Author Topic: Champions League Group Stages home or away  (Read 49477 times)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: Champions League Group Stages home or away
« Reply #240 on: August 30, 2019, 01:20:20 am »
£100 return from Munich we've booked, 1 1/2 hours on train to Salzburg, easy to get back after the match with the early kickoff too

I google mapped the ground before and its so close to the border. If someone skies the ball over the stand it could end up in Germany.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: August 30, 2019, 02:26:45 am »
Fuck it my feet are itching.

Flying into Eindhoven Monday and back on the Friday. Meeting my mate in Eindhoven on the Wednesday . Bit of a shock when I seen the train goes via Brussels.We are going to have to hire car it or train it to Maastricht and then local bus it.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #242 on: August 30, 2019, 07:32:00 am »
If you’re going to Salzburg via Munich then worth knowing Salzburg is included on the Bavaria regional ticket. €53 for up to five people pay on the day price.

https://www.bahn.com/en/view/mdb/pv/deutschland_erleben/allgemein/tickets/pdfs_laender-tickets/2015/mdb_190311_streckenkarte_bay_2015.pdf
Long live the King

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: August 30, 2019, 10:39:58 am »
Anyone remember what time the earliest and latest bus left the Naples port? Pretty sure the latest missed kick-off?

Going to spend a couple days in Rome but trying to time trains accordingly to get to the game.

Cheers
YNWA.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #244 on: August 30, 2019, 11:48:52 am »
struggling to find accomodation in Genk -  anyone know how easy it is to get a taxi to Hasselt late on?-  all trains and buses seem to stop after 9pm!

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #245 on: August 30, 2019, 11:52:50 am »
struggling to find accomodation in Genk -  anyone know how easy it is to get a taxi to Hasselt late on?-  all trains and buses seem to stop after 9pm!

Mates booked a hotel in Genk but after having problems with the Lufthansa site and having to input details six times before it would left me complete the booking (hardly German efficiency!), I missed out on the last room there. Tried others but nothing affordable. Spent 3 hours looking and eventually settled for a hotel in Hasslt which looks like a decent size city with all you'd expect with that.

BUT I have been trying to find a way back from Genk to Hasselt after the match and their buses and trains seem to stop running at 8pm at the latest! ::) Does anyone have any experience of trains in Belgium, or have any other ideas please? We are getting the Eurostar to Brussels and a train from there which is fine. And we can probably get to Genk ok before the game, but looks to be too far to walk back! :D

Any information helpful! :wave Thanks

Failing that, want to share a taxi back? :) Surely they must run later on, unless Genk fans all live "round the corner"!
We are a team of one half.

Offline Toxteth_Terror

• Kopite
« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2019, 12:18:32 pm »
I'm staying in Hasselt mate, transport back shouldn't be an issue. Happy to share a taxi or whatever.

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #247 on: August 30, 2019, 12:28:02 pm »
I live in Olen, about half an hour drive to Genk, so if you guys have any questions, just ask.
Getting a ticket in the away section will be impossible for me, but I'm trying to get one in the home section for me and me dad.

The airports close by Genk are Maastricht, Liege, Eindhoven, Brussels and Antwerp
Trains run from around 6AM - 11PM - if you need to get to Brussels Airport by train you'll need to change trains in Hasselt.

Taxis should be OK from Hasselt, Diepenbeek, Maasmechelen, Maastricht to Genk.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 12:30:20 pm by exCite »
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: August 30, 2019, 02:06:13 pm »

Me mates just got us a room . Pay upon arrival too.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: August 30, 2019, 02:06:53 pm »
I live in Olen, about half an hour drive to Genk, so if you guys have any questions, just ask.
Getting a ticket in the away section will be impossible for me, but I'm trying to get one in the home section for me and me dad.

The airports close by Genk are Maastricht, Liege, Eindhoven, Brussels and Antwerp
Trains run from around 6AM - 11PM - if you need to get to Brussels Airport by train you'll need to change trains in Hasselt.

Thanks for the info, mate. I booked a train that appears to go directly from Brussels Centraal to Genk (and back?)
YNWA.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: August 30, 2019, 02:07:35 pm »
Cant seem to post link but its on booking.com

Hotel De Schacht.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #251 on: August 30, 2019, 02:20:19 pm »
Knew before the draw that I could only do 2 of the 3 so it was a no brainer, Genk and Salzburg both booked  8)
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #252 on: August 30, 2019, 02:21:04 pm »
Thanks for the info, mate. I booked a train that appears to go directly from Brussels Centraal to Genk (and back?)

Yeah mate, from Brussel-Centraal, there's a direct one. But from Brussels-Airport, there's only trains with at least one stop.
If you're getting in by plane, you'll need to get a train at Brussels-Airport (could get one to Brussel Centraal easily).
If you're getting in by train (Eurostar), you'll be at Brussel-Midi and will need to take another train (5 minutes) to Brussel-Centraal.

If you're there for a couple of hours or a day or 2, go to Hasselt in stead of Genk, it's a small city and has a cosy feel to it.
And Kenny's boys of '88,

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #253 on: August 30, 2019, 02:49:21 pm »

Last train back to Brussels from Genk seems to be 9.07pm, is that right or am I missing another one?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: August 30, 2019, 03:59:50 pm »
Yeah mate, from Brussel-Centraal, there's a direct one. But from Brussels-Airport, there's only trains with at least one stop.
If you're getting in by plane, you'll need to get a train at Brussels-Airport (could get one to Brussel Centraal easily).
If you're getting in by train (Eurostar), you'll be at Brussel-Midi and will need to take another train (5 minutes) to Brussel-Centraal.

If you're there for a couple of hours or a day or 2, go to Hasselt in stead of Genk, it's a small city and has a cosy feel to it.

Ahhh yes! That makes sense. Forgot the airport and train were far apart. Thanks for this - very helpful. I'm doing a literal half day pitstop to save on holiday days.
YNWA.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #255 on: August 30, 2019, 04:48:01 pm »
Mates booked a hotel in Genk but after having problems with the Lufthansa site and having to input details six times before it would left me complete the booking (hardly German efficiency!), I missed out on the last room there. Tried others but nothing affordable. Spent 3 hours looking and eventually settled for a hotel in Hasslt which looks like a decent size city with all you'd expect with that.

BUT I have been trying to find a way back from Genk to Hasselt after the match and their buses and trains seem to stop running at 8pm at the latest! ::) Does anyone have any experience of trains in Belgium, or have any other ideas please? We are getting the Eurostar to Brussels and a train from there which is fine. And we can probably get to Genk ok before the game, but looks to be too far to walk back! :D

Any information helpful! :wave Thanks

Failing that, want to share a taxi back? :) Surely they must run later on, unless Genk fans all live "round the corner"!
also looking at Eurostar to Hasselt so will probably join you in the taxi queue!

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: August 30, 2019, 05:38:06 pm »
I posted this in the Genk thread as well but this seems more active.

Am I being thick here.

There are no hotels in Genk? What are you supposed to do after the game after we've been kept behind until 11:30pm onwards?

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: August 30, 2019, 05:45:12 pm »
Not sure which Italian city to book to as a base for a couple days around Napoli game. Was thinking Rome? I've only been Naples and Milan in Italy.

Got the fast trains in Italy so get on a route that includes that.

Florence is brilliant mate if you've not been. You can then see day trips for Bologna, Pisa and loads of other places like Sienna.
But Florence definitely recommend.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #258 on: August 30, 2019, 07:14:46 pm »
Agree about Florence. Had a great couple of days there in 2009 when we played Fiorentina. The wine was excellent as well lol

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #259 on: August 30, 2019, 07:37:42 pm »
Does anyone know what happened to the UEFA price cap for away fans? They said they were close to agreeing one in March. We could potentially have an away in under 3 weeks.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/26/uefa-close-agreeing-price-cap-away-tickets-champions-league/

€70. Announced today. Stops Barca etc charging a ton but I expect every game to be €70 from next year.
Long live the King

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: August 31, 2019, 10:02:38 am »
Hopefully it's seen as a limit, not an opportunity.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #261 on: September 1, 2019, 06:30:12 pm »
also looking at Eurostar to Hasselt so will probably join you in the taxi queue!

Fine! :wave

Think we made a good choice to be honest :)

Thanks ExCite for the info. Useful! No evening buses or trains then? ::) Sure we'll be ok though. Sounds like there will be a few of us in Hasselt!

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2019, 10:35:05 am »
Evening buses aren't common in Belgium, your best bet is a taxi (I'd book it in advance).

I've got tickets in the home end, so my missus is driving me and me dad over there  :D.
And Kenny's boys of '88,

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: December 11, 2019, 08:08:02 pm »
Anyone know if atlanta deffo playing knockout phase games in san Siro too?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: December 11, 2019, 11:24:07 pm »
Just seen our 5 possibilties of teams to play. All nice places to visit and either of the Spanish teams or Lyon means I go via Bordeaux as I love the city. I done Bordeaux - Madrid back in May but deffo not sleeping in a bush this time en route. When is the draw ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: December 12, 2019, 12:27:34 am »
I stopped being lazy. The draw is the 16th.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #266 on: December 12, 2019, 08:03:35 am »
Yes, Monday but not sure what time

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #267 on: December 12, 2019, 08:23:10 am »

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: December 12, 2019, 09:30:39 am »
Anyone know if atlanta deffo playing knockout phase games in san Siro too?

Can't see it confirmed, but their ground is not up to standard and the statement said that is would be for the 2019/2020 season, but they said that about Spurs but allowed them to move back to the new ground

But as Atalanta can't play at their ground, can't see it changing. They played at Sassuolo in 2017 for Europa

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #269 on: December 13, 2019, 01:00:19 pm »
Lyon might be in trouble with UEFA after fans showed no support for the team and owner recently, they could be hit with a game behind closed doors as they have been fined in the past and they still kick-off !

any sanctions could affect an AWAY game if we get them in the Champions League.

worth keeping an eye on their situation if anyone plans traval to Lyon if needed.

YNWA
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: December 13, 2019, 02:11:29 pm »
Lyon might be in trouble with UEFA after fans showed no support for the team and owner recently, they could be hit with a game behind closed doors as they have been fined in the past and they still kick-off !

any sanctions could affect an AWAY game if we get them in the Champions League.

worth keeping an eye on their situation if anyone plans traval to Lyon if needed.

YNWA

Intresting just read this and they had a gamebehind closed suspended allready

August 2018 - Lyon handed two-game stadium ban
Lyon charged with number of offences, including racist behaviour, following Europa League round of 16 match with PFC CSKA Moskva in March.

Other acts include setting off fireworks, crowd disturbances and blocked stairways, with club ordered to pay £85,500 total fines and play next two Uefa home matches behind closed doors, second of which is suspended for two years.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: December 13, 2019, 03:22:21 pm »
Think lyon I'd just get the train down anyway, so will hold off booking anything until that's sorted

Ridiculous away fans get punished for actions of home fans
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #272 on: December 13, 2019, 08:18:00 pm »

Ridiculous away fans get punished for actions of home fans
This. Why should our team be penalised by having no support

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2019, 10:05:07 am »
Draw on Monday - we expecting date/time confirmation by Monday evening?
In Qatar from Tuesday so could do with sorting Monday night.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2019, 10:24:21 am »
Draw on Monday - we expecting date/time confirmation by Monday evening?
In Qatar from Tuesday so could do with sorting Monday night.

Yeah usually takes a few hours but the dates has been announced on the same day as the draw previous seasons.

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #275 on: December 15, 2019, 08:17:49 pm »
Are we guaranteed second leg at home for topping group?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: December 15, 2019, 08:18:16 pm »
Are we guaranteed second leg at home for topping group?

Yes

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: December 16, 2019, 08:51:56 am »
Might just book a Tuesday -> Thursday trip if it’s not somewhere I’ve been before.

High odds of it being Madrid, like.
YNWA.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: December 16, 2019, 10:12:39 am »
Might just book a Tuesday -> Thursday trip if it’s not somewhere I’ve been before.

High odds of it being Madrid, like.

you will not know which week it is until dates are released.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: December 16, 2019, 10:23:31 am »
Lyon looks like a bit of a ball ache to get to? On the cheap anyway

Hardly any direct flights