Author Topic: Yet another Special Anfield night - Liverpool V Arsenal post game comments  (Read 90586 times)

Offline billypilgrimnz

• troll stuck under a bridge in Stoke.
  • Legacy Fan
Gerrard said on the box it was his worst ever performance for the reds

The worst I've seen, but it took stones to put away the penalty like that when he seemed so off the pace. No harm, no foul.

Offline Maverick Army

• Main Stander
  • Blue is the color..Football is the game
Liverpool are very very lucky. And Rafa is the luckiest Manager on the earth. Once again its luck favored Liverpool. Im not saying Liverpool were poor but both sides matched each other. Luck separated Liverpool from Goners.
Carefree!!!!!

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
First of all, Arsenal at times in the game were unplayable, they tore us apart. After Sami's brilliant header we seemed to get more confident and deserved to be infront when Torres scored the type of goal only he can score. Walcott's run to set up their goal was something else, so glad that Wenger thinks Eboue is better than him. I don't see what was dubious about the penalty to be honest, I thought it was stone wall. Then Babel's breakaway was great.

I fucking love being a Liverpool fan.

Offline Victor

• Legacy Fan
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
Sad to see some of the so called arsenal supporters showing so little class ... I thought more of them ... maybe their younger ones should be in bed by now ...

one thing you never get with Liverpool in Europe is boring ... please can we have a boring 4-0 home win in the first semi for a change .. thought Arsenals legs went after about an hour ... bringing Walcott on was a smart move that nearly paid off .... fair play to Arsenal for playing their part in an absolutely brilliant game ... Rafas rotation  starting to pay dividends ... can see us going all the way again from here ... no fear about Chelsea ... looking forward to Barca in the final :)
"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
fuckinell dont think my heart could have taken much more, wickalos on me wickalos, what a game, what a night.

Unbelievebale we cannot leave Anfield we just cant.

urghhhhhhhh cant believe it just cant.

Only gets easier here on in kids just break them chelsea c*nts down with their plassy flags again and we are sorted 8)
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
How can you Liverpool fans be proud of that?

Pages upon pages of how Hleb went down like a fairy, and then getting a penalty that is 10x softer than the one we should have received.

I will forever hate your club as much as spurs, chelsea or united.
Stop being so mean. I'm getting tearstains on the finish of the 5 mini Euro cups I'm polishing. Please love us like you used to do, I'd hate to get any stains on the 6th

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
Absolutely fucking made up boys and girls. Some real courage there tonight from our players and everyone of them deserve a big pat on the back for thier effort, might as well give my verdicts:

Reina 6: Looked dodgey as he has done is recent weeks

Carra 7: Made the most of his play on the right and took on the challenge
Skrtel 8: Awesome, pacey, strong in the air, and he kept us in the game with a few good interceptions
Hyypia 8: Great Header, looked comfortable a lot of the time tonight
Aurelio 7.5: Again, he looked brilliant, cleared at the right times, kept it on the deck when he needed to

Kuyt 8.5: Absolutely brilliant, over the past months or so he has been awesome, what an effort from him, never stopped running and some good hold up play at the end, he kept his head and was suprised not to see him take the penalty
Gerrard 7: Not his best of nights but never stopped working for it, and kept cool with his penalty
Alonso 7: Looked off the pace in the first half an hour but picked himself up and played well
Mascherano 7: Closed everything down, another solid performance from him

Torres 7: Quiet all night, 1 chance, bang, hell of a goal, made up for him
Crouch 7.5: Brilliant, held up the ball, won every header, linked up well.

Subs:

Babel 8: Have to give him credit, got the pen, got the goal, held the ball up well, fantastic
Riise 7: Did his job, and did it well
Arbeloa - Not long enough

My MOTM has to be Kuyt, for his sheer determination, absolutely fantastic effort
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
just came back from the boozer, FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE! St.Etienne, Olympiakos... This match is right up there! GET IN

plus I had one quid on 4-2 at 66/1 :D happy days

yeeeeeeeeees! And now let's kick those blue cockney bastards out AGAIN

Offline snowy8

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
We are lucky bastards! not because of tonights result but because it seems every home european game is a classic with all the drama, noise, passion and tension. compare that with the chelsea game tonight and they were all there waving their little freebie flags!FUCK OFF!!!!

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Pages upon pages of how Hleb went down like a fairy, and then getting a penalty that is 10x softer than the one we should have received.

AAahaaaaa hahahahahahahaha
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool are very very lucky. And Rafa is the luckiest Manager on the earth. Once again its luck favored Liverpool. Im not saying Liverpool were poor but both sides matched each other. Luck separated Liverpool from Goners.

:wave High c*nt features

Offline Ibz

• Main Stander
YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!
think that comment shall be sufficient :D

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
Benitez got everything right tonight, tactics, timing of substitusions, fantastic, I LOVE YOU RAFA, I LONG TO STROKE YOUR GOATEE AND PLAY WITH YOUR SPANISH EARS, FOR SURE
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
In my excited I forgot what an goal by Nando, all he needed was one glimmer of a chance and he made a goal out of it. Sami's header was boss, and Stevie was as cool as anything in putting that peno away
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline coops78

• Main Stander
Watching Liverpool at home goes a bit like this....
Sent my son to bed at half time but my screams of joy when we scored and my cries of despair when they scored saw the poor bugger running up and down the stairs to see what was going on.
My wife is not allowed to come in the living room when Liverpool are as as teams have scored when she has come in. Silly cow comes to the door and starts talking to me - "Get out!" I scream but it is too late and they score. "Fuck Off" I scream at her. Luckily for her we scored again as divorce was on the cards :D

Get the fuck in!! Bring on your fucking Chelsea....

Ha Ha thats hilarious:)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Have to say I thought Aurelio was excellent. He won't get the headlines, but if it wasn't for Babel's 1+1 in only 15 minutes of play, I'd give the MOTM to Fabio.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Maverick Army

• Main Stander

Reality bites!!! :P
Carefree!!!!!

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Not the time for analysing the system or what was wrong for the first 25 minutes.

Can I?

I mean seriously, what was all that about?  Can I just get out my confusion whilst in glee about the set up?

Took some balls did that from Rafa, and of course some confidence, but I lost 5 years of my fucking life watching that first 25 minutes. We were utterly run ragged. I mean WHY! do it!? WHY?>!

Jesus wept. I guess he lulled them into a false sense of security or something. And babel didn't look THAT unfit did he!!! ;D

Also, while I'm on the moan... when we got the pen.. take Crouch of IMMEDIATELY! Don't sit and wait to see what happens, just do it... lay your cards down and lets get back to 4231 to ease it out. He'll give me a bloody heart attack that man he really will. The mad bastard.

Offline Libero

• Legacy Fan
  • Viva Liverpool
me versus a house full of Gooners.

Fucking loving it!

You've described my work place! I'm not gonna pull that sicky now.

Offline Walking Through A Storm

• Kopite
  • Forward the Rafalution!
I fucking love being a Liverpool fan.

You said it lad.

What other team has this? I tell, I've got that feeling now. Didn't last year, did after quarter final vs Juve in 2005. We'll win it. I fucking know it, cos we're Liverpool - its our job, no, fuck that, our God-given right.

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
Just got back from the match - what a game, what a night! :scarf :wellin :scarf :wellin

My voice is shot! We never do things easily do we? complete emotional rollercoaster!

89 - Avenged at last! and how sweet to do it with a pen after all their moans in the last two games. ;D
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
To james AFC and Andybayor etc

Ness: "Never stop, never stop fighting till the fight is done. When you got an all-out prizefight, you wait until the fight is over, one guy is left standing. 'N' that's how you know who won"
Capone: What'd you say? What're you saying?
Ness: I said, "Never stop fighting till the fight is done."
Capone: What?
Ness: You heard me, Capone. It's over. "
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline lfc-joey

• Main Stander
Thank you  RAFA  YOU OUT SMARTED WENGER

I think that was Babel ;D ;D ;D
"Who's bigger than Liverpool?" Jamie Carragher when asked by Sky Sports if he'd thought of moving to a bigger club
Voronin - fuckin ell, can we have our nothing back.

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite

WHERE'S YA EUROPEAN CUPS!!! WHEEERRRRRRREEEESSSS YOUR EUROPEAN CUPS!!!!???

need i go on?

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Funny I thought it was shipping five goals that cost you but of course when an Arsenal player clatters into Babel and he goes down then that's clearly not a penalty. Enjoy yet another season without a major trophy. Isn't it about time you considered the position of your manager?
« Last Edit: April 8, 2008, 10:45:46 pm by redway101 »

Offline Kazuya_UK

• Main Stander
  • If you are first you are first...
    • NeoGeoForLife

Embarressment to your club indeed. Yea the peno decision in the last game was iffy perhaps, but tonight I saw a game where both teams gave their all and as much as it pains me to say it, I would have still thought it was a brilliant game if you had gone on to win it at the end. Saying that, I think after your first goal we bossed the game and deservedly won, penalty or not.

Kaz

Offline richmond-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A stranger in a strange land.
YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!
think that comment shall be sufficient :D
What he said!
Right now I may need a new heart.
Tomorrow morning it'll be a new liver!

Offline qwerty_in_advance

• Legacy Fan
If Carlsberg made fans they'd still not be as good as liverpool fans !!

absolutely made up what a game what a performance by both teams.

COME ON YOU REDMEN !!

YNWA
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline ish

• Legacy Fan
UNBELIEVABLE GAME

I HAVE TO STUDY RIGHT NOW BUT I CANNAE CONCENTRATE BECAUSE I AM JUST SO THRILLED BY LIFE

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE TEAM PERFORMANCE

MOTM = KUYT

BABEL WAS AMAZING

ARSENAL AND THEIR COMPLETE LACK OF SUPPORT CAN GO AND FUCK THEMSELVES
(translated by phoenix wright)
Journalist: Is it true that your team-mates sing your song in the dressing room?
Fernando: But that's because the song is catchy! (laughs)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? OK.

it was him wasnt it yeah
 ;D

;)

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
Fucking hell! HAVE IT YOU SOUTHERN PANSY c*nts!!!!!

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
im guessing your married to a fat bird who nags like fuck ...but you tell everyone she is boss and ha
e a job you make out to be better than it is also

i also reckon  when someone tells you how good a ferrari is you say blah blah blah overhyped piece of shite and continue about your mini cooper/lada/robin reliant van , and say "IT GETS YOU FROM A TO B"

:wanker

Additionally he drives really really slowly because he's got an incredibly small penis  ;D
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Maverick Army

• Main Stander
Funny I thought it was shipping five goals that cost you but ofcourse when an Arsenal player clatters into Babel and he's goes down then that's clearly not a penalty. Enjoy yet another season without a major trophy. Isn't it about time you considered the position of your manager?

Nopes...Im Chelsea supporter. You got me wrong. But from neutral's point of view, you guys are damn lucky.
Carefree!!!!!

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
Funny I thought it was shipping five goals that cost you but ofcourse when an Arsenal player clatters into Babel and he's goes down then that's clearly not a penalty. Enjoy yet another season without a major trophy. Isn't it about time you considered the position of your manager?

That should be 'another season without ANY trophy'
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Hoodfella

• Attention seeker. ENT Speciallist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Strictly Morrocan Hashish - No Skunk here son!
    • TRIGGS VEGA
Rafa played the three games like a master. Most of those Arsenal players were dead on their feet by the end of the game. So pleased that little whinger Walcott's run didn't mean a thing in the end.

Interesting to see Gerrard's message for Rafa at the end there -don't think we'll be seeing him on the left again.

Sorrymissed this, can you (or anyone!) elaborate on this frme please?

Thanks.
If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If you don't, you will find an excuse.

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. 

Plato o Plomo - Pablo Escobar.

Hashish is both the cause of and solution to all of my problems!

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
If Carlsberg made fans they'd still not be as good as liverpool fans !!

;D
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
Alonso was poor though!!!!!!!!! :-[

:lmao

you are having a girrafe *laugh*  ??  Right ???
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Hoodfella

• Attention seeker. ENT Speciallist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Strictly Morrocan Hashish - No Skunk here son!
    • TRIGGS VEGA
Rafa played the three games like a master. Most of those Arsenal players were dead on their feet by the end of the game. So pleased that little whinger Walcott's run didn't mean a thing in the end.

Interesting to see Gerrard's message for Rafa at the end there -don't think we'll be seeing him on the left again.

Sorrymissed this, can you (or anyone!) elaborate on this frme please?

Thanks.
If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If you don't, you will find an excuse.

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. 

Plato o Plomo - Pablo Escobar.

Hashish is both the cause of and solution to all of my problems!

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
Sent my son to bed at half time

Aw, yer miserable git! :D

What a game, though. Often my Bluenose mates say to me how boring our CL games are and I just reply 'don't watch it then'. But that had something for everyone. Well, everyone but those in the Arsenal camp.

Credit has to go to Arsenal. We all knew that they needed to come and attack us, but for the first half an hour, they were sensational. We've been done over in Europe before. Valencia and Barca have come to Anfield and done a number on us since the turn of the Millennium, but if Arsenal had carried on the way the started, they would have jumped to the top of the list. Phenomenal and simply undefendable.

But what a performance from our lads. Absolutely unbelievable. Can't put into words the emotions I went through between Adebayor's goal and our penalty. I had a mate round watching the game and I said to him I wouldn't have it any other way. He firmly disagreed, but seriously, what's the fun in PSV's all the way to final, eh?

Nah, that's not what it's all about.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Reality bites!!! :P

Reality is your out and were though, it sure fucking does ;D