Author Topic: Daniel Sturridge  (Read 387975 times)

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
Re: Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #3240 on: September 17, 2017, 02:38:30 pm »
The closer to the half way line Sturridge gets, the more ineffective he is. He's a shadow of what he was, and trading off a supreme reputation is great in nostalgic discussions over a pint, but in the here and now, dropping deep and hoping to shift in on to your left peg for a shot isn't enough when we're up against it.

If he's not getting on the end of superb balls into the box, then he's past it and needs to be benched for others to get a chance. Not into "twilights", not into him changing his game: once the goals dry up he needs to be shifted on in bleak, pragmatic fashion to the glue factory.

He has been benched for most of the time he's been fit again in fairness.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3241 on: September 17, 2017, 02:50:10 pm »
He was excellent in the build up, but his shooting and reaction to balls into the box was very poor. There were at least 2 balls in the first half which went right across an open goal with Sturridge there and he just didn't react.

He was good, but poor at the role he was meant to do, if that makes sense. Question is, is he a player we should adapt to a different game with someone else doing the main striker role, or is the team just better fit without him starting?

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3242 on: September 17, 2017, 06:00:46 pm »
He was excellent in the build up, but his shooting and reaction to balls into the box was very poor. There were at least 2 balls in the first half which went right across an open goal with Sturridge there and he just didn't react.

He was good, but poor at the role he was meant to do, if that makes sense. Question is, is he a player we should adapt to a different game with someone else doing the main striker role, or is the team just better fit without him starting?

Yeah I noticed one (can't remember the other) where the ball was flashed across by one of the full backs, fantastic ball in, and he was just on his heels and didn't react at all. Not really what you want from your "clinical" striker. He linked the play to good effect at times yesterday, there was that one time he nearly got away in the box with some neat footwork and a rare turn of pace, but overall he looked at odds with the rest of our players. Though to be fair, it was far from a vintage team performance.

I just can't help but feel it's too easy to defend Sturridge these days. He's predictable, and he used to have the quality/physicality to pull it off anyway, but now it feels like defenders handle him with relative ease. Do players come away from the match knowing they've been in a game? I'm not sure they do. Maybe he needs games to find a rhythm but he's never going to get that here, so what does that leave us with?

I actually though Solanke looked really promising in his brief cameo yesterday - pace, power, held the ball well and nearly scored out of nothing. Hopefully he'll get a start midweek and we can see what he does. Leaving quality and pedigree out of the conversation (historic or current) and you have to say he looks a lot more suited to the way we play...

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3243 on: September 17, 2017, 08:02:18 pm »
He actually done well individually but collectively the balance doesnt look right when he plays down the middle in our system. His lack of intensity when we dont have the ball  is so noticeable to when Bobby plays through the middle. I thought Solanke should have been given is first start yesterday.

I think Sturridge needs to play with a partner up top in a diamond or a 3-5-2 to get the best out of him and also it allows him to share the workload. The problem is Klopp is not going to sacrifice the pace and goalscoring ability of Salah and Mane and change our formation just to get the best out of Daniel. In our best team if Bobby is out i would rather have Solanke through the middle.

I would like to see Sturridge and Solanke as a front two against Leicester in the cup though, rest Bobby and Salah. play a diamond behind them and who knows it could be another Southampton 6-1 job in the cup like a few years ago when Origi and Daniel tore them to bits.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3244 on: September 17, 2017, 09:22:36 pm »
He's one of the few players who can actually open up a defence like that, too many blunt instruments elsewhere
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3245 on: September 18, 2017, 03:47:03 am »
His shooting technique looks a little off this season. There is no real conviction in his finishing, he scuffs shots and when he does catch them clean he seems more concerned with hitting the ball hard and clean and on target rather than trying to get it in the corners.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #3246 on: September 18, 2017, 04:17:13 am »
Don't quite understand his role for the team now. Been numerous examples to indicate that Sturridge and Firmino just doesn't click. Not sure why Firmino is being shunned on the left to accommodate Sturridge really.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #3247 on: September 18, 2017, 06:24:58 am »
Don't quite understand his role for the team now. Been numerous examples to indicate that Sturridge and Firmino just doesn't click. Not sure why Firmino is being shunned on the left to accommodate Sturridge really.

Firmino on the left was because Mane was suspended and Klopp wants AOC to get more training before he throws him into our pressing set-up I believe.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #3248 on: September 18, 2017, 07:26:21 am »
Did well first half but faded in the second. He is one I would play for sure against these low block teams as he can unlock them or get a shot on in tight spaces that results in a goal.

Lost pace, but his first touch is sublime. Also sees solutions that not many others do, like the ball over the top to Milner in the second half.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3249 on: September 18, 2017, 08:05:39 am »
I only see Sturridge as a sub nowadays.

The way we attack is team ethic but all I see in Sturridge is one who's trying to do things on his own although Coutinho was just as guilty on Saturday. If Sturridge plays you can't play Firmino on the left - he's wasted there and simply offers more in the central role. Would prefer to see Solanke there if needs to rotate Firmino and put Ox on the left.

Offline Koplad83

• Main Stander
« Reply #3250 on: September 18, 2017, 11:54:03 am »
He never looked like scoring on Saturday at all. He played ok but you need more from your cf

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3251 on: September 18, 2017, 07:21:37 pm »
Like Sturridge but feel like we are better without him on the pitch. Bobby just isn't as effective from the left and he shouldn't be shunted out to accommodate for Sturridge.

Offline YoungKopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3252 on: September 19, 2017, 06:47:30 pm »
I love this.

Offline Red_Hell

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3253 on: September 19, 2017, 06:58:53 pm »
That's just a great gesture from sturridge simple but will last a lifetime with that kid.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #3254 on: September 19, 2017, 07:01:19 pm »
When is on form there is no better finisher in the league, I think he needs more game time to get that sharpness. But not sure that will happen with Klopps first choice front three, he is likely to be more a sub.

Hope he finds a role, we will need him during this season.

Seems a really nice bloke too.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3255 on: September 20, 2017, 10:41:37 am »
there are times with him he frustrates the bloody life out of me whether its a poor game or another injury

then sometimes he just pulls something out of the bag and you are like WOW
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3256 on: September 20, 2017, 12:45:04 pm »
I love this.

Loving the contribution from _monica_roberts_ there  :lmao
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3257 on: September 20, 2017, 12:49:47 pm »
Loving the contribution from _monica_roberts_ there  :lmao

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3258 on: September 23, 2017, 07:29:55 pm »
Brilliant cameo today

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3259 on: September 23, 2017, 07:30:45 pm »
Humongous D needs a goal but another good cameo.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3260 on: September 23, 2017, 07:31:48 pm »
Completely different player when he's not on the pitch at the same time as Firmino. Very promising appearance today compared to last week's performance.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #3261 on: September 23, 2017, 07:32:06 pm »
His passing is fantastic, showing his intelligence.
:D

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3262 on: September 23, 2017, 07:33:45 pm »
Such a classy player, the type that England rarely produces.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3263 on: September 23, 2017, 07:34:06 pm »
so calm, played well
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3264 on: September 23, 2017, 07:34:24 pm »
Looked better today. Was more confident on the ball and I hope he can continue like that.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3265 on: September 23, 2017, 07:36:02 pm »
Great option from the bench. Wonderfully composed still. Think the lads have learned not to bother hitting ball into space for him to run. He's adapting his game these days it seems.

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3266 on: September 23, 2017, 07:37:29 pm »
He's a really good sub.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3267 on: September 23, 2017, 07:45:53 pm »
Played really flawlessly today,that pass to Hendo was perfectly timed.

Hope to see more of Daniel very soon!

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3268 on: September 23, 2017, 07:49:39 pm »
Great cameo, should always be him or Firmino emergency permitting.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #3269 on: September 23, 2017, 07:50:28 pm »
The moodier he looks the better he plays.

Long live the scowl.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3270 on: September 23, 2017, 07:59:24 pm »
He did well when he came on, better than Bob today. Is he not 100% fit because he looked shattered at the end. Id start him on Tuesday, deserves it based on todays impact.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline dangerpuss

• A bit like bagpuss. But more.....um.....dangerous.....um.....
  • Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
« Reply #3271 on: September 23, 2017, 08:13:17 pm »
He has the technique and intelligence to adapt to his reduction of pace. It will take a little time and he is low in confidence right now. If he gets a goal, I can see him hitting double figures from the bench.

Chin up, Danny boy, we love you!

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3272 on: September 23, 2017, 08:20:51 pm »
He did well when he came on, better than Bob today. Is he not 100% fit because he looked shattered at the end. Id start him on Tuesday, deserves it based on todays impact.

He is a far better sub than he is a starter

Offline Fido

• Main Stander
  • The league title is what really counts.
« Reply #3273 on: September 23, 2017, 08:27:51 pm »

To say that Daniel Sturridge played well today would be an exaggeration and an overstatement of his general contribution to the team.

He did look shattered because he is made of crisps/quavers and if he moves faster than a constipated snail he is then injured and without the speed, that he once had, he is a busted flush.

Daniel Sturridge is supposed to be our main striker but he does not score goals because his game was mainly about his speed and the speed has almost completely gone.

His pass to Jordon Henderson was good: well done for that pass but a great game overall? No

We do need a prolific striker as another option and Daniel Sturridge needs to move elsewhere if another club is willing to buy him.
First is First and Second is Nowhere !

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3274 on: September 23, 2017, 08:28:39 pm »
21 people flapping about like headless bellends ....... enter Daniel

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3275 on: September 23, 2017, 08:29:05 pm »

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3276 on: September 23, 2017, 08:33:42 pm »
Nope
x2..

That post after a win and a game where Sturridge has a positive impact  :lmao
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3277 on: September 23, 2017, 08:34:38 pm »
To say that Daniel Sturridge played well today would be an exaggeration and an overstatement of his general contribution to the team.

He did look shattered because he is made of crisps/quavers and if he moves faster than a constipated snail he is then injured and without the speed, that he once had, he is a busted flush.

Daniel Sturridge is supposed to be our main striker but he does not score goals because his game was mainly about his speed and the speed has almost completely gone.

His pass to Jordon Henderson was good: well done for that pass but a great game overall? No

We do need a prolific striker as another option and Daniel Sturridge needs to move elsewhere if another club is willing to buy him.

Oh give the misery and negativity a rest. We won for fuck sake.

Sturridge made an excellent impact when he came on and assisted for the winner. FFS why am I even debating with you.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #3278 on: September 23, 2017, 09:12:15 pm »
I'd start him in Russia, give Salah or Firmino a rest.

Mane and Phil feeding him chances, I can see him score a brace out there.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3279 on: September 23, 2017, 09:37:00 pm »
Looked fucking boss today!
Just shows how top class a player he is! Even without one of this main assets (pace) he still knows how to change his game to get into the right positions and score goals!