Author Topic: The iPhone  (Read 1037700 times)

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The iPhone
« Reply #16680 on: February 2, 2019, 08:58:20 pm »
Turn off iCloud photos I think.

Go to setting then photos and do it there..

Thanks mate. I’ll give that a try.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16681 on: February 2, 2019, 08:58:47 pm »
I think this should work..

Only turn it off ontheor iPad though.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16682 on: February 2, 2019, 09:17:33 pm »
I think this should work..

Only turn it off ontheor iPad though.

Thanks mate. Turned it off and the iPhone and took a photo on the iPad and it never came through to the phone.

Should I switch it back on on my iPhone?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16683 on: February 2, 2019, 09:27:59 pm »
Thanks mate. Turned it off and the iPhone and took a photo on the iPad and it never came through to the phone.

Should I switch it back on on my iPhone?
Yeah as you want to back up your photos.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16684 on: February 2, 2019, 09:32:53 pm »
Yeah as you want to back up your photos.

Cheers. But if I turn it off on the iPad, doesn’t that mean the photos won’t back up on that?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16685 on: February 2, 2019, 09:34:09 pm »
Cheers. But if I turn it off on the iPad, doesn’t that mean the photos won’t back up on that?
Yes... but if it’s your kids iPad, then does it matter?

I had the same problem.

We found pictures of our son trying on fake moustaches coming on to her phone.

W

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16686 on: February 2, 2019, 09:38:34 pm »
Yes... but if it’s your kids iPad, then does it matter?

I had the same problem.

We found pictures of our son trying on fake moustaches coming on to her phone.

They take screen shots of games they play so they’d like to keep the pics. Is there no other way to stop the photos appearing on my phone?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16687 on: February 2, 2019, 09:43:57 pm »
Set them up on a different I could account.
W

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16688 on: February 6, 2019, 03:34:52 pm »
You can set them up as a child acc on yours - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201084

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16689 on: June 15, 2019, 12:36:29 am »
Anyone seen anything like this happen to their front facing camera on a iPhone XR? Looks like a gammy analogue TV signal from the 80's [emoji23]

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16690 on: July 4, 2019, 10:08:49 pm »
Anyone know who to get rid of the pop up saying “sign into email address”? It’s my missus old iPhone so I’ve just restored it to my backup but it keeps asking me to sign every so often.

Online AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #16691 on: July 7, 2019, 09:11:34 pm »
had my XR for about sim onths now after my old 6S

Im really pleased with it

everything seems to work properly and good battery life

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #16692 on: July 7, 2019, 10:26:44 pm »
had my XR for about sim onths now after my old 6S

Im really pleased with it

everything seems to work properly and good battery life
Likewise. I’m very happy with it. I’d still prefer a touch sensor for Apple Pay / ID recognition but that’s not too hard bother.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16693 on: July 10, 2019, 11:00:46 am »
Anyone seen anything like this happen to their front facing camera on a iPhone XR? Looks like a gammy analogue TV signal from the 80's [emoji23]

Looks like high-ISO grain/artefacts you'd get shooting a camera in very low light.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #16694 on: July 11, 2019, 08:58:25 am »
Need to upgrade my iphone 7, i honestly don't know whether to get the XR or go across to the Samsung S10+. My mate swears by them and his camera is phenomenal to be fair.

Shall I finally make the jump from fucking apple?

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #16695 on: July 11, 2019, 09:01:28 am »
Lol, no comparison. The S10 is literally better than the XR in every way to be honest.
The XR has a 720P screen in 2019, a joke.  It has no SD card slot (no apple phone has it), is not water resistant, has no headphone jack, has a single camera with no tech. Also has a weaker battery. It has a great processor but that is it.

Phuk yoo

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #16696 on: July 11, 2019, 09:16:07 am »
I completely agree.

I've always had iphones and its just come to a point where its hard to change over purely because everything i have is backed up on apple clouds and whatnot. That's how they get you i guess

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #16697 on: July 11, 2019, 09:29:08 am »
Need to upgrade my iphone 7, i honestly don't know whether to get the XR or go across to the Samsung S10+. My mate swears by them and his camera is phenomenal to be fair.

Shall I finally make the jump from fucking apple?
I jumped from Samsung to Apple a couple of years back and despite the hardware advantages for the latest Samsungs, I wouldn't go back - everything 'just works' in the Apple world, Apple takes security and privacy seriously, and transitioning from one handset model to another is seamless. Comes down to personal preference I guess.

Here is a good review (Samsung comes out on top)

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-s10e-vs-iphone-xr,review-6275.html

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #16698 on: July 11, 2019, 09:29:29 am »
I completely agree.

I've always had iphones and its just come to a point where its hard to change over purely because everything i have is backed up on apple clouds and whatnot. That's how they get you i guess

If you do want to get stick to iphone, get an iphone X for about the same price. Much better display and camera and almost as fast. 
Phuk yoo

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16699 on: July 11, 2019, 09:39:25 am »
Lol, no comparison. The S10 is literally better than the XR in every way to be honest.
The XR has a 720P screen in 2019, a joke.  It has no SD card slot (no apple phone has it), is not water resistant, has no headphone jack, has a single camera with no tech. Also has a weaker battery. It has a great processor but that is it.
Many fair points but also some misinformation in your post

- XR water resistant up to a meter
- XR battery life is better (refer review link in above post)

Also, S10 has an objectively better screen but in real world use it not a differentiator for most people. 

Camera on the Samsung is great it must be said.

Overall not enough there to make me switch given the pluses of the Apple ecosystem.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16700 on: July 11, 2019, 09:40:38 am »
If you do want to get stick to iphone, get an iphone X for about the same price. Much better display and camera and almost as fast.
Agree with this recommendation - it's what I did [emoji3]

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #16701 on: July 11, 2019, 09:48:07 am »
I jumped from Samsung to Apple a couple of years back and despite the hardware advantages for the latest Samsungs, I wouldn't go back - everything 'just works' in the Apple world, Apple takes security and privacy seriously, and transitioning from one handset model to another is seamless. Comes down to personal preference I guess.

Here is a good review (Samsung comes out on top)

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-s10e-vs-iphone-xr,review-6275.html

But there are so many 'abilities' missing in iphones, stuff you take for granted in Windows and Android...

- Ability to use SD cards or external NAND.
- Ability to attach peripherals such as mice, gamepads and others through USB OTG
- No pointer support.  Want to quickly edit a presentation by projecting your screen wirelessly on any smart TV and attaching a mouse? Nope, cannot do. Use your fingers instead....
- Cannot copy and paste media files (Music, High def videos etc) onto your phone from your PC or another device. Need the infuriating piece of  shit-ware that is itunes to do any media management between devices.
- Does not interface seamlessly with Windows like Android does. 90% of PC users use Windows.
- Transferring files using bluetooth? ... Cannot do.
- Using NFC for a multitude of payment apps? Nyet, only apple pay for iphones.
- Install an app unavailable on apple store? No sideloading apps.  That means no emulators and other cool free streaming apps.  I can play PSP games on my S9, using an emulator and an external controller.  I can even play on TV with wireless mirroring! 

These are all i can remember off the top of my head....  I am sure there are more..

Having said that, if you are a basic user, (few social media/connectivity apps, casual games, browsing and calls,  ios will work smoothly and excellently for you.  Quality of apps on the store are good and they rarely encounter bugs.
Phuk yoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #16702 on: July 11, 2019, 09:54:52 am »
Many fair points but also some misinformation in your post

- XR water resistant up to a meter
- XR battery life is better (refer review link in above post)

Also, S10 has an objectively better screen but in real world use it not a differentiator for most people. 

Camera on the Samsung is great it must be said.

Overall not enough there to make me switch given the pluses of the Apple ecosystem.

Apologies for the oversight.  Didnt realize the XR was IP rated. Thought only the XS phones had it.
You can absolutely notice the difference in sharpness between a 720p screen and a 1440p screen. Put the two side by side and you can clearly tell the difference in sharpness and fidelity.

To top it off, the S10 has an OLED screen, which offers superior contrast and true blacks and looks much better in general.

Btewen the XR and S10, S10 wins.   The XS max, however, is comparable to the S10 and has a better processor/soc.  Still loses out on display resolution, audio quality and camera. 
Phuk yoo

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16703 on: July 11, 2019, 10:06:41 am »
But there are so many 'abilities' missing in iphones, stuff you take for granted in Windows and Android...

- Ability to use SD cards or external NAND.
- Ability to attach peripherals such as mice, gamepads and others through USB OTG
- No pointer support.  Want to quickly edit a presentation by projecting your screen wirelessly on any smart TV and attaching a mouse? Nope, cannot do. Use your fingers instead....
- Cannot copy and paste media files (Music, High def videos etc) onto your phone from your PC or another device. Need the infuriating piece of  shit-ware that is itunes to do any media management between devices.
- Does not interface seamlessly with Windows like Android does. 90% of PC users use Windows.
- Transferring files using bluetooth? ... Cannot do.
- Using NFC for a multitude of payment apps? Nyet, only apple pay for iphones.
- Install an app unavailable on apple store? No sideloading apps.  That means no emulators and other cool free streaming apps.  I can play PSP games on my S9, using an emulator and an external controller.  I can even play on TV with wireless mirroring! 

These are all i can remember off the top of my head....  I am sure there are more..

Having said that, if you are a basic user, (few social media/connectivity apps, casual games, browsing and calls,  ios will work smoothly and excellently for you.  Quality of apps on the store are good and they rarely encounter bugs.
Heh, it does help that my ecosystem is Apple now (phone, tablet, macbook, airpods, Apple tv) and those things all work seamlessly - literally all interoperates - screen casting, file transfer, workflow resumption, synchronisation, etc etc.

With the cloud and cloud storage I have zero need for sd cards any longer (don't even remember when I last needed to use a USB stick)

I have reached the stage where ease of use has become of higher value than the flexibility that Android offers

Disclaimer - I am generally agnostic about tech and use Apple, Windows, Linux, Roku and Android depending on the use case that presents itself.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16704 on: September 3, 2019, 07:33:40 am »
Hi,

Hoping someone could help with the missus Iphone 7.

The screen is glitching and she’s unable to get into the phone. It’s not connecting to the pc and apple have said it needs replacing. Problem is the idiot never backed her phone up up, ever. So currently she’s lost everything on her phone.

Does anyone know how to extract all the info off this phone, if it’s even possible at all?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #16705 on: September 3, 2019, 09:21:17 am »
Is icloud backup option turned on in settings?

It automatically backs up the phone on icloud everyday when you charge.

Phuk yoo

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16706 on: September 3, 2019, 09:45:59 am »
Is icloud backup option turned on in settings?

It automatically backs up the phone on icloud everyday when you charge.

Nothing, shes never backed it up. Trying to blame me for some reason

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16707 on: September 3, 2019, 09:56:41 am »
There are a few fairly lengthy ways to do it which you can find on Google / YouTube (search for backup iPhone with broken screen). Looks a bit of a pain in the arse though.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16708 on: September 3, 2019, 09:36:03 pm »
Forgive me if this has been mentioned before. I’m with O2. My data is renewed tomorrow. This morning I had 1.5 megs left, easily enough to get you through a day without wifi. About 5.00 I get a text from them telling me it’s run out. Are they mucking about running stuff down quicker towards the deadline in the hope you’ll panick and buy more? Any similar experiences, folks?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16709 on: September 3, 2019, 11:30:43 pm »
You’ve possibly got stuff running in the background - 1.5mb really isn’t much.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16710 on: September 4, 2019, 08:39:12 am »
Nothing, shes never backed it up. Trying to blame me for some reason

tell her to login to iCloud.com and have a look, it'll tell you if there's a backup in the cloud. I find it unlikely it won't have done it automatically, has she never done an update either?

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16711 on: September 4, 2019, 09:30:53 am »
You’ve possibly got stuff running in the background - 1.5mb really isn’t much.

Sorry, was a bit tired. I meant gigs.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16712 on: September 4, 2019, 09:33:10 am »
Sorry, was a bit tired. I meant gigs.

That does seem a bit weird. You able to look at what’s using your data? (Go to mobile data and shows in there)

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16713 on: September 4, 2019, 12:56:41 pm »
tell her to login to iCloud.com and have a look, it'll tell you if there's a backup in the cloud. I find it unlikely it won't have done it automatically, has she never done an update either?

Never, nothing. I'll Google to find some way if possible

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16714 on: September 4, 2019, 08:18:58 pm »
Have you background app updates on and running via wireless?

That might be it.
W

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #16715 on: September 7, 2019, 08:29:20 pm »
All my photos are on the cloud. I want to reset my phone to factory settings to sell it. Will my photos off the cloud be deleted if I do this!?
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16716 on: September 7, 2019, 08:53:54 pm »
All my photos are on the cloud. I want to reset my phone to factory settings to sell it. Will my photos off the cloud be deleted if I do this!?
No. Not if they’re in the cloud.

If you get another iPhone just set it up to your iCloud when you start off and they will all appear...
W

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #16717 on: September 7, 2019, 09:11:59 pm »
No. Not if they’re in the cloud.

If you get another iPhone just set it up to your iCloud when you start off and they will all appear...

Thanks, I haven't got another iphone. Don't want to lose the photos. Eventually want them secure on a computer
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16718 on: September 8, 2019, 08:07:30 am »
You just install ICloud for Windows and you can download them all

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16719 on: September 8, 2019, 02:13:00 pm »
I've read it's likely the iPhone 11 won't have 5g compatibility. It seems surprising to me that they would do that?