Author Topic: Yet another Special Anfield night - Liverpool V Arsenal post game comments  (Read 90591 times)

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
Wow! What a night. I am only just calming down.
That game had everything.

We didn't start. Arsenal were fluent and threatening for the first half hour. The inevitability of Diaby's first goal and the prayers accompanying it, hoping that the night wouldn't continue like that.
The belief when Hyypia scored to turn the tide (What a fucking header that was!)
The sheer joy when Torres conjured up his magic and showed why people are gay for him.
The absolute dejection when Walcott squared to one of three players to tap in, what I thought, was the winning goal. Only to then see that utter sadness replaced by disbelief and ecstasy, a minute later, when Babel was awarded a penalty, which THE MAN duly and confidently slotted away.
Finally with a nerve-wracking minute left on the clock Babel surging past Fabregas to slot away the fourth to save everybody the agony of that last minute and give every Liverpool fan the relief to celebrate a famous victory.

Well played everyone. I don't think I will come down for a week.

On a side note: I have just listened to Wenger on SSN. What a c*nt. The man has no class. How glad I am that I support a club with integrity and respect. Up the Redmen and lets have the Chelsea for the third time in three years and show them again what a big club is capable of.

EDIT: Can I also just add what confident professionalism and dignity that Gerrard showed himself in the post-match interview. I was very impressed. Good on ya!
« Last Edit: April 8, 2008, 11:04:39 pm by Dodgydon »
It is most odd.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Just seen the replay 100% dive for Babel.

He's brought off balance. Haven't heard anyone neutral say it was a dive yet. They say it was clumsy defending by Toure. My immediate reaction was penalty, just as it was when Hleb was brought down last week, btw.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow

:lmao :lmao :lmao
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
:) Great game, great performance, great win.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
hhaah fuck off you c*nt

Bet your one of the twats that think it was a pen last week for hleb, grow up. Hleb's wasn't and babel was imo, although the babel could not be given depending on the ref position
get in lad .that pricks doin my fucking nut in

Offline Walking Through A Storm

• Kopite
  • Forward the Rafalution!

He was jumping on his back. Penalty?

Stonewall.

The irony is thick, considering the diving on Saturday and the "penalty" you were all screeching about the other week.

Offline Maverick Army

• Main Stander
  • Blue is the color..Football is the game
Then what the fuck are you doing here then?
Talk sense about Football.
Carefree!!!!!

Offline Libero

• Legacy Fan
  • Viva Liverpool
UNBELIEVABLE GAME

I HAVE TO STUDY RIGHT NOW BUT I CANNAE CONCENTRATE BECAUSE I AM JUST SO THRILLED BY LIFE

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE TEAM PERFORMANCE

MOTM = KUYT

BABEL WAS AMAZING

ARSENAL AND THEIR COMPLETE LACK OF SUPPORT CAN GO AND FUCK THEMSELVES

Yup.  Only I thought Aurellio was MoM.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
hhaah fuck off you c*nt

Bet your one of the twats that think it was a pen last week for hleb, grow up. Hleb's wasn't and babel was imo, although the babel could not be given depending on the ref position
I thought theirs was to be honest. Fibreglass dived though IMO

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Have to say well done to Babel made the difference between our penalty shouts an theirs..he went down with the biggest ramble of arms an legs  ive ever seen....best of it was they were all his own ;D class lad
Indeed...

Offline ®äfä.. ®äfä...ßëñíTêz

• Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for the memories RB! **YNWA Liam Harker***
Should not be shocked at this but hey-

BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Theo Walcott 7.80 (on 90 minutes).

err good one!

MOM - The team!
E L  P I S T O L E R O - LUIS SUAREZ  

JOHN W HENRY THE LEGEND - www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline Special Case

• Kemlynite
you know my wife was right : it would be better if we had gone out tonight. i dont think i can take another night like this. i could power the national grid if you hook me up during a match. i thought it would be 1-1 before the match, so did most, one good friend suggested 4-1 to us and i laughed!! who would have thought 4-2 ...dear god, watching it all again now, so i can enjoy it. and all irish posters: how good was the Brady Souness Dunphy debate after?? as good as the match! what a comment about wenger from dunphy about the minister for funny walks ! couldnt stop laughing when dunphy told brady he decided to put the clips together at the editorial meeting when brady was too busy doojng press conferences! pure class all round
Brady, Souness, Dunphy debate was fucking quality, brady had steam coming out his ears. "you've jumped over the fence baby" dunphys best quote ever.

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
Well in Ryan you proved me wrong

Offline Rafatollah

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
What a game - great game - i'm on a high - will be for the next few days probably!

Wenger though - prized c*nt - "the players wouldn't be as upset if they felt they had been beaten by a better team, but over the two legs...". Not exact quotes but that's from the best of my memory.

Face it mate, Rafa out-witted you. He played you. Ultimately, you got done.

The whole team were tremendous, but I think Crouch deserves a lot of credit - thought he did a great job for us tonight - Kuyt, i give him stick, but tonight he ran more than any other player - just through his running he galvanizes the fans, and Arsenal didn't have anyone like that tonight - great team performance.

Am I being bias, or were we the better team for large parts after the first 20, 30 minutes?

And also, i've just heard some pricks on talksport saying, "we should have had a penalty for the foul on Hleb in the first leg, but that Babel penalty was dubious" - sorry were both incidents not virtually identical? They banged on and on about that penalty, and now we got the decision for us, it wasn't a penalty.

I like Arsenal, but these kind of pillocks, plus the ones calling for Wenger's head, are a disgrace.

Offline eitzel

• ong way to Tipperary
  • Legacy Fan
  • Didnt even know Probe had moved
Don't want to get in any banter. But thats a silly comment.
Ohhh......sorry
'An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. '

Offline torres1973

• Main Stander
What a game but we need to sort a few things out.
Parry is a fucking c*nt

Offline Rafatollah

• Anny Roader
Brady, Souness, Dunphy debate was fucking quality, brady had steam coming out his ears. "you've jumped over the fence baby" dunphys best quote ever.

Did you record it? Think it will be on youtube soon?

I've only ever seen youtube clips of Dunphy, but he seems like a right prick to me!

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
Should not be shocked at this but hey-

BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Theo Walcott 7.80 (on 90 minutes).

err good one!

MOM - The team!
Discgrace that ! Sami should get it

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

What about the 3 other goals? And Kuyt's from last week?

Fucking man up you childish person that I find irritating, you bottled it once again. Stop looking for an excuse and accept that you were outplayed over two legs.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline 2barsup

• Main Stander
Talk sense about Football.

Then try talking some then.

Offline Car

• Legacy Fan
Someone mentioned elsewhere about Gallas' reaction after the match.  The telly here didn't show any post-match events.  What did Gallas do?
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." Steven Gerrard.

Offline Andy-Bayor

• Main Stander
  • Oh to be a gooner.
  • Super Title: Banned for being a prick
You know it hurts when you play the better football deserve to go through and the ref gives that decision a joke hope Babel misses a penalty against Chelsea.

Offline awraith

• Main Stander
  • Justice for the 96
Kuyt - MOTM. Was absolutely immense. Did everything right, not just work his bollocks off but tackled, kept possession and kept harassing Arsenal's players.

MOTM by a mile. he was massive.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
You know it hurts when you play the better football deserve to go through and the ref gives that decision a joke hope Babel misses a penalty against Chelsea.

Awwww diddums  ::)

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Security Consultant. a right burka
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
Watching Liverpool at home goes a bit like this....
Sent my son to bed at half time but my screams of joy when we scored and my cries of despair when they scored saw the poor bugger running up and down the stairs to see what was going on.
My wife is not allowed to come in the living room when Liverpool are as as teams have scored when she has come in. Silly cow comes to the door and starts talking to me - "Get out!" I scream but it is too late and they score. "Fuck Off" I scream at her. Luckily for her we scored again as divorce was on the cards :D

Get the fuck in!! Bring on your fucking Chelsea....
Don't make others suffer for your football.
Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:
"I've just signed a colossus. Come in and walk round him…"
1961-71: Promoted 1st season, 2 Championships, 1 FA Cup

Online redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple

silly cnut. the team with more goals wins, that was us.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
Fair play Magic Hat. I have a lot of time for Arsenal, a classy, traditional club like Liverpool (or at least we were until the yanks took over). Good luck for the rest of the season, and please, please batter those horrible mancs on Sunday!

We both got the short straw, drawing each other rather than being paired with some flimsy European team, so I don't think you have too much to be embarassed about.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
Fucking amazing. Laughing my ass off at the arsenal c*nts who believed they had this tie in the bag.

Dirk Kuyt....never stopped tryin. Defo a man for the big occassions.\

Torres....played superbly and scored a wonderful goal. WEnt off when he scores. NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

What a game

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"

Two clear goals you soft c*nt.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
Guys, kindly leave the pedo stuff out of it, your better then that. Fellow Arsenal fans, leave the whining to your own boards

yeah, sorry about that, shouldn't have taken it so personally

Exactly. If you don't win the ball and you make contact, you run the risk of conceding a penalty. We could have had two in the last week and you not had one, been unlucky on you and I remember the penalty Grimsby conceded to go 1-0 down in the recent final, I bet that defender does that many times a match and never gets called up, unlucky that he did there but like Toure, he made the foul and can have little complaints. Could also have had goal ruled out due to possible Flamini handball, not sure if it was or wasn't but could see why there were appeals, ref happens.

Think not taking chances is harsh, we scored 3, just the can't defend bit is the problem.

Gods, what were Arsenal thinking trying to hoof it when 2-1 down. When we did play it along the ground, during that time, we looked like we might get a goal but too often we booted it. Must have got rattled near the end I suppose

An unbeaten season, much joy as well as pain and a title shot this year till our defence decided to defend like Andorra. I'm one of those people who would rather lose a good game, like this one, then see a England like performance from my team. I support England and I still wanted us knocked out of last world cup so I might just be odd

had he started, he wouldn't have done that ;) Impact player at the moment, not yet ready to start top class games

Bad bit:

Going out in such a manner, hurts like heck. So delighted when we pulled it back only to lose it at the end...

Defending. Almunia made what, one save ,maybe two, not shone in a big game yet for Arsenal. Senderos lost man, Cesc decided on the post meant wander away from it, lost momentum there but recovered well by half time. Then great counter attack, fair enough Gallas beaten in the air, fair enough Senderos tried to buy time, Toure gets there and decides to not close him down either, you can't do that with  Torres. One of them has to get close to him. Third, Toure concedes silly penalty, fourth, well that was great work by Babel though Jens/VDS/Reina would have convinced me more of saving when Babel was bearing down on goal. Taking nothing away from your goals but this has been our problem. Honestly, was there a single goal we conceded this season other then your 4th tonight when we had everyone pushing forward where I could think "nothing we could do"? No, that is what frustrates me.

Problem is, you can otherwise have a good game as Senderos did today or Gallas against Aston Villa, some good tackles and good blocks but Man U don't make those mistakes anywhere near as often. We have to sort it out, man for man I have faith in what we have but they (other then Sagna) have turned into a bunch of Brambles recently.

Eboue was awful, we still seem reluctant to actually give the ball to Walcott.

To take out of:
We scored twice and played some really good football, to be fair so did Liverpool once you made it 1-1, the goals we did score were very good whatever complaints about the defending you guys might have. Ade scored, Hleb looked quite effective, Clichy burst forward and Diaby started well but faded, Van Persie doesn't seem to be injured. Great run by Walcott, looked a real threat when on the ball.

We didn't get intimidated which is always a fear when Anfield in CL though we do seem to get rattled when we concede against you even at home. Against most teams, we promptly get better so just seems to be something you do to us.

Still, at least the Man U game shouldn't be a 0-0 bore :P Sorry for the rant

That is a really good post. Also stop with this pedo shit it's bang out of order. Arsenal fans are not Chelsea or UTD and are nowhere near as annoying as them, plus we won lighten up.

The fact is both Arsenal and ourselves have styles that really do mesh and with a bit of luck for them the result could have swung the Arses way.

I firmly do believe that Arsenal and Liverpool are the future not just in England but Europe as well. Their youngsters are fantastic and now our's with winning the reserve league last night and Plessis performance on Saturday are looking to catch up. I really do believe that the futures of both clubs are rosy and in safe hands.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
amazing game.

walcotts run for their equaliser was astounding. Just glad it wasnt the winner as the media would never have stopped going on about it... would have been the new rooney or some shite like that.

we seemed more nervous than arsenal early doors. I think the arsenal early goal done as a favour as a wake up call.

we definitely played the better second half. Applied the most pressure and deserved to go infront. 

gerrard was poor and seemed at fault for 2nd goal. not sure if he struggled to get involved playing on the left or if he was making a point to rafa. Hardly seemed to chase players down etc. Fantastic penalty though.

alonso got better as the game went on. I felt with the 442 formation we would score and didnt see why it would have affected us defensively. I think our early problems were more to do with not keeping the ball well (alonso and masch) rather than the formation. we just looked nervy.

Defensively everyone played their part.

anyway fantastic result now we have to make sure chelsea get knocked out of a champions league semi for the 4th time.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2008, 11:09:05 pm by Fruity »
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Highlights on ITV right now. If you watch carefully... we STILL go through.

Their first goal was fantastic... they were brilliant first 30 mins.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2008, 11:07:30 pm by Filler. »

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
Jesus we never make it easy for ourselves, do we? The Liverpool Way. Aimed at wringing every last bit of emotion out of you.

Dirk was my MOTM - ran himself ragged and whenever they had possession, got back in position to protect Carra.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I said already, Liverpool and Arsenal were equally good. Every pundit/expert is saying that penalty was extremely soft. On the other hand Hleb didnt get one when he deserved in 1st leg. So its a stroke of luck that sailed Liverpool's ship.

What you and most of the Arsenal fans here aren't getting is that it doesn't matter. If the first leg had been 2-1 to Arsenal from the penalty, or Babel hadn't got a penalty, we'd still have won. On nights like tonight, we could be 2 goals down with 5 minutes left and still win. It's not about balance of play or luck, it's about destiny. Your destiny is to lose another CL semi final to Liverpool. You have a couple of weeks to get used to the idea.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
I said already, Liverpool and Arsenal were equally good. Every pundit/expert is saying that penalty was extremely soft. On the other hand Hleb didnt get one when he deserved in 1st leg. So its a stroke of luck that sailed Liverpool's ship.

And I dont get the point why Rafa played Alonso and Masch in the middle. Gerrard was ineffective so was Kuyt.

Yes, it was an even game. I thought you owned the first thirty minutes, but after that we got back in the game. In the second we were on top. In the end I think it was fair that we won, but it was sooo close. I think we showed the bigger desire to win. As the game went, you ended up deeper and deeper.
We got lucky with the penalty decision today and you were unlucky last week. But you can also say that had Adebayor scored his one on one, you would have been through. Torres scored when he got his chance. It wasn't just about luck.

Mascherano-Alonso in the center were poor early on. They lost balls and never got close to your CMs. They were basically chasing shadows for a while. Not quite sure what the idea was with Kuyt and Gerrard on the wings in a 4-4-2, but it worked alright. When we got Babel on, we got more pace and it proved to be the edge we needed tonight.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just got done reading this thread + plus heard Wenger's reaction. Fucking hell I've only just realised that Arsenal fans and Wenger are perhaps the most bitter bunch of c*nts. Suck it up, you lost, we were better. It truly does my fucking nut in.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson

We had more shots and more possession tonight. How do you like them apples?
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
I'd have settled for that before the game.
You're too easy pleased, I wanted 5.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero

don't make me laugh....oooops! too late!

:lmao

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
I've got to say, I'm glad we won't be playing Arsenal again for a while, it's getting too easy.. ;)