Author Topic: Rucksacs into ground  (Read 6162 times)

Offline cjc9020801Beverly Hills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
Rucksacs into ground
« on: August 24, 2017, 09:40:19 pm »
Against Palace the stewards searched rucksacks as usual and tagged them to show they'd been searched. I had no problem with this. But last night, against Hoffenheim, the stewards refused to let rucksacks into the ground, even kids ones. I know this caused a bit of grief at the turnstiles, especially as we'd had no prior warning of the ban and their suggestion of leaving our backpacks in the King Harry or Arkles pubs. Did anyone else have any problems? The stewards said handbags are ok, as were carrier bags and shoulder bags. Has anyone had an email about the ban?

I've no problem being searched on the way in, but surely banning all backpacks is extreme?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Rucksacs into ground
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 10:07:48 pm »
We heard a rumour against Palace that they were gonna do this but it didn't happen on the Kop at least. Last night I walked in with a handbag and the steward had a cursory look but was more interested in seeing my text alert. Don't see how they can just suggest you leave your bag in a pub. I bet they let daytrippers in with their massive club shop bags as well.

Apparently at Old Trafford this season they have opened a left luggage room for bags which sounds a logistical nightmare.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 10:13:47 pm »
Took my mam to the game last night, told her about the bag searches, said she is taking her handbag no matter what :D. Got to the turnstiles Steward had a cursory glance inside and said that's fine.

Seen a few people with rucksacks in the upper main last night though, only think I noticed because of the previous communication about not being allowed in with them though.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 07:47:15 am »
We heard a rumour against Palace that they were gonna do this but it didn't happen on the Kop at least. Last night I walked in with a handbag and the steward had a cursory look but was more interested in seeing my text alert. Don't see how they can just suggest you leave your bag in a pub. I bet they let daytrippers in with their massive club shop bags as well.

Apparently at Old Trafford this season they have opened a left luggage room for bags which sounds a logistical nightmare.

I bet you it's not free , well organised wouldnt take long to issue a ticket , retrieve it etc , but are these rucksacks searched too ? Knowing united it will be a money maker