Author Topic: The Nintendo Wii U thread  (Read 27044 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: The Nintendo Wii U thread
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2012, 12:49:44 pm »
The shop I was in yesterday had loads, so I picked one up. The only game I have is the one it comes with. It's okay, but not great.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: December 25, 2012, 02:25:56 pm »
I'm gonna end up smashing this fucker to bits already. Cant get the wanker connected to the internet. No idea why. Anyone else having a problem?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Juan Kerr

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: December 25, 2012, 05:17:07 pm »
I had the same prob this morning, quick google search sorted it out tho.
Just have to put your settings in manually.

Many users of Wii U have found the issue to connect to the Internet, or is unable to find the router at home. To connect Wii U to your home router and fix the internet connection issue, you can do as following steps:

1. Go into connection types, Hit "Manual Configuration"
2. Input your SSID
3. Input the correct security type.
4. Put your password in properly
5. For ip address "Do not auto obtain".
6. open up cmd in your computer, type in ipconfig
7. Now input that ip address but add 10 to the last number so "192.168.0.1" will be entered as "192.168.0.11"
8. Enter the rest of your info inside such as subnet mask and default gateway exactly as you see it in your ipconfig.
9. Now hit next, hit configure now for your DNS. When asked about DNS hit "Dont auto obtain".
10. For the first server put in 8.8.8.8
11. For the second server put in 8.8.4.4
12. Hit Next, when asked about a proxy hit no proxy
13. Leave mtu as the default
14. it should work, if not check the ip and that it is the internet ip + 10.
Try this way and it will help you to fix the Wii U internet connection issue

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2012, 02:06:06 pm »
I had the same prob this morning, quick google search sorted it out tho.
Just have to put your settings in manually.

Many users of Wii U have found the issue to connect to the Internet, or is unable to find the router at home. To connect Wii U to your home router and fix the internet connection issue, you can do as following steps:

1. Go into connection types, Hit "Manual Configuration"
2. Input your SSID
3. Input the correct security type.
4. Put your password in properly
5. For ip address "Do not auto obtain".
6. open up cmd in your computer, type in ipconfig
7. Now input that ip address but add 10 to the last number so "192.168.0.1" will be entered as "192.168.0.11"

8. Enter the rest of your info inside such as subnet mask and default gateway exactly as you see it in your ipconfig.
9. Now hit next, hit configure now for your DNS. When asked about DNS hit "Dont auto obtain".
10. For the first server put in 8.8.8.8
11. For the second server put in 8.8.4.4
12. Hit Next, when asked about a proxy hit no proxy
13. Leave mtu as the default
14. it should work, if not check the ip and that it is the internet ip + 10.
Try this way and it will help you to fix the Wii U internet connection issue

When I try to open ipconfig, it flashes up on the screen and goes away again. This is doing my fucking nut in. Looking at the Nintendo forums, it seems to be a common problem. Giving serious consideration to bringing it back and getting my money back.

Got it sorted. I love this console.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 02:22:48 pm by Bugger All+ »

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2012, 07:43:49 pm »
I might get one for my sister on her birthday..

Is it worth it right now ? Love the Mario games and really need to play a few of them.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2013, 11:51:06 am »
Have just ordered the Monster Hunter bundle from amazon. Can't wait to waste another 700 hours of my life on a character!

Really wasn't going to get a Wii U, but I simply can't resist due to Monster hunter. Me and the missus are that sad i can see one of us playing this on the wii U the other with a 3ds......

Ah hunting, I can't wait to shout obscenities at the telly again ;D
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2013, 11:58:05 am »
I'll get one when they release some good exclusives.

the current catalogue is awful. shame too, I was really looking forward to this but other than Pikmin, Rayman etc I cba.

though what they're doing with Rayman is awful, holding it back so they can release it with 360 at the same time
for shame.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2013, 12:06:13 pm »
Kinda regret getting one now as they already lowered in price and I only play ZombiU and now it's just sitting there, nothing out for it atm that interests me, not that there is much choice.

Oh well!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2013, 06:29:41 pm »
Opinion of Journalist (and all round tanned good guy) Rob Taylor, when asked whether the Wii U will stand up to the PS4 and NextBox - Personally I think Nintendo should start again with home hardware. Yes, a massive loss, but not as big as the one it'll face if it keeps throwing money at a console built for an audience that doesn't exist any more.

The casual market has gone: They're playing on their iPads and smartphones and they're loving it, or they never really played the Wii that much in the first place. Trying to sell a Wii U to this audience - in this day and age - is a strategy that has the hallmarks of THQ's uDraw catastrophe.

Nintendo is a brilliant games company. I've grown up with its magical devices. But it's making quite a tragic mistake and I think it'll become more painful to watch as each month goes by.

Unfortunately, at this point in time, I have to say I agree with him. I posted in another thread about how loads of people I talked to (gamers, but not massively invested in the industry) didn't realise there was a new Nintendo console, and those that did thought that the Wii U was a tablet peripheral for the Wii. I want Nintendo to start again.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #129 on: March 4, 2013, 02:59:49 pm »
I thought the whole point of the Wii U was to get the hardcore gamers back?

I'd wait until E3 to see what they have install next, got a feeling we'll see more of Zelda and hopefully some Mario.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #130 on: March 4, 2013, 04:29:23 pm »
They really should have marketed this better honestly the amount of people I've come across who think it's Nintendo wii with a tablet added onto it. 

Calling it the wii 2,  however awkward that sounds would have helped.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #131 on: March 4, 2013, 04:38:50 pm »
I regret buying one.

No new games come out for it, only ZombiU was good and was done with that rather quick. It's just been sitting there while I've gone back to my PS3 for FIFA, Metal Gear and now Tomb Raider.

Waste of £300 atm...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 5, 2013, 09:28:16 am »
My kid absolutely loves it. Obviously the amount of games available at present is crap, but he's still well into the ones he's got. And its great for when I want to watch football.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #133 on: March 9, 2013, 11:30:41 am »
thinking about getting one of these for my daughters birthday, she's already got the wii - I guess my question is it worth getting the 32G premium or taking the standard 'classic' 8GB.

Can this thing play blu rays, or films via a usb at all - or will it have to be hacked?
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2013, 04:06:11 pm »
Yesssssssssssssss!!! My monster hunter ultimate wii u pack arrived today! Yesss!!!! Goodbye life!!!!!!

;D This is the single only game i bought the Wii u for, don't care about anything else, it's the greatest thing ever made!! Can't wait to get home and get stuck in!
Gratitude

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2013, 03:55:53 pm »
A simple message for Uhoh Aurelio's

MOSTER HUNTER 3 ULTIMATE IS AMAZING!!!!!

;D

Life destroyer ultimate more like. Christ alive it's good! I'm actually really liking the console itself too at the moment (it's only been 1 day....)
Gratitude

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2013, 04:11:59 pm »
Deffo getting monsters hunter 3 - looks amaze!!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2013, 04:29:15 pm »
Monster Hunter seems to be one of those games you either 'don't get' or 'get' and it consumes your life (Like FM). They look well made games but I've never seen the overall appeal.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2013, 11:24:12 pm »
Monster Hunter seems to be one of those games you either 'don't get' or 'get' and it consumes your life (Like FM). They look well made games but I've never seen the overall appeal.
Nor did I until i played it, I used to think it was pointless. And in a way, it is, but so is every video game. I can't help it, it drags me in!
"Dammit I just need 1 more Palagicite ore to make that sword, i'll just do this quick quest" aaaannndddd 3 hours later i'm into a whole new armour set, hunting things with people, etc.

The online makes this game, it's so much fun hunting with 3 other people even if you don't know them. I've just finished hunting with 3 portuguese people who speak (type) far better english than i do portugese (thankfully haha) but even when you all have no idea what people are typing you can all still acomplish the quests and let me tell you, the first time you fight one of the big fuckers with 3 others who are low level like you, and it takes about half an hour to kill this one best, it feels very rewarding.

On the flip side, when you fuck it up it makes me curses like a bastard ;D

If anyone does get this on the Wii U, let me know your login names and we'll try and get a room set up!
Gratitude

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2013, 12:52:59 am »
Jesus, it's consumed my weekend utterly. What a fucking fantastic game, it really is!
Gratitude

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2013, 08:48:41 am »
Jesus, it's consumed my weekend utterly. What a fucking fantastic game, it really is!

My name is randomPH1L on the Wii U and I am gonna be getting it this week, you can be my first Nintendo buddy as I have no one on this haha

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2013, 03:22:39 pm »
My name is randomPH1L on the Wii U and I am gonna be getting it this week, you can be my first Nintendo buddy as I have no one on this haha
Sound mate, i'll get you added!

Be warned, the learning curve is well steep on this, but so worth it. It gives you no help at all, so feel free to ask away, any help i can give I will!
Gratitude

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2013, 03:39:13 pm »
Sound mate, i'll get you added!

Be warned, the learning curve is well steep on this, but so worth it. It gives you no help at all, so feel free to ask away, any help i can give I will!

Sounds good, I am trying to be good and get in shape for summer atm so I am laying off the booze after this weekend so a few weekends in and nights in, joys of not having a bird atm so keen to get into it with you if you wanna game together, not sure if that is possible/level differences or whatever but I am keen, love RPG's and the like so hopefully can pick it up fairly fast, only other game I played on Wii U is ZombiU and never had a Wii before so we will see what deal is with the controller lol

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2013, 04:05:31 pm »
Sounds good, I am trying to be good and get in shape for summer atm so I am laying off the booze after this weekend so a few weekends in and nights in, joys of not having a bird atm so keen to get into it with you if you wanna game together, not sure if that is possible/level differences or whatever but I am keen, love RPG's and the like so hopefully can pick it up fairly fast, only other game I played on Wii U is ZombiU and never had a Wii before so we will see what deal is with the controller lol
One of the nice things is that while i'll be at a higher level and you won't be able to join the higher level quests that i have, i can join yours and help you get your hunter rank up. You'll find a lot of people online that will do that (as it earns cash and people are generally good natured on MH online)

This game is all about hunting and crafting new stuff, there's really no story to it at all (the single players got a kinda story, but again it's all about the hunt) I spent 4 hours this weekend just hunting one type of monster in an attempt to get a specific item from carving it's dead body. Killed about 20 of them until i got it and loved each hunt as they were always different, and i was doing it online with a room of sound people, all of who needed specific items to craft as well.

What's also nice is that pretty much everyone isn't using the built in mic's but using text chat like we all used to on Tri on the Wii, so no irritating people shouting or anything, makes things a lot, lot better. I'd only use the mic if i was hunting with mates of mine, but seeing as none of them have a wiiu let alone the game i'm happy with the text. And it's not "lollzzzzzz n00b gt pwned.." etc, etc, it's just normal typing usually. Which makes me a happy lad ;D
Gratitude

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2013, 04:08:45 pm »
One of the nice things is that while i'll be at a higher level and you won't be able to join the higher level quests that i have, i can join yours and help you get your hunter rank up. You'll find a lot of people online that will do that (as it earns cash and people are generally good natured on MH online)

This game is all about hunting and crafting new stuff, there's really no story to it at all (the single players got a kinda story, but again it's all about the hunt) I spent 4 hours this weekend just hunting one type of monster in an attempt to get a specific item from carving it's dead body. Killed about 20 of them until i got it and loved each hunt as they were always different, and i was doing it online with a room of sound people, all of who needed specific items to craft as well.

What's also nice is that pretty much everyone isn't using the built in mic's but using text chat like we all used to on Tri on the Wii, so no irritating people shouting or anything, makes things a lot, lot better. I'd only use the mic if i was hunting with mates of mine, but seeing as none of them have a wiiu let alone the game i'm happy with the text. And it's not "lollzzzzzz n00b gt pwned.." etc, etc, it's just normal typing usually. Which makes me a happy lad ;D

haha sounds good! I never played MH games but sounds interesting, I used to play MMORPG's before moving out into a flat and giving up a desktop for space reasons an that, so only consoles for me now, MH sounds like a bit of a time sink but also fun so I am deffo keen to give it a whirl, should arrive tomorrow or the say after from Amazon!

Looking forward to getting to grips with it but it will have to share it's time with Bioshock for a bit  :o

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2013, 04:44:22 pm »
haha sounds good! I never played MH games but sounds interesting, I used to play MMORPG's before moving out into a flat and giving up a desktop for space reasons an that, so only consoles for me now, MH sounds like a bit of a time sink but also fun so I am deffo keen to give it a whirl, should arrive tomorrow or the say after from Amazon!

Looking forward to getting to grips with it but it will have to share it's time with Bioshock for a bit  :o
It's an utter time sink. I honestly lost my weekend to it. Looked at the clock last night, it said 10.30. Thought "right, one more quest then bed". Didn't go to bed till 2 and honestly didn't realise. It's because hunts can take a while for the tougher monsters (although there's some that are far too tough for me at the mo, a whole party of us got destroyed by 1 in 10 mins last night, much to our annoyance and amusement!), and also the temptation of "just one more" is far too much for me most times haha!

I could go on and on, but i best not! It's easily in my top 3 games ever played and if i'm honest, it's probably number 1 despite just being a grind fest time sink. I'm addicted.
Gratitude

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #146 on: March 25, 2013, 07:57:15 pm »
I've added you Phil mate, my id is Elgrinchoid.
Gratitude

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #147 on: March 25, 2013, 08:56:18 pm »
It's an utter time sink. I honestly lost my weekend to it. Looked at the clock last night, it said 10.30. Thought "right, one more quest then bed". Didn't go to bed till 2 and honestly didn't realise. It's because hunts can take a while for the tougher monsters (although there's some that are far too tough for me at the mo, a whole party of us got destroyed by 1 in 10 mins last night, much to our annoyance and amusement!), and also the temptation of "just one more" is far too much for me most times haha!

I could go on and on, but i best not! It's easily in my top 3 games ever played and if i'm honest, it's probably number 1 despite just being a grind fest time sink. I'm addicted.

You're making me excited for this game, got dispatch notification from amazon around 2PM but as I live in Jersey I reckon it will be here Wednesday instead.

BTW how long does the Wii U gamepad last? I haven't used mine at all and even tho it's been off for like a week it's gone flat!?

PS3 and XBOX controllers are fine for much longer and I did a 12 hour sesh with a 360 controller the other day for gears haha

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2013, 06:09:37 pm »
Lego City Undercover - a work of genius.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2013, 11:23:55 am »
Anyone else having issues? Some of our games won't work. They just freeze. Lego City gets to a certain load point and stops. Nintendoland will play for a few minutes and freeze. Lego Batman we can play for about 20 mins before it freezes. Mario Bros stops after 5 minutes. Skylanders Giants we can play for hours with no freezing. There is no scratches whatsoever on Lego City or Mario Bros, and there's more on Skylanders than there is on the other 2, so there must be an issue with the console.
I can't find my receipt either. Surely with it only being out in December, I won't need one if I contact Nintendo?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #150 on: May 3, 2013, 08:05:31 am »
Looks like the Wii U has been hacked and it could be something as simple as a USB dongle

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 3, 2013, 08:22:57 am »
Looks like the Wii U has been hacked and it could be something as simple as a USB dongle
Quote from: Nintendo
Nintendo is aware that a hacking group claims to have compromised Wii U security; however, we have no reports of illegal Wii U games nor unauthorized applications playable on the system while in Wii U mode. Nintendo continuously monitors all threats to its products' security and will use technology and will take the necessary legal steps to prevent the facilitation of piracy.

Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 3, 2013, 10:57:25 am »
The claims

Wiikey U is the first and only optical drive emulator that allows you to play all your WiiU games from any USB media!

Play your WiiU and Wii games from any USB media!
Compatible with all WiiU models and regionsD
User friendly intuitive interface
No soldering required
Multi-language support
Supports most popular file systems, including EXT4/3/2, Max OS X, and NTFS
Powerful embedded Linux system
High-speed USB2 interface
Firmware and FPGA fully in-system updatable from USB media
Recovery mode - it is always possible to recover from a bad flash
Stylish USB remote with powered USB hub and charger function
Bulletproof high quality hardware (not manufactured in China!)

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2013, 05:39:55 pm »
BBC reporting that EA have stopped developing games for it.

Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2013, 06:10:44 pm »
EA have confirmed it.

Unprecedented partnership.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2013, 07:03:00 pm »

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2013, 02:49:41 am »
Well that's a massive punch in the gut to Nintendo and Wii U owners. Hate EA or love them, you probably play a few of their games. So does this mean no new FIFAs/Maddens/NHLs or is it just for non sports games? Either way it's still a big announcement that means I'm probably not getting the Wii U.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2013, 12:13:34 pm »
Think we'll see a nose dive in price before the end of this year.

Well that's a massive punch in the gut to Nintendo and Wii U owners. Hate EA or love them, you probably play a few of their games. So does this mean no new FIFAs/Maddens/NHLs or is it just for non sports games? Either way it's still a big announcement that means I'm probably not getting the Wii U.

Aren't EA and EA sports separate companies? Cant believe that they will ditch development of FIFA etc even if its just a carbon copy of the wii version

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2013, 07:59:11 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PUKAtfMYqoA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PUKAtfMYqoA</a>

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2013, 04:11:43 pm »
Ordering mine now, £240 on Amazon.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]