Author Topic: FAO: US Reds----tv info  (Read 818690 times)

Offline mjjason

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FAO: US Reds----tv info
« Reply #80 on: August 4, 2006, 09:44:16 pm »
Its also on Soccer TV now:

2006-2007 English Premier League (EPL)

Updated August 4, 2005

FOX Sports International (FSI) has sublicensed US and Canadian TV rights to an average of approximately 4 2006-2007 English Premier League (EPL) matches each week to Setanta Sports North America.

In the United States, FOX Soccer Channel and Setanta Sports USA will divide the 2006-2007 EPL season as follows:

Saturdays at 7:30am ET: Setanta Sports USA
Saturdays at 10am ET: Setanta Sports USA has the 1st and 3rd picks, FOX Soccer Channel has the 2nd and 4th picks
Saturdays at 12noon ET: FOX Soccer Channel
Sundays at 8:30am ET: Setanta Sports USA
Sundays at 11am ET: FOX Soccer Channel
Mondays at 3pm ET: FOX Soccer Channel
Tuesdays-Fridays: Setanta Sports USA has the 1st pick, FOX Soccer Channel has the 2nd pick
The EPL will no longer air via pay-per-view in the US.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #81 on: August 4, 2006, 11:37:37 pm »
Setanta seals Premiership deal
Friday, 4 August 17:27 ET

Setanta Sports is pleased to announce that it has signed a deal to broadcast the English Premier League in North America.

More than 90 matches in the Barclays English Premier League, the world's most distinguished soccer enterprise with a combined television audience base of more than 570 million across 160 countries, will be telecast LIVE on Setanta Sports, starting Saturday, August 19.

Setanta Sports' extensive line up will include LIVE rights to an estimated 62 Saturday games, including first choice of the Saturday 10:00 AM ET matches, approximately 28 Sunday games and a selection of mid-week matches, many of which will be announced shortly.

All games will be available to residential Setanta customers as well as viewers visiting any of the nearly 1,000 pubs and bars nationwide which feature Setanta Sports programming on DirecTV.

In the first two days of the season, Setanta Sports will telecast matches featuring three of the most popular clubs in the League -- Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United:

Saturday August 19, 7.45am ET Sheffield United v Liverpool

Saturday, August 19, 10.00am ET Arsenal v Aston Villa (First Premier league match at new Arsenal stadium)

Sunday, August 20, 8.30am EST Manchester United v Fulham

Says Simon Green, Chief Executive of Setanta Sports North America: "We are very excited to bring the much-anticipated English Premier League to our current audience of expatriate soccer fans, and to drive consumer awareness among a broader US audience. "Our fan base expanded considerably this year with the LIVE telecast of the World Cup. Now our fans will see some of the best matches in this, the most exciting league of them all, LIVE and with original English commentary."

For additional programming information for the Barclays English Premier League games and other top soccer and rugby airing live on Setanta Sports, visit www.setanta.com.

Setanta Sports is a 24-hour, digital pay TV network dedicated primarily to European and international soccer and world-class rugby.

It launched in the United States in April 2005 and is available on DIRECTV (Channel 615) and GlobeCast WorldTV. This year, the network will broadcast over 1,000 LIVE and delayed exclusive events from the world of soccer and rugby. This includes matches from the English Premier League, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Cup, The Carling Cup, Coca Cola Championship as well as Scottish, French and Dutch Leagues.

Setanta also provides exclusive North American distribution of programming from Manchester United TV (MUTV) and Chelsea TV.

The international rugby featured is from the Six Nations, Tri-Nations, The Heineken European Cup, Guinness English Premiership, Powergen Cup, Super 14 and Celtic League. Setanta Broadband launched in February 2006 and features LIVE soccer, rugby and GAA. Setanta Premium operates the residential pay-per-view business and the commercial business which consists of special event, LIVE programming in pubs and other venues in the US and Canada.

Setanta Sports North America is owned by Dublin-based Setanta Sports, which operates pay television networks in the UK, Ireland, mainland Europe, North America, and Australia.

http://www.setanta.com/portal/article/football::england?open&articleid=66adadb97f99928f802571c00060ffd4

So basically if you don't get or have Setanta..you're screwed

19 Aug, 2006 Sheffield United Barclays Premiership A 12:45 --Setanta

26 Aug, 2006 West Ham United Barclays Premiership H 12:45 --Setanta

09 Sep, 2006 Everton Barclays Premiership A 12:45  --Setanta

17 Sep, 2006 Chelsea Barclays Premiership A 13:30 --Setanta

20 Sep, 2006 Newcastle United Barclays Premiership H 20:00  --Setanta

23 Sep, 2006 Tottenham Hotspur Barclays Premiership H 12:45 --Setanta

30 Sep, 2006 Bolton Wanderers Barclays Premiership A 12:45 --Setanta

14 Oct, 2006 Blackburn Rovers Barclays Premiership H 15:00 --First match that may or may not be on Setanta.

22 Oct, 2006 Manchester United Barclays Premiership A 13:00 --Setanta

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline liverpoolynwa

• Hammer Time
  • Legacy Fan
  • well you've won twice but, we've won it five times
« Reply #82 on: August 5, 2006, 02:29:18 am »
anything about door charges at pubs with setanta?
Me dad reckons he was in the Kop when it was recorded so says he's sang for Pink Floyd. ;)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: August 5, 2006, 02:34:32 am »
anything about door charges at pubs with setanta?

SETANTA SPORTS channel subscription price

$11.99/month for residential customers

$100/month for commercial customers (pubs, clubs, etc.)

Now if they are charging a pub $100 per month...why should the pub charge any fee to get in? Ya' might ask them..;)

Offline liverpoolynwa

• Hammer Time
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 5, 2006, 02:54:09 am »
SETANTA SPORTS channel subscription price

$11.99/month for residential customers

$100/month for commercial customers (pubs, clubs, etc.)

Now if they are charging a pub $100 per month...why should the pub charge any fee to get in? Ya' might ask them..;)

To make $$$. ;)
Me dad reckons he was in the Kop when it was recorded so says he's sang for Pink Floyd. ;)

Offline brightonpete

• Kopite
« Reply #85 on: August 5, 2006, 05:01:42 am »
i hope there is not gonna be  a cover for games but i did here  a rumor that there will be a little setanta man  on the door.

Offline liverpoolynwa

• Hammer Time
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 5, 2006, 05:11:57 am »
i hope there is not gonna be  a cover for games but i did here  a rumour that there will be a little setanta man  on the door.

does that mean a little cover charge?

Offline IRWT

• Boys Pen
« Reply #87 on: August 5, 2006, 05:44:53 am »
does that mean a little cover charge?
That will be shit. I watch all our games in pub.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 5, 2006, 05:57:52 pm »
Ahhhh..

Just got back from signing up for Directv.

Next Saturday morning they'll be out to get me hooked up. I'll be ready for the Premiership season.

Speaking of which here's the tv schedule for opening weekend:

Sat Aug 19 04:30AM Pacific
Sat Aug 19 05:30AM Mountain
Sat Aug 19 06:30AM Central
Sat Aug 19 07:30AM Eastern
Length: 2 hr 30 min    LIVE
Setanta Sports USA
Sheffield United vs Liverpool

Sat Aug 19 07:00AM Pacific
Sat Aug 19 08:00AM Mountain
Sat Aug 19 09:00AM Central
Sat Aug 19 10:00AM Eastern
Length: 2 hr     LIVE
FOX Soccer Channel (FSC) - US
Newcastle United vs Wigan Athletic

Sat Aug 19 07:00AM Pacific
Sat Aug 19 08:00AM Mountain
Sat Aug 19 09:00AM Central
Sat Aug 19 10:00AM Eastern
Setanta Sports USA
Arsenal vs Aston Villa

Sat Aug 19 09:00AM Pacific
Sat Aug 19 10:00AM Mountain
Sat Aug 19 11:00AM Central
Sat Aug 19 12:00PM Eastern
Length: 2 hr 30 min    LIVE
Bolton Wanderers vs Tottenham Hotspur

Sat Aug 19 12:00PM Pacific
Sat Aug 19 01:00PM Mountain
Sat Aug 19 02:00PM Central
Sat Aug 19 03:00PM Eastern
Length: 2 hr     SDD
Reading vs Middlesbrough

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sun Aug 20 05:30AM Pacific
Sun Aug 20 06:30AM Mountain
Sun Aug 20 07:30AM Central
Sun Aug 20 08:30AM Eastern
Setanta Sports USA
Manchester United vs Fulham

Sun Aug 20 08:00AM Pacific
Sun Aug 20 09:00AM Mountain
Sun Aug 20 10:00AM Central
Sun Aug 20 11:00AM Eastern
Chelsea vs Manchester City

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #89 on: August 5, 2006, 06:27:14 pm »
Ahhhh..

Just got back from signing up for Directv.

Next Saturday morning they'll be out to get me hooked up. I'll be ready for the Premiership season.
Too funny - they're coming to install mine next Saturday morning as well!  Signed up online last night.  It's been a good nine years with Dish but as I signed up with them specifically for Fox Sports Americas way back when, I guess I can't complain too much about switching over to DirecTV specifically for Setanta.  It will indeed be an orgy of football every weekend...

Bring it on!

Offline brightonpete

• Kopite
« Reply #90 on: August 5, 2006, 07:07:20 pm »
so as i read it the games are on setanta sports and not premium ppv so that means no cover charge in the bars.

Offline kevinbrodie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #91 on: August 5, 2006, 08:27:54 pm »
This is very good news. No more tape delays on Sunday's for example. Also if, like me, you subcribed to Sentanta USA and the PPV season ticket package ($300 a year) this move saves me $300 out of the gate. The coverage in the states of EPL is frankly unbelievable.

Also, if it was me I wouldn't rush out and switch to Directv. Is it 100% sure that Setanta is not going be have a partnership with cable companies or the Dish network?  Just a thought
Rafa is my Shankly

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 5, 2006, 08:33:59 pm »
Too funny - they're coming to install mine next Saturday morning as well!  Signed up online last night.  It's been a good nine years with Dish but as I signed up with them specifically for Fox Sports Americas way back when, I guess I can't complain too much about switching over to DirecTV specifically for Setanta.  It will indeed be an orgy of football every weekend...

Bring it on!

Well at least I know I can come to yours to watch when in NY and you can come to mine when in big D... ;D  :wave

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 5, 2006, 08:37:54 pm »
This is very good news. No more tape delays on Sunday's for example. Also if, like me, you subcribed to Sentanta USA and the PPV season ticket package ($300 a year) this move saves me $300 out of the gate. The coverage in the states of League is frankly unbelievable.

Also, if it was me I wouldn't rush out and switch to Directv. Is it 100% sure that Setanta is not going be have a partnership with cable companies or the Dish network?  Just a thought

Maybe when Dish and cable see a lot of footy supporters jumping ship they'll add Setanta to their lineup but Setanta has been trying all summer to get their channel on Dish and cable..

Next saturday when I cancel Dish I am going to tell them exactly why I am leaving them..no Setanta. I also bought the season PPV package last year. One would think they have some sort of record indicating how many customers bought the season package or on a weekend. Guess they'll find out how loyal  we are to our team.

Offline SteeleRED

• Crazy loudmouthed American who doesn't give a s*** what you think of him
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #94 on: August 5, 2006, 08:42:30 pm »
This is very good news. No more tape delays on Sunday's for example. Also if, like me, you subcribed to Sentanta USA and the PPV season ticket package ($300 a year) this move saves me $300 out of the gate. The coverage in the states of League is frankly unbelievable.

Just to follow up: I asked my cable provider (Charter Communications here in SoCal), and they said they have no plans to add Setanta at this time, but they are reviewing their options. Trying to get an answer from Setanta about availability of matches on broadband.
Geez, 4:30 A.M. wake-up calls. Good thing I'm usually up by 5 anyways. ;D
Football fan, yes, but fan of many other sports, too.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 5, 2006, 09:15:38 pm »
If you don't want to shop and ship from the club store..I found this on our new Kit shirt:

http://stores.skipjack.com/chicagosoccer/Detail.bok?no=2215

I've already ordered mine off the club...but nice to see you can get them here in the USA..

Offline americanscouser

• Main Stander
« Reply #96 on: August 5, 2006, 09:37:40 pm »
am similarly waiting to hear back about the broadband schedule question.  their current broadband schedule has quite a few of the championship and french league games on it, but it wouldn't be worth the 11.99 per month if we didn't get champions league games as well as the entire premier league schedule.

Offline greentrees

• Main Stander
« Reply #97 on: August 5, 2006, 09:51:55 pm »
where are you from americanscouser. My wife and I are moving to florida in three years. All sorted out.

Got a season ticket for lower centenary.....dreading final game though cnt wait to get to the states!

Offline Loman

• Main Stander
« Reply #98 on: August 5, 2006, 10:17:42 pm »
Setanta Sports is trying to get a deal with ITVN. 

ITVN is a box that you connect to your tv and high speed internet and can watch TV.

The ITVN box is $100 and they havn't announced how much setanta would be.  I just heard about this and Setanta said more will be announced in the next week or 2.

If the price is $11.99 a month for setanta, then this is a great deal if you don't want to switch to directv.  You can keep your cable tv too.

ITVN's site is http://www.itvn.com/

The lacrosse channel offers a deal that if you sign up for a year of lacrosse channel, you get the $100 box for free.  Hopefully setanta offers this too.  I would pay $11.99 a month for 12:45 BST kickoffs,  1st and 3rd choice 3 BST kickoffs, and a 1:30 BST sunday game.

Don't want to get ahead of myself, but I am excited.

Hear more about it on the E.P.L. talk podcast.  Look for E.P.L. talk on itunes and listen to the setanta interview.  http://www.epltalk.com/
« Last Edit: August 5, 2006, 10:28:21 pm by Loman »

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #99 on: August 5, 2006, 10:19:46 pm »
am similarly waiting to hear back about the broadband schedule question.  their current broadband schedule has quite a few of the championship and french league games on it, but it wouldn't be worth the 11.99 per month if we didn't get champions league games as well as the entire premier league schedule.

I've heard from others elsewhere (but can't verify) that Setanta broadband will *not* have Premier League games, which makes sense as I believe each team maintains rights to electronic distribution of their own matches.  As far as LFC and North American fans are concerned, that's the whole point of their new US website.   As they're trying to get that off the ground, I would think there's no way Setanta can stream those games here.  Haven't heard anyone on here contemplate signing up for the website's "USA Season Pass" - has anyone done so?  Most of the Yanks I know (including myself) are still buying the e-season ticket from the OS.  In any event, why not support the club directly rather than Setanta if broadband is the option?  (That said, I'm very unimpressed with the US site, it's very user-unfriendly and very limited.)
« Last Edit: August 5, 2006, 10:33:15 pm by ConnieLFC »

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #100 on: August 5, 2006, 10:29:53 pm »
Setanta Sports is trying to get a deal with ITVN. 

ITVN is a box that you connect to your tv and high speed internet and can watch TV.

The ITVN box is $100 and they havn't announced how much setanta would be.  I just heard about this and Setanta said more will be announced in the next week or 2.

If the price is $11.99 a month for setanta, then this is a great deal if you don't want to switch to directv.

ITVN's site is http://www.itvn.com/

The lacrosse channel offers a deal that if you sign up for a year of lacrosse channel, you get the $100 box for free.  Hopefully setanta offers this too.  I would pay $11.99 a month for 12:45 BST kickoffs, second choice 3 BST kickoffs, and a sunday morning game.

Don't want to get ahead of myself, but I am excited.

Hear more about it on the E.P.L. talk podcast.  Look for E.P.L. talk on itunes and listen to the setanta interview.  http://www.epltalk.com/
No offense, but this smacks of spam here, and if this is an internet-based service, see my post above...how will Setanta be able to provide their Setanta Sports USA channel content over the internet, when it would clearly infringe on every club's distribution rights?  Wouldn't it just be their broadband content they'd be offering to ITVN?  I obviously don't have the facts to say one way or the other but it doesn't sound right.

Offline Loman

• Main Stander
« Reply #101 on: August 5, 2006, 10:38:21 pm »
This isn't spam.  Go to the website, get the podcast, and listen to Shane O'Rourke of Setanta Sports explain this.  Shane O'Rourke is president of North American Operations.

I'll quote him:  "You can get a box, put it into your house, connect it to the internet, and ... watch it that way."  "If you have cable in a place like NYC, in Manhatten and can't get directv [this will work]."

Intereviewer:  "Any idea of the cost?"

Shane O'Rourke of Setanta:  "Right now it is $11.99.  It will rise to $14.99 because of League acqusition costs."  "For the user it is just like having directv."

This gets around the Premier League unavailable via broadband problems, because this is still considered cable tv.  O'Rourke says the rights to showing the League via broadband are too expensive.  This will still be considered TV, because it requires a TV to watch it.  You never need a computer, just a high speed internet connection to deliver the feed. 

Why would I post spam when I have 28 posts?  I'm not advocating anyone signs up today.  O'Rourke says more details should be available next week.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2006, 11:32:41 pm by Loman »

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #102 on: August 5, 2006, 10:46:22 pm »
This isn't spam.  Go to the sight, get the podcast, and listen to Shane O'Rourke of Setanta Sports explain this.  Shane O'Rourke is president of North American Operations.

I'll quote him:  "You can get a box, put it into your house, connect it to the internet, and ... watch it that way."  "If you have cable in a place like NYC, in Manhatten and can't get directv [this will work]."

Intereviewer:  "Any idea of the cost?"

Shane O'Rourke of Setanta:  "Right now it is $11.99.  It will rise to $14.99 because of League acqusition costs."  "For the user it is just like having directv."

This gets around the Premier League unavailbe via broadband problems, because this is still considered cable tv.

I'll have a listen - I still don't see how it's not broadband if the service is coming over the internet.  I'm not arguing with you (didn't necessarily mean to shoot the messenger); I'm just trying to figure out how Setanta is going to have a legal argument for this.  You connect to the internet, the content is via the internet, they've just got standard RCA cables taking the content to your TV.  I'll be very impressed if they somehow manage to do this but it sounds like a major lawsuit waiting to happen.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #103 on: August 5, 2006, 10:46:34 pm »
$99.95 per year for the Official site. Not bad if they put up every match right after it's on. I think that's going to be my best option.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2006, 10:49:38 pm by RedFerLife »

Offline Loman

• Main Stander
« Reply #104 on: August 5, 2006, 10:49:12 pm »
I am also worried this is too close to the League via broadband, guess we'll wait and see if setanta says any more about it.

Offline SteeleRED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #105 on: August 6, 2006, 12:31:49 am »
$99.95 per year for the Official site. Not bad if they put up every match right after it's on. I think that's going to be my best option.

If they don't put the matches up right away, then I may as well listen live on-line, then watch the rebroadcasts via GolTV on Tuesdays.

Offline americanscouser

• Main Stander
« Reply #106 on: August 7, 2006, 12:51:40 am »
where are you from americanscouser. My wife and I are moving to florida in three years. All sorted out.

Got a season ticket for lower centenary.....dreading final game though cnt wait to get to the states!

philadelphia area.  florida is great though hot as hades in the summertime..

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 9, 2006, 02:06:37 pm »
For those with Dish network..there is some hope.

I can't go into the details but emails to Setanta have indicated that Dish Network looks to be taking on the Setanta channel.

No idea when this will happen though. So don't shoot the messenger. Send your complaints to Dish and Setanta..:P

Of course i'm switching to Directv this weekend so it matters naught to me anymore. I'll be good to go for the season..

Offline brightonpete

• Kopite
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2006, 01:36:52 am »
my buddy down in nyc watched the hafia game at nevarda smiths,anyone know anything about this?

Offline polishmike

• Main Stander
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2006, 01:40:52 am »
my buddy down in nyc watched the hafia game at nevarda smiths,anyone know anything about this?
i asked them few days ago and they said that they won't show it so i didn't even bother to go. i would be pretty pissed if they did. i hate watching it on the computer

Offline liverpoolynwa

• Hammer Time
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2006, 02:40:36 am »
i asked them few days ago and they said that they won't show it so i didn't even bother to go. i would be pretty pissed if they did. i hate watching it on the computer

I watched it on the guardian.co.uk website (text updates) while visiting my sister in hospital. Not even a stream cos the bloody "hospital research" computers didn't have any media programmes. Can't complain, told the concierge my sister was a massive liverpool supporter and the result was important for morale so he let me in.

Offline SteeleRED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2006, 02:54:55 pm »
Geez, what does FOX have left? I was trying to find out which Bundesliga matches they were going to televise, but when I scrolled the menu on my television, I was surprised to find out that GOL TV has this week-end's Bundesliga matches (four of them, much better than the one FOX used to broadcast). And they no longer seem to carry Ligue 1 fixtures, either.
FWIW, I found out that Setanta does NOT have Internet broadcast rights for EPL. So no reason to buy Setanta broadband...

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2006, 03:00:52 pm »
He definitely watched it there?  It's not listed on their website - just the Chelsea/Celtic friendly is.  I know they somehow pick up feeds (can't say if they're legal or not) from Canada and maybe elsewhere.

N.B. - while typing this, just checked an email from a Toronto supporter - said a channel called "The Israeli Network" is available via subscription from Dish Network in the US and Rogers in Canada.  This might be how Nevada's picked up the game - that would imply they'll be able to get the 2nd leg as well but I'd definitely call (several times) to confirm, assuming it's not available on GolTV or something more accessible by then.

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2006, 03:30:16 pm »
Ditto on the other sentiments... I checked their website and they did NOT have LFC - Haifa listed ... if the match was shown, maybe it was because it was an "illegal" feed and they couldn't advertise.  Pissed that I could have gone down to watch, and didn't know it was on  >:(
Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2006, 04:11:56 pm »
Alright...all set up with Directv. Got the Plus DVR version..can watch one channel and record another which will come in handy when Setanta is showing one match and Fox Soccer Channel another.

Bring the season on.

Offline brightonpete

• Kopite
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2006, 10:37:15 pm »
so for anyone in boston area.the phoenix landing will be opening at 7.30 a.m for the sheffield game,lets have a good showing. :hally drunk by 10!!!!

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2006, 01:20:15 pm »
Goddamn motherfucking Setanta c*nts. What about those of us that cannot get a dish. Bastards.

I was certain FSC was going to expand their lineup, not lose ground. Now instead of being guaranteed a 7.30am game every week on my telly, I gotta truck own the fucking pub on the other side of town *and* I can no longer record them on my DVR.

Mafioso bastard better not send goons to charge a tenner down the pub either, I swear I'll fucking Momo Sissoko their ass at 7.20am.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2006, 01:35:08 pm »
El Campeador ..having a bad day are we...:P

It was FSC who sold the rights to Setanta..so blame them.

You can come watch at mine... 8)

btw..my Mum feels the same way. She can't have a dish where she lives and only has cable tv. She's not a happy camper either. She doesn't drive and the early matches are at 4:30 am her time. Hopefully cable and Dish network soon realize how many people are switching and get it sorted and add Setanta to their programming lineup.

Offline brightonpete

• Kopite
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2006, 02:44:03 pm »
it maybe a cliche but hasan calm down,calm down!i dont think they are allowed to charge a cover unless its ppv.so thats one good thing to come out of this new deal.see ya saturday.

Offline NewHampshire_Exile

• Ambassador
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.YNWA.TV
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2006, 02:10:59 pm »
I’ve ordered ITVN. I also checked with the company and it should work just fine over a wireless network using the same sort of adapter as you’d use for a wireless PS2 connection instead of a direct Ethernet connection.

However just in case I have moved a couple of armchairs into the basement next to my router and will set it up there if I can’t get the wireless to work.

The only channel I have ordered is Setanta - $14.95 a month and the hardware if free on a 30 day return if not happy.

I can’t install a satellite as there are too many trees in the way and unless I start downing next doors trees then it’s a no go. However if this works then the cost of this plus the cable I have would still work out cheaper than swopping to directv.

I should have the box here next week so I’ll miss the opening game – I may have to head off to Boston and meet a few of the boys for an early start in the pub…