Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2866798 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #18120 on: December 7, 2021, 10:17:13 am »
It takes both parties to want to keep a player though. For all we know FSG may want to cash in on Mo this summer when his value will be huge. It isn't just about wages. There is the question of the transfer fee FSG could expect.

They are unlikely to want to give all three of Bobby, Sadio and Mo new deals. So from a purely fiscal point of view Mo is likely to bring in the most money to the coffers. All of a sudden demanding that the club is run as a business as some posters do doesn't look so clever.

Its pretty clear they’re trying to keep him - we know from almost every source including the manager and the player negotiations have been happening for a while
What’s the evidence that their idea is to cash in on him this summer … if that was their motivation they’d have done it last summer as that was the last chance to maximize the sale price

Whether he ends up leaving in the summer or not is still to be decided but it’s disingenuous to argue that would be a ‘cashing in’ - it would happen if they can’t come to an agreement (which is down to both sides) and the club decides letting him go for nothing would be untenable

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18121 on: December 7, 2021, 10:43:08 am »
I’m surprised it’s been two the least known players in Chucherella (Brighton) and Ait-Nouri (wolves) that have kept mo “quiet” this season.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #18122 on: December 7, 2021, 11:16:43 am »
Interesting,  in the interview you're quoting from, Salah mentions that he enjoys playing in colder climates and doesn't like playing in warmer climates, Something about being able to run more in colder climates and less in warmer climates.

He clearly wants to go to Russia to reunite with his BFF.

The whole interview is great, albeit with some odd questions like what characteristics he most likes in women!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18123 on: December 7, 2021, 11:19:37 am »

There's really little point in speculating. We don't know what he is asking for or what the club is offering. Any negotiation typically involves a gap between what the player wants and what the club wants in terms of salary and length of contract. I have no doubt that Salah wants to stay and that the club want him but as ever it comes down to business. I'm equally sure that Salah would accept less from us than what he could get at PSG or City but we don't know how much less nor do we know how long a contract he wants. He is 31 so it's not entirely straightforward.

The club know full well that without him we won't win the League or Champions League but that doesn't mean a blank cheque either as that may well compromise future transfers for the length of Mo's next contract.

As fans let's just hope they get it done.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #18124 on: December 7, 2021, 11:21:14 am »
:( I thought he meant an announcement was imminent
No, just an Alouncement
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #18125 on: December 7, 2021, 11:23:35 am »
There's really little point in speculating. We don't know what he is asking for or what the club is offering. Any negotiation typically involves a gap between what the player wants and what the club wants in terms of salary and length of contract. I have no doubt that Salah wants to stay and that the club want him but as ever it comes down to business. I'm equally sure that Salah would accept less from us than what he could get at PSG or City but we don't know how much less nor do we know how long a contract he wants. He is 31 so it's not entirely straightforward.

The club know full well that without him we won't win the League or Champions League but that doesn't mean a blank cheque either as that may well compromise future transfers for the length of Mo's next contract.

He's 29
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18126 on: December 7, 2021, 11:23:48 am »

Mo not be pleased you have put two years on him mate !!

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18127 on: December 7, 2021, 11:58:15 am »

Apologies, I meant he will be 31 at the end of his current contract. My bad!

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18128 on: December 7, 2021, 12:10:47 pm »
To think there were people in the summer arguing (with a straight face) that we should sell him to fund Sancho.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18129 on: December 7, 2021, 12:11:34 pm »
You resigned to losing him then ?

They're sorting a contract, not a Trade Agreement with the EU, so the length of time doesn't fill me with confidence.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #18130 on: December 7, 2021, 12:12:48 pm »
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #18131 on: December 7, 2021, 12:16:53 pm »
I’m surprised it’s been two the least known players in Chucherella (Brighton) and Ait-Nouri (wolves) that have kept mo “quiet” this season.

I think Curcurella and Ait-Nouri would be 2 players who would interest us if we didn't already have 2 very good left backs. Both look excellent players and based on their performances this season are probably 2 of the best left backs playing in the PL. They aren't well known but I think both could be playing for much bigger clubs in next 2 years.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #18132 on: December 7, 2021, 12:40:39 pm »
Its pretty clear they’re trying to keep him - we know from almost every source including the manager and the player negotiations have been happening for a while
What’s the evidence that their idea is to cash in on him this summer … if that was their motivation they’d have done it last summer as that was the last chance to maximize the sale price

Whether he ends up leaving in the summer or not is still to be decided but it’s disingenuous to argue that would be a ‘cashing in’ - it would happen if they can’t come to an agreement (which is down to both sides) and the club decides letting him go for nothing would be untenable

I haven't said they are trying to cash in on him.

What I have said is that it isn't as simple as Mo's wage demands which is the point I am answering. There is also the question of his transfer value to be added into the equation.

A good example is the Red Sox another Club or in the case of the Red Sox franchise they own. They renewed 32-year-old Chris Sale's contract and gave him a 5 year $145m deal. Reportedly the kind of money Mo wants.

That is a much simpler calculation than Mo's though. Mo's wages simply cannot be looked at in isolation. You have to factor in his transfer value as well. These are hypothetical figures but say Mo wants 400k a week over 5 years that is £100m if he sees out his new deal. Or £20m a season. If you add in a potential loss of say a £100m transfer fee in the summer suddenly the cost is £40m a season.

If you are looking at it from a financial point of view then does it make more sense to sell Mo and bring in one of the high profile forwards who will be available in the summer on a free. Players who are younger and have the potential to be sold in the future for huge transfer fees.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #18133 on: December 7, 2021, 12:41:37 pm »
I think Curcurella and Ait-Nouri would be 2 players who would interest us if we didn't already have 2 very good left backs. Both look excellent players and based on their performances this season are probably 2 of the best left backs playing in the PL. They aren't well known but I think both could be playing for much bigger clubs in next 2 years.

Ait-Nouri has looked very good whenever I've seen him. Very good going forward as well but we obviously didn't get to see that due to their tactics.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #18134 on: December 7, 2021, 01:11:55 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #18135 on: December 7, 2021, 01:30:39 pm »

If you are looking at it from a financial point of view then does it make more sense to sell Mo and bring in one of the high profile forwards who will be available in the summer on a free. Players who are younger and have the potential to be sold in the future for huge transfer fees.

Sure but that's not how we operate.
What you've written here is true of about 7 of our players.
We've got a group of players that now cost us a lot more in wages, whose value has greatly increased and whose value will be decreasing the longer we keep them on the books and who could be replaced more cheaply - its pretty clear from their recent decisions that maximising financial value on the players isn't the clubs chief motivation

I get the point your making about his transfer value in the wage conversation and maybe it puts a ceiling on what they can offer him ... however a number of factors do that.
As I've written more than once - people (including Salah) keep saying 'pay him what he's worth' but the context is he's already clearly the highest paid player in the squad (and in our history) and a) is almost certainly getting offered more and b) almost certainly would be able to get a higher wage elsewhere
So to me it will come down to him accepting less wage than he can get elsewhere... if he doesn't do that he won't stay and I can't see anyway the club can solve that problem.

His transfer value is only a factor now if he rejects their best offer...  in that case they can't let him leave for free in 18 months because that is maybe an 80 million hit or something and that's surely beyond what the club could responsibly tolerate

« Last Edit: December 7, 2021, 01:32:14 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #18136 on: December 7, 2021, 01:47:15 pm »
I get the whole market value argument, but it still bugs me when a player says 'if the decision is up to me, I want to stay in Liverpool', when they actually mean 'if the decision is up to me, I want to stay in Liverpool, providing they pay me what I've decided I want'.

Is he the best player in the world? Or close to, given subjective arguments..

Are we one of the biggest clubs in the world of football?

Both yes, so you have to pay a reasonable "market rate". FSG have nowhere to hide on that. Its not like Klopp has 2 or 3 years spare to train up a replacement.

If a big new contract means Mané is sold and a younger player brought in, on lower wages then fine, but you have to keep Salah to power the remaining Klopp years.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #18137 on: December 7, 2021, 01:51:27 pm »
Sure but that's not how we operate.
What you've written here is true of about 7 of our players.
We've got a group of players that now cost us a lot more in wages, whose value has greatly increased and whose value will be decreasing the longer we keep them on the books and who could be replaced more cheaply - its pretty clear from their recent decisions that maximising financial value on the players isn't the clubs chief motivation

I think one of the key points is that three of those players are our current front three/four with Jota. That makes things more difficult. I agree that maximising the financial value of players isn't the primary motivation. It will be a key element though but will almost certainly offset by what the analysts think each player will contribute to our success.

I get the point your making about his transfer value in the wage conversation and maybe it puts a ceiling on what they can offer him ... however a number of factors do that.
As I've written more than once - people (including Salah) keep saying 'pay him what he's worth' but the context is he's already clearly the highest paid player in the squad (and in our history) and a) is almost certainly getting offered more and b) almost certainly would be able to get a higher wage elsewhere
So to me it will come down to him accepting less wage than he can get elsewhere... if he doesn't do that he won't stay and I can't see anyway the club can solve that problem.

His transfer value is only a factor now if he rejects their best offer...  in that case they can't let him leave for free in 18 months because that is maybe an 80 million hit or something and that's surely beyond what the club could responsibly tolerate

We had no problem letting the likes of Can and Gini running their deals down though. As I say it is a complex calculation not made any easier by the high profile attackers available on frees in the summer.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #18138 on: December 7, 2021, 02:17:03 pm »
I think one of the key points is that three of those players are our current front three/four with Jota. That makes things more difficult. I agree that maximising the financial value of players isn't the primary motivation. It will be a key element though but will almost certainly offset by what the analysts think each player will contribute to our success.

We had no problem letting the likes of Can and Gini running their deals down though. As I say it is a complex calculation not made any easier by the high profile attackers available on frees in the summer.

None of these high profile attackers are 'free' though. And it is only Mbappe who is out of contract right?

You would be paying that through agent fees plus a huge signing on fee.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #18139 on: December 7, 2021, 02:23:38 pm »
Is he the best player in the world? Or close to, given subjective arguments..

Are we one of the biggest clubs in the world of football?

Both yes, so you have to pay a reasonable "market rate". FSG have nowhere to hide on that. Its not like Klopp has 2 or 3 years spare to train up a replacement.

If a big new contract means Mané is sold and a younger player brought in, on lower wages then fine, but you have to keep Salah to power the remaining Klopp years.

That's not what I'm saying.  Just that it's about money, and Salah won't say that in interviews.  He just says he wants to stay and it's up to others to sort it, but the bottom line is that he wants a massive increase on his wages and it's not getting sorted because of that.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #18140 on: December 7, 2021, 02:52:59 pm »
looking forward to the next time Mo does something funky on the pitch so this thread can take a break from the same old shite about his new contract

let's be honest... no one on here knows a thing about his contract and all the perspectives have been done to death

if you're anxious, phone a counsellor

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #18141 on: December 7, 2021, 02:58:47 pm »
I think Curcurella and Ait-Nouri would be 2 players who would interest us
And the good thing about Ait Nouri is we can sneakily sub him on at half-time for Jones and not even the ref will notice; ergo an extra sub
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #18142 on: December 7, 2021, 02:59:15 pm »
looking forward to the next time Mo does something funky on the pitch so this thread can take a break from the same old shite about his new contract

let's be honest... no one on here knows a thing about his contract and all the perspectives have been done to death

if you're anxious, phone a counsellor
This

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #18143 on: December 7, 2021, 02:59:52 pm »
He does something funky every game, it still doesn't stop them  :(
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #18144 on: December 7, 2021, 05:47:51 pm »
That's not what I'm saying.  Just that it's about money, and Salah won't say that in interviews.  He just says he wants to stay and it's up to others to sort it, but the bottom line is that he wants a massive increase on his wages and it's not getting sorted because of that.

Yes I mean this is obvious. It's totally about Money. At the top of sport, it nearly always is.
But he is worth the money. I mean we are all going round in circles here. We unearthed then refined a player who for a period of 3-4 years will sail above Messi and Ronaldo on output and vigour on the pitch.
We now have to pay for him, now that he's elevated in fame and achievement.

For years people tell me on here "we can't sign X, we can't Y", well we SIGNED Mo Salah, unleashed him to the top table, and now we're going to let him go, to achieve from 29-34 elsewhere?

I personally don't think so and perhaps Klopp doesn't either.

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #18145 on: December 7, 2021, 07:32:50 pm »
So many discussions about money numbers that we don't know for sure. I could be totally off, but to me both things are of real importance - pay Salah what he's worth and do not break the wage structure. If I had to chose between the two, I'd chose the latter, I want to watch that club being successful forever. But I don't even think that the choice is between those two options. Perhaps the club is trying to find a way to maintain the wage structure while giving Salah a beefy raise. Think Image rights, ambassadorial role, whatever. (Or a straight cut from the cocaine shipment :).) There are much smarter people than me who'd know how to do that.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #18146 on: December 7, 2021, 08:56:54 pm »
Salah does another funky thing. Guaranteed 20+ goals per season for him, season after season. That's something we do know for certain.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18147 on: December 7, 2021, 08:59:25 pm »
Salah does another funky thing. Guaranteed 20+ goals per season for him, season after season. That's something we do know for certain.
We know pace goals don't count, and I think that reaction goals fall in the same category. Take the penalties out, and he's like 5-10 goals a season striker. Very poor return on the investment...

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18148 on: December 7, 2021, 09:03:34 pm »
We know pace goals don't count, and I think that reaction goals fall in the same category. Take the penalties out, and he's like 5-10 goals a season striker. Very poor return on the investment...
Yeah but take out the ones where the defenders fall over or run into each other as well .... I mean is he worth the shirt?

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #18149 on: December 7, 2021, 10:12:53 pm »
Funk off with that sensible statement!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #18150 on: December 7, 2021, 10:18:23 pm »
Mind boggling the numbers he's putting up. His all round game is so good as well. Has left backs absolutely terrified and afraid of their own shadow from minute one.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #18151 on: December 7, 2021, 10:19:16 pm »
His quickest season to 20 goals in all comps. 8)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #18152 on: December 7, 2021, 11:07:50 pm »
Hope he can get to 40+ in all comps again this season, the scoring record is just freaky.

Fuck the fucking AFCON  :-X
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #18153 on: December 7, 2021, 11:07:53 pm »
His quickest season to 20 goals in all comps. 8)

How purple is this purple patch?

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #18154 on: December 7, 2021, 11:11:23 pm »
His strike tonight for his goal was sheer class. He made it look like a tap in. He is on another level.
#JFT97

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18155 on: December 7, 2021, 11:16:14 pm »
He made it look like a tap in.
it was.

for him. :)

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18156 on: December 7, 2021, 11:24:23 pm »
How purple is this purple patch?
Blowing from hot to cold, Salah goes through 50 shades of purple.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18157 on: December 8, 2021, 12:35:19 am »
Thing is he's a much better player now than in his first 44 goal season. The assists and all round link up play has been epic to watch. This is the purplest patch yet.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #18158 on: December 8, 2021, 12:58:41 am »
I actually think without his quick thinking and skill to control Virgil's cross field pass and push it perfectly ahead away from the Wolves defence, that goal aint happening.

It's world-class decision making and execution that is winning us points from nothing. And a lot of that is solely due to Mo.
Divock's getting all the praise for his turn and finish, and rightly so.
But he's trained to execute that. It's standard fare for a striker near the 6 yard box.

But what Mo did to connect Virg and Div. Now that's the difference. And not many other players would/could have done it.

Mo Salah, Mo Salah, Mo Salah
Runnin' down the wing
Salah, la, la, la, la, ahh
Egyptian King
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #18159 on: December 8, 2021, 01:07:13 am »
Watching that interview, it seems pretty clear that he wants to stay in the Premier League, as it is the best, strongest, most broadcasted etc. league in the world. So who can afford him in the PL? City, Chelsea, MU and Newcastle. If he wants to play in one of those teams we cannot do anything to make him stay. Thing is, I think he realises how different those clubs are to Liverpool. He is a member of a tight-knit and loving family here, and I think he will find that the grass isn't greener anywhere else if he decides to leave.

Just ask Phil! Mo Salah will finish his career with us. We will ride the waves but we'll make a deal that suits. Image rights, all that shit, I bet Nike are itching to do a deal with Mo. He genuinely loves the club. It suits him. And He has bigger hills to climb.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same