Author Topic: UFC/MMA thread  (Read 1892520 times)

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UFC/MMA thread.
« Reply #200 on: October 23, 2007, 10:45:03 am »
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=9631

Interesting article here. That goes on to say if Matt Hughes beats Serra he could then face Anderson Silva in what would probably be his last fight.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #201 on: October 30, 2007, 11:24:27 am »
Great fight last night between Dan Barrera and Rob Saunders.
Spoiler
Rob won 2 round majority decision but everyone including Dana (except for the judges) thought it was 1 round each and they were all set for sudden victory. Dana gave both fighters the $5K win bonus for a great fight
[close]

Was somewhat disappointed with the result as I thought the loser looked like one of the favourites
Spoiler
He had been throwing his weight around in practice and then Hughes took him to school and owned his ass in practice
[close]
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline MrEcho

• Anny Roader
  • Destroy all nations
« Reply #202 on: October 30, 2007, 12:48:34 pm »
Spoiler
Rob won 2 round majority decision but everyone including Dana (except for the judges) thought it was 1 round each and they were all set for sudden victory. Dana gave both fighters the $5K win bonus for a great fight
[close]

Was somewhat disappointed with the result as I thought the loser looked like one of the favourites
Spoiler
He had been throwing his weight around in practice and then Hughes took him to school and owned his ass in practice
[close]

Yeah  good fight. I think he lost though coz he wasn't used to seeing his own blood. Didn't seem to like it and changed the fight a bit. But did you see the state of his face the day after.
The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.

Offline Roberts LFC

• Has left the building
  • Kopite
« Reply #203 on: November 6, 2007, 12:29:27 am »
No wonder Team Hughes are doing so bad, I hate Hughes as much as hes a great fighter, out of the octagon hes a right dick, I thought his treatment of inexperienced guys on his team such as Barrera and Georgieff as pathetic, he did the same in Season 2 of TUF with Von Flue and Murphy.
I thought Team Hughes would steamroll Team Serra, so its great Team Serra are getting the better of things.
Cant see Tommy Speer(Team Hughes) beating Jon Koppenhaver next week either so I see it being mostly Team Serra in the last eight.

Offline Athers

• Kopite
  • misunderstood
« Reply #204 on: November 6, 2007, 01:18:38 am »
I stopped watching TUF when they spent half an episode showing that a horse had slipped on their drive.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: November 6, 2007, 08:57:19 am »
No wonder Team Hughes are doing so bad, I hate Hughes as much as hes a great fighter, out of the octagon hes a right dick, I thought his treatment of inexperienced guys on his team such as Barrera and Georgieff as pathetic, he did the same in Season 2 of TUF with Von Flue and Murphy.
I thought Team Hughes would steamroll Team Serra, so its great Team Serra are getting the better of things.
Cant see Tommy Speer(Team Hughes) beating Jon Koppenhaver next week either so I see it being mostly Team Serra in the last eight.

Hughes will have something to gloat about though because in the end it's quite likely Mac Danzig is going to win it. He's good enough to have been in the UFC for a while already.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 6, 2007, 11:08:44 am »
Hughes will have something to gloat about though because in the end it's quite likely Mac Danzig is going to win it. He's good enough to have been in the UFC for a while already.
yep
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #207 on: November 6, 2007, 04:02:14 pm »
yep

I have missed Mac's fight I think, was he one of the first? I was looking forward to seeing him fight, he looks very calm and collected

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: November 6, 2007, 04:41:56 pm »
I have missed Mac's fight I think, was he one of the first? I was looking forward to seeing him fight, he looks very calm and collected

Yes. I think he could win

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: November 6, 2007, 07:30:52 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Thinking about that fight, the judges must have score the second round a 10-8 round, which it was in fairness. Saunders slapped him sideways.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2007, 07:32:57 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline Roberts LFC

• Has left the building
  • Kopite
« Reply #210 on: November 6, 2007, 10:38:30 pm »
Yes but Hughes will probably have Danzig as the only fighter who will win it and lets face it Danzig is the dead cert as he is easily the most experienced guy there.
I hope someone upsets Danzig in there as I think he is a prick as well, look at his treatment of Blake Bowman.
Im rooting for Rude Boy Mandaloniz(as I like his fighting style just going for it), Saunders or Satiropoulos to win it.
I think the Aussie George Satiropoulos has the best chance of beating Danzig to the TUF6 crown this season although I agree with you guys it sadly looks like Danzig will win it.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: November 6, 2007, 11:35:09 pm »
to be honest, I've never seen Danzig in any other fights apart from his fight on TUF. And lets face it, he fought a guy who isn't really a fighter. I've been most impressed by Saunders but fuck knows how he'd do against Danzig or George though.

What are ye're thoughts on the thoughts on the Hughes Serra fight. I'd love Serra to win but i just don't see it happening. 

I see UFC 80 is on in Geordieland. Penn is fighting Stevenson for the LW title. Didn't know they had stripped Sherk, thought he was still waiting results or some shit.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2007, 11:40:38 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: November 6, 2007, 11:50:20 pm »
Hughes will win quite comfortably against Serra.

And yep UFC 80 is confirmed will 100% be going to that. Missed 75 but went to 70 at the M.E.N and it was class. The atmosphere is brilliant when you're there. Yous should definitely go if you have the chance.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2007, 01:02:05 am »
think hughes will to,and thats why serra is doin all the mocking.mouthing off.
i wish now lookin back on this program that hughes had got war machine ,as serra just thought he was a nut and didnt seem to want to know.
i think ben saunders and tommy spears have a good chance as well as danzig.im not too sure about George Sotiropoulos.i think ben would take him standing and tommy just pound the fuck out of him on the floor.tommy can take a dig and stay focused .
tommy and danzig for me in the final if they dont meet before.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2007, 10:55:22 am »
Great fight last night with Tommy and War Machine (WTF?)

With some proper training Tommy could do very well.

In the taster for next week it shows Serra trying to put Danzig against Tommy to knock out another of Hughes fighters. Can't see them getting away with that even though they do have control.

Offline [streety]

• Craig Davis killed the thread
  • Legacy Fan
    • Coming Soon...
« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2007, 12:08:58 pm »
Yeah it was a great fight. Tommy was much stronger and overpowered WM. He didn't do much in the 2nd round, just controlled him and led on top.
Going to miss the Evans/Bisping fight at the weekend. Should be an interesting fight...

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2007, 01:38:31 pm »
Well, I hope I'm wrong but I can't see how exactly Bisping is going to win. Rashad is stronger, a better wrestler and has got better at striking recently. Bisping is quite good at submissions and GNP himself but can't see him beating Rashad that way. Plus he's struggled at preventing take downs bigtime so far. And I've been less than impressed with his striking. Only have to look at his last fight for the reason why.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2007, 03:56:02 pm »
Great fight last night with Tommy and War Machine (WTF?)

With some proper training Tommy could do very well.

In the taster for next week it shows Serra trying to put Danzig against Tommy to knock out another of Hughes fighters. Can't see them getting away with that even though they do have control.

Doesn't have it mentally though. He was a fucking wreck going into that fight. Bought of them fought hard though.

Don't understand the way Serra keeps taking the piss out of Hughes, if he ends up getting embarrassed he'll look a tit. Would write him off completely though.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2007, 08:11:59 am »
Doesn't have it mentally though. He was a fucking wreck going into that fight. Bought of them fought hard though.

Don't understand the way Serra keeps taking the piss out of Hughes, if he ends up getting embarrassed he'll look a tit. Would write him off completely though.

Would or wouldn't?

I can't stand Serra. Hope Hughes does embarrass him. He is fucking annoying especially when his fighter is fighting and all you can hear is him in the background. J-Rock got it right about him! Shut the fuck up!

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: November 16, 2007, 03:55:29 pm »
Wouldn't rule him out. He's a decent bloke by the looks of it. He's only doing what a trainer should and there's no doubt that his instructions have helped out his fighters. It was the same when he was on the show himself.

Rerad his blog and he responded to what j-Rock said. Caught him a beaut. Said J-Rock makes Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air sound like DMX.

Hughes on the other hand has come across as a right arrogant prick on the show. You should see the way he acts with the Serra fighters that he is cornering.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #220 on: November 17, 2007, 09:51:48 pm »
What time does 78 start tonight?

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: November 17, 2007, 10:22:45 pm »
3am

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: November 18, 2007, 12:47:59 am »
So, anyone staying up for it. It's on MMA tv on TVU player if anyones looking for a stream.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2007, 02:18:54 am »
So, anyone staying up for it. It's on MMA tv on TVU player if anyones looking for a stream.
ye- am in for the duration - just showing some vintage stuff at the mo.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: November 18, 2007, 02:34:58 am »
Did ya see the fight between the guy with the mustache and the huge Korean dude. Crazy fucking fight, they were just pucking the head off each other for the first five minutes.

The guy with the tache is a bit of a legend, can't think of his name though.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #225 on: November 18, 2007, 02:42:26 am »
Did ya see the fight between the guy with the mustache and the huge Korean dude. Crazy fucking fight, they were just pucking the head off each other for the first five minutes.

The guy with the tache is a bit of a legend, can't think of his name though.
Don Frye i think it was

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: November 18, 2007, 03:04:40 am »
Don Frye i think it was

Ya, that's the guy!

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #227 on: November 18, 2007, 04:53:44 am »
Fairly standard  fayre so far - Alexander  - Silva should be a peach tho.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #228 on: November 18, 2007, 04:57:25 am »
Wasnt Expecting that!

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: November 18, 2007, 05:44:06 am »
Spoiler
Houston showed what many expected. He has no ground game. ate some great shots though. Thiago was very impressive.

What a whiny bitch Bisping is. He thought he won? Okay it was a close fight but Rashad got the takedowns and landed the better shots on the feet. Evans even tired early and if Bisping really pushed it and gone all out he might have won. Neither will ever get near the belt though.

Maybe it was just the stream but it was like a library in that arena tonight.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 05:45:40 am by Bob Loblaw »

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2007, 05:45:40 am »
Spoiler
Well he's going to be biased and it was very close to be fair. Thought Rashad did just about win because of the takedowns but he didn't do much once he took Bisping down. Bit too much lay and pray for my liking. Went pretty much as I expected though. Bisping is good at most aspects of MMA but great at none.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 05:53:25 am by realtarragona »

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2007, 06:06:49 am »
Spoiler
Well he's going to be biased and it was very close to be fair. Thought Rashad did just about win because of the takedowns but he didn't do much once he took Bisping down. Bit too much lay and pray for my liking. Went pretty much as I expected though. Bisping is good at most aspects of MMA but great at none.
[close]

Spoiler
Wouldn't call it lay and pray. Bisping was very good on his back I'll give ya that. Rashad is such a  small LHW weight that i don't see him ever being able to take the bigger guys down and keep them there.

Bisping's been acting like a little child since the fans got on his back over the controversial win over Hammill. It wasn't his fault he got the decision but all he had to do was be humble. He just comes across as a complete prick. And I'll tell him that to his face if i ever meet him.  :mooncat
[close]

Anyway I'm fucked. Probably the worst event I've stayed up for.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2007, 06:16:14 am »
Spoiler
Thought could have been much more active than he was at times. That's why it was so close I think because he got the takedowns but didn't do much else. Anyway you're right it wasn't the best event I've seen by a long shot.
[close]

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2007, 12:00:25 am »
I think neither fighter really hurt the other, a lot of huff and puff without any end product....a little like Villa away last season!

If the fight went on I would have fancied Bisping, but it didn't. A draw would have been the right result I feel.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 12:03:10 am by GusMcLean »
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2007, 12:38:46 am »
Looks like Dan Henderson is dropping down to MW to fight Anderson Silva. Should be a great fight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2007/silva_vs_henderson_on_march_1_2008.html

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2007, 11:39:21 am »
Wasn't the best event I have seen. I kept hoping that Choyan and Bisping would pull off some crazy kick ass move and win the fight. Neither Evans or Bisping would cope with Rampage

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #236 on: November 19, 2007, 04:22:45 pm »
anyone seen the new episode of ultimate hughes v serra?

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #237 on: November 19, 2007, 04:58:21 pm »
Looks like Dan Henderson is dropping down to MW to fight Anderson Silva. Should be a great fight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2007/silva_vs_henderson_on_march_1_2008.html

Not sure I'm quite liking the route the UFC is now taking, lining up star fights after star fighters, looks good on paper.
(Henderson v Jackson) (Liddel v Silva) (Silva v Henderson), but it kind of detracts from the fighters who are genuinely earning title fights, by rising up the ranks and beating genuine contenders.

For example, I think Forrest Griffin has more than earned a title shot, after his last fight, but it looks like The winner of Silva & Liddel will get the next shot at Rampage and then there's the other decent Shoot box fighters in the Light Heavy weight division look ahead of him and even Evans.

Just can't understand it, becuase what we are seeing, is fights everyone wanted to see 3 or 4 years ago, but know with guys who are past their best or lost their hunger.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: November 19, 2007, 05:12:00 pm »
Evans won't get a title shot for quite some time and nor should he.

The only questionable one there is if Liddell or Silva end up facing Rampage next. The other two are fine. Henderson was PRIDE champion so deserved it as much as anyone considering the two organisations are now one. And as for him facing Anderson Silva, there really isn't many other options. Plus again, he was the champion in PRIDE.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #239 on: November 19, 2007, 05:24:37 pm »
Fedor Emelianenko would have got a shot at Couture had he been signed by UFC.
Cro cop would have got a shot at the title had he beat Gonzaga, after 1 fight.
Rampage was another example, 1 fight in UFC and then a title shot.

I agree about the middleweight situation, but I just feel the star matchups are a bit too gimmikey.