Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4152629 times)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #63680 on: August 18, 2020, 11:39:41 pm »
I don't want to see Brook anywhere near Crawford. Brook is delusional and he's convinced that in a rematch he'll beat Errol Spence Jr, but he doesn't take into account that GGG took his soul and then Spence just added a hell of a lot of salt to the wound.

He's done, he talks a good game but he's 34 and been inactive and just isn't relevant any more IMO.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63681 on: August 18, 2020, 11:49:06 pm »
I don't want to see Brook anywhere near Crawford. Brook is delusional and he's convinced that in a rematch he'll beat Errol Spence Jr, but he doesn't take into account that GGG took his soul and then Spence just added a hell of a lot of salt to the wound.

He's done, he talks a good game but he's 34 and been inactive and just isn't relevant any more IMO.

Poor Kell!!

If only Khan had some balls..

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63682 on: August 19, 2020, 11:23:28 am »
Billy Joe calling out Canelo for fighting bums.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63683 on: August 19, 2020, 11:57:04 am »
Billy Joe calling out Canelo for fighting bums.  ;D

Haha.  He'll be on about his drugs issues next ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #63684 on: August 21, 2020, 12:33:45 am »
Oscar De La Hoya joining the comeback kids at the age of 47!

Can’t be for the money surely
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #63685 on: August 21, 2020, 06:51:39 am »

I'd give Khan half a chance

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63686 on: August 21, 2020, 01:21:17 pm »
 :butt :butt

Just don't give any of these fuckers licenses for fucks sake.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63687 on: August 21, 2020, 01:23:14 pm »
:butt :butt

Just don't give any of these fuckers licenses for fucks sake.
Is the sensible answer, however with boxing money comes above all else

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63688 on: August 21, 2020, 01:59:49 pm »

He has his demons... hopefully it's something he wants to do and not something he needs to do.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63689 on: August 21, 2020, 02:27:48 pm »
The man co runs and is the fonder of Goldenboy Promotions mate. He's got enough money as it is. And if he needs money commentating/pundit gig would be more than enough.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #63690 on: August 21, 2020, 02:43:52 pm »
The man co runs and is the fonder of Goldenboy Promotions mate. He's got enough money as it is. And if he needs money commentating/pundit gig would be more than enough.

It is the buzz of competing though. If you are a footballer you get to play in testimonials, golfers and the like have seniors tour. When you have dedicated so much of your life to competing it must be incredibly difficult to give it up.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63691 on: August 21, 2020, 02:53:17 pm »
I understand any sports person who's a legend of their sport it's hard but this is a combat sport. A 47 year old who's reflexes aren't the same when he was at 27 can find himself seriously injured if not worse. This ain't curling mate.  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #63692 on: August 21, 2020, 02:56:10 pm »
Amir Khan calling him out already. Gives him a other excuse to keep ducking the ferocious monster that is Kell Brook....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #63693 on: August 21, 2020, 03:14:14 pm »
I understand any sports person who's a legend of their sport it's hard but this is a combat sport. A 47 year old who's reflexes aren't the same when he was at 27 can find himself seriously injured if not worse. This ain't curling mate.  ;D

Look at the sad middle-aged football hooligans trying to relive their youth though. Once it is in your blood it is hard to turn it off. As for curling if you have ever seen me trying to ice skate you would realize I would be much safer back inside the boxing ring.;D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63694 on: August 22, 2020, 02:09:48 am »
Thought Dillian Whyte looked as trim as I’d ever seen him at the weigh in. How does everyone think he’ll get on? I think he’ll win by mid to late KO.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 02:12:04 am by duvva »

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #63695 on: August 22, 2020, 10:18:12 am »
Looking forward to the Katie Taylor fight before whyte comes on

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63696 on: August 22, 2020, 10:27:27 am »
Samie you making your way down to Matchroom HQ with a Kebab to get us all a stream to watch the fights tonight?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63697 on: August 22, 2020, 01:14:34 pm »
Well I ain't getting food from Eddie's missus.  ;D

Good to have a decent boxing card back lads, it's a been a looooong time.  :wave

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63698 on: August 22, 2020, 01:29:13 pm »
Looking forward to the Katie Taylor fight before whyte comes on

Yep.  This is the big fight of the night for me.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #63699 on: August 22, 2020, 01:40:29 pm »
Thought Dillian Whyte looked as trim as I’d ever seen him at the weigh in. How does everyone think he’ll get on? I think he’ll win by mid to late KO.

Povetkin will be very dangerous early. He wobbled and hurt AJ early until AJ started to figure him out. Even though Povetkin is now 40, he's only ever lost to Wlad and AJ and he's a much better boxer than Whyte.

Povetkin has 6 rounds to get Whyte out of there, or as you say I think Whyte gets him late.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #63700 on: August 22, 2020, 01:47:17 pm »
Povetkin will be very dangerous early. He wobbled and hurt AJ early until AJ started to figure him out. Even though Povetkin is now 40, he's only ever lost to Wlad and AJ and he's a much better boxer than Whyte.

Povetkin has 6 rounds to get Whyte out of there, or as you say I think Whyte gets him late.
Pretty much how I see it. If he were five years younger, Povetkin would be favourite for me. However, we saw him get hurt by Price and KO'd by Joshua. Even Michael Hunter, a relatively small HW, had him buzzed in the last fight from what I recall. I think Povetkin knows he is unlikely to go the full 12 and will probably try to make things hot for Whyte early. Whyte also looks in good nick and is tough enough to survive the early onslaught. Hopefully, it will be a good a fight as I think it could be.

As for Taylor, I expect her to adopt different tactics and use her boxing skills. If she elects to go in and out quickly and use her footwork, I think she could make it a comfortable night and win a UD with no dispute.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63701 on: August 22, 2020, 01:48:13 pm »
Povetkin been on the Russian sauce though. So he might look good for this.  ;D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #63702 on: August 22, 2020, 01:49:07 pm »
Price would have finished him off as well if it wasn't for the bell but then we would have missed one of the most brutal ko's I've ever seen

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63703 on: August 22, 2020, 01:52:02 pm »
Btw, did anyone else know Sergio Martinez fought last night? It was on the Ring Magazine  :butt :butt :butt WTF is he doing coming back at his age FFS! He TKO'd some Latvian in seven rounds. He better be careful or he will have Amir Khan calling him out.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63704 on: August 22, 2020, 02:00:46 pm »
Fuckin' hell another one?  These oldies!  :butt

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63705 on: August 22, 2020, 02:22:59 pm »
Do they not remember the reason they retired in the first place?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63706 on: August 22, 2020, 02:40:21 pm »
As Al said in the previous page when boxers and elite boxers at that retire they have an itch to get back into the ring. Now usually it's boxers who need the money but the likes of Sergio Martinez and Oscar de la Hoya really don't.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63707 on: August 22, 2020, 02:46:27 pm »
As Al said in the previous page when boxers and elite boxers at that retire they have an itch to get back into the ring. Now usually it's boxers who need the money but the likes of Sergio Martinez and Oscar de la Hoya really don't.
I do get that, just such a tough unforgiving sport

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63708 on: August 22, 2020, 04:05:20 pm »
I do get that, just such a tough unforgiving sport
Indeed. If you try a comeback in tennis, football, snooker etc. the worst that will happen is that you get embarrassed. In combat sports, the stakes are so much higher. I've always wondered how these guys can even get in the ring when out of shape etc. There is surely a voice in the back of the head that says: "You'll pay for being unprepared jackass." Unless of course you're James Toney in which case you boss it anyway  ;D

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63709 on: August 22, 2020, 06:03:08 pm »
Samie lad what time is the Whyte fight on tonight?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63710 on: August 22, 2020, 06:08:10 pm »
After 10pm mate.  :wave

This is the tv card

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63711 on: August 22, 2020, 06:09:08 pm »
Thanks mate.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63712 on: August 22, 2020, 07:15:57 pm »
Think Whyte v Povetkin could be ugly as sin. Headbutts, low blows, elbows, all sorts of shenanigans. Looking forward to it ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63713 on: August 22, 2020, 07:23:49 pm »
I think Whyte v Potvekin will not be at all competition. As one sided as Fury v Wilder for me but Whyte winning early

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #63714 on: August 22, 2020, 07:30:18 pm »
Eddie has got a nice pad I have to say. Gets to put a boxing ring in the back yard fancy. First time e I am seeing this fight camp lark

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #63715 on: August 22, 2020, 07:39:29 pm »
I think Whyte v Potvekin will not be at all competition. As one sided as Fury v Wilder for me but Whyte winning early

Love the confidence. Povetkin does still have that detonator so has to be watched the whole fight but Whyte for me yeah

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #63716 on: August 22, 2020, 07:43:48 pm »
Any one got any streams they could share please?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63717 on: August 22, 2020, 07:47:15 pm »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63718 on: August 22, 2020, 08:02:22 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63719 on: August 22, 2020, 08:08:33 pm »
It's safe, I checked it myself mate. Just have some kind of Adblock installed.  ;D