Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1916565 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Newcastle United - RIP Jamal Khashoggi
« Reply #19600 on: May 14, 2022, 11:54:37 am »
1971 - PIF founded as part of the Saudi Ministry of Finance
Whoosh

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19601 on: May 14, 2022, 12:00:55 pm »
Jordan Henderson has won more major trophies in his career at LFC than NUFC have in the period since 1927.

NUFC the club that lists the Texaco Cup and the Anglo Italian cup as part of it's major honours, along with the times they've finished runners up in the different competitions. Talk about padding it out.

Thats what makes them so ripe for the sports wash.
A deluded, desperate fanbase willing to put up with anything to get the success they crave and believe they deserve.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19602 on: May 14, 2022, 12:19:46 pm »
Newcastle having a white away kit really doesn't make much sense. There aren't that many teams playing in white or black to begin with, so bar Bournemouth I fail to see where to use it unless they roll it out for any game no matter if they are at a red or blue team. They obviously can't use it at Tottenham or Fulham.

Hopefully the c*nts get relegated several times for financial irregularities, along with the other sports washing c*nts, then they can wear it at Notts County away

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19603 on: May 15, 2022, 02:35:21 pm »
Celtic are a much bigger club than Newcastle, and of course aren't owned by human rights abusing warmongering barbarians.

Indeed, our Celtic friends make that point in this article, together with some cutting observations on Eddie Howe.

https://www.football365.com/news/feature-john-nichlson-whats-so-great-about-celtic-ange-postecoglou

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #19604 on: May 20, 2022, 02:47:57 pm »
nice guy eddie, eh

cos eddie howe continually plays the dumb card when asked about the regime backing his club with the 'just football' stance, tho in reality it's just a version of acquiescence, at least now he's shown his hand more openly - from the bbc:

The green and white design has been criticised because of its similarities to the Saudi Arabia national team kit. Last week, Amnesty International said Newcastle wearing the shirt would be "clear evidence" of sportswashing by the Saudi state. Newcastle were taken over in October by a Saudi Arabian-backed consortium. The Premier League approved the takeover after receiving "legally binding assurances" that the Saudi state would not control the club.

"I'm aware of the criticisms. I think from my perspective it's not something I've had any control over," said Howe. "We were very aware when we went to Saudi Arabia that the interest in Newcastle is huge. I know I'm making an assumption here but our kit manufacturers have probably acknowledged that, and hence why we've ended up where we are."

if he did have any shred of respect from football fans, surely that has been washed away with that utter bollocks

utter c*nt, taking blood money, now making pathetic excuses for the sportswashers that are, quite frankly, embarrassing not only in nature but has the finesse of a 5 year old lying

nice guy eddie, eh

ah, the similarity is uncanny...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 02:36:22 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #19605 on: May 20, 2022, 02:51:27 pm »
nice guy eddie, eh

cos eddie howe continually plays the dumb card when asked about the regime backing his club with the 'just football' stance, tho in reality it's just a version of acquiescence

at least now he's shown his hand more openly -

The green and white design has been criticised because of its similarities to the Saudi Arabia national team kit.

Last week, Amnesty International said Newcastle wearing the shirt would be "clear evidence" of sportswashing by the Saudi state.
Newcastle were taken over in October by a Saudi Arabian-backed consortium. The Premier League approved the takeover after receiving "legally binding assurances" that the Saudi state would not control the club.
"I'm aware of the criticisms. I think from my perspective it's not something I've had any control over," said Howe.
"We were very aware when we went to Saudi Arabia that the interest in Newcastle is huge. I know I'm making an assumption here but our kit manufacturers have probably acknowledged that, and hence why we've ended up where we are."

if he did have any shred of respect from football fans, surely that has been washed away with that utter bollocks

utter c*nt, taking blood money, now making pathetic excuses for the sportswashers that are, quite frankly, embarrassing not only in nature but has the finese of a 5 year old lying

:lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #19606 on: May 20, 2022, 02:57:36 pm »
nice guy eddie, eh

cos eddie howe continually plays the dumb card when asked about the regime backing his club with the 'just football' stance, tho in reality it's just a version of acquiescence

at least now he's shown his hand more openly - from the bbc:

The green and white design has been criticised because of its similarities to the Saudi Arabia national team kit. Last week, Amnesty International said Newcastle wearing the shirt would be "clear evidence" of sportswashing by the Saudi state. Newcastle were taken over in October by a Saudi Arabian-backed consortium. The Premier League approved the takeover after receiving "legally binding assurances" that the Saudi state would not control the club.

"I'm aware of the criticisms. I think from my perspective it's not something I've had any control over," said Howe. "We were very aware when we went to Saudi Arabia that the interest in Newcastle is huge. I know I'm making an assumption here but our kit manufacturers have probably acknowledged that, and hence why we've ended up where we are."

utter c*nt, taking blood money, now making pathetic excuses for the sportswashers that are, quite frankly, embarrassing not only in nature but has the finese of a 5 year old lying
Yeah, Cos I'm sure they were all Newcastle fans in Saudi Arabia and clearly not because the government is likely telling them to be.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19607 on: May 20, 2022, 03:16:28 pm »
Yeah Eddie,you just keep on concentrating on the football and leave those politics out of it,there's a good boy.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19608 on: May 20, 2022, 03:31:16 pm »
He won't be there for long anyway. Once they start spending big and recruiting staff, he'll be out the door to make way for someone like Mourinho or Simeone. Then they can also start rehearsing the same scripts that Howe is reading off.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19609 on: May 22, 2022, 06:32:04 am »

From BBC:s gossip column.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19610 on: May 22, 2022, 06:46:21 am »
essence of the story is in the headline, no meat really

The Cabinet Office has admitted the Prime Minister communicated over Newcastle’s takeover with a special advisor on Saudi Arabia, but is refusing to release emails and messages they shared. In its response to this newspaper’s freedom of information request, 10 Downing Street claimed that revealing the correspondence could undermine the UK’s role in the Middle East.

The letter to this newspaper said: ‘The Cabinet Office recognises there is a general public interest in openness. We have weighed that interest against a stronger public interest in the United Kingdom being able successfully to pursue our national interests.

‘Releasing information which was shared with the UK on a confidential basis could undermine the UK’s role in the Middle East region and elsewhere. If we want to continue to play an influencing role, then our bilateral relationships need to be protected.’

The Premier League finally agreed to allow the sale of Newcastle in October 2021 after months of wrangling, when it ruled that Saudi Crown Prince, Mohammed bin Salman, who is accused by US intelligence of approving the operation to capture or kill the murdered journalist Jamal Khashoggi, would not have to submit himself to the owners’ and directors’ test.

It is known Bin Salman personally contacted Johnson in June 2020, warning him in a text that Anglo-Saudi relations would be damaged unless the Ł300m sale to the wealth fund PIF was approved. Bin Salman is chairman of PIF, which owns 80 per cent of Newcastle. He told Johnson then: ‘We expect the Premier League to reconsider and correct its wrong conclusion.’

could have went with the strap - dodgy c*nts grease themselves up for dodgy c*nts
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19611 on: May 22, 2022, 09:58:14 am »
True there's no meat and it's not unknown but to read that the Premier League didn't submit him to the owners’ and directors’ test and they've also approved the sale because the club isn't state owned but then also that Johnson was contacted prior to the sale of the club that Anglo-Saudi relations would be damaged unless the sale went through is really galling.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 10:26:17 am by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19612 on: May 22, 2022, 10:11:49 am »
if that is news to anyone, including their own fans, yes, it's jolting for sure and red flags the whole pile of bullshit revolving around our game and beyond

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19613 on: May 22, 2022, 10:12:39 am »
True there's no meat and it's unknown but to read that the Premier League didn't submit him to the owners’ and directors’ test and they've also approved the sale because the club isn't state owned but then also that Johnson was contacted prior to the sale of the club that Anglo-Saudi relations would be damaged unless the sale went through is really galling.

That last paragraph alone is meat.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #19614 on: May 22, 2022, 10:19:04 am »
Johnson wasn’t going to upset the red wall voters who voted for him either.
The man is a skunk. He stinks out every thing he touches, with his corruption.
“Slapping down Klopp” for saying look at “why” people booed, whilst telling the racists it was OK to boo players.
He knows if he keeps 35% of the country who are racists and gammons on his side, he gets a majority.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19615 on: May 22, 2022, 10:28:15 am »
if that is news to anyone, including their own fans, yes, it's jolting for sure and red flags the whole pile of bullshit revolving around our game and beyond

Sorry, meant to put not unknown. This and Man City and PSG, with their owner being in at UEFA, everything just stinks.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19616 on: May 22, 2022, 12:03:25 pm »
Under FIFA statues that 3rd-party interference from outside the FA should result in a ban

https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/4b2bac74655c7c13/original/viz2gmyb5x0pd24qrhrx-pdf.pdf

14 Member associations’ obligations
1. Member associations have the following obligations:
i) to manage their affairs independently and ensure that their own affairs are not influenced by any third parties in accordance with art. 19 of these Statutes;

19 Independence of member associations and their bodies
1. Each member association shall manage its affairs independently and without undue influence from third parties.

Have the FA not broken that by being influenced by the government to accept the bid?

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19617 on: May 22, 2022, 12:08:09 pm »
Under FIFA statues that 3rd-party interference from outside the FA should result in a ban

https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/4b2bac74655c7c13/original/viz2gmyb5x0pd24qrhrx-pdf.pdf

Have the FA not broken that by being influenced by the government to accept the bid?

Right but page 11 :

3 Human rights
FIFA is committed to respecting all internationally recognised human rights
and shall strive to promote the protection of these rights.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #19618 on: May 22, 2022, 12:32:57 pm »
Right but page 11 :

3 Human rights
FIFA is committed to respecting all internationally recognised human rights
and shall strive to promote the protection of these rights.

So they hold the WC in Qatar. Strange way of supporting Human rights.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19619 on: May 24, 2022, 09:07:59 am »
You have to laugh at the plaudits Howe is getting don't you? They literally postponed matches due to COVID, spent 100 million and then carried on with the season. Tactical masterclass from Edward.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #19620 on: May 24, 2022, 09:14:19 am »
You have to laugh at the plaudits Howe is getting don't you? They literally postponed matches due to COVID, spent 100 million and then carried on with the season. Tactical masterclass from Edward.
It's been bugging me for a while. Clearly forgetting the fact they spent 100M in the January window. He better enjoy it now cos he'll be gone in 18 months when they can get Sir Gareth in.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Believer

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19622 on: May 24, 2022, 09:30:05 pm »
Government got involved in the Saudi takeover according to David Conn

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/24/government-did-encourage-premier-league-to-approve-saudi-newcastle-takeover?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Thought as much, and said so at the time as did many others. The game in this country has been destroyed by these despotic oil states wanting to take it over.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19623 on: May 24, 2022, 09:43:46 pm »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/24/government-did-encourage-premier-league-to-approve-saudi-newcastle-takeover?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

I feel like this was known at the time - but the blatant corruption allowed this to be good.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19625 on: May 24, 2022, 09:52:47 pm »

Awful but most knew this was the case I think.

Thought as much, and said so at the time as did many others. The game in this country has been destroyed by these despotic oil states wanting to take it over.

Yep and enabled by the Premier League and the government; it's sickening.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #19626 on: May 25, 2022, 09:04:43 am »
A takeover of a traditional club by a human-rights abusing despotic regime hoping to use it as a Sportswashing vehicle, doing irreversible damage to the sport we love, and all encouraged and enabled by a Tory government.

Any Newcastle fan who has supported and continues to support this should hang their heads in shame. What a disgrace.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19627 on: May 25, 2022, 09:43:41 am »
Hopefully the confirmation of Boris and his cronies involvement will start to turn the tide of people accepting these sportswashing c*nts destroying the game.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #19628 on: May 25, 2022, 10:41:15 am »
A takeover of a traditional club by a human-rights abusing despotic regime hoping to use it as a Sportswashing vehicle, doing irreversible damage to the sport we love, and all encouraged and enabled by a Tory government.

Any Newcastle fan who has supported and continues to support this should hang their heads in shame. What a disgrace.

They genuinely don't care about any of this. Was in Newcastle for work 2 weeks ago and spoke to probably about 10 people about their ownership and they all don't give a shit who owns them as long as they are led to the promise land. Oh and the main response I got was "anyone is better than Mike Ashley. We've suffered enough. "

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19629 on: May 25, 2022, 11:02:04 am »
Hopefully the confirmation of Boris and his cronies involvement will start to turn the tide of people accepting these sportswashing c*nts destroying the game.

No chance!

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #19630 on: May 25, 2022, 11:23:03 am »
They genuinely don't care about any of this. Was in Newcastle for work 2 weeks ago and spoke to probably about 10 people about their ownership and they all don't give a shit who owns them as long as they are led to the promise land. Oh and the main response I got was "anyone is better than Mike Ashley. We've suffered enough. "
They act as if he was pulling a Hicks & Gillett on them the way they go on about him.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19631 on: May 25, 2022, 11:30:57 am »

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson during the furor over the Super League fiasco:

“These clubs are not just great global brands – of course they’re great global brands – they’re also clubs that have originated historically from their towns, from their cities, from their local communities. They should have a link with those fans, and with the fanbase in their community."

What an absolute gang of c*nts.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19632 on: May 25, 2022, 11:45:27 am »

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #19633 on: May 28, 2022, 09:25:50 am »

Just announced they will having preseason matches against Atalanta and Athletic Bilbao in July.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #19634 on: June 7, 2022, 03:58:53 pm »
Props to Rob Harris asking those golfers the questions that Eddie Howe (and Ped Guardiola) needs asking every single week:

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/1534178101294415873?s

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19635 on: June 7, 2022, 07:23:40 pm »
Props to Rob Harris asking those golfers the questions that Eddie Howe (and Ped Guardiola) needs asking every single week:

What an absolute shithouse of an answer. He might as well have said’ look, they’re paying me a fucking shit load and that’s all I care about’.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19636 on: June 7, 2022, 07:56:13 pm »

Pathetic answer.
Bit odd though that it's basically being restricted to golf. Heard similar being asked of Greg Norman, but very little elsewhere. Certainly not like the shit questions put to Ped and Howe.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19637 on: June 7, 2022, 08:19:10 pm »
Absolutely zero chance, look at how much that fat c*nt has gotten away with already. Not to mention football fans are complete hypocrites who don't give a shite, as long as Liverpool don't win.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19638 on: June 7, 2022, 11:33:56 pm »
Pathetic answer.
Bit odd though that it's basically being restricted to golf. Heard similar being asked of Greg Norman, but very little elsewhere. Certainly not like the shit questions put to Ped and Howe.

Probably because this is a step beyond buying clubs in established leagues and associations. Saudi Arabia are trying to take control of a whole sport.

Tiger Woods turned down hundreds of millions of dollars apparently. Good on him.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19639 on: June 8, 2022, 09:28:56 am »
Probably because this is a step beyond buying clubs in established leagues and associations. Saudi Arabia are trying to take control of a whole sport.

Tiger Woods turned down hundreds of millions of dollars apparently. Good on him.

Also with the nature of golf and with it being an individual sport, it's just more obviously about money. Players can move to Man City and get paid more than anywhere else, but they can claim it's more about playing at the highest level and having a greater chance of trophies etc.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.