Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1922992 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Injury news only thread. *
« Reply #14080 on: October 28, 2021, 04:51:36 pm »
Will be too soon for Thiago but that should mean Keita on the bench at least.  Is Fabinho back?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #14081 on: October 28, 2021, 04:53:43 pm »
Will be too soon for Thiago but that should mean Keita on the bench at least.  Is Fabinho back?

Thiago will have two sessions so may be ok
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14082 on: October 28, 2021, 04:54:06 pm »
Awesome news, was certain Naby was done for months when that happened.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #14083 on: October 28, 2021, 05:13:29 pm »
Good to see Keita and Thiago back and hopefully available for Saturday. Hoping Fabinho shows up tomorrow too.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14084 on: October 28, 2021, 05:20:49 pm »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14085 on: October 28, 2021, 05:24:38 pm »
Even his hair has recovered.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #14086 on: October 28, 2021, 05:30:28 pm »
Awesome news, was certain Naby was done for months when that happened.

Kicking the grass and walking off = injured for 3 weeks

Vicious 2 footed assault and being stretchered off = injured for 3 days

He's certainly an enigma!   :D

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #14087 on: October 28, 2021, 05:31:45 pm »
Fab in training ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14088 on: October 28, 2021, 05:32:52 pm »

An enigma wrapped in an injury...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14089 on: October 28, 2021, 06:51:31 pm »
Fab in training ?
Not in the photos or video.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14090 on: October 28, 2021, 07:12:21 pm »
I think Naby will probably feature on Saturday if he is already back in full training. Thiago will probably make the bench.

No Fab and obviously no Milly in training photos.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #14091 on: October 28, 2021, 07:58:06 pm »
Not in the photos or video.

Bobby and Jota also aren’t there.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #14092 on: October 28, 2021, 08:31:48 pm »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14093 on: October 28, 2021, 09:02:18 pm »
Henderson, Keita, Jones will be the midfield. Thiago on the bench. Great news.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14094 on: October 28, 2021, 09:10:09 pm »

That might be because they were in the squad yesterday? No one who was involved yesterday (except Konate) seems to be involved in today's training session unless I'm wrong.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14095 on: October 28, 2021, 10:23:41 pm »

FFS we just got Naby and Thiago back and now we have two of the front four out till Christmas.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14096 on: October 28, 2021, 11:43:04 pm »
Bobby and Jota were in the squad yesterday so wouldn’t be training with those players.

W

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #14097 on: October 28, 2021, 11:47:18 pm »
Even his hair has recovered.

Not been injured, he went the same Greek hair implant place that Shaqiri visited.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14098 on: October 28, 2021, 11:54:10 pm »

Ha. Fuck off Pogba. Enjoy your holiday! :wave
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #14099 on: October 29, 2021, 06:45:59 am »
Ha. Fuck off Pogba. Enjoy your holiday! :wave
He probably is, he's got that 350k a week to keep himself warm and with unlimited shitty haircuts to entertain himself.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #14100 on: October 29, 2021, 12:16:16 pm »
From Klopp's presser today.

On current injury concerns: “Naby Keita looks good, he was obviously lucky, so I think he will be ready. Fabinho doesn’t look that good, it’s a bit more complicated ... he wasn’t in team training yet, so that’s never a good sign. Thiago [Alcântara] did team training for the first time yesterday, he did most of the session, but that doesn’t mean he’s ready to play.”

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14101 on: October 29, 2021, 12:19:42 pm »
Sounds like only Naby involved tomorrow then and hopefully Thiago back for Atletico.

Slightly concerned about how long Fabinho might be out for based on Klopp's comments and the fact it's a knee issue.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #14102 on: October 29, 2021, 12:24:06 pm »
Do we know what happened to Fab?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14103 on: October 29, 2021, 12:33:09 pm »
He got a knock during the Atletico game. Ran it off during the match but in hindsight probably not the best idea.

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #14104 on: October 29, 2021, 12:34:43 pm »
"Fabinho doesn’t look that good, it’s a bit more complicated"
AHHH FFS...how complicated...?
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #14105 on: October 29, 2021, 12:48:38 pm »
Sounds like only Naby involved tomorrow then and hopefully Thiago back for Atletico.

Slightly concerned about how long Fabinho might be out for based on Klopp's comments and the fact it's a knee issue.

Think probably after the international break by the look of it for Fab.

And I'd be surprised in some ways if we rush Thiago back for Atletico when we're in such a strong position in the group. A home win against Porto and we're comfortably through regardless of what happens next week.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #14106 on: October 29, 2021, 01:01:39 pm »
strongest possible for PL games but agree no point rushing anyone for Atletico game, only play if minutes in legs required

Hope Fab injury isn't too bad
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14107 on: October 29, 2021, 01:05:02 pm »
Think probably after the international break by the look of it for Fab.

And I'd be surprised in some ways if we rush Thiago back for Atletico when we're in such a strong position in the group. A home win against Porto and we're comfortably through regardless of what happens next week.

Was thinking more him being on the bench and potentially getting 20 minutes or so in depending on how the match is going.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #14108 on: October 29, 2021, 01:07:54 pm »
Was thinking more him being on the bench and potentially getting 20 minutes or so in depending on how the match is going.

Yeah that's quite possibly.

I still harbour hopes he'll make the bench tomorrow ;D

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #14109 on: October 29, 2021, 02:28:55 pm »
"Fabinho doesn’t look that good, it’s a bit more complicated"
AHHH FFS...how complicated...?

What he actually said in the presser doesn't sound overly concerning to me:

"With Fabinho it doesn't look that good. It's a bit more complicated. Not too complicated, but complicated enough to keep him out now again, probably, I still wait for last news but he was not in team training yet, and that means, it's never a good sign"

He'll obviously miss this match but I think he'll be back in contention soon by the sounds of it.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14110 on: October 29, 2021, 03:05:06 pm »
If Fabinho is back for WH away on Sunday week I'll call that a win. We should have enough for Brighton at home tomorrow, and Madrid on Wed is nearly a free hit.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #14111 on: October 29, 2021, 04:01:06 pm »
Do Brazil have another 10 games squuezed into the next international break? Possibly might keep Fab back to avoid him going there maybe if it's touch and go?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #14112 on: October 29, 2021, 11:57:52 pm »
Do Brazil have another 10 games squuezed into the next international break? Possibly might keep Fab back to avoid him going there maybe if it's touch and go?

You may be reading Jurgen's mind, lose Fab for a game or two, one that does not matter too much.

As a result avoid him travelling half way round the world for little reason and put himself at risk. Let Fred do the job.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14113 on: October 30, 2021, 03:56:28 am »
Fortunately not, think that’s stopped now. They play on the Thursday and Tuesday evening, so finish early hours Wednesday morning UK time so presumably back that night

Online Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #14114 on: October 30, 2021, 06:05:21 am »
You may be reading Jurgen's mind, lose Fab for a game or two, one that does not matter too much.

As a result avoid him travelling half way round the world for little reason and put himself at risk. Let Fred do the job.
Don't we play West ham before the break though? I'd prefer Fabinho to be back for that. But these stupid internationals can fuck off.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #14115 on: October 31, 2021, 03:03:32 pm »
Naby Keita is likely to be sidelined for Wednesday's Champions League clash with Atletico Madrid, confirmed Jürgen Klopp.

The Liverpool No.8 had to be withdrawn during the first half of Saturday’s 2-2 draw against Brighton & Hove Albion due to a hamstring injury.

Keita will undergo a scan on the issue to determine its severity, but Klopp does not anticipate the midfielder can be involved versus Atletico.

“He told me, he showed me [the] hamstring. So, I don’t know, we will see; obviously tomorrow [or] the day after tomorrow he will have a scan and then we will know,” the manager told Liverpoolfc.com post-match.

“But if somebody feels the hamstring, it would be the first time that he is ready for the next game. So, I can’t see that.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/447916-naby-keita-injury-update

Maybe I'm just an optimist but it doesn't sound like it's a bad one to me. We'll wait an see I guess. Fingers crossed.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #14116 on: October 31, 2021, 04:16:01 pm »
Haven't seen Welsred here for a while, but I have a question for those with medical knowledge.

Pogba's tackle on Keita left him with a very painful leg (maybe bruised bone?). Could this hamstring injury be somewhat precipitated from putting more load on the other leg when he was trying to get back in shape?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14117 on: November 1, 2021, 10:46:42 pm »
W

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #14118 on: November 1, 2021, 11:04:01 pm »
Good Luck. We’re all counting on you.
Cheers. Video of some light training with my training partner, Dai.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnBppccI0o

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14119 on: November 2, 2021, 09:07:10 am »
Okie doke all - the asterisk indicates 'heavily moderated', so apologies for removing your pure solid gold, but I've kept the injury updates only. Relieved at the news on Chopper, I have to say. :)

News only for the most part from here eh? Just so people can come in and get the news nice and quickly.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422