Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5717883 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Wenger Gone - Unai Emery appointed
« Reply #54000 on: November 6, 2019, 04:23:38 pm »
When you think about the way Aubameyang treated Dortmund when he was captain their, it’s just ridiculous to make him captain.

Xhaka has been very badly treated
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #54001 on: November 6, 2019, 04:29:47 pm »
When you think about the way Aubameyang treated Dortmund when he was captain their, it’s just ridiculous to make him captain.

Xhaka has been very badly treated

Auba was never captain of Dortmund, beyond maybe a couple games, Schmelzer, Reus and Sokratis where all ahead of him, so if none of them played, he would have been next choice!

He really isn't classic captain material I don't think, which I suppose shows how little leadership Arsenal have at the moment.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54002 on: November 6, 2019, 04:37:30 pm »
Pepe playing tonight.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54003 on: November 6, 2019, 04:39:59 pm »
It may not have been smart by Xhaka, but he was entirely justified to tell the fans booing him to go forth and multiply. They are the guilty party here and he doesn't need to apologise. Why should he take it? If my clients booed/insulted me whilst doing my job I'd tell them where to go as well. Saying he abused the fans is laughable.

The only reason that it isn't smart is because its not good for his career; nothing to do with the right and wrongs of the situation.

Because quite simply, 'the fans' are not a single person - whereas Xhaka is.  Again, you are right in a vacuum, but this is football and I do agree he was justified to be frustrated and tell the fans to fuck off.  But looking bigger picture here, you can't punish 'a fanbase' - even if you're talking about 0.01% who is actually doing this sort of thing.  Sure, you can start removing fans from the ground for booing people, but then you start banning users online who abuse them, why not remove comments who are negative too?  At the end of the day reacting against the fans rarely goes well for a player, even if it's the right choice in the moment to say 'I don't deserve this moment'.

In many ways it is a lot like tailgating the person who cuts you up and sticking your fingers up for them to see in the mirror.  Sure, they're in the wrong - your actions are justified, right?  But you're still acting the idiot.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54004 on: November 6, 2019, 04:41:04 pm »
Auba was never captain of Dortmund, beyond maybe a couple games, Schmelzer, Reus and Sokratis where all ahead of him, so if none of them played, he would have been next choice!

He really isn't classic captain material I don't think, which I suppose shows how little leadership Arsenal have at the moment.

Surprised they didn't give it to Leno, he's been playing well and has been kept far busier than he should be.  I'd much prefer Auba focused on scoring goals and nothing else.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54005 on: November 6, 2019, 04:45:28 pm »
Surprised they didn't give it to Leno, he's been playing well and has been kept far busier than he should be.  I'd much prefer Auba focused on scoring goals and nothing else.

Leno's a good shout actully. He captained Leverkusen a fair bit too.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54006 on: November 6, 2019, 04:59:31 pm »

Because quite simply, 'the fans' are not a single person - whereas Xhaka is.  Again, you are right in a vacuum, but this is football and I do agree he was justified to be frustrated and tell the fans to fuck off.  But looking bigger picture here, you can't punish 'a fanbase' - even if you're talking about 0.01% who is actually doing this sort of thing.  Sure, you can start removing fans from the ground for booing people, but then you start banning users online who abuse them, why not remove comments who are negative too?  At the end of the day reacting against the fans rarely goes well for a player, even if it's the right choice in the moment to say 'I don't deserve this moment'.

In many ways it is a lot like tailgating the person who cuts you up and sticking your fingers up for them to see in the mirror.  Sure, they're in the wrong - your actions are justified, right?  But you're still acting the idiot.

No-one is talking about punishments. Just that if fans boo their own players they can expect to be told to fuck off and quite rightly. And the fans shouldn't expect an apology. As for the fans being multiple people - his comment was only directed at the ones booing him.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54007 on: November 6, 2019, 05:12:41 pm »
No-one is talking about punishments. Just that if fans boo their own players they can expect to be told to fuck off and quite rightly. And the fans shouldn't expect an apology. As for the fans being multiple people - his comment was only directed at the ones booing him.

I brought up punishments because often the best way to incentivise behaviour is to encourage a positive contribution and penalise negative.  Abusing players certainly falls under the negative.  Overall it's a culture issue though - not sure what booing players is meant to achieve to be honest, but it is what it is.  Largely a part of this (in my opinion) is due to the Arsenal crowd often trending a little older due to ticket price, some perhaps having a 'this isn't like the good old days' attitude instead of committing to enjoying the match regardless.  It's been like this for quite a few years.

Either way, it's providing some good popcorn for other fans however it isn't helping the season - Spurs and Utd are looking shaky, but a resurgent Leicester City and Chelsea (despite their transfer ban) will mean cocking up top 4 again will be a shocker.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54008 on: November 6, 2019, 05:45:32 pm »
Went on Arsenal Mania. They literally were gutted when they took the lead and celebrated conceding the equaliser. Didn't realise the hatred of Unai was so much.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54009 on: November 6, 2019, 05:49:22 pm »
An early Christmas bonus for Robbie.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #54010 on: November 6, 2019, 05:49:56 pm »
Went on Arsenal Mania. They literally were gutted when they took the lead and celebrated conceding the equaliser. Didn't realise the hatred of Unai was so much.
They are still 4 points ahead top of their group. WTF more do they want?
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Online RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #54011 on: November 6, 2019, 05:50:26 pm »
what a pathetic bunch  :lmao

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54012 on: November 6, 2019, 06:02:38 pm »
Why were they playing tonight on a CL night?

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #54013 on: November 6, 2019, 06:03:09 pm »
what a pathetic bunch  :lmao
They couldn’t have handled the Xhaka thing any worse imo - I mean do they think anyone’s going to be feeling better about it now?

They should have just embraced the bad vibes and at least put a bit of fire in everyone’s belly for a bit.  The last thing they need is to make like Team Nicey-Nice, they’ve been trying that since Vieira left and look where it’s got them.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54014 on: November 6, 2019, 06:03:21 pm »
Fucking hell.

:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #54015 on: November 6, 2019, 06:03:46 pm »
Why were they playing tonight on a CL night?

This

Due to another team Braga are playing at home nearby in the same comp tomorrow, UEFA rules no teams can play at home same matchweek.

21.03 If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50km (31 miles) of
each other, is taking part in any of the UEFA club competitions and/or plays in the
same stadium, and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declare
when entering the clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day or
on consecutive days, the UEFA administration may alter or confirm dates and kickoff times in accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions
Committee.
#Sausages

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54016 on: November 6, 2019, 06:08:09 pm »
It gets better. Aaron Ramsey just scored for Juventus.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54017 on: November 6, 2019, 06:21:50 pm »

Agree about Leno. It would mean putting him in front of the media more often and I always find his monologues entertaining.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54018 on: November 6, 2019, 07:37:19 pm »
Mother of god...

Police have released new video of Kolasinac being attacked.

He literally just ignores the guy feinting to attack him with a knife!

https://twitter.com/futbolbible/status/1192122318346162176?s=21
W

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54019 on: November 6, 2019, 07:40:58 pm »
Mother of god...

This why he should be the next Arsenal Captain.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54020 on: November 6, 2019, 07:47:28 pm »
Mother of god...

Kolasinac is as cold as ice!  That idiot with the knife must have been mightily confused to get such a reaction. 

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54021 on: November 6, 2019, 09:14:14 pm »
Kolasinac is as cold as ice!  That idiot with the knife must have been mightily confused to get such a reaction. 
id have been shit scared if I was the guy with the knife!!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54022 on: November 6, 2019, 09:14:53 pm »

Balkan mentality  8)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #54023 on: November 6, 2019, 10:48:05 pm »
It really is crazy how quickly it goes south at Arsenal.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #54024 on: November 6, 2019, 10:51:09 pm »
Must be longing for a top four finish and a last 16 champions league exit.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54025 on: November 6, 2019, 11:13:06 pm »
Merson saying David Luiz should've been made Arsenal captain, is he back on the bottle????
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54026 on: November 6, 2019, 11:15:37 pm »
Merson saying David Luiz should've been made Arsenal captain, is he back on the bottle????
Yes.

He is.
W

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54027 on: November 7, 2019, 05:24:53 am »
How come Arsenal played on Wednesday?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #54028 on: November 7, 2019, 05:34:47 am »
How come Arsenal played on Wednesday?
Because Sporting Braga (<25 km away) plays a home game on Thursday?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54029 on: November 7, 2019, 07:32:29 am »
They had a great transfer window though.   ;)

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54030 on: November 7, 2019, 11:21:43 am »
520 completed passes last night. Only one into the box. Ouch.

Online Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54031 on: November 7, 2019, 12:15:18 pm »

I was okay with Xhaka, as I felt his reaction was justified. But your explanation gives me pause. Xhaka didn't deserve this, but I agree now that he probably shouldn't have reacted in the way that he did. However, I don't agree with this part:

But looking bigger picture here, you can't punish 'a fanbase' - even if you're talking about 0.01% who is actually doing this sort of thing.

You absolutely should be taking some steps with your fanbase, not punishment necessarily but something. The way your fans have gone about with the team is not going to attract any decent players. The decent ones currently present may even want to leave.
IMO, the first thing that should happen is to get rid of AFTV. Spreads toxicity in the fanbase, and makes mountains out of the smallest molehills.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54032 on: November 7, 2019, 12:15:48 pm »
Did Pepe light it up last night?

I am still confused about him - he seems like he has the tools to be a great player....

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54033 on: November 8, 2019, 08:43:17 am »
520 completed passes last night. Only one into the box. Ouch.

Boring, boring Arsenal
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54034 on: November 8, 2019, 10:38:37 pm »
That Portuguese side almost scored again straight after their goal, hit the post, lol, the meltdowns on AFTV would have been biblical

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54035 on: November 8, 2019, 11:09:42 pm »
Did Pepe light it up last night?

I am still confused about him - he seems like he has the tools to be a great player....

Remember when we called Lille and said "we don't want him, stop using Liverpool to get some sucker team to pay over the odds for him"
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54036 on: November 8, 2019, 11:11:57 pm »
Remember when we called Lille and said "we don't want him, stop using Liverpool to get some sucker team to pay over the odds for him"

The best was Lille and his agent still insisting he had an offer from Liverpool (and he may have but at half the price).

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54037 on: November 8, 2019, 11:14:22 pm »
The best was Lille and his agent still insisting he had an offer from Liverpool (and he may have but at half the price).

36m? If that's true that's a rare fuck up by Michael and the gang!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54038 on: November 8, 2019, 11:17:00 pm »

Haha

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #54039 on: November 9, 2019, 12:38:49 am »

His nickname is Kool...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...