Author Topic: The Klopp Template  (Read 1075054 times)

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
Re: The Klopp Template
« Reply #5320 on: November 8, 2021, 08:58:09 pm »
I can't help but feel (in relation to the hand wringing) that we're indulging in a wee bit of over-analysis just now. I think that's what you're saying above Mr McCoy, isn't it? We're playing occasional games of stupid football, as we once put it. Maybe we've been focussing on too much detail and not thinking enough about game state and problem solving in our team chats. They'll figure it out.

It's obviously partly a result of the extreme scorelines Liverpool are having (big scoring wins, high scoring draws/losses) but Liverpool's game state stats are a bit mad this season.

When at least two goals up, they've allowed 4.1 xG but only conceded once (to Mwepu's 0.01 xG chance for Brighton). You obviously can't pick and choose but conceding an extra goal or two there usually wouldn't matter in terms of the result.

But when one goal up, Liverpool have allowed 2.8 xG but conceded five and it's costing them hugely as these goals are obviously equalisers. The Reds only conceded six equalisers in 2019/20, from 11.9 xG when a goal to the good, and their xG conceded per 90 in +1 game state is actually better this season. On such margins title strolls become hard fought title battles!

(None of this is relevant to the West Ham game, just thought you would all be interested... I don't think there's a huge amount wrong, but we're being unduly punished when things do go awry).

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #5321 on: November 8, 2021, 09:51:54 pm »
I can't help but feel (in relation to the hand wringing) that we're indulging in a wee bit of over-analysis just now. I think that's what you're saying above Mr McCoy, isn't it? We're playing occasional games of stupid football, as we once put it. Maybe we've been focussing on too much detail and not thinking enough about game state and problem solving in our team chats. They'll figure it out.

Good post. We weren't playing that badly against West Ham IMO, and the conditions were there to score on the counter, until we gave away that second goal completely unnecessarily. We won plenty of games like that in the 2018-20 period.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2021, 09:56:19 pm by Bjornar »

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5322 on: November 8, 2021, 10:45:03 pm »
I was wondering today whether going to something looking more like a 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 might solve a few of the current problems?

It would assume Trent moving to RM and probably Joe going in to RB in a more traditional full back role. On the left, Mane would be more advanced but still essentially a LM/LW. Mane has scored goals this year and I am a fan of his but, for me, he isn't a natural finisher and we wouldn't miss him as much as a scoring threat if he moved slightly further back. He still has a good engine and is still essential to the team.

That midfield set up would allow us to keep Trent in an area similar to his current attacking positioning, and allow us to keep him in a an area where he can affect our attacking play. The middle two would hopefully be Fab and another based on the need for a particular game but their roles would be to protect and hold the middle.

Bobby/Keita/Minamino could play in the role behind the striker.

Probably complete nonsense but just something that was rolling around my head today.

BTW, that set up might help us cover the midfield easier with injuries and also help when Salah, Mane and Keita leave in Jan.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5323 on: November 9, 2021, 05:45:24 am »
My mind keeps going back to the Man City game and if you think about it, it’s as mad as we’ve seen Klopp at his team this season. He plays Milner and Milner gets exposed by the set up, and Foden could arguably have finished us off, but a combination of the one favourable bit of refereeing we’ve had so far and Milner’s seemingly Jedi level of dark-art mastery sort us out. One man not being stupid in amongst what to Klopp looked like a load of stupid. And it was counter intuitive too - it’s not that we weren’t solid enough - it’s that we aren’t brave enough to play the extra pass or to step out and close space. That’s not just the loss of Wijnaldum and not covering back - that’s a load of players not doing what they’ve been coached or asked to do from time to time, and not reacting to what’s in front of them. Trent was straight up giving the ball away in criminal situations on Sunday.

Salah has also compensated for some of the lack of consistency in this respect but he’s not done that for a couple of games. He’s mortal after all. So we look the best side in the world some games, but we’re not integrated or savvy enough in others. It’s gonna be an interesting Xmas period cos we do tend to solve these kinds of problems, but we could use some good old cynical stuff when we need it, especially when the ref is a joke.

It feels like we’re not quite at a league winning level of consistency or belief to me, just gut feel wise, but we look more than capable of a European Cup.

Absolutely fascinating numbers both by the way (Mr M and Mr B). :)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #5324 on: November 9, 2021, 08:09:26 am »
:D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5325 on: November 9, 2021, 08:12:27 am »
Interesting that. If you ask me which was our peak team I would say 18-19 over even 19-20 (or at least the team from December 18 to May 2019).

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5326 on: November 9, 2021, 08:57:47 am »
My mind keeps going back to the Man City game and if you think about it, it’s as mad as we’ve seen Klopp at his team this season. He plays Milner and Milner gets exposed by the set up, and Foden could arguably have finished us off, but a combination of the one favourable bit of refereeing we’ve had so far and Milner’s seemingly Jedi level of dark-art mastery sort us out. One man not being stupid in amongst what to Klopp looked like a load of stupid. And it was counter intuitive too - it’s not that we weren’t solid enough - it’s that we aren’t brave enough to play the extra pass or to step out and close space. That’s not just the loss of Wijnaldum and not covering back - that’s a load of players not doing what they’ve been coached or asked to do from time to time, and not reacting to what’s in front of them. Trent was straight up giving the ball away in criminal situations on Sunday.

Salah has also compensated for some of the lack of consistency in this respect but he’s not done that for a couple of games. He’s mortal after all. So we look the best side in the world some games, but we’re not integrated or savvy enough in others. It’s gonna be an interesting Xmas period cos we do tend to solve these kinds of problems, but we could use some good old cynical stuff when we need it, especially when the ref is a joke.

It feels like we’re not quite at a league winning level of consistency or belief to me, just gut feel wise, but we look more than capable of a European Cup.

Absolutely fascinating numbers both by the way (Mr M and Mr B). :)

Does that worry you? I agree btw.

The bones of this team have been together a while now. I would have hoped that we would becoming more savvy. At times we still look surprised when teams use the dark arts and don't seem to be able to adjust at times.

I remember how Real handles us last year in the CL. That Real team was not great but over 2 legs we barely laid a glove on them. They seemed to just use their experience to ease us out of the tournament.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5327 on: November 9, 2021, 09:12:57 am »
It doesn't worry me - I just don't think it'll be our year in the league this season - just a gut feel based on the slight disjointedness of the league form really. But that's OK for me - the best Liverpool sides in history went some seasons without winning the league, and this side is arguably better than they were in many respects (and certainly they're up against stronger, better funded competition). You have to think that it'll eventually hit its groove though and when that happens, then we'll be onto something again (in league terms) because potentially the squad is deeper once we have everyone back.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5328 on: November 9, 2021, 09:19:52 am »
I agree about the league. It just seems that other teams are better set up than we are. I think to win against City specifically we need to start very quickly and build a lead, before they hit their rhythm and (this season at least) we lose players to the AFCON.

I'm hoping we can win something this year.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5329 on: November 9, 2021, 09:20:02 am »
We are just missing the balance this year.

Its funny we all wanted an attacker but going forward we are the best in the league easily.

Just very open in midfield this year

But I think in general we are playing some great stuff

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5330 on: November 9, 2021, 09:32:53 am »
I agree about the league. It just seems that other teams are better set up than we are. I think to win against City specifically we need to start very quickly and build a lead, before they hit their rhythm and (this season at least) we lose players to the AFCON.

I'm hoping we can win something this year.

I do think people are a bit too scared of Man City, purely because they had that run last season. That winning run is absolutely the exception with them now, and came at a time where a lot of stronger teams in the league were having big issues. The most they've managed is five wins in a row in the last two and a bit seasons aside from that and they've lost 17 games in that time (they lost less than half that in the previous 'two and a bit' seasons).

They're not the scary, waiting to explode behemoth people seem to think they are.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5331 on: November 9, 2021, 09:52:19 am »
I do think people are a bit too scared of Man City, purely because they had that run last season. That winning run is absolutely the exception with them now, and came at a time where a lot of stronger teams in the league were having big issues. The most they've managed is five wins in a row in the last two and a bit seasons aside from that and they've lost 17 games in that time (they lost less than half that in the previous 'two and a bit' seasons).

They're not the scary, waiting to explode behemoth people seem to think they are.

I don't think its just the run that has people worried. They completely demolished us in that first half at Anfield and, when everyone said Chelsea were unbeatable, they went to Stamford Bridge and completely dominated them too.

Their defence/midfield balance is far better than ours. If they had a top class hard working forward (which they can acquire with their limitless wealth if one becomes available) they would be close to untouchable.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5332 on: November 9, 2021, 10:02:54 am »
I don't think its just the run that has people worried. They completely demolished us in that first half at Anfield and, when everyone said Chelsea were unbeatable, they went to Stamford Bridge and completely dominated them too.

Their defence/midfield balance is far better than ours. If they had a top class hard working forward (which they can acquire with their limitless wealth if one becomes available) they would be close to untouchable.
lost to Palace 2-0 at home.

They are an excellent side but not the super power some think.

We were awful in that 1st half. Milner was awful.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5333 on: November 9, 2021, 10:03:37 am »

That's another one people keep chucking about. They didnt demolish us in the first half. They dominated, we played utter turd, but they had very few actual clear cut chances and we should really have won the game. Chelsea tried to repeat their CL trick and park the bus with about 8 defensive players, it didnt work and it completely gifted any impetus to City. They've already had numerous games that they've dropped points in deservedly.

This Liverpool team isn't its 99 point vintage, and this City team isn't its 100 point vintage. This is so, so unlikely to be a season where someone suddenly wins 12 games in a row and destroys the challenge. Its far more likely to be a 'normal' title chase, with probably 2 or 3 teams involved until pretty late on and quite a few points dropped.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5334 on: November 9, 2021, 10:37:11 am »
I'm more worried about Chelsea myself. I think in games with City you have to suffer anyway - we've played better against them than the game at Anfield but they aren't the problem for me - you know they'll drop some silly points along the way. Chelsea are grinding it out - they won't win all their games but they won't lose many - they'll keep accumulating.  I still think we are well in it too btw - I'm just worried we keep having to score 3 to win a game, it's not sustainable for a title tilt and not fair on the attackers. We're not the finished product yet, not controlling full games. Hopefully it'll come in the next few weeks.   

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5335 on: November 9, 2021, 10:41:11 am »
I'm more worried about Chelsea myself. I think in games with City you have to suffer anyway - we've played better against them than the game at Anfield but they aren't the problem for me - you know they'll drop some silly points along the way. Chelsea are grinding it out - they won't win all their games but they won't lose many - they'll keep accumulating.  I still think we are well in it too btw - I'm just worried we keep having to score 3 to win a game, it's not sustainable for a title tilt and not fair on the attackers. We're not the finished product yet, not controlling full games. Hopefully it'll come in the next few weeks.   

I think I'm probably the opposite. Chelsea got against Burnley what has been brewing for a while. They're not particularly dominant and I know we keep talking about underlying numbers, xg, xga etc etc, but everything points to them being in a bit of an undeserved position and that despite the recent losses.....ourselves and City are the two standout teams this season.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #5336 on: November 9, 2021, 10:44:24 am »
Can't help but feel the balance of the team with the current squad, circumstances, and set-up doesn't work. Elliott being unavailable plus Keita and Thiago being unavailable and their general misfortune has meant lots of games with a third midfielder that we'd rather not be playing quite as regularly or giving as many minutes to. Would the balance of the team and quality on the pitch be greater with three at the back? I think it would but depends on a few factors unknown to us, so hard to say with any certainty. Essentially would we better off playing with our 3rd choice centre back instead of our 5th or 6th or 7th choice central midfielder? I think we'd have more quality on the pitch and better team balance.

Its not a massive tweak and becomes a question of would we rather see Konate or Gomez or Phillips instead of Jones or Chamberlain? Funnily enough I think it could mimic a lot of the role that Gini had where he'd often act like an auxiliary centre back in recycling possession, playing low risk/high % passes, winning duels, staying deep, moving with the team/ball rather than in advance of, and greater physical mobility.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5337 on: November 9, 2021, 10:50:14 am »
We just went through a massive streak in the league starting from last season, everyone has a blip now and then, even in our best ever league win we did, only issue is when we blip we tend to do it over a period, so it is all about whether we can now grind out a few of the harder ones and get back on a streak again.

I never really pay much attention to the table until Christmas, if we can stay within a reasonable amount by then we will still be well in the fight but chelsea are not invincible, they will blip too, just as good a chance of us being a few points clear in a month or so if Klopp gets everyone solid again. Everything is still up for grabs to whoever wants it the most.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5338 on: November 9, 2021, 10:56:20 am »
I think I'm probably the opposite. Chelsea got against Burnley what has been brewing for a while. They're not particularly dominant and I know we keep talking about underlying numbers, xg, xga etc etc, but everything points to them being in a bit of an undeserved position and that despite the recent losses.....ourselves and City are the two standout teams this season.

Hope you are right and it's City. Because neither of us are the 97+ teams we were and I'd fancy us in a mad slug fest of a title race. Injuries is going to be the key. Most of our problems are stability and consistency in selection with this system tweak we are playing as far as I can see. I'm a wuss so still inclined to be a bit more conservative until we have all heads available. Wish we still had that extra gear of controlled intensity we had from 2018-2020 too, we were so savvy in managing games - still calling some PTSD from last season, we've let in-game momentum effect us too much this month - when we are up, we are untouchable and when teams turn us around we aren't suffering well. None of it isn't fixable, we just come off 25 games unbeaten, 18 wins - you'd swear it was a crisis the way I go on. Just eye of the tiger stuff to be boring about it - it'll come.     

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5339 on: November 9, 2021, 12:08:19 pm »
Can't help but feel the balance of the team with the current squad, circumstances, and set-up doesn't work. Elliott being unavailable plus Keita and Thiago being unavailable and their general misfortune has meant lots of games with a third midfielder that we'd rather not be playing quite as regularly or giving as many minutes to. Would the balance of the team and quality on the pitch be greater with three at the back? I think it would but depends on a few factors unknown to us, so hard to say with any certainty. Essentially would we better off playing with our 3rd choice centre back instead of our 5th or 6th or 7th choice central midfielder? I think we'd have more quality on the pitch and better team balance.

Its not a massive tweak and becomes a question of would we rather see Konate or Gomez or Phillips instead of Jones or Chamberlain? Funnily enough I think it could mimic a lot of the role that Gini had where he'd often act like an auxiliary centre back in recycling possession, playing low risk/high % passes, winning duels, staying deep, moving with the team/ball rather than in advance of, and greater physical mobility.

I'm not sure a third centre back is the solution. What has been clear is that our x2 no.8's this season have been more attacking and tend to hug the touchlines which leaves us exposed through the centre. Both Henderson and Oxlade are closer to the touchlines than being within proximity of Fabinho. Inasmuch as Thiago can be vulnerable, I felt that our best combination (and I think the last 10 games of last season bears this out) is Fabinho, Thiago and one other (Henderson / Keita).We do miss Gini (he kept it simple by circulating the ball, closing channels and providing cover - his football intelligence being his strongest attribute). This season, our midfield is set up differently on the right with Henderson being pushed a lot wider and TAA tucking in to midfield a lot more. I think keeping the left as is and Thiago coming in as a starter will still allow for Henderson to push wide, be closer to Fabinho thereby exert the control in the midfield we have let slip away (in the sense of giving up counter attacks a lot more than in previous structures).

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #5340 on: November 9, 2021, 01:11:46 pm »
I'm not sure a third centre back is the solution. What has been clear is that our x2 no.8's this season have been more attacking and tend to hug the touchlines which leaves us exposed through the centre. Both Henderson and Oxlade are closer to the touchlines than being within proximity of Fabinho. Inasmuch as Thiago can be vulnerable, I felt that our best combination (and I think the last 10 games of last season bears this out) is Fabinho, Thiago and one other (Henderson / Keita).We do miss Gini (he kept it simple by circulating the ball, closing channels and providing cover - his football intelligence being his strongest attribute). This season, our midfield is set up differently on the right with Henderson being pushed a lot wider and TAA tucking in to midfield a lot more. I think keeping the left as is and Thiago coming in as a starter will still allow for Henderson to push wide, be closer to Fabinho thereby exert the control in the midfield we have let slip away (in the sense of giving up counter attacks a lot more than in previous structures).

True, I don't think a back three is ideal long term. I think its partially personal frustration, would've really liked to have seen more of Konate, Gomez, and Phillips, allow them to develop more, rather than give gametime to Chamberlain and less gametime to Jones (not because I don't rate him but because I think he's had more minutes than his current level can manage). Also a matter of consistency, we haven't been able to put a regular midfield trio together all season due to availability issues, yet we've had all centre backs available for the vast majority of the season.

I think in the current system, we're re-learning a lot of game management habits and have been making lots of basic positional discipline errors, so with greater discipline and better positioning, the problems we've had should decrease. Its been painful watching the gaps in the team, pushing up overzealously, and single passes cutting through the team without zero difficulty.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #5341 on: November 9, 2021, 04:42:02 pm »

This is what I've been saying.  We're as good as we've ever been under Klopp in an attacking sense.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5342 on: November 11, 2021, 07:28:31 pm »
Not sure if that has been posted on the forum, but Ralf Rangnick talking about Klopp.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EJ7zEahtgpA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EJ7zEahtgpA</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #5343 on: November 12, 2021, 10:17:16 am »
Not sure if that has been posted on the forum, but Ralf Rangnick talking about Klopp.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EJ7zEahtgpA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EJ7zEahtgpA</a>

"A liitle bit of pressing is like being a little bit pregnant. You're either pregnant or you're not" Ole likes this
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 03:40:47 pm by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #5344 on: November 12, 2021, 03:36:54 pm »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-boris-johnson-jibe-25441817

Jurgen Klopp admits he finds it "incredible" that Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is the UK's Prime Minister as he made his feelings clear on the global political situation.

Jurgen Klopp's "incredible" Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson jibe and baffled "haircut" remark

Jurgen Klopp has not been shy in making his feelings known on politicians and their decisions and has hit out at Prime Minister Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson as well as Nigel Frottage

Jurgen Klopp admits he finds it "incredible" that Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is the UK's Prime Minister as he made his feelings clear on the global political situation.

The Liverpool boss has not been shy in airing his views on issues beyond football.

Klopp was very much pro EU and has spoken out against the possible affects of Brexit.

Since the referendum Johnson has taken over as leader of the Conservative party, replacing Theresa May.

The MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip is a divisive character who has seen many of his key decisions criticised.

Klopp concedes the role of the PM is not an easy one but questioned how Johnson remains in charge whilst also poking fun at his hair do.

“ That’s probably why not a lot of people fancy it because it’s pretty intense and when you have a few days holiday everybody says ‘well you should solve that now’.

“It’s not an easy job to do.”

“But that’s why we have to find a system where we can bring people in the position to solve all our problems [who] are the best possible people and not the most funny or the weirdest haircut or whatever.

You can make a mistake but you have to learn off it and hopefully we [can] learn. There are people out there definitely, we just have to give them a platform.”

Donald Trump being elected into the White House was arguably an even more controversial choice, although the American has since been replaced by Joe Biden.

In the UK however Johnson and former UKIP leader Nigel Frottage continue to influence some of the country's major decisions, both men playing pivotal roles in the Vote Leave campaign back in 2016.

Klopp remains baffled as to how such individuals are allowed to be in positions of power.

“Why do we let people like Frottage and Johnson lead any kind of group of people in any direction?” he added.

Obviously people with common sense are not needed or used at least in this town.

“They should be but that’s the problem, the people we vote for or the whole system that gives us opportunity to vote for these kinds of people.

“I have to say at the last two elections, first with Donald Trump and [then with] Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, that’s really a bad sign for the whole world that this can happen because everybody knew beforehand that it will not work but we still let it happen as a society and I cannot believe that."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5345 on: November 12, 2021, 05:49:29 pm »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-boris-johnson-jibe-25441817

Jurgen Klopp's "incredible" Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson jibe and baffled "haircut" remark

Jurgen Klopp has not been shy in making his feelings known on politicians and their decisions and has hit out at Prime Minister Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson as well as Nigel Frottage

The Liverpool boss has not been shy in airing his views on issues beyond football.

Klopp was very much pro EU and has spoken out against the possible affects of Brexit.

Since the referendum Johnson has taken over as leader of the Conservative party, replacing Theresa May.

The MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip is a divisive character who has seen many of his key decisions criticised.

Klopp concedes the role of the PM is not an easy one but questioned how Johnson remains in charge whilst also poking fun at his hair do.

“ That’s probably why not a lot of people fancy it because it’s pretty intense and when you have a few days holiday everybody says ‘well you should solve that now’.

“It’s not an easy job to do.”

“But that’s why we have to find a system where we can bring people in the position to solve all our problems [who] are the best possible people and not the most funny or the weirdest haircut or whatever.

You can make a mistake but you have to learn off it and hopefully we [can] learn. There are people out there definitely, we just have to give them a platform.”

Donald Trump being elected into the White House was arguably an even more controversial choice, although the American has since been replaced by Joe Biden.

In the UK however Johnson and former UKIP leader Nigel Frottage continue to influence some of the country's major decisions, both men playing pivotal roles in the Vote Leave campaign back in 2016.

Klopp remains baffled as to how such individuals are allowed to be in positions of power.

“Why do we let people like Frottage and Johnson lead any kind of group of people in any direction?” he added.

Obviously people with common sense are not needed or used at least in this town.

“They should be but that’s the problem, the people we vote for or the whole system that gives us opportunity to vote for these kinds of people.

“I have to say at the last two elections, first with Donald Trump and [then with] Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, that’s really a bad sign for the whole world that this can happen because everybody knew beforehand that it will not work but we still let it happen as a society and I cannot believe that."

That is from this podcast:

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/the-midpoint-with/jürgen-klopp-EMe92Ni3Gqw/

(Mid-Point podcast with Gabby Logan - link above is broken)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #5346 on: November 12, 2021, 08:23:15 pm »
I hope he used Boris's full name as a piss take .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5347 on: November 13, 2021, 12:15:57 am »
That is from this podcast:

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/the-midpoint-with/jürgen-klopp-EMe92Ni3Gqw/

(Mid-Point podcast with Gabby Logan - link above is broken)

This one works,he's on from the off.

https://open.spotify.com/show/3IcyFQRnuPp7ZLg7xP0NxR
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #5348 on: November 22, 2021, 02:39:44 am »
Not sure if anyone wants to do a cut/paste from fbref but we currently have the top 4 attackers in the league.  Granted Firmino is on really low minutes now but still, by almost any metric we’re as good as we’ve ever been from an attack standpoint.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5349 on: December 1, 2021, 01:14:02 pm »
Striking.

https://twitter.com/StatsBomb/status/1465281749894717445/photo/1

(In response to your suggestion Dave, some others did it for us.)

Offline BassTunedToRed

• Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #5350 on: December 1, 2021, 02:55:19 pm »
Nice to see Phil Neal at the bottom of the expected goals chart  ;)

Fair play to Michail Antonio for featuring highly on both xG and xA, and clearly rumours of Andy Robertson's demise have been overstated..

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #5351 on: December 1, 2021, 06:36:09 pm »
Striking.

https://twitter.com/StatsBomb/status/1465281749894717445/photo/1

(In response to your suggestion Dave, some others did it for us.)

We're just really fucking good.  It's unfortunate that a coin flip over 180 minutes in the CL or some good or bad bounces while some of our best players are away at AFCON will be the decider in how a lot of our fans think of this season.

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #5352 on: December 3, 2021, 02:51:52 am »
Liverpool became the first English top-flight side ever to score two-or-more goals in 18 straight matches in all competitions.

They also became the first to bag at least two goals in 14 consecutive games away from home.

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5353 on: December 3, 2021, 06:55:23 am »
Teams will celebrate losing by only one to us .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #5354 on: December 3, 2021, 07:08:04 am »
If we'd scored one more goal in our first 14 games, our average goals per game would be π (to 2 decimal places).
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5355 on: December 3, 2021, 07:34:07 am »
I think the plan for the league is to score 120 goals and hope enough of them are in January.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5356 on: December 3, 2021, 07:53:29 am »
Impressive that we aren't leaking loads too. Usually it's really hard to get the balance. There's no doubt injuries and afcon will determine if we finish top or not. If we had our first choice Xv available for every game from here in then I'm convinced we win the league. 
Though I guess if every team had their best players available all season there might be some tougher games.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5357 on: December 3, 2021, 08:07:37 am »
We're just really fucking good.  It's unfortunate that a coin flip over 180 minutes in the CL or some good or bad bounces while some of our best players are away at AFCON will be the decider in how a lot of our fans think of this season.

That’s very true. We look incredible at times but you can’t say with certainty that we’ll get what we deserve this season. The title race should be very good but having not read this thread in a while I think I agree with Roy said at the top of this page that maybe the CL is our best chance this season.

Either way, we just need to do what we did in 18/19 I think. Just stay in the mix as long as possible in both competitions and see what happens.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #5358 on: December 3, 2021, 09:41:56 am »
Impressive that we aren't leaking loads too. Usually it's really hard to get the balance. There's no doubt injuries and afcon will determine if we finish top or not. If we had our first choice Xv available for every game from here in then I'm convinced we win the league. 
Though I guess if every team had their best players available all season there might be some tougher games.

There's obviously a very long way to go but our goal difference is currently 2.21 per game.

Only five times in the Premier League in the last 25 years has a team finished above 1.75 (and four of them were in the last four seasons).

City in 2017/18 are the record holders, and the only team to top two (with 2.08).

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #5359 on: December 3, 2021, 12:35:43 pm »
Doesn't need a graph but you like to see it regardless.

:D