Author Topic: FSG (*)  (Read 831971 times)

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
Re: FSG (*)
« Reply #8840 on: April 21, 2017, 03:47:04 pm »
Not really. I've pointed out plenty of faults they've done and plenty of areas I'd personally improve.

However they've been pretty consistent on the ARE expansion, and the placement of "will" in a quote really doesn't change that.

The bits at the back of the Kop are not 'expansion' - they are a development to take account of increased disabled bays - Anfield may have less capacity/seats at the start of 2017/18 than this season.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8841 on: April 21, 2017, 03:52:41 pm »
The bits at the back of the Kop are not 'expansion' - they are a development to take account of increased disabled bays - Anfield may have less capacity/seats at the start of 2017/18 than this season.

It's expansion beyond the current area for viewing, regardless of the increased % now taken up by disabled seating.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8842 on: April 21, 2017, 03:54:05 pm »
This is a thread about FSG isn't it? the positives and the negatives?

Why not assume they are building it and congratulate them, then if they don't slaughter them?

Because you don't want to do that.

It's boring and all it does is allows people to critise the owners without any real evidence, as usual.

Because the facts are that I have been in meetings years ago where they said they would not do the ARE until the MS was done. They wanted to gauge demand and 'how it would be done' - this is with a ST Waiting List of 20,000 odd and massive off waiting list demand.

They said this year that they were looking at other options (an increased stand) but there can be absolutely no doubt at all that the demand could not be a part of their concern, there is no possible argument that demand for an extra 9000 seats is not there for each game. Fact.

So, it assumes that the work now is on modelling a ROI plan - the higher capacity is an obvious way of increasing that as there is not the exponential cost of building the extra capacity. What it does do is establish a challenge outside the ground for traffic and movement management and the costs of that.

So, the short answer is that there are more current reasons to say it isn't happening soon or at all than reasons to say it is about to happen soon or at all.

That can change depending upon an update we will get at the end of May.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #8843 on: April 21, 2017, 03:54:51 pm »
Many successful business owners have prior unsuccessful business ventures. 

Sometimes your first effort does well, sometime you fail a couple of times and learn what not to do.

I know that myself and a few of the Pro FSG Brigade have run profitable businesses and developed broader perspectives.

Are any of you Anti-FSG Brigade business owners?  (That actually employ people).
Kill the humourless

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8844 on: April 21, 2017, 03:56:45 pm »
It's expansion beyond the current area for viewing, regardless of the increased % now taken up by disabled seating.

So, now the definition of 'expansion' is work that results in a lower capacity at Anfield?

I have been in two meetings where I was told by the Club that the loss of seats overall would not be compensated for by the changes being made in the ground this Summer.

What have you been told?
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #8845 on: April 21, 2017, 04:01:13 pm »

The Kop is being expanded. There will be more people sitting on the Kop next season than this season.

The capacity of Anfield may be lower due to the increase in disabled seating (I believe it's over 100 new places) however the club is also looking to offset this in the Centenary Stand by adding an addition seat on the aisle of each row.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline ollick

• Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #8846 on: April 21, 2017, 04:04:02 pm »
So, now the definition of 'expansion' is work that results in a lower capacity at Anfield?

I have been in two meetings where I was told by the Club that the loss of seats overall would not be compensated for by the changes being made in the ground this Summer.

What have you been told?

So why are they doing the Kop his summer then? Is it to expand the Kop or to offset the seating lost?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8847 on: April 21, 2017, 04:09:39 pm »
So why are they doing the Kop his summer then? Is it to expand the Kop or to offset the seating lost?

We (and other Clubs) have been in breach of disability legislation for a couple of years, if not longer.

The authorities have had enough and told everyone to sort it out, hence the speed needed to put in lifts and building works (there are about 50 individual building tasks large and small) this Summer.

To somehow characterise statutory regulation compliance as a pat on the back for anyone is mad (but good on them for doing it eventually) and to go further and somehow make a virtue out of there being more seats in the Kop next season (which I know is not guaranteed) but the ground will have less seats overall is just beyond parody.

And my ire here is for the apologists, not the Club or owners on this issue. The Club has been behind on this (as have other Clubs for years) - the best anyone gets out of this is a 'thank you for finally sorting'.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8848 on: April 21, 2017, 04:10:27 pm »

What have you been told?

The size of Anfield is being expanded. The amount of seating space viewing the pitch will be more next year than this year.

The fact the club is having to change some standard seating to disabled seating, due to new legislation,  does not change this fact.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8849 on: April 21, 2017, 04:14:23 pm »
The size of Anfield is being expanded. The amount of seating space viewing the pitch will be more next year than this year.

The fact the club is having to change some standard seating to disabled seating, due to new legislation,  does not change this fact.

No, there will be less able bodied seats, more disabled/carer seats but overall a reduced capacity at Anfield.

I've been told twice - what is your source for there being an increased capacity next season overall when the scores of disabled bays being created mean seats being lost and the work being done to replace those lost seats means less able bodied seats overall?

I do know they will be doing all they can to make it neutral, but for now that is the latest the SC have been told.

EDIT: the numbers being mentioned (and it is accepted these would not be totally final) was that about 1000 able bodied seats would go in the ground (this was an upwards estimate from 500 in January) but there would be about an extra 43 disabled bays needing to be created.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:25:52 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #8850 on: April 21, 2017, 04:30:16 pm »
Are any of you pro-FSG brigade on the payroll of FSG?
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #8851 on: April 21, 2017, 04:32:35 pm »

We all are, we just can't release our salaries to Dave though.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #8852 on: April 21, 2017, 04:33:22 pm »
We all are, we just can't release our salaries to Dave though.

Where can I sign up lol
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8853 on: April 21, 2017, 04:37:29 pm »

My money is on the Eel fella. Slippery one is that one.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8854 on: April 21, 2017, 04:38:45 pm »
No, there will be less able bodied seats, more disabled/carer seats but overall a reduced capacity at Anfield.

I've been told twice - what is your source for there being an increased capacity next season overall when the scores of disabled bays being created mean seats being lost and the work being done to replace those lost seats means less able bodied seats overall?

I do know they will be doing all they can to make it neutral, but for now that is the latest the SC have been told.

EDIT: the numbers being mentioned (and it is accepted these would not be totally final) was that about 1000 able bodied seats would go in the ground (this was an upwards estimate from 500 in January) but there would be about an extra 43 disabled bays needing to be created.

I'm not on about capacity. I'm on about Anfield being expanded to provide more space to view the game.

The fact that we are increasing disabled seating which take up more room so capacity drops does not counter the fact there will be more space within Anfield next season

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8855 on: April 21, 2017, 04:42:34 pm »
I'm not on about capacity. I'm on about Anfield being expanded to provide more space to view the game.

The fact that we are increasing disabled seating which take up more room so capacity drops does not counter the fact there will be more space within Anfield next season

*Speechless*

There will be less people in Anfield watching the game next season.

And unless they have made it into a Tardis it will be the same size ground.

I'll leave this nonsense by an anonymous apologist there for others to judge.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8856 on: April 21, 2017, 04:45:01 pm »
My money is on the Eel fella. Slippery one is that one.

Slanderous.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8857 on: April 21, 2017, 04:45:08 pm »
*Speechless*

True, but there will be people watching the game who were unable to watch it so far.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8858 on: April 21, 2017, 04:46:48 pm »
*Speechless*

Are you unable or just unwilling to comprehend simple English?

Anfield, next season, will have a larger amount of viewing space, in sqm, than now. It will be larger.

Now I agree capacity will be less, due to new legislation meaning smaller able bodied seats being changed to larger disabled bodied seats. However that doesn't change the fact Anfield will be larger.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8859 on: April 21, 2017, 04:51:49 pm »

Chemical Craig at his finest  ;D

What next mate we actually outperformed Sevilla in the Europa League final. We finished as runners up whereas they finished next to last.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8860 on: April 21, 2017, 04:55:01 pm »

I'd appreciate you not linking me to a mass murderer. Not for the first time either.

It's a pretty shitty thing to do.

What next mate we actually outperformed Sevilla in the Europa League final. We finished as runners up whereas they finished next to last.

Bizarre comment.

Will Anfield be larger next season?

Offline ollick

• Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #8861 on: April 21, 2017, 04:56:05 pm »
We (and other Clubs) have been in breach of disability legislation for a couple of years, if not longer.

The authorities have had enough and told everyone to sort it out, hence the speed needed to put in lifts and building works (there are about 50 individual building tasks large and small) this Summer.

To somehow characterise statutory regulation compliance as a pat on the back for anyone is mad (but good on them for doing it eventually) and to go further and somehow make a virtue out of there being more seats in the Kop next season (which I know is not guaranteed) but the ground will have less seats overall is just beyond parody.

And my ire here is for the apologists, not the Club or owners on this issue. The Club has been behind on this (as have other Clubs for years) - the best anyone gets out of this is a 'thank you for finally sorting'.

Is the Kop being expanded then? Seeing as you didn't answer the first time, thought I'd try again. Or are you anti-FSG people unable to answer questions?

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8862 on: April 21, 2017, 04:59:02 pm »
Wait, so because of an increase in disabled seating, we won't have an increase in overall seating. But Anfield is still being expanded.

Graham, are you in any way, considering this expansion as a negative ?

Offline Day1983

• Main Stander
« Reply #8863 on: April 21, 2017, 05:05:38 pm »
He said they'll have to see, which is exactly what has been the case all along...once the Main is built does demand, potential income, cost, etc. make sense for it to happen.

No he said ticket prices(alluding to the walkout) may stop it, they are words from his mouth.
As for demand, I've been on the season ticket waiting list since 2003! I'm still around 4500 on the list and an expanded ARE might still not see me get one. Also I take it you weren't at the Madrid charity match the other week. It was sad to see so many kids there who very rarely get to see the first team live. The demand is not an issue at all.
Income and cost...well that's on the owners wether they want to do it for the fans or themselves.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8864 on: April 21, 2017, 05:24:07 pm »
I'd appreciate you not linking me to a mass murderer. Not for the first time either.

It's a pretty shitty thing to do.

Bizarre comment.

Will Anfield be larger next season?

Capacity, capacity, capacity.

We have a huge waiting list yet you are somehow celebrating less people being able to watch us.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Day1983

• Main Stander
« Reply #8865 on: April 21, 2017, 05:28:20 pm »
Why do you hate disabled people ?

Their capacity is being increased at Anfield.

No need for that like.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8866 on: April 21, 2017, 05:33:16 pm »
It's a good thing we're expanding the number of disabled seats at Anfield dickheads  and it should be more. Never a negative.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8867 on: April 21, 2017, 05:37:18 pm »
No need for that like.

It was a throwaway, tongue in cheek comment. No need to take it seriously  ::)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8868 on: April 21, 2017, 05:37:31 pm »
Capacity, capacity, capacity.

We have a huge waiting list yet you are somehow celebrating less people being able to watch us.

And yet you're viewing increasing disabled access as a negative

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8869 on: April 21, 2017, 05:39:42 pm »
Is the Kop being expanded then? Seeing as you didn't answer the first time, thought I'd try again. Or are you anti-FSG people unable to answer questions?

Well based upon spatial awareness arguments now being put you will have to define 'expanded'.

Will the Kop footprint be bigger? No.

Will there be more people in the Kop watching the game? Probably not.

Will some space not currently considered floor space become floor space? Maybe, but I'm unable to really say if this is what is meant.

Will the number of actual seats for able bodied people in the Kop be more next season? No.

Will the number of seats for disabled people in the Kop be more? Yes.

Will the area occupied by seats both able bodied and disabled be any greater? No, as the overall loss of able bodied seats will go down and will not be compensated for by the disabled provision.

And if we can remember why I got involved in this issue today - someone said "Anfield is expanding next season'. I was just pointing out it is not, and not as any criticism of FSG as they are the only owners who have eventually made full statutory provision for disabled supporters.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:42:42 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8870 on: April 21, 2017, 05:40:10 pm »

Tone down the personal insults Al, really no need.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8871 on: April 21, 2017, 05:41:28 pm »
Wait, so because of an increase in disabled seating, we won't have an increase in overall seating. But Anfield is still being expanded.

Graham, are you in any way, considering this expansion as a negative ?

No, as mentioned previously, now twice I got involved because it was said that Anfield is expanding. It isn't on any sane definition.

But again as mentioned - the Club are finally catching up with the law. Good, positive move by the owners.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8872 on: April 21, 2017, 05:42:50 pm »
Christ this is tedious.

Anfield is being expanded, but due to it simultaneously falling in line with disabled access regulations it won't have a larger overall capacity.

Whether or not you look at this positively or negatively probably says more about you than what's actually happening.

Still, we need things to bitch at each other about I suppose.

Offline Day1983

• Main Stander
« Reply #8873 on: April 21, 2017, 05:44:04 pm »
It was a throwaway, tongue in cheek comment. No need to take it seriously  ::)

Ok mate fair enough.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8874 on: April 21, 2017, 05:45:47 pm »
No, as mentioned previously, now twice I got involved because it was said that Anfield is expanding. It isn't on any sane definition.

But again as mentioned - the Club are finally catching up with the law. Good, positive move by the owners.

A spatial expansion is still investment in the stadium, Graham. You and I both agree the general capacity has to be increased as well. But doesn't this show a continuous interest in infrastructure investment ?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8875 on: April 21, 2017, 05:59:08 pm »
Tone down the personal insults Al, really no need.

What personal insult.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8876 on: April 21, 2017, 06:01:41 pm »
And yet you're viewing increasing disabled access as a negative

Really.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8877 on: April 21, 2017, 06:02:28 pm »
Really.

Aren't you? If not then what the hell are you going after Craig for it?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8878 on: April 21, 2017, 06:03:38 pm »
A spatial expansion is still investment in the stadium, Graham. You and I both agree the general capacity has to be increased as well. But doesn't this show a continuous interest in infrastructure investment ?

As Clouseau said "It's the luuurrr"
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8879 on: April 21, 2017, 06:05:19 pm »

Stadiums are measured In capacity not per sqm.
"Ohhh-kayyy"