Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1046332 times)

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Think Strachan is one of the better ones when talking about the game but yeah, really poor choice of words.

Poor choice of words? Fucking hell he not only compared being black to being a paedophile, it's his indignation that people aren't allowed to call black players names anymore. Fuck me Gordon.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Poor choice of words? Fucking hell he not only compared being black to being a paedophile, it's his indignation that people aren't allowed to call black players names anymore. Fuck me Gordon.
I'd like to hope that it was just a miscommunication. Maybe he was trying to ask a more measured, if provocative, philosophical question about whether it's seemly or acceptable to sledge convicted criminals about their crimes? Or something like that.

But if so he did it very badly and, really, a lightweight football debate show is not really the place for that kind of complex social and behavioral question.

Or maybe he's just a thick twat
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Anyone checked on Martin Tyler this morning? Sounded like he’d just found out his cat had died as Naby equalised last night.

Offline toe punt

• Anny Roader
Anyone checked on Martin Tyler this morning? Sounded like he’d just found out his cat had died as Naby equalised last night.

At least Carragher was there to balance it out. However, I would rather we didn't have people with pro or anti Liverpool bias anywhere near our games. It feels like the Sky coverage is becoming the Neville and Carragher show for the bantz generation and not much better than that fan zone shite they used to do. I bet if they could they would have both commentating on all LFC and MUFC games.

Sky's coverage was pretty shambolic last night all over, constantly doing close ups and missing the game and the chaotic interviews before and after the game.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
At least Carragher was there to balance it out. However, I would rather we didn't have people with pro or anti Liverpool bias anywhere near our games. It feels like the Sky coverage is becoming the Neville and Carragher show for the bantz generation and not much better than that fan zone shite they used to do. I bet if they could they would have both commentating on all LFC and MUFC games.

Sky's coverage was pretty shambolic last night all over, constantly doing close ups and missing the game and the chaotic interviews before and after the game.

Don't watch sky. Nbc or other streams
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Think Strachan is one of the better ones when talking about the game but yeah, really poor choice of words.
I honestly do t think Strachan is racist, it was just a monumentally stupid thing to say.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Martin Tyler is one complete dick

Was nearly in tears when we scored.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Why isn't Graeme 'I hate Liverpool' Le Saux on the list?

C*nt.

:D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

I'd like to hope that it was just a miscommunication. Maybe he was trying to ask a more measured, if provocative, philosophical question about whether it's seemly or acceptable to sledge convicted criminals about their crimes? Or something like that.

But if so he did it very badly and, really, a lightweight football debate show is not really the place for that kind of complex social and behavioral question.

Thats what I got from it. I don't think it was intending say you 'oh, you can't call black players names anymore', just that 'is it ok to call Adam Johnson names?". A reidiculous comparison bringing race into it however agreed.

I honestly do t think Strachan is racist, it was just a monumentally stupid thing to say.

Yeah, came across as bone headed rather than anything malicious.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
Adrian Durham is very good at his job, which is to annoy people so much they ring in to have a row with him. I doubt he seriously believes even half of what he says.
He annoys the f*ck out of me  :no   .. of course it's to get people to call in etc... but it's just weak in my opinion. also i can just turn it off  ;D
but it's the way he just says a 'throw away' comment about whatever, whoever with no content at all (except in his fuzzy brain).. Amateur at best  :butt
at the other end of the scale you could listen to stuff like 'My Sporting Life' series with Danny kelly, wish he did more again...
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
Adrian Durham is indeed a colossal prick, but I can't really blame him for it.  It's what he's paid to be.  He's a professional troll, and if you get wound up enough to phone his show, he's done his job.

To echo other's thoughts, Talksport is just one massive gathering of Dickheads.  Paul Hawksbee is the only exception, in that I think he's a genuinely amusing bloke who you could have a pint with.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Strachan has apologised and been dropped by Sky.

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Is it Jonathan Pearce that commentates our games on MOTD? The last couple of weeks he has been an absolute weapon; even more so than usual.

"Salah was offside, definitely." Even though there was a hair's breadth in it and attackers are meant to get the benefit of the doubt.

"The defender pulls his leg away JUST in time." When you can clearly see a foul.  :wanker

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Salah was definitely offside, there's no benefit of the doubt if you're clearly offside.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Cundy and whoever does that late show with him are also a terrible pair of c*nts

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Cundy and whoever does that late show with him are also a terrible pair of c*nts
He's known as Jason Cunty in this household

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
Adrian Durham is indeed a colossal prick, but I can't really blame him for it.  It's what he's paid to be.  He's a professional troll, and if you get wound up enough to phone his show, he's done his job.

To echo other's thoughts, Talksport is just one massive gathering of Dickheads.  Paul Hawksbee is the only exception, in that I think he's a genuinely amusing bloke who you could have a pint with.

I rather enjoy Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning too, purely for the fact they're the opposite to Durnham et al, who seem to thrive on absolutes and sensationalism.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
"The defender pulls his leg away JUST in time." When you can clearly see a foul.  :wanker

This made me laugh as he said it just as the replay shows Keira’s leg being taken out by the defender. He’s implying there was no contact when there clearly was.

“The referee has got that right, in my opinion, the Liverpool management, players and fans won’t agree with me” - at least he got that part right.

Offline lucabrasi

• sleepswiththefishes
  • Main Stander
This week it’s Garth Crooks. His team of the week has enough players from Lfc but his little sly digs are enough to piss off the supporters.
On Van Dijk: “Real Madrid and Barcelona must be in frantic talks with their banks about how much it might cost to buy Van Dijk. An audacious bid is bound to happen sooner or later - if it hasn't already.”

On Henderson : “Captain fantastic took to the stage against Southampton and told Jurgen Klopp where he can stick his position on the bench.Personally, I think Henderson has been treated rather harshly with Klopp relegating him to substitute. ”

On Salah : “The Egypt international signalled his comeback with a trademark finish and ripped off his shirt with a defiant stare at the Liverpool fans who dared to doubt him. “

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
:D

I thang yew  ;D

Unfortunately I voted donkey's years ago, but I'd give him all three votes if that was possible after his one-eyed 'analysis' of our game the other night ... c*nt  >:(

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
This week it’s Garth Crooks. His team of the week has enough players from Lfc but his little sly digs are enough to piss off the supporters.
On Van Dijk: “Real Madrid and Barcelona must be in frantic talks with their banks about how much it might cost to buy Van Dijk. An audacious bid is bound to happen sooner or later - if it hasn't already.”

On Henderson : “Captain fantastic took to the stage against Southampton and told Jurgen Klopp where he can stick his position on the bench.Personally, I think Henderson has been treated rather harshly with Klopp relegating him to substitute. ”

On Salah : “The Egypt international signalled his comeback with a trademark finish and ripped off his shirt with a defiant stare at the Liverpool fans who dared to doubt him. “

...whilst also rimming the arseholes at Old Trafford when on about Wan-Bissaka:

"This fabulous talent has not looked back since his Premier League debut at Fulham at the start of the season. This kid is a must for Manchester United."

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That’s the umpteenth time he’s tried to act as Van Dijk’s agent and encouraged another team to bid for him.  He’s utterly desperate for Van Dijk to be away from Anfield. Obviously upset that we’ve been streets ahead of Spurs and United this season.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Why isn't Graeme 'I hate Liverpool' Le Saux on the list?

C*nt.

On the Keita non-penalty: "there was no contact there...(on seeing replay)...okay there was contact, but he`s thrown himself to the ground"...

Yeah, maybe because the defender took his legs from under him.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Pearce was ridiculous with that foul - and it was a foul - on Keita.

I came in to talk about Tyler though because I did a bit of an experiment yesterday and watched a full non Liverpool game with him commentating. The result:

He annoyed me almost as much as when watching a Liverpool game. Friday, he was pathetic though, he so obviously dislikes Liverpool. That in itself doesn't bother me, but the fact that there is night and day between his commentaries on Liverpool and United shows he is incapable of remaining neutral.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite

...whilst also rimming the arseholes at Old Trafford when on about Wan-Bissaka:

"This fabulous talent has not looked back since his Premier League debut at Fulham at the start of the season. This kid is a must for Manchester United."

:no

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

i'd listen to Durham over Cunty any day of the week.  The bloke has pure hatred for us.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

:lmao

Fucking hell he needs his head checking. Seems like the lights are on but nobody is home.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
:lmao

Fucking hell he needs his head checking. Seems like the lights are on but nobody is home.
In Garth Crooks' home the light always going on is the fridge door being opened.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan

Fucking hell, that is tragic.

And we pay our licence fee for this shite?

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
Goldstein. Childish, irritating bellend. Treats callers with absolute contempt but there's no way he'd dare behave in that way to someone's face, he'd be nice as pie. I have no idea how that bloke has a job on national radio, he doesn't have any knowledge of the game or even a background in sport. I bet he can't believe his luck.

Offline lucabrasi

• sleepswiththefishes
  • Main Stander
I think the closer we get the more true colours are going to emerge with certain pundits. We see it with our ex players already cheering us on. People like Crooks will be coming out of the woodwork with their little digs.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I think the closer we get the more true colours are going to emerge with certain pundits. We see it with our ex players already cheering us on. People like Crooks will be coming out of the woodwork with their little digs.

And Ian Wright is chief Liverpool cheerleader.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?

I just saw that twats team of the week comments, Aaron Wan-Bissaka is a ‘must’ for the Mancs because he looks a decent prospect because no one else signs decent players and the Mancs are pinnacle of football and Van Dijk must be going to Real or Barca because he’s too good for us presumably.

Prick.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline acks

• Kopite
And Ian Wright is chief Liverpool cheerleader.

One of my fave players as a kid and a top fella in general, he's backed Liverpool for the title since the very beginning.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite

Garth Crooks has always been a bellend, got binned long ago from doing post match interviews because of his idiotic long winded questions[why say one word when you can say a billion], archetype of mouth being light centuries ahead of his brain, one of the worst pundits up there. :no
#Sausages

Offline lucabrasi

• sleepswiththefishes
  • Main Stander
Garth Crooks has always been a bellend, got binned long ago from doing post match interviews because of his idiotic long winded questions[why say one word when you can say a billion], archetype of mouth being light centuries ahead of his brain, one of the worst pundits up there. :no

No wonder the mods ban half the transfer speculation. The papers picked up on this morons comments and run with Van Dijk to Barca. He’s supposed to do piece every week on players that stand out and has to add a circle of shit. Probably sitting back all happy with himself.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan

I think he also said VVD played a fantastic ball to Firmino for Henderson’s goal without realising it was Matip. Silly twat.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jake Humphries should never be allowed to set foot in Anfield again the dirty fucking scumbag
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jake Humphries should never be allowed to set foot in Anfield again the dirty fucking scumbag

“It’ll take me 6 hours to get home. We’re in the middle of nowhere.”

What the fuck was that?!

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
“It’ll take me 6 hours to get home. We’re in the middle of nowhere.”

What the fuck was that?!

I don’t think he means ill, I think he’s just trying to be funny, he’s just very bad at it.