Author Topic: The Nintendo Wii U thread  (Read 27048 times)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Nintendo Wii U thread
« Reply #240 on: March 29, 2015, 12:35:51 pm »
True. It'll be a shame if it comes out only on Wii U near the end of it's cycle though. That happened to Skyward Sword and sales suffered, not that it was that great anyway. Ocarina got delayed so many times back in the day. It was frustrating but ultimately well worth the wait given what they produced.

I didn't mind the Ocarina delay, it gave me enough time to save up for the N64!

Sure it will be worth it in the end anyway.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #241 on: March 30, 2015, 10:41:23 pm »
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad,"
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: March 31, 2015, 04:06:14 pm »
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad,"

Fair play Shigeru!

I've just redeemed my Club Nintendo points for A Link To The Past anyway, should keep me going for ages on my Zelda fix.
Spend the summer of 93 playing it round my mates house as I didn't have a SNES, then one day I turned up and the c*nt had finished it without me. Now I have the power!

Offline snez1

• Kopite
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #243 on: April 1, 2015, 12:06:01 pm »
Fair play Shigeru!

I've just redeemed my Club Nintendo points for A Link To The Past anyway, should keep me going for ages on my Zelda fix.
Spend the summer of 93 playing it round my mates house as I didn't have a SNES, then one day I turned up and the c*nt had finished it without me. Now I have the power!

Done exactly the same myself. Just got the master sword. Wonderful game.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: April 2, 2015, 04:54:34 pm »
did anyone watch nintendo direct last night, i watched the first 10 mins and turned it off as it basically them trying to flog me smash bros DLC and amiibos

not interested in either of those
STFU and agree with me.

Offline snez1

• Kopite
« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2015, 12:13:05 pm »
Finally picked up a copy of The Wind Waker HD and it's absolutely marvellous. Shame there won't  be another Zelda this year.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2015, 08:41:58 pm »
Got Affordable Space Adventures to try this weekend. Apparently it actually uses asymmetrical gameplay, unlike most of the games, despite it being an obvious unique point to the system. Not got Nintendoland though so no idea whether asymmetrical stuff really works. Plus I've no mates to play with anyway :lmao

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: May 1, 2015, 12:04:03 pm »
Affordable Space Adventures was decent.

Got the new Kirby game, it's fun but you don't even look up from the gamepad, which is a bit of a waste of the visuals.

Of course, all is secondary to the majesty of the new Mario Kart DLC. It's even fixed most of my system error problems with it. Bless you Nintendo. I'm even winning some online races now, made up. Nothing better than racing as my Mii in my Yoshi suit, on a Yoshi bike. A dream come true. Sad c*nt I know but I love my Yoshi Amiibo and I don't care who knows it :P

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: June 2, 2015, 12:39:22 pm »
Splatoon is great. Shame it seems about 5 years too late, but I really like what Nintendo have doen with the shooter genre. About time they did it.

I am still not very good at it. But it's very satisfying, and the emphasis on territory is great rather than just focusing on killing the other players, altohugh it is still fun to run someone over with a roller every now and then.

They're drip feeding the content bit by bit at the moment and I'm quite enjoying how you get really familiar with the maps because you only have two at a time.

Not really dented the single player yet either, and for someone like me who is almost 100% single player focused (Mario Kart being my other exception) that's quite a compliment.

Offline snez1

• Kopite
« Reply #249 on: June 2, 2015, 05:45:13 pm »
Splatoon is fantastic. Shame no one has the Wii U, they're really missing out as there are some wonderful games on the system. Pity Nintendo fucked it with their awful marketing and inability to hold onto 3rd party devs really. Still, my mate has a PS4 and I know for a fact his Wii U gets more use and has the superior collection of games.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: June 3, 2015, 04:38:57 pm »
Got Splatoon yesterday for my kid. He loves it already. Still no online function for the system though from a couple of years ago and Nintendo can fuck off if they think I'm paying to have it fixed considering the problem only arose when I sent it back to them for repair of another problem.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: June 3, 2015, 04:43:43 pm »
Still no online function for the system though from a couple of years ago and Nintendo can fuck off if they think I'm paying to have it fixed considering the problem only arose when I sent it back to them for repair of another problem.

That sucks, they are a bit crap in that department - mine had constant hard drive errors with Mario Kart for ages, I sent it to them for repairs and they said nothing was wrong with it, lo and behold when the DLC came out and they updated the software, it started working again.

They just need to offer replacements for constant faults like yours, free of charge - it's not like they're selling more consoles than they can make, so they need to A) respect their existing customers and B) use surplus stock for replacements for significant problems like yours. They have hardly any share of the market now comparably, so they need to hang on to existing punters. Plus, the online feature of Splatoon is a major part of it.

Offline kmo1969

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: June 21, 2015, 10:54:02 pm »
Splatoon is immense! I hardly play anything online but with Splatoon the main game hasn't even had a look in. I'm loving the online gameplay for this and keep going back for one more game! :D
"When I decided to sign a new contract I did it because Liverpool Football Club is more than a club. It is the heart of the city. It is our life and for the people here it means so much. I thought I had to sign. We have to fight. We have to do it."

"Hello, a big heart has space for everyone. Thank you."

Offline Cruicky

• Anny Roader
  • Moves like Agger
« Reply #253 on: July 13, 2015, 01:29:10 am »
Not strictly Wii U, but Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata has died at 55.  Gutted.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150713e.pdf
I'm very aroused.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: July 13, 2015, 03:06:13 am »
Not strictly Wii U, but Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata has died at 55.  Gutted.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150713e.pdf

Sad news indeed.  :'(

"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: July 13, 2015, 05:13:18 am »
RIP Iwata.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: July 13, 2015, 06:28:10 am »
Shocked to hear that this morning.

RIP Iwata
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline snez1

• Kopite
« Reply #257 on: August 5, 2015, 12:56:31 pm »
Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii U via the eShop now. Anyone played this? Heard good things and I'm considering playing it but not sure I've got 60 plus hours to invest in a game.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #258 on: September 11, 2015, 02:27:30 am »
I know I'm in the wrong thread, but seeing as it's Nintendo I thought someone would be able to help :)

Is there a newer version/iteration of the Nintendo 3DS planned for any time soon?

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: September 11, 2015, 09:32:25 pm »
I think there's a new 3ds due out in the next few months
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #260 on: September 24, 2015, 11:33:24 pm »
I think there's a new 3ds due out in the next few months
Thanks for that  :)

Offline SyukriJ

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Out of darkness cometh light
« Reply #261 on: September 25, 2015, 11:28:10 am »
Has anyone played Super Mario Maker? It looks awesome. I'm thinking of getting a Wii U just to play it but the price of the console is not justified!

There's one insane user-created level Pit of Panga. The guy took 5 hours to create it and another 9 hours to beat it. So far, no one has beaten that level and think 2000+ people have tried.

Here's the link to it : https://youtu.be/_sxY8pELhqM
"One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog you must stick together" - Bob Paisley

Offline kmo1969

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: October 7, 2015, 10:17:23 pm »
I know I'm in the wrong thread, but seeing as it's Nintendo I thought someone would be able to help :)

Is there a newer version/iteration of the Nintendo 3DS planned for any time soon?
I think there's a new 3DS due out in the next few months

A new 3DS was released earlier on in the year so doubt there'll be another any time soon as iSmiff mentions. I know, I bought one! :D
"When I decided to sign a new contract I did it because Liverpool Football Club is more than a club. It is the heart of the city. It is our life and for the people here it means so much. I thought I had to sign. We have to fight. We have to do it."

Offline kmo1969

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: October 7, 2015, 10:19:42 pm »
Has anyone played Super Mario Maker? It looks awesome. I'm thinking of getting a Wii U just to play it but the price of the console is not justified!

There's one insane user-created level Pit of Panga. The guy took 5 hours to create it and another 9 hours to beat it. So far, no one has beaten that level and think 2000+ people have tried.

Yeah, I got it. Not for me tho, can't be bothered designing levels and everyone seems to make their levels insanely hard and impossible to complete so defeats the object really. :(

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #264 on: October 8, 2015, 12:35:47 pm »

my 9 year old daughter keeps going on about it. It will be a xmas present though. She says it looks amazing (if that helps!!)
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 8, 2015, 04:53:13 pm »
Yeah, I got it. Not for me tho, can't be bothered designing levels and everyone seems to make their levels insanely hard and impossible to complete so defeats the object really. :(

You can just pick easy levels you know! I can see what you mean as I fail more than i try.

I've got this, proper love it, so much so that after I reviewed it I bought myself a copy so I could play with more people's courses other than journo's. I've only uploaded three of my own levels, I'm very much concept based so I made one based around Tetris shapes, one with 3 of everything inspired by Three is the Magic Number, and another where shitloads of stuff falls from the sky.

Offline SyukriJ

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #266 on: October 9, 2015, 09:17:00 am »
You can just pick easy levels you know! I can see what you mean as I fail more than i try.

I've got this, proper love it, so much so that after I reviewed it I bought myself a copy so I could play with more people's courses other than journo's. I've only uploaded three of my own levels, I'm very much concept based so I made one based around Tetris shapes, one with 3 of everything inspired by Three is the Magic Number, and another where shitloads of stuff falls from the sky.

Dude I love to try your levels. Share me your codes!
"One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog you must stick together" - Bob Paisley

Offline SyukriJ

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #267 on: October 9, 2015, 09:17:36 am »
my 9 year old daughter keeps going on about it. It will be a xmas present though. She says it looks amazing (if that helps!!)

I caved in and bought. Absolutely loved it. Your daughter would be so happy for xmas!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: October 9, 2015, 11:56:56 am »
Dude I love to try your levels. Share me your codes!

Tetris course:

BD2E-0000-008B-2FB6

Drop course:

DA42-0000-0091-EDEC

The other one is currently under renovation ;D There's always more to tinker with!

Oh and if anyone wants to be my friend, I'm SamBillGill, add me as I've only one friend so far in over a year of having it :lmao
« Last Edit: October 9, 2015, 12:44:47 pm by SamAteTheRedAcid »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: November 16, 2015, 06:55:53 pm »
Had to send my console away to get this rectified. All sorted. Problem now is, and it seems to be a common problem with repaired consoles, it doesn't connect to the nternet to download updates. Tries downloading Luigi U, and doing other things, like the online store. Wont connect. Emailed them, they said to send it away again for repair. I asked them can this not be repaired remotely, as looking at other forums, it happens almost 100% of the time a console is repaired seemingly. Havent had a response and that was 5 weeks ago. They're a fucking disgrace and I wish I had saved myself £400 and not bought one

Finally got this fixed. One phone call that lasted about 4 minutes. "We should have that rectified for you in 24 hours, our tech team will email you." Less than 12 hour later, email received. "That should work now". And it does. it only took slightly over 2 years.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: November 16, 2015, 07:00:18 pm »
Finally got this fixed. One phone call that lasted about 4 minutes. "We should have that rectified for you in 24 hours, our tech team will email you." Less than 12 hour later, email received. "That should work now". And it does. it only took slightly over 2 years.

Good to hear it's eventually sorted!

Reviewing Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash this week. Spoiler: it's shite. So lazy, very disappointing effort from Nintendo. Better off buying one of the retro ones for peanuts on the Virtual Console.

Splatoon probably my favourite game of the year on Wii U, that and the Mario Kart DLC.

Zelda looking good for next year, and Star Fox seems to have had a graphical update since it's original and awful appearance earlier in the year. Still, it's left Nintendo with fuck all for Christmas that I want. Xenoblade perhaps?

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #271 on: November 30, 2015, 10:31:07 pm »
Never had a Wii, decided to get a Wii U... mainly for the multiplayer couch games.

I have:

Splatoon
Mario Kart 8
Mario Party 9 (Wii)
Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
Nintendo Land
Super Smash Bros

Anything else worth getting?

Also, the controller setups for this are a headache... especially when you factor in backwards compatibility. Could do with an online database.
:D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: December 1, 2015, 08:52:51 am »
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: December 1, 2015, 05:47:04 pm »
Got Xenoblade this week. If I can tear myself away from Fallout 4.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #274 on: December 1, 2015, 11:25:56 pm »
picking up my wii u for xenoblade x on friday. going to grab bayonetta 2 and monster hunter 3 ultimate for some online hunting ;)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: March 30, 2016, 05:42:32 pm »
Poor old Wii U.
Slipped way down the second page.
It's like the Dreamcast all over again. Still, as with then, you can't help but fault the parent company for mistakes made in bringing it to market.

I've enjoyed Pokken Tournament recently, StarFox soon, looks like they might have turned it around after the lame initial reveal.

But what I like most of all is sitting playing Yoshi platformers while the little one or the Mrs. watches awful telly.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #276 on: November 12, 2019, 11:30:29 am »
Just bought one of these for my 8 year old for Christmas.
Was mulling over the switch but managed to pick it up in great condition with 3 wiimotes, the main handheld screen, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Wii Party U, Nintendoland, Lego Marvel and Smash all for £100.

Going to get Mario 3D Land.

We borrowed the switch for a weekend but the controls were quote fiddly, so though this would be ideal to introduce him to Nintendo and get him away from Fortnite/Minecraft for 10 minutes  ;D

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: November 12, 2019, 03:01:45 pm »
Just bought one of these for my 8 year old for Christmas.
Was mulling over the switch but managed to pick it up in great condition with 3 wiimotes, the main handheld screen, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Wii Party U, Nintendoland, Lego Marvel and Smash all for £100.

Going to get Mario 3D Land.

We borrowed the switch for a weekend but the controls were quote fiddly, so though this would be ideal to introduce him to Nintendo and get him away from Fortnite/Minecraft for 10 minutes  ;D

Love mine mate. Had it 5 years and still going strong. Really enjoyed 3D World with the lad, co-op play is excellent. Bargain you got yourself there, hours of playtime. Splatoon is great fun, hugely underrated IMO.

Was going to get a Switch last Christmas but decided there was still so much value left in this I delayed it by a year - and there's still lots left in it.