Author Topic: Ever the Optimist.  (Read 57653 times)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Re: Ever the Optimist.
« Reply #280 on: August 27, 2017, 07:20:52 pm »
We have the best front 4 in the league, with a little bit of luck with impact injuries we'll have them all available to dominate this league this season.

Our depth isn't great but if we focus on two major competitions we'll have more than enough freshness to compete till the end. Exciting times ahead, we are on a cusp of greatness there's no doubt about that.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #281 on: August 27, 2017, 07:28:05 pm »
We're quite good at football.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #282 on: August 29, 2017, 03:19:11 pm »
The Klopp era seems to be kicking in bigtime.

Champions League. Being able to say No to Real Madrid and Barca, luring players we want, spending what we want, but bringing youth through while other managers toss around monopoly money.

Klopp makes my old man nostalgic for the Shankly days of "run through a brick wall for the team". I see it. He is a spiritual manager, a motivator, a legend in the making,

A cult of personality.

Teamwork is defined by adding up to more than the sum of its parts. To me, Klopp excels at drawing strengths out of players and seeing where new recruitment is needed.

Buying isn't what he does, he recruits for a project. He steers the ship, and he isn't after mercenaries.

Red is becoming his colour. When you see our trophy cabinet at Anfield, you just feel it - destiny. The method begets the results.

Football as a sport may be a quick, lazy cash grab business, but when it comes to boots on grass, I'm excited. It's a buzz feeling jigsaw pieces falling into place. It's a lovely satisfying feeling understanding club decisions and the delight of seeing them pay off.

It is especially pleasurable seeing a commitment to ideals which are a sanctuary from the easy and quick shortcuts of much of modern culture.

I believe we have found The Way.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: August 29, 2017, 03:30:51 pm »
The Klopp era seems to be kicking in bigtime.

Champions League. Being able to say No to Real Madrid and Barca, luring players we want, spending what we want, but bringing youth through while other managers toss around monopoly money.

Klopp makes my old man nostalgic for the Shankly days of "run through a brick wall for the team". I see it. He is a spiritual manager, a motivator, a legend in the making,

A cult of personality.

Teamwork is defined by adding up to more than the sum of its parts. To me, Klopp excels at drawing strengths out of players and seeing where new recruitment is needed.

Buying isn't what he does, he recruits for a project. He steers the ship, and he isn't after mercenaries.

Red is becoming his colour. When you see our trophy cabinet at Anfield, you just feel it - destiny. The method begets the results.

Football as a sport may be a quick, lazy cash grab business, but when it comes to boots on grass, I'm excited. It's a buzz feeling jigsaw pieces falling into place. It's a lovely satisfying feeling understanding club decisions and the delight of seeing them pay off.

It is especially pleasurable seeing a commitment to ideals which are a sanctuary from the easy and quick shortcuts of much of modern culture.

I believe we have found The Way.

Agree with all of this. I don't know how you can be anything but positive looking forwards from here. Don't care if we sign anyone else to be honest I'm happy to go in to the season with what we have. Yes one or two more would be great but we've got the most important part of the solution. His name is Jurgen Norbert Klopp.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #284 on: August 29, 2017, 03:53:00 pm »
Don't care if we sign anyone else to be honest I'm happy to go in to the season with what we have. Yes one or two more would be great but we've got the most important part of the solution. His name is Jurgen Norbert Klopp.

Yup. I'm still going to get giddily excited at all the links, but ultimately we've got the makings of a fantastic team and squad right here and our manager's an awesome, awesome bloke.

There's a good chance I'm going to get to go to Anfield for the first time in 8 years and I know that if I make it, I'll be watching some of the most exhilarating football that has ever existed on God's earth.* How can you not love that?

*I'm choosing to ignore the fact that the game I get to will probably be one of those frustrating 0-0 draws that still occasionally happen.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #285 on: September 2, 2017, 11:32:44 pm »
Seriously what a time to support this football club.

I've been a fan for over 20 years I don't remember the last time we were in this good of a shape in so many different aspects.

We've got the world class manager, our first XI is good as anything in the league while playing some spectacular attacking football, in Phil and Mane we have two of the finest players around, young superstars in the making like Solanke, Trent and a certain welsh wonderkid who looks as talented as anything we've produced last two decades.

We are able to keep our best player if we're not willing to sell; next year one of the finest young midfield talents in the world will join us ready to give us his peak years, players are now routinely choosing us over Chelsea and City which is something fans on here laughed at even this summer and on and on and on.

Usually when you have this many good things happening at the same time it's difficult to imagine that the glory days are that far off.

Onwards and upwards.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #286 on: September 2, 2017, 11:47:08 pm »
Seriously what a time to support this football club.

I've been a fan for over 20 years I don't remember the last time we were in this good of a shape in so many different aspects.

We've got the world class manager, our first XI is good as anything in the league while playing some spectacular attacking football, in Phil and Mane we have two of the finest players around, young superstars in the making like Solanke, Trent and a certain welsh wonderkid who looks as talented as anything we've produced last two decades.

We are able to keep our best player if we're not willing to sell; next year one of the finest young midfield talents in the world will join us ready to give us his peak years, players are now routinely choosing us over Chelsea and City which is something fans on here laughed at even this summer and on and on and on.

Usually when you have this many good things happening at the same time it's difficult to imagine that the glory days are that far off.

Onwards and upwards.

Hear, Hear!

All sources indicate Lemar is holding out for a move to Liverpool too. Even Wenger hinted at this with his own comments. I said before but we do look like the best project to jump on in europe right now for a young player. It will be very interesting to see what happens in the coming windows. Also they don't get much credit but our scouting/analysis people are so fucking on point it's ridiculous. The one I took issue with was Klavan as he looked crap last year. I went back and watched some of his time at Augsberg and saw pretty much exactly what I hoped we would scout for. He just didn't ajust well to the league here. Hope he has got his Otamendi first year out of his system. ;)
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: September 9, 2017, 04:45:42 pm »
Bump. Because why the fuck not, eh? Maybe it's a bit early to be diving straight back into this thread, but for me it's a thousand times more preferable than the post-match ragefest, cathartic though some might find it.

Call me delusional, but I'm pretty sure today's result was a one off. No one had a good game, our best player got sent off (perhaps debatably) when we were already one down, we were playing a team with the best attacking options in the league, the ref didn't seem to fancy us much and it's bloody hard to turn a game around when you're a man down, and that man just happens to be your best forward. It was the perfect storm of shiteness.

Yeah this one hurts, physically almost. 5-0 is a real shitter of a scoreline to lose by. Mind you, up until the sending off we were holding our own, against the favourites for the league. That's probably the only positive I can draw from the match really, but I genuinely thought we'd get back into it up until Mane went all acrobatic.

On to Sevilla. The substitutions already suggested Klopp was thinking that way and hey, Mane's going to be super-fresh for that game, so hopefully he'll bag a couple as he tries to make amends (if amends are even needed. If we lose that one 5-0 too then I promise to never, ever bump this thread again. But we won't, so it's all good. Sort of.

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: September 9, 2017, 04:58:07 pm »
Get a win against Sevilla, and put Burnley, Leicester, and Newcastle to the sword, and we're rolling again.

A combination of bad defending and red card made this a brutal day at the office, but the players have to get this out of their heads quickly.  Luckily, wouldn't have anyone other than Klopp leading them in this situation.

Champions League night at Anfield.  One of the toughest teams in the group.  Revenge for the Europa final.  Mane fresh and Coutinho maybe playing a part.  Need a nice rip-roaring start (see Hoffenheim) and get the CL campaign off to the right start.

As for Burnley, maybe Phil replaces Mane or maybe Sturridge is in the lineup?  Put them to the sword.
King Kenny.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #289 on: September 9, 2017, 05:59:10 pm »
My belief in the team hasn't waned one bit after today.

to be honest, our record vs Top 7 up until today was so ridiculous that something had to happen just to even things out, things had to conspire just so we could finally lose, we can now go on another great run against top teams. Heavy defeats happen to almost everyone - Mourinho got thrashed by Chelsea last season, Pep by Everton etc.

Our midfield will very soon get a boost of a world-class player which will give us a lift in a perfect moment when players might potentially started to doubt themselves a little bit. Our front 4 will absolutely light up the league this season.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #290 on: September 9, 2017, 10:54:14 pm »
Conte got a couple of bad results that prompted him to switch to three at the back last season.

Hopefully we have a similar epiphany.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #291 on: September 9, 2017, 10:56:46 pm »
A good win on Wednesday and this will soon be forgotten. Philippe returning to the team hopefully as well, can only be a good thing, and Sadio can make up for his disappointment by bagging a goal or two.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: September 9, 2017, 11:07:29 pm »
So this is where the stoners hang out.  ;)

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: September 10, 2017, 12:03:54 am »
So this is where the stoners hang out.  ;)

;D

Get to fuck  ;)

Though I'd kill for some weed right now, actually. The good ship alcohol is sufficing though, she is a kind mistress though will turn crueler by the morn, I shoudl imagine.

We're an amazing team with the greatest defence there could possibly be.

Also, Ragnar rocks and anyone who says different will get my boot to the face and it'll be a booking, not a red, acording to the rules of the game.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #294 on: September 10, 2017, 04:12:24 am »
Genuinely not bothered by the performance today, just result. Away at Etihad is where most teams drop points. We didn't lose because we were tactically inept, we pretty much matched them, arguably had the better chances with Salah, up until the red card. They were not creating too much of note either until Can went missing in midfield making us uncompact with De Bruyne goalside. Once the red card happens, you can write off everything after that as "shit happens". Our entire system is about compressing spaces which becomes a serious problem against a City side with so many needle players who will take a mile if you give them an inch.

It's a setback, but nothing more.

Positives? We will have fresh legs in midweek for the next three weeks in Mane :D Firmino & Salah both will be well rested for Sevilla. Solanke was good. Moreno continued to look dependable at left back. Salah looked dangerous and got in good positions. Burned past Otamendi and Mendy a few times. Great experience for TAA - they say you learn 10 times as much in defeat as you do in victory about yourself.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #295 on: September 10, 2017, 05:40:53 am »
Genuinely not bothered by the performance today, just result. Away at Etihad is where most teams drop points. We didn't lose because we were tactically inept, we pretty much matched them, arguably had the better chances with Salah, up until the red card. They were not creating too much of note either until Can went missing in midfield making us uncompact with De Bruyne goalside. Once the red card happens, you can write off everything after that as "shit happens". Our entire system is about compressing spaces which becomes a serious problem against a City side with so many needle players who will take a mile if you give them an inch.

It's a setback, but nothing more.

Positives? We will have fresh legs in midweek for the next three weeks in Mane :D Firmino & Salah both will be well rested for Sevilla. Solanke was good. Moreno continued to look dependable at left back. Salah looked dangerous and got in good positions. Burned past Otamendi and Mendy a few times. Great experience for TAA - they say you learn 10 times as much in defeat as you do in victory about yourself.

Someone tell AOC that he should never turn his back to the play.  And if he gives any lip, tell him a player who has lost the last two games 9-0 should do more listening than turning his back :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: September 20, 2017, 09:21:07 pm »
Said I'd call in here again to try and get a bit of a break from the lunatics in the Leicester thread. Saw someone calling for Klopp to be sacked, we've finally jumped the shark as a site. If he gets hounded out of here i'll jib it all in. Last few games haven't been great but it's only 4 games and two of those are draws and one of them was in the league cup. Looking for a big reaction on Saturday, can see us winning, but it might be a tough physical battle.

How good is Mohamed Salah by the way?

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #297 on: September 20, 2017, 09:39:54 pm »
Said I'd call in here again to try and get a bit of a break from the lunatics in the Leicester thread. Saw someone calling for Klopp to be sacked, we've finally jumped the shark as a site. If he gets hounded out of here i'll jib it all in. Last few games haven't been great but it's only 4 games and two of those are draws and one of them was in the league cup. Looking for a big reaction on Saturday, can see us winning, but it might be a tough physical battle.

How good is Mohamed Salah by the way?
All sides have peaks and troughs during the season. The lows are good for rooting out the spineless c*nts who just tag along waiting for glory to appear again. Fair weather fans. Entitled. Shit themselves when we lose. Care more about winning the banter on twitter than supporting the club. Natural born cowards. Will shout for the manager to be sacked just to have change for change sake. Haven't the first idea about tactics, team building and the like. Morons. Basically.

I think Hodgson has created this belief that it is okay to want the manager to be sacked. This somehow vindicated those who wanted Rafa sacked - it's fine, acceptable, look you are asking for Hodgson to be sacked, you are no better. Get off your moral high horse. Then the same thing with Dalglish. Then Rodgers. Now we are at Klopp.

It just shows me that as with Brexit, Trump and all the other instances where the public get given a voice for change - the idiots are winning. Society, by and large, is THAT stupid now. That entitled. Successfully dumbed down to the extent that the media can easily push them in whatever direction they want. Whoever makes the most noise wins. Doesn't matter how obnoxious, racist, homophobic, sexist, stupid or destructive the noises are either - the vacuous, ignorant hordes will lap it up, embrace the stupidity as their own opinion and then spew it anywhere they go.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: September 20, 2017, 09:54:33 pm »
All sides have peaks and troughs during the season. The lows are good for rooting out the spineless c*nts who just tag along waiting for glory to appear again. Fair weather fans. Entitled. Shit themselves when we lose. Care more about winning the banter on twitter than supporting the club. Natural born cowards. Will shout for the manager to be sacked just to have change for change sake. Haven't the first idea about tactics, team building and the like. Morons. Basically.

I think Hodgson has created this belief that it is okay to want the manager to be sacked. This somehow vindicated those who wanted Rafa sacked - it's fine, acceptable, look you are asking for Hodgson to be sacked, you are no better. Get off your moral high horse. Then the same thing with Dalglish. Then Rodgers. Now we are at Klopp.

It just shows me that as with Brexit, Trump and all the other instances where the public get given a voice for change - the idiots are winning. Society, by and large, is THAT stupid now. That entitled. Successfully dumbed down to the extent that the media can easily push them in whatever direction they want. Whoever makes the most noise wins. Doesn't matter how obnoxious, racist, homophobic, sexist, stupid or destructive the noises are either - the vacuous, ignorant hordes will lap it up, embrace the stupidity as their own opinion and then spew it anywhere they go.

Sums up my feelings perfectly. 4 games does not a season make. We win 3 on the bounce and the whole place will be shouting about how good we are, lose one then the weekend after and we'll be the worst side to ever grace Anfield.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: September 20, 2017, 10:06:37 pm »

Interesting angle.. MayI ask you one question; and no problems if you dont want to get personal; how long have you been around ?
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #300 on: September 20, 2017, 10:26:32 pm »
Interesting angle.. MayI ask you one question; and no problems if you dont want to get personal; how long have you been around ?
In Life (mid 30's) or On RAWK? I've been a lurker since pre-Rafa. Then signed up around 2009 I think when I binned off the official forums because they are shite :D

fatherjack, Mutton Geoff, Hal and a few others remembered me from over on there and pmed me when I joined. I actually moved over because I got tired reading great threads like the Level 3 thread and some of the quality posters on here and then skimming through 20 pages of shite for 1 gem on the official forum.

I was a commie on here for a long time too, but had to give that up when streams became more and more a problem. Now I rarely see a game the same day it's played nevermind live. Unless it appears on TV here in Brazil on the channels I get free, which is rarely. Usually only European games or the odd random FA Cup game.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #301 on: September 20, 2017, 10:32:51 pm »
Sums up my feelings perfectly. 4 games does not a season make. We win 3 on the bounce and the whole place will be shouting about how good we are, lose one then the weekend after and we'll be the worst side to ever grace Anfield.
I looked up Klopp's time at Dortmund - his sides were always slow to get going too.

Interestingly, I was looking at Klopp's start to his 3rd season in Dortmund. He took some shit there also. They were 3-2 down to Karpaty in their first Europa League game then scored two goals at 90 minutes+ to win 4-3. Lost their second game home to Sevilla, drew twice against PSG, beat Karpaty and home and drew with Sevilla away getting eliminated.
While this was going on, he put his first team out in the 2nd round of the cup against Offenbach and they went out in penalties. They also drew some games in the league around the same time also. However, they refocused and ended up winning the league.

Did the domestic double the next season (4) beating Bayern 5-2 in the final. (had a run of 2 wins, 2 draws, 4 defeats at this point of the season)

Finished runner up in the league and champions league, both to bayern in season 5 (had a run of 1 win, 2 defeats and 3 draws around this part of the season).

So it seems early each season he has some struggles early on for whatever reason. It makes some sense that his sides might take longer to get tactically sharp given the complexity & precision of what he is trying to do. Our performances in the main are okay - we are just struggling in both boxes. It's a problem he faced before a few times and turned it around. I trust he knows what he is doing. I also trust that pundits don't know what he is doing. Or couldn't do the job themselves if you literally paid them. Because we have done that several times, they invariably failed spectacularly, now they are pundits.

No reason to panic. He's been here before, he knows how to turn it around and get us flying again

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #302 on: September 20, 2017, 10:33:41 pm »
If you aren't going to win the League Cup - going out of it first round is the next best thing so give the side some welcomed midweek breaks and extra training sessions instead of just match prep after match prep.

Offline Wilbury

• Boys Pen
« Reply #303 on: September 20, 2017, 10:38:23 pm »

Society, by and large, is THAT stupid now. That entitled. Successfully dumbed down to the extent that the media can easily push them in whatever direction they want. Whoever makes the most noise wins. Doesn't matter how obnoxious, racist, homophobic, sexist, stupid or destructive the noises are either - the vacuous, ignorant hordes will lap it up

It is the safe game you see and it is not just a new phenomenon, this behaviour has and will always be around. If everybody is telling you something it removes the need for us to think about it ourselves.Social proofing does the work for us so we don't have to make the choice ourselves. So when I hear Moreno is shit everyday, my natural instinct is go along with this opinion. Serves us well in most cases. ;)

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #304 on: September 20, 2017, 10:47:41 pm »
It is the safe game you see and it is not just a new phenomenon, this behaviour has and will always be around. If everybody is telling you something it removes the need for us to think about it ourselves.Social proofing does the work for us so we don't have to make the choice ourselves. So when I hear Moreno is shit everyday, my natural instinct is go along with this opinion. Serves us well in most cases. ;)
:D

It feels worst now though. Maybe I am just watching too much Black Mirror

Offline UNSWEETENED_CHUNKS

• Boys Pen
Ever the Optimist.
« Reply #305 on: September 22, 2017, 12:21:21 pm »

Big season for you no doubt. Cannot finish outside the top 4, anything less & it's a backwards step. Spurs & Chelsea won't be as good as last season but City & Utd will be better. Arsenal should also be better depending on how the play the Europa League.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #306 on: September 22, 2017, 12:35:44 pm »
:D

It feels worst now though. Maybe I am just watching too much Black Mirror

I did that a few months ago and was thoroughly depressed about what my kids may face in the coming years !  Brilliant but a little depressing
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #307 on: September 22, 2017, 01:14:03 pm »
I did that a few months ago and was thoroughly depressed about what my kids may face in the coming years !  Brilliant but a little depressing
Reminds me so much of Chris Morris. I remember long before reality TV, EdTV, Truman show and the likes, he did a piece on a family with camera's strapped to their heads. I remember my mum turning to me at the time saying "sadly, I think people would watch that". Now she sits there watching every season of Big Brother while also also telling me how crap it is and doesn't know why she watches it. :D

I agree though. It's terrifying.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: September 26, 2017, 10:06:52 pm »
Jesus we were wasteful tonight. Well done on creating that amount of chances but you really need to be winning that game if you want to get anywhere in this comp. Thought a few players were excellent though, the back 4 and Hendo were unreal. TAA's delivery is outstanding, he should be on all corners and wide freekicks. Shock horror Jordan Henderson can actually pass the ball forward, who would've known. Bobby wasn't great but improved a bit in the second half. Some of the finishing and decision making was so lackadaisical though. Klopp was a mirror image of myself for most of the match.

We'll qualify easily and I'm sure we'll forget about the wastefulness in February when we're in the knockout stages.

A special mention to the ref/Spartak. Something needs to be done about added on time for injuries and stoppages whether they're real or not. The ball was in play for about 20 minutes in the second half. Shocking.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #309 on: September 26, 2017, 10:09:47 pm »
We'll win all the games left in the group.

Sevilla and Spartak had 3 attempts in total and scored 3 goals. This is not sustainable, it's just a freaky streak. We're a level above these teams in the group, as long as we keep creating the amount of chances we do in games we'll be perfectly fine this season. I'd be much more worried if we were not creating these chances but we do.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: September 26, 2017, 10:10:20 pm »
Yeah, I can't see us losing out on at least second in the group. We're two games in and both times we should really have won, with Lallana back we'll look much better.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: September 26, 2017, 10:13:37 pm »
Wow - totally forgot about this thread! Think I'm just gonna hang out in here after every match from now on! ;D

Disappointing after dominating, but away in Europe with a draw. Ok. No excuses not to qualify, that's for sure.

When we start hitting our stride though - wow. Someones is gonna get double digits again them!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:04 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised to see us go to Sevilla and win. 1st place is still on as two draws are not two defeats. Think Newcastle are in for a hiding on Sunday.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: September 26, 2017, 10:15:46 pm »
Wow - totally forgot about this thread! Think I'm just gonna hang out in here after every match from now on! ;D

Disappointing after dominating, but away in Europe with a draw. Ok. No excuses not to qualify, that's for sure.

When we start hitting our stride though - wow. Someones is gonna get double digits again them!

That's the whole idea  ;)

Really should've won the match and it's disappointing not to have come away with the 3 points but you'll take a draw away in Russia every season.

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: September 26, 2017, 10:23:03 pm »
Hopefully this thread can remain an oasis of calm.

On any other day, 2 or 3 of those go in and we're all happy.

Some of the vitriol out there tonight is as if we didn't even make any chances.

We're disappointed because we should have easily acquired 6pts from dominating Sevilla and the Russian champions - in the champions league which we haven't stepped foot in for several years. Not a bad place be in if we all take a breath.

Henderson really looks like he has meant business this week. TAA is gaining experience by the minute - huge talent. Mane looks sharp, hope his withdrawal was a precaution.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: September 26, 2017, 10:24:36 pm »
Hopefully this thread can remain an oasis of calm.

On any other day, 2 or 3 of those go in and we're all happy.

Some of the vitriol out there tonight is as if we didn't even make any chances.

We're disappointed because we should have easily acquired 6pts from dominating Sevilla and the Russian champions - in the champions league which we haven't stepped foot in for several years. Not a bad place be in if we all take a breath.

Henderson really looks like he has meant business this week. TAA is gaining experience by the minute - huge talent. Mane looks sharp, hope his withdrawal was a precaution.

Exactly you have people complaining about how we played shite and moved the ball way too slow and weren't clever enough. In the same post they're complaining about all the chances we missed. You don't creat chances by playing shite and slow.

I think Mane came off as he hasn't played in a few weeks so don't want to overdo it.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: September 26, 2017, 10:28:46 pm »
I think Mane came off as he hasn't played in a few weeks so don't want to overdo it.

Yeah, he should be much more effective against Newcastle.

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2017, 11:13:36 pm »
The attack will click at some point over the next few games and somebody is in for a right battering.  Hopefully it'll be against the Mancs.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2017, 11:29:49 pm »
The attack will click at some point over the next few games and somebody is in for a right battering.  Hopefully it'll be against the Mancs.

I've already said that very thing, can't think of a better team to get such a spanking.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: September 26, 2017, 11:52:27 pm »
I know they were fairly shite tonight but the defence played really well. Did the simple things well and Luiz Adriano is a competent striker no matter how shite the supporting cast was.