Author Topic: Ever the Optimist.  (Read 57641 times)

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
Re: Ever the Optimist.
« Reply #160 on: January 28, 2017, 06:17:38 pm »
Take every game as it comes, don't wet your knickers at every bad result, give the manager and team support, and see what decisions and choices Klopp makes as he shapes the team.

It's pretty simple really.

I like it  8)
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2017, 06:31:28 pm »
People are overreacting imo.

In 2001/2 we went in a run of 1 win in 9 games, In 2008/9 we had a very weak run of 5 wins in 14 games.  Even in 2014 we had a run of 4 wins in 10 games. Now we are in a run of 3 games without a win or if you prefer 5 wins in 11 games.  All of those previous seasons we finished 2nd!!

Ok we almost definetly lost the title, but this doesnt mean we are doomed or anything. There hasnt been a single season where we qualified for CL that we didnt go into a bad run at some point of the season.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2017, 06:34:40 pm »
Klopp + champions league + summer transfer window = the means and opportunity to attract players who can address tactical problems.

It's simple  :)

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2017, 07:11:18 pm »
The Sunderland game was 40 hours after Man City, we ran 10km less than our usual average in that game. Players were knackered

A point at OT is a decent result in any season

Swansea we were poor and lost our 3rd league game of the season.

The rest were in the cups where it is pretty obvious our sqaud can't cope with these extra games with injuries, so IMO we're better off out of them

Coutinho is back, Matip is back, Clyne will be back and Mane will be back next week. We only have 15 games left now,  giving Klopp plenty of time on the training pitch to get things right and send us off on another run. We can beat Chelsea and then we're free to focus on the league. We'll bounce back and go on a run, I'm almost certain of it

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2017, 02:37:10 pm »
Best Chelsea and things look a whole lot better and the minnions will crawl back under their rocks. Forget about the cups, it's gone! As other have said we've only lost 3 league games this season, yes against teams we should be beating, but Chelsea is our kind of game. The kind of game we raise ourselves to another level. Let's beat these then take it from there
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: January 30, 2017, 11:47:37 am »
So much negativity after getting knocked out of the two cup competitions (one of which we played nearly a second choice XI).

It's understandable, however what I don't think is - that everything has turned into 'doom & gloom'.  I also don't think it is right that Anfield has turned into a place full of 'doubters' - with more moans, groans & silence, than actually clapping, singing & encouragement.

We now have Mane back.  Our injured players have come back as well in Matip / Coutinho etc.

Although we'd rather be in the cups.  It should aid our cause in the league that we aren't.  Less games, could really ensure we're fresh to mount an outside challenge for the title.  OR more realistically, achieve top four and a Champions League place.

I saw this on twitter showing how much better we have been with less games, which has to be encouraging for the last part of the season:

Let's remember, we did beat Chelsea at the start of the season.  They have lost to Spurs recently.  They are not unbeatable. I'd also argue Spurs and ourselves are similar in the way we play with our high energy pressing games, but able to keep the ball when we have it.  So maybe we are the perfect team to get a result vs Chelsea. 

We are also still in the top four, you wouldn't have thought so with all the negativity recently.

When Mane, Firmino & Coutinho were together and Lallana deeper in CM, we looked brilliant and it is the main reason why we are still the top scorers in the league, despite those three not having played together for a fair while now.

We aren't the perfect side.  Anyone who expected us to be, given what Klopp inherited, his little time in the job and our resources compared to our rivals shouldn't expect us to me.  Klopp will need more time to improve the depth and iron out our other issues.  If we get top four, then he should be able to do that far easier, with the extra money, but more important able to attract the better players who want to play in the Champions League.

We need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and moaning at the bad.  We need to focus on the good.  Realise that we still can very feasibly finish top four, which I think most fans would have taken at the start of the season.

Disappointments happen, we've had a tough month and in the short term it has been a big blow.  But the long term still looks very bright, especially if we can get top four. 

As fans we need to really try and lift the mood at the moment, especially at Anfield, but even just talking amongst fellow fans as it can have a knock on effect. 

Let's look forward to having our best players all back and fit.  Let's look forward to the challenge of Chelsea and one which we are fully capable of winning.  The team needs their mojo & confidence back, our fans need to belief.

I see no reason why we can't have a good end to the season.

Now is not the time to question certain players or depth in the squad.  Klopp has said in January there is unlikely to be any new players.  In the summer when the season is over, that's the time to analyse where we need to improve and how in terms of new players.

Instead now is the time to believe, to back the team 100% and give our best chances of finishing top four, maybe the title if things go really well. 

We know what this team is capable of, they're struggling and need a lift - let's give them one and not add to the problems.

YNWA - At times in the last few games, I think the team have been alone given the lack of support and belief.  Let's change that!

Be positive, be a believer!

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
« Reply #166 on: January 30, 2017, 07:30:07 pm »
Never been so excited for a cup draw in my life.

#staypositive
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 30, 2017, 07:33:10 pm »

#staypositive

Eh, your material is a bit stale.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #168 on: January 30, 2017, 07:46:47 pm »
Starting to look forward to this game now, and I really have a feeling we can win this tomorrow. It will leave everyone with a real buzz for the rest of the season.  :scarf
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 30, 2017, 07:52:37 pm »
Starting to look forward to this game now, and I really have a feeling we can win this tomorrow. It will leave everyone with a real buzz for the rest of the season.  :scarf

Me too. The closer it gets, the more excited I'm getting. Gonna be great tomorrow evening.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #170 on: January 30, 2017, 09:51:55 pm »
How the fuck aren't people optimistic ? We're at home .....under the lights .....playing against some southern shandy drinking, plastic flag waving bastards.....Called CHELSEA .....Our boss is Jurgen klopp ......Were Liverpool Football Club ........Get the fuck out of here 😉

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2017, 10:27:55 pm »
How the fuck aren't people optimistic ? We're at home .....under the lights .....playing against some southern shandy drinking, plastic flag waving bastards.....Called CHELSEA .....Our boss is Jurgen klopp ......Were Liverpool Football Club ........Get the fuck out of here 😉

:wellin :thumbup

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2017, 11:52:03 pm »

#staypositive

You must lead one very sad life.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 30, 2017, 11:57:50 pm »
If you can't be optimistic for tomorrow then you're in the wrong game. We've had a shitty few weeks but it's time we put a stop to that and returned to being as good as we know we can be. As was stated above it's a game under the lights at Anfield, players and fans alike should be chomping at the bit to get at these Tory c*nts. There's 16 games still to be played and we should be aiming as high as possible for as long as it is possible. We win our next two and they loose their next two and then things will be really interesting.

Nervous/Excited/Impatient/ all words that could be used to describe how I feel at the moment. Hope tomorrow doesn't drag on, can't wait to get at these c*nts and show everyone what we're really about. 4-0 to the Reds.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2017, 12:04:38 am »
Don't know how I missed this thread but I like it in here. Well in you lot.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2017, 12:51:27 am »
You must lead one very sad life.

Well after that draw I dont think I'll  ever be excited for a cup draw again.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2017, 12:53:19 am »

We got Mane back on a private jet, things just dont get much better than that these days.

Real intent from LFC.  :champ

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2017, 11:51:35 am »
We got Mane back on a private jet, things just dont get much better than that these days.

Real intent from LFC.  :champ

SAD!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2017, 12:05:13 pm »
SAD!

Ignore him mate and he'll soon lose interest. The best thread on the website this one.  ;D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2017, 06:24:07 pm »
Ignore him mate and he'll soon lose interest. The best thread on the website this one.  ;D

Yeah I must learn not to respond to trolls. Looking forward to tonight, any nerves I had have turned to a nervous excitement which I always get before these big games. Can't wait to scream the house down later supporting my Reds.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2017, 06:29:31 pm »
Yeah I must learn not to respond to trolls. Looking forward to tonight, any nerves I had have turned to a nervous excitement which I always get before these big games. Can't wait to scream the house down later supporting my Reds.

:thumbup

Come on you Reds.  :scarf

Offline daj79

• Main Stander
« Reply #181 on: February 1, 2017, 10:07:45 pm »
This has been our worst January in years yet we've come out of it relatively unscathed in terms of a top 4 race. The shite down the M62 have dropped points against West Ham, us, Stoke and Hull and as a result are still 4 points behind us in 5th. Excellent stuff!
« Last Edit: February 1, 2017, 10:11:00 pm by daj79 »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #182 on: February 1, 2017, 10:14:55 pm »
This has been our worst January in years yet we've come out of it relatively unscathed in terms of a top 4 race. The shite down the M62 have dropped points against West Ham, us, Stoke and Hull and as a result are still 4 points behind us in 5th. Excellent stuff!

6th
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline daj79

• Main Stander
« Reply #183 on: February 1, 2017, 10:28:20 pm »

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #184 on: February 4, 2017, 07:13:37 pm »
Still choosing to believe in this group of players.

Being in this horrible rut right now hurts really bad and I can't wrap my head around how a group of players can lose their form at the same time but I don't believe players can forget how to play football over night, we can regain our form as quickly as we've lost it. It's difficult to believe right now but I remember this group of players playing some of the best football I've seen us play in a very long time and it happened this very season.

Still a tons of football left to play, there's no doubt if we keep playing this way we won't finish in Top 4 but I don't believe we will - we have too much quality and we will turn this around. Just one spark - one win, one good performance and we'll be back.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: February 4, 2017, 07:16:19 pm »
We're still 4th.

Good god you are finally understanding this thread.  :D 

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #186 on: February 4, 2017, 08:26:49 pm »
Probably my favourite thread on this site  ;D

Don't worry, about a thing.....  8)

Offline chrisevry

• Main Stander
« Reply #187 on: February 4, 2017, 08:34:14 pm »
Jus posted this in the post match thread,  so hope it's OK to repost here.....

I actually think our malaise is rather simple to explain. Firstly, Our key players are all coming back from injury or just back from a sapping international tournament. Matip, Henderson,  Coutinho and Mane are the core and they're all class.

Secondly, our second string isn't good enough. Jurgen will know this. But he isn't going to buy for the sake of it. The bedwetters will blame fsg but I have no doubt they will back him if and when he wants a player. His main signings have impressed (Matip, gini and mane) so have faith. This forum is awash with people, quite rightly, bashing Lucas, Can et al.Not Jurgen signings. He will move them on, but this isn't football manager. It takes time.

This has been a worrying period with the above issues defining, but never forget we have the best manager in the world. I wouldn't trade him for anyone. He won the league with Dortmund in his third full season and some of you fucks on here should remember that. He's forgotten more than you know.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 4, 2017, 09:03:25 pm »
Despite our recent struggles we are still within touching distance of second spot and we play the team that occupies that spot next week at Anfield. It's been a horrible last 5 weeks for us but we have the right man in charge and enough quality in our starting XI to get out of this slump. All of our top 4 rivals have European fixtures coming up and will no doubt be occupied with them fixtures whilst we will rest and prepare for what is one fixture per week. It's still in our hands, we looked sublime at times this season we dont all of a sudden become shit. Hard work and grit will get us through this, one win will set the ball rolling again. Belief and trust in the manager and his project is needed, we will make top 4.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: February 4, 2017, 09:04:39 pm »
Probably my favourite thread on this site  ;D

Don't worry, about a thing.....  8)

Cos everything's going to be all right.  :)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 4, 2017, 10:12:31 pm »
I like this thread.

Yep we've blown this season a bit, and we could possibly have prepared better for Mane going to AFCON, we have still played some excellent football this season and with time to prepare between games, there's every chance of a strong finish.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #191 on: February 4, 2017, 10:19:05 pm »
We only have one game to play in the next 22 days. Klopp and the players will fix this. We will finish at least 2nd.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: February 4, 2017, 10:44:53 pm »
thankfully other than Chelsea, the gap in the top four is small. So despite the lack of wins in the last 5 matches, we still have a chance in the top four.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #193 on: February 4, 2017, 11:46:46 pm »
You're all on glue!  :wave
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: February 5, 2017, 12:44:03 am »
You're all on glue!  :wave
Nope. We are on more than that!  ;D

To be fair ... when you're this down, it's hard to be optimistic. You just have to keep faith
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: February 5, 2017, 01:04:48 am »
Take every game as it comes, don't wet your knickers at every bad result, give the manager and team support, and see what decisions and choices Klopp makes as he shapes the team.

It's pretty simple really.

Awesome.  :thumbup

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: February 5, 2017, 01:39:34 am »
I refuse to read any other thread other than this one right now.

Shit result, but we're moving in the right direction. That's simply all I care about. A shit result or a shit month won't derail me.

We should have never sacked Rafa. We should have never sacked Kenny. I know gold when I see it. Rodgers was highly debatable but we couldn't afford to lose the opportunity to get Klopp in.

Our current management is gold.

Anyone getting on the back of Klopp and his staff right now are 24 carat fuckers. They need the time and space to work out the current issues. We as supporters need to chill the fuck out, get a life and take a break from football. Because there is a life outside of all this.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 5, 2017, 08:12:29 am »
I refuse to read any other thread other than this one right now.

Shit result, but we're moving in the right direction. That's simply all I care about. A shit result or a shit month won't derail me.

We should have never sacked Rafa. We should have never sacked Kenny. I know gold when I see it. Rodgers was highly debatable but we couldn't afford to lose the opportunity to get Klopp in.

Our current management is gold.

Anyone getting on the back of Klopp and his staff right now are 24 carat fuckers. They need the time and space to work out the current issues. We as supporters need to chill the fuck out, get a life and take a break from football. Because there is a life outside of all this.

Great post. You're right too this is the best thread.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: February 5, 2017, 09:42:30 am »
We will finish in the Top 4. I'm utterly convinced of it.

Haven't cope at all well with the fixture pile up at the start of 2017 (with injuries and Mane away).

But starting now we are back to the familiarity of a lot of rest and preparation between games.

If you thought this was a good thing during the first half of the season - try it now when it's basically crunch time for our rivals in the knockout competitions.

Beat Spurs next week to really kick this shit off again.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #199 on: February 5, 2017, 11:17:26 am »
surprisingly encouraging to look (from behind your fingers) at the league table, and see that our fallen-off-a-cliff form still hasn't really effected the shake-up for the top 4 places.......3 points next weekend - which we are more than capable of, despite the current gloom that's enveloped us - and its game on for the run-in baby.........we'll look back at yesterday's nadir as the dark before the dawn.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.