Author Topic: The Horse Racing thread  (Read 324279 times)

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Horse Racing thread
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2015, 05:18:47 pm »
Golden Hoof falls at the first.

I give up!
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2015, 05:22:41 pm »
Golden Hoof falls at the first.

I give up!

Mine was pulled up. Shite day in the end!

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2015, 05:23:28 pm »
Little Jon was in with a chance of a place until he hit the last, sums my luck up.

Offline El Phes

• Answers to Judith, but only on Thurdays.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Portraits / Weddings / Commercial / Events
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2015, 05:23:46 pm »
Anyone know the result yet please? 1, 2, 3, 4?

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2015, 05:23:53 pm »
FML Keltus.  :butt
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite
« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2015, 05:24:11 pm »
Generous Ransom in third, recouped my losses for the day.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2015, 05:25:05 pm »
Thomas Crapper in 2nd to round off a decent day for me.

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2015, 05:25:07 pm »
Racing Post only showing 1 Irish Cavalier and 2 Thomas Crapper.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #208 on: March 10, 2015, 05:26:03 pm »
Racing Post only showing 1 Irish Cavalier and 2 Thomas Crapper.

1 Irish Cavalier (P Townend) 11-1
2 Thomas Crapper (C Poste) 6-1 Fav
3 Generous Ransom (D A Jacob) 8-1
4 Horizontal Speed (R Johnson) 12-1

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: March 10, 2015, 05:26:39 pm »
Thank you

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2015, 05:26:51 pm »
Very frustrating when you have a shortlist of 2 and back the wrong one 5 minutes from the off  :no

Should just done them both!
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Online y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 10, 2015, 05:27:30 pm »
Does anyone know who was 5th?

First race I didn't watch and the first race I didn't get a winner. Fuck sake. Shitty 2nd.

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2015, 05:41:42 pm »
My bets for today:

Douvan, Un De Sceaux & Ned Stark trixie
Thunder & Roses 4:40
Irish Cavelier 5:15

other ante posts are
Faugheen, Annie Power, Sprinter Sacre treble
Savello  - County Hurdle
Tiger Roll - Coral Cup

150 back on irish cav, great start

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2015, 05:42:57 pm »
150 back on irish cav, great start

Well played.

Online y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2015, 05:44:24 pm »
Come on the Horsing gods, repay me after Annie Power.

Offline dioufythebrave

• but Dim.
  • Kopite
« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2015, 05:47:08 pm »
The conspiracy theories are starting about Annie Power, apparently.  Paid off by the bookies etc.

Complete idle speculative tosh. I could see a class 6 seller at Wolverhampton being fixed, but not a championship grade 1 race.

Plus, why not simply hold it back or pull it up, they wouldn't risk it falling if they wanted it beat, especially not at the last either.

whoever  came up with that are unbelievably stupid
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 05:51:26 pm by dioufythebrave »
if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best

I'll make two predictions of this...Carroll won't score 3 PL goals total for the rest of the year and we won't score 5 against any team all year.  We might still get CL football without either happening.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2015, 06:01:18 pm »
After timing central in here.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2015, 06:03:18 pm »
For those that lost with Hills on the first, have they dished out the free bet yet?

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2015, 06:04:49 pm »
For those that lost with Hills on the first, have they dished out the free bet yet?

Yep.
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2015, 06:11:44 pm »
Nice one. Wrong thread like, but whack it on he who fannies about and dives around first & Madrid to win 7/2? He's 5/2 best price anywhere else.

Offline BarnsleyScouser

• Kopite
  • Best in the World
« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2015, 09:35:42 pm »
Only tip to fall into my hands for tomorrow is off some Irish lads at work who were telling me Sprinter Sacre will not be beaten tomorrow. So with that in mind i might double it up with Any currency to try get some money back that was lost today  :lickin
If showing respect to the 96 and other victims of Hillsborough on the 15th is seen as unacceptable by other teams fans then I am glad I support Liverpool and understand some things are more important than football

Online y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2015, 09:43:11 pm »
Coral going 9/2 tomorrow on Sprinter Sacre for a short in the morning from 8.30am. Max stake £20.

I'm already quite heavily on Sprinter Sacre with a single and a larger double with Faugheen. Will probably still take them up on it, I think the big danger horse is Champagne Fever so have done a R/FC too with that. Will list the rest of my bets for tomorrow later, when i've finalised them.

Offline dioufythebrave

• but Dim.
  • Kopite
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2015, 09:45:49 pm »
Coral going 9/2 tomorrow on Sprinter Sacre for a short in the morning from 8.30am. Max stake £20.

I'm already quite heavily on Sprinter Sacre with a single and a larger double with Faugheen. Will probably still take them up on it, I think the big danger horse is Champagne Fever so have done a R/FC too with that. Will list the rest of my bets for tomorrow later, when i've finalised them.

not giving sire de grugy a chance ?
if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best

I'll make two predictions of this...Carroll won't score 3 PL goals total for the rest of the year and we won't score 5 against any team all year.  We might still get CL football without either happening.

Online y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2015, 09:51:25 pm »
not giving sire de grugy a chance ?

Wasn't that impressed with him in the last race and with that run being taken quite close to Cheltenham, think he will fade during the race.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2015, 10:05:01 pm »
Only tip to fall into my hands for tomorrow is off some Irish lads at work who were telling me Sprinter Sacre will not be beaten tomorrow. So with that in mind i might double it up with Any currency to try get some money back that was lost today  :lickin

At his old best he laughs at the field. But he hasn't won a race in two years, I don't know how anyone can be so confident about him.

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2015, 10:14:21 pm »
At his old best he laughs at the field. But he hasn't won a race in two years, I don't know how anyone can be so confident about him.

If he's 75 percent of his best he wins. I don't think Henderson would run him if he didn't think he could win though, and he travelled very nicely in his last run before just fading as you might expect after a lay-off like that. If that race has blown away some cobwebs and he's anything near his best then he'll win.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2015, 11:55:51 pm »
If he's 75 percent of his best he wins. I don't think Henderson would run him if he didn't think he could win though, and he travelled very nicely in his last run before just fading as you might expect after a lay-off like that. If that race has blown away some cobwebs and he's anything near his best then he'll win.

My exact thinking behind it as well. I think he wins this relatively easily. He's my big bet of the day alongside Don Poli.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #227 on: March 11, 2015, 12:27:03 am »
Just another quick word on Sprinter Sacre. I believe he's had as many as NINE breathing operations. That's a shitload for a horse, normally they have one or two at most. That news is putting me off him big time.

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 11, 2015, 12:33:35 am »
Going for a small stakes Sopranos related lucky 15 tomorrow, for giggles and interest.

Will be doing proper bets too. The Sopranos selections are:

Uncle Junior
Lyvius (his ma is called Lyvia)
Box Office (it's on HBO - Home Box Office)
Dodging Bullets (a bit tenuous)

My mum does stuff like this, picking on names, and wins some, jammily.

Proper bet wise, I like the look of Don Poli and Bordini but,  this might sound silly, I'm put off by the Mullins yard doing so well today. It's rare that a yard will carry over one days form into the next at Cheltenham. Think tomorrow could see some revenge for the bookies as people get sucked into backing Mullins/Walsh again.
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Online y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 11, 2015, 12:40:57 am »
I was happy with his return race, thats when I placed the Double with Faugheen. Like you say he doesn't have to be at his very best to win this, i think 80% and he will win. I have liked the vibes from Henderson but its Gerraghty that has sounded super confident on his chances.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #230 on: March 11, 2015, 02:21:48 am »
I was happy with his return race, thats when I placed the Double with Faugheen. Like you say he doesn't have to be at his very best to win this, i think 80% and he will win. I have liked the vibes from Henderson but its Gerraghty that has sounded super confident on his chances.

I'm pretty sure I've heard Geraghty saying that he feels like the same horse he rode a few years ago which is a good sign. That may well be bravado but there is always a hint of truth attached. God I love Cheltnham, so many great horses in so many great races in such a short space of time.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: March 11, 2015, 08:23:53 am »
Just done my first ever trixie no idea what it is like.  Anyone explain this is numpty terms for me?   
I assume its like a triple but one can not win??

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #232 on: March 11, 2015, 08:41:31 am »
Just done my first ever trixie no idea what it is like.  Anyone explain this is numpty terms for me?   

Three doubles and a treble mixed into one bet. Need two horses to win to at least get your money back. Unless its an ew trixie then they need to at least place but i think if one places they all get paid on the place even if the other two win - may need confirmation on the last part.

Today, i have gone for value. Its such a hard card to pick winners from so leaning more on ew than wins. Today's bets for me on the back of a decent start yesterday:

1.30 Nichols Canyon - win  (Ive also had a little ew nibble on snow falcon @ 33s)
2.05 Adriana Des Mottes - ew
2.40 Taglietelle - ew
3.20 Sprinter Sacre - win
4.00 Sire collonges - win
4.40 Sebastian Beach - ew
5.15 General Principle - ew

Best of luck!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:43:23 am by Flaccid Bobby Fowler »

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 11, 2015, 09:03:10 am »

This is why bookies are all Millionaires :)

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: March 11, 2015, 09:08:12 am »
This is why bookies are all Millionaires :)

They don't get rich from me, only ever do a couple of quid on more than one horse to up the odds a bit.    Read a little about Trixie bets last night might do a couple today.   
Had an ok day yesterday started with £4 in my account, peaked at £68 but started today on £50.   
See someone in the bookies yesterday lose 1k on Annie so am happy with my quid here and there :)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: March 11, 2015, 09:26:31 am »
They don't get rich from me, only ever do a couple of quid on more than one horse to up the odds a bit.    Read a little about Trixie bets last night might do a couple today.   
Had an ok day yesterday started with £4 in my account, peaked at £68 but started today on £50.   
See someone in the bookies yesterday lose 1k on Annie so am happy with my quid here and there :)

That's all well and good but I was referring to you pacing bets and not even knowing what the bet is.  It was only a joke mate :)

Whatever the big boys lost on Annie yesterday would only have been money they had already won on Douvan, Faugheen and Un De Sceaux.

Dont kid yourself though. The 50p punters like yourself and low stakes gamblers like me, is what keep the bookies in business.  All those punters placing bets they know nothing about is utopia for them especially at Cheltenham and the Grand National etc.

Good luck with ye Trixie anyhow, it will probably come in now. (hope it does) :)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 11, 2015, 09:30:30 am »
Seems to be plenty of support for Dodging Bullets aswell, he has beaten Sprinter Sacre albeit an off form SS.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 11, 2015, 09:31:32 am »
That's all well and good but I was referring to you pacing bets and not even knowing what the bet is.  It was only a joke mate :)

Whatever the big boys lost on Annie yesterday would only have been money they had already won on Douvan, Faugheen and Un De Sceaux.

Dont kid yourself though. The 50p punters like yourself and low stakes gamblers like me, is what keep the bookies in business.  All those punters placing bets they know nothing about is utopia for them especially at Cheltenham and the Grand National etc.

Good luck with ye Trixie anyhow, it will probably come in now. (hope it does) :)

I am sure you are right about the low stakes making them all the money.   Footie accas they must love them.   
All my mates do them and always moan that one team lost.

I am also sure that no one bets such big amounts without covering it some way or another.  :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 11, 2015, 09:36:58 am »
Seems to be plenty of support for Dodging Bullets aswell, he has beaten Sprinter Sacre albeit an off form SS.

I fancy Dodging Bullets myself.

I'm also opposing Don Poli in the RSA

Kings Palace is a Cheltenham specialist and has won 4 times at this track. The ground will suit and on his day he can really jump.

NAP of the day for me is Kings Palace. Just taken 9/2

Going for a Dodging Bullets/Kings Palace Double too

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: March 11, 2015, 09:44:11 am »
I fancy Dodging Bullets myself.

I'm on KP too BP. :)