Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 331639 times)

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
Re: The weather
« Reply #1760 on: March 30, 2020, 07:25:31 am »
The last couple of years our winter has been in March and April after an unexpectedly mild January and February.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I was sat in the garden late afternoon burning cardboard and it was freezing!

No it's cloudy and warmed up a bit.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1761 on: March 30, 2020, 09:20:01 am »
Because I follow nature and the natural world fairly closely theres been a definite shift in the seasons over recent years.

I reckon we're about 6wks behind where we should be which is throwing off breeding seasons, pollination and plant life.

Obviously I'm not a scientist and that's only my own personal observation, in a very small area of the UK so probably a load of tosh [emoji16]

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1762 on: March 31, 2020, 01:16:08 pm »
18 degrees forecast on Sunday here (south Manchester).

Have text the neighbour and we plan to lift a fence panel and have a chat whilst having a few drinks in our gardens.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1763 on: March 31, 2020, 01:19:20 pm »
Doin me head in.

FFS lets have some rain and wind.

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #1764 on: March 31, 2020, 01:37:32 pm »
Because I follow nature and the natural world fairly closely theres been a definite shift in the seasons over recent years.

I reckon we're about 6wks behind where we should be which is throwing off breeding seasons, pollination and plant life.

Obviously I'm not a scientist and that's only my own personal observation, in a very small area of the UK so probably a load of tosh [emoji16]
Not tosh at all. This trend was noticed in the 90s and has continued. The seasons are shifting - and the 'holding' seasons of spring and autumn are also shortening, which adds to the instability factor.

Here it's April in a few days' time and yesterday we had more snow in a day than in the whole of January. It was mad. And overnight we're having -5 for several nights running. Not had that all winter. Oh and the clocks went forward at the weekend. It's very, very confusing for nature and wildlife.....

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1765 on: March 31, 2020, 02:47:56 pm »
Not tosh at all. This trend was noticed in the 90s and has continued. The seasons are shifting - and the 'holding' seasons of spring and autumn are also shortening, which adds to the instability factor.

Here it's April in a few days' time and yesterday we had more snow in a day than in the whole of January. It was mad. And overnight we're having -5 for several nights running. Not had that all winter. Oh and the clocks went forward at the weekend. It's very, very confusing for nature and wildlife.....
The changes have been sporadic since the 90s but it feels as though its settled into this new routine the last few years.

I'm noticing blossom appearing later, waterfowl breeding later and even the trees are leafing later.

My silver birch catkins are still brown and theres no sign of leaves yet.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1766 on: March 31, 2020, 02:48:44 pm »
At least you've acknowledged cloud seeding but deffo the wrong thread mate   ;D

Shouldn't ' ve brought it up being honest but somethings that slight moment in decision making can sometimes lead me into my fuck it mode.

Whether or not it’s the right thread, Weather forecasting and weather modification are fascinating subjects. Saudi Arabia have been seeding for over a decade and they unintentionally caused floods in 2009.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1767 on: March 31, 2020, 02:51:26 pm »
The changes have been sporadic since the 90s but it feels as though its settled into this new routine the last few years.

I'm noticing blossom appearing later, waterfowl breeding later and even the trees are leafing later.

My silver birch catkins are still brown and theres no sign of leaves yet.

I think it’s more that the transitional seasons, Spring and Autumn/Fall, are getting shorter rather than any shifting, which means winter and summer are longer. What do you think?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 02:54:17 pm by Peabee »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1768 on: March 31, 2020, 03:04:53 pm »
I think it’s more that the transitional seasons, Spring and Autumn/Fall, are getting shorter rather than any shifting, which means winter and summer are longer. What do you think?
I don't know mate it seems we've shifted about 6wks ahead. 

The really cold stuff isn't January/February anymore, its more Feb/March and sometimes into April.  Summer is later now too where September/October is generally dryer, warmer and more settled than July/August.  November/December is warm and wet.

Like I said though, these are just my observations in my area.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1769 on: April 2, 2020, 07:01:08 pm »
It looks like social distancing will be tested this weekend.

There is a warm plume coming up from the south by Sunday, so I expect the usual places to look like a normal Bank Holiday.

Of course, people are getting cabin fever and need to get out, but I hope we all stay sensible.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1770 on: April 2, 2020, 07:13:03 pm »
It looks like social distancing will be tested this weekend.

There is a warm plume coming up from the south by Sunday, so I expect the usual places to look like a normal Bank Holiday.

Of course, people are getting cabin fever and need to get out, but I hope we all stay sensible.

Sitting in the garden getting pissed is our plan
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1771 on: April 2, 2020, 07:21:24 pm »
The trees outside my flat have already started to flower, & forecast for Sunday is sunny & around 18C, Saturday is pretty decent too but a bit cooler.
#Sausages

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1772 on: April 2, 2020, 07:29:59 pm »
Before I went shopping this morning I told Paul I was going to get absolutely rat arsed this weekend.

Hopefully I'll get into the supermarket tomorrow and if I do, hopefully there'll be something left worth getting pissed on [emoji23]

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1773 on: April 2, 2020, 07:34:05 pm »
Wise move. Enjoy! 
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1774 on: April 2, 2020, 07:54:28 pm »
Wise move. Enjoy! 

Not a choice i have as i live in flats, not a typical multi story high rise but this block of flats
https://www.google.com/maps/@53.4011767,-3.1094923,3a,75y,132.63h,90.88t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swcR2u0Cl0RAKnX69HphCfg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Quite nice flats though.
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1775 on: April 2, 2020, 07:56:54 pm »
Not a choice i have as i live in flats, not a typical multi story high rise but this block of flats
https://www.google.com/maps/@53.4011767,-3.1094923,3a,75y,132.63h,90.88t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swcR2u0Cl0RAKnX69HphCfg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Quite nice flats though.
Oh, I don't know.

You could find yourself a nice little spec in the communal garden there.  :hally

We've got a load of Guinness left over from Christmas, and it's been a very stressful time recently.

I think we might get hammered on Saturday night just for the hell of it.  :hally :hally
« Last Edit: April 2, 2020, 07:58:59 pm by Sons of pioneerS »

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1776 on: April 2, 2020, 08:01:00 pm »
Oh, I don't know.

You could find yourself a nice little spec in the communal garden there.  :hally

With everyone walking by, we don't have a rear garden either, it's a concrete yard. ;)

Mind you just been to my local Tesco Express & brought a crate of Budweiser[15, 330ml bottles for £10] :hally & i have a couple of bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale in the fridge, i haven't been well this week but feeling a lot better today, apart from a chesty cough, although it's not a persistent cough.
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1777 on: April 2, 2020, 08:10:31 pm »
With everyone walking by, we don't have a rear garden either, it's a concrete yard. ;)

Mind you just been to my local Tesco Express & brought a crate of Budweiser[15, 330ml bottles for £10] :hally & i have a couple of bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale in the fridge, i haven't been well this week but feeling a lot better today, apart from a chesty cough, although it's not a persistent cough.

Erm... can you distance your post from mine, please. Just in case.  ;)

Maybe the garden looks bigger in the picture than it actually is. I thought there was enough room to keep well away from people passing by, going on the picture.

Anyway, I'm glad you are feeling better. If you sink a few beers over the weekend, do enjoy!

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1778 on: April 2, 2020, 08:18:03 pm »

Erm... can you distance your post from mine, please. Just in case.  ;)

Maybe the garden looks bigger in the picture than it actually is. I thought there was enough room to keep well away from people passing by, going on the picture.

Anyway, I'm glad you are feeling better. If you sink a few beers over the weekend, do enjoy!

Cheers, think i just had a bit of a heavy cold again[i am a bit susceptible to colds], rather annoyingly it's played havoc with my sleeping pattern that now i'm awake all night.

The garden is a bit bigger in real life, but feels kind of uncomfortable with no privacy such as everyone being able to see you when they're walking past.
#Sausages

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1779 on: April 2, 2020, 08:21:59 pm »
Yeah this weekend will be a big test, meant to be 20 or above degrees. You know fuckers will be out an about.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1780 on: April 2, 2020, 09:18:15 pm »
Who was it that said they're lifting a fence panel up to get pissed with his neighbour on Sunday? Made me smile that, neighbour interaction is great, getting bladdered with your neighbour through a 2 meter gap in the fence is brilliant :)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1781 on: April 2, 2020, 10:13:06 pm »
We have a thunderstorm in Tallinn. It's midnight in April and there's hail and sleet and lightening and thunder and it's +2 and very, very windy and it feels like -5 outside.

Remind me why I am living here again?!  :o

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1782 on: April 2, 2020, 10:14:59 pm »
We have a thunderstorm in Tallinn. It's midnight in April and there's hail and sleet and lightening and thunder and it's +2 and very, very windy and it feels like -5 outside.

What with with global warming, its quite Tallinn that.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1783 on: April 2, 2020, 10:17:05 pm »

You like Soviet era birds?

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1784 on: April 2, 2020, 10:28:42 pm »

Don't worry, estonia storm.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1785 on: April 2, 2020, 11:14:04 pm »
Don't worry, estonia storm.
You're such a Tallinnted comedian.  ;)

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #1786 on: April 2, 2020, 11:16:33 pm »
No Tallin what happens if you get Estonia.
Kill the humourless

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1787 on: April 2, 2020, 11:16:34 pm »
You like Soviet era birds?
Yup - engaged to one - told her today that in these times of crisis the great NW philosopher Rick Astley has some sagely advice. I told her, "Narva gonna give you up!" She made me a nice apple Tartu as thanks.

Where's yer sensa Hiiumaa?

[/mode baltic geography geek]

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1788 on: April 3, 2020, 12:57:50 am »

Vertically-challenged hostelries aren't your thing?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1789 on: April 3, 2020, 09:05:03 am »
Before I went shopping this morning I told Paul I was going to get absolutely rat arsed this weekend.

Hopefully I'll get into the supermarket tomorrow and if I do, hopefully there'll be something left worth getting pissed on [emoji23]

Got half a bottle of Absolut, half a bottle of Jagermeister and about 3ltrs of Jack in the cupboard next to the sink, about 10 cans of Carlsberg and some bottles of Becks somewhere in the garage, a few bottles of red in the dish cupboard, a bottle of vodka and 2 or 3 bottles of gin in the wardrobe.

I think we might be OK :lmao
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1790 on: April 3, 2020, 09:07:26 am »
Got half a bottle of Absolut, half a bottle of Jagermeister and about 3ltrs of Jack in the cupboard next to the sink, about 10 cans of Carlsberg and some bottles of Becks somewhere in the garage, a few bottles of red in the dish cupboard, a bottle of vodka and 2 or 3 bottles of gin in the wardrobe.

I think we might be OK :lmao
Fucking hell Rob a couple of cans of ready mixed gin n tonics is enough for me [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1791 on: April 3, 2020, 09:09:44 am »
Fucking hell Rob a couple of cans of ready mixed gin n tonics is enough for me [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Just found of of those in the fridge ;D

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1792 on: April 3, 2020, 09:21:57 am »
Just found of of those in the fridge ;D
If I'd found one I'd have necked it by now [emoji2356]

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #1793 on: April 10, 2020, 10:13:28 pm »
Fuckin ell that was loud .

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1794 on: April 11, 2020, 12:16:58 am »
Fuckin ell that was loud .
Although I'm up in Sefton, I saw the lightning flash. Mrs. Spion then messaged me to say it was overhead at Sefton Park. The Echo are saying the lightning struck the Lark Lane area.

Trust me to miss it.  ::)

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1795 on: April 11, 2020, 12:17:43 am »
Although I'm up in Sefton, I saw the lightning flash. Mrs. Spion then messaged me to say it was overhead at Sefton Park. The Echo are saying the lightning struck the Lark Lane area.

Trust me to miss it.  ::)

You must have had it after us. It was here about 9pm in Chester.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1796 on: April 11, 2020, 12:26:32 am »
You must have had it after us. It was here about 9pm in Chester.
It was a warm day and I suspected we might get the odd rumble of thunder once I saw the dark clouds gathering before dusk.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1797 on: April 11, 2020, 12:27:53 am »
Saw a double flash and that was it, the thunder was unreal. As people said maybe it hit something and the sound was the thunder then the detonation.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #1798 on: April 12, 2020, 10:51:40 pm »
Yet more posts of mine deleted .

What is the reason for it this time ?

At least one of youse can PM us.

Ta.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1799 on: April 13, 2020, 08:05:03 am »
Yet more posts of mine deleted .

What is the reason for it this time ?

At least one of youse can PM us.

Ta.
They haven't been deleted mate, they've been moved to the 5g thread  :thumbup