Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3455285 times)

Offline "Bobber" Thanks :)

• But Hicks Is Still A Wanker
  • Kopite

Exactly, I'm not sure how people don't get this. Hey stop protesting about this plight your people have suffered for hundreds of years. We have our own plight going on at the moment so yours will have to take a back seat for now (again).

The virus is everyone’s plight. Why can’t everyone be respectful towards everyone’s wellbeing, whatever the reason.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
and btw there have been BLM related marches in manc before so it’s not a one off thing, at least for manc
That's true enough - and there have been marches and protests against racism in many countries for decades yet here we are in 2020 and the situation doesn't appear to be getting any better - quite the opposite!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Looks like it's all gone bandy on Whitehall.
What's that?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
The virus is everyone’s plight. Why can’t everyone be respectful towards everyone’s wellbeing, whatever the reason.

Yeah exactly, it's just another plight to add to the one black or brown people have been fighting for nearly 500 years. You can't begrudge them for protesting. Look at the response coronavirus elicited in you, it's something you want to fight against, it's something you want to eradicate. Well black and brown people have been fighting a similar virus for nigh on 500 years, I'll forgive them if they feel the need to protest against it, I'll go further than that and join them in solidarity.

Eradicating racism should be everyone's plight.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Exactly, I'm not sure how people don't get this. Hey stop protesting about this plight your people have suffered for hundreds of years. We have our own plight going on at the moment so yours will have to take a back seat for now (again).

Isn't that quite needlessly reductive. Not all protesters are black. Not all people concerned about covid risks posed by the mass gathering are not black. It's just people, not race blocs.

I've yet to see anyone on RAWK express anything other than concern for the health consequences of the contacts of people attending non-socially distant protests. Something we all collectively share, I'm sure: a will that we can all keep as healthy as possible during this pandemic (and in non-pandemic times)

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, but they've basically just let the government off the hook was the point. They can set the narrative that mass protests with social distancing ignored were strongly warned against for spreading the virus and they didn't listen.

And I'm afraid they'd have a point.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
What's that?
Riot police etc. Saw a riderless police horse legging all over the place. There was mayhem by Downing Street.f
« Last Edit: June 6, 2020, 06:31:05 pm by Dr. Beaker »
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Isn't that quite needlessly reductive. Not all protesters are black. Not all people concerned about covid risks posed by the mass gathering are not black. It's just people, not race blocs.

I've yet to see anyone on RAWK express anything other than concern for the health consequences of the contacts of people attending non-socially distant protests. Something we all collectively share, I'm sure: a will that we can all keep as healthy as possible during this pandemic (and in non-pandemic times)

Yeah fair enough I see your concerns. I'm not going to condemn people for protesting though, whatever their skin colour. You don't get to decide what is more important to people.

The people aren't out on the streets for some big happy piss up, I'm sure they would love to not have to be out protesting.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And I'm afraid they'd have a point.

They could just say they were checking their eyesight.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Have protests started in any other major UK cities yet?

Offline "Bobber" Thanks :)

• But Hicks Is Still A Wanker
  • Kopite
Yeah fair enough I see your concerns. I'm not going to condemn people for protesting though, whatever their skin colour. You don't get to decide what is more important to people.

The people aren't out on the streets for some big happy piss up, I'm sure they would love to not have to be out protesting.

Which would be fine if these people were going to self isolate for 14 days after the protests. But how many will? I bet not many because, instead they will be spreading the virus to innocent people, people who are neither racist or wish harm on others. But that doesn’t matter, fuck them their only strangers, their lives have no consequence.

I see both sides, and yes racism or any sort of bigotry or inequality should be everyone’s fight, but not at the very high risk to innocent lives.

Anyway I’ve said my point of view, we do all have good intentions on here.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Which would be fine if these people were going to self isolate for 14 days after the protests. But how many will? I bet not many because, instead they will be spreading the virus to innocent people, people who are neither racist or wish harm on others. But that doesn’t matter, fuck them their only strangers, their lives have no consequence.

I see both sides, and yes racism or any sort of bigotry or inequality should be everyone’s fight, but not at the very high risk to innocent lives.

Anyway I’ve said my point of view, we do all have good intentions on here.
Yeah, that last note is important I feel. I genuinely haven’t come across anyone on RAWK who I would consider even remotely racist. It’s just inevitable that opinions are going to differ given the timing of these protests.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Have protests started in any other major UK cities yet?
One due in Bristol tomorrow, you know, that place in the South West where the R number is hovering around 1. 

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
These marches could very well end up killing multiple people

Of all colours

It’s like if you say this or say anything about how dangerous these marches are your a racist

I completely fucking resent that.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Sunday Times reporting that the mood in government has very much changed towards saving jobs and the economy rather than "following the science".

We will see how sustainable that is if the R starts rising significantly above 1.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sunday Times reporting that the mood in government has very much changed towards saving jobs and the economy rather than "following the science".

We will see how sustainable that is if the R starts rising significantly above 1.

Doubt any going back now.

Businesses need to start opening, hospitality urgently needs to get go and offices have to open.

No vaccine, no cure in sight. The government have messed up from the start but now the economy needs to kick start.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan

Was always inevitable really and probably not just for the UK. I guess an interesting question is has the the mood in the public changed towards saving jobs and the economy rather than "following the science"? Maybe not yet, but it's inching in that direction I think - but me thinking that is only coming from limited discussions with friends and acquaintances, there seems to be a gradual move in that direction taking place.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

So no proper track and trace till September at least, but easing lockdown a few months before its properly in place?

I don't know the data, but for people on the Furlough, will there be sufficient demand that they have a job to go back too?

Mass redundancies for Christmas, not controlling this virus and then end of Brexit transition for New Year. I'm I being too pessimistic and over dramatic?
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

So we've gone from Follow the science to Follow the money.
Mind you that sounds about right for a corrupt incompetent government.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Was always inevitable really and probably not just for the UK. I guess an interesting question is has the the mood in the public changed towards saving jobs and the economy rather than "following the science"? Maybe not yet, but it's inching in that direction I think - but me thinking that is only coming from limited discussions with friends and acquaintances, there seems to be a gradual move in that direction taking place.

Sounds like the whole climate change argument is being replicated.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan

Not really there's universal agreement that the costs associated with tackling climate change are far far less than the costs would be of doing nothing. It's not the same situation with Covid-19 there is definitely a point where the medicine becomes worse than the disease is, when that is, is the million dollar question of course.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
So no proper track and trace till September at least, but easing lockdown a few months before its properly in place?

I don't know the data, but for people on the Furlough, will there be sufficient demand that they have a job to go back too?

Mass redundancies for Christmas, not controlling this virus and then end of Brexit transition for New Year. I'm I being too pessimistic and over dramatic?

Also pushing to get the social distancing limit down to 1m from 2m, but UK scientists not apparently playing ball so far.

Want to get seasonal businesses open for summer or they fear they will go under.

Trying to negotiate travel corridors with popular holiday destinations so that the whole self imposed quarantine issue is sidestepped.

Current timeline on some loosening is reported as Beer gardens -Late June, Holidays - June 28, Theme parks - July 4, Weddings - before Mid-Jul

« Last Edit: June 7, 2020, 02:12:29 am by filopastry »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Not really there's universal agreement that the costs associated with tackling climate change are far far less than the costs would be of doing nothing. It's not the same situation with Covid-19 there is definitely a point where the medicine becomes worse than the disease is, when that is, is the million dollar question of course.

So we don't listen to the scientists in both cases.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan

They have listened to the scientists in both cases maybe you don't like the actions they've taken but they have listened. They can offer advice about what the best steps are to lessen the death toll from Covid but there may be a point where you have to disregard the advice if the result will be more deaths as a result of a destroyed economy.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan

They have listened to the scientists in both cases maybe you don't like the actions they've taken but they have listened. They can offer advice about what the best steps are to lessen the death toll from Covid but there may be a point where you have to disregard the advice if the result will be more deaths as a result of a destroyed economy.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
This links into a couple of the major news themes, as well as concerns at local government level about what comes next and adequate funding to mitigate.

The wider health literature suggests that people from lower socioeconomic backgrounds are less resilient to shocks such as ill-health, experiencing greater financial burden, and hardship. This suggests there is likely to be a social gradient in these experiences during COVID-19, but so far there has been limited empirical investigation of inequalities in experience of adversity during the pandemic. Nevertheless, these experiences of burden and hardship are vital to understand as studies of previous epidemics have found a relationship between experience of adversity and psychological consequences including post-traumatic stress and depression. This echoes wider literature on the strong relationship between adversities relating to finances, basic needs, and ill-health, and poor mental and physical health outcomes.

Therefore, this study explored the changing patterns of adversity relating to the COVID-19 pandemic by socioeconomic position (SEP) during the first few weeks of lockdown in the UK. We focused on three types of adversity: (1) financial stressors (loss of work, partner’s loss of work, cut in household income or inability to pay bills), (2) challenges relating to basic needs (including food, medications and accommodation) and (3) experience of the virus itself (including contracting the virus, a close person being hospitalised and a close person dying). We sought to explore the nature of the relationship between SEP and (1) number of adversities experienced, (2) type of adversity experienced, and (3) how the relationship evolved over the first 3 weeks of lockdown.

When exploring the patterns for each type of adversity individually, there was a clear social gradient across all financial measures and across factors relating to basic needs. People of lower SEP were 1.5 times more likely to experience loss of work compared with people of higher SEP, and their partners were twice as likely to experience loss of work. They were also 7.2 times more likely to be unable to pay bills in week 1 (rising to 8.7 times more likely by week 3), 4.1 times more likely to be unable to access sufficient food in week 1 (rising to 4.9 times more likely be week 3) and 2.5 times more likely to be unable to access required medication. However, there was little evidence of a gradient in experiences directly relating to the virus, with no significant differences between groups. In comparing the change in experience of each specific adversity over time by SEP, the inequalities present in each individual adversity were maintained each week, with no evidence of improvement over time.

Good news is that a lot of this can be mitigated if it's recognised. eg It shouldn't be that hard to get the number of people worrying about feeding themselves and their family right down to negligeable.

Even if these initial financial shocks are reduced over time as schemes come into effect and as more measures are taken, they are still concerning, given the well-researched link between experience of adversities and poor mental health outcomes, poor physical health outcomes and suicides. In planning ahead for anticipated upcoming stages in the fallout from the pandemic, such as a possible future recession, this suggests that more steps need to be taken urgently to reduce further adverse effects for individuals of lower SEP before further negative effects occur.

https://jech.bmj.com/content/early/2020/06/04/jech-2020-214475.full

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan

It does a bit

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
This links into a couple of the major news themes, as well as concerns at local government level about what comes next and adequate funding to mitigate.

Good news is that a lot of this can be mitigated if it's recognised. eg It shouldn't be that hard to get the number of people worrying about feeding themselves and their family right down to negligeable.

https://jech.bmj.com/content/early/2020/06/04/jech-2020-214475.full

Looks interesting that paper. I'll read that tomorrow and not tonight after too many whiskeys.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No idea how you would know if our government did listen to the scientists.
We scientists said lock down. But UK politicians refused to listen
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/15/uk-government-coronavirus-science-who-advice
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
No idea how you would know if our government did listen to the scientists.
We scientists said lock down. But UK politicians refused to listen
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/15/uk-government-coronavirus-science-who-advice

April 15th that was, bit sobering to read it. Still too late, as a scientist I locked down my folks in mid Feb, they haven't hugged their grandkids since then, they haven't left the house bar hospital appointment. It was clear as day this was coming, the only question was how fast.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
April 15th that was, bit sobering to read it. Still too late, as a scientist I locked down my folks in mid Feb, they haven't hugged their grandkids since then, they haven't left the house bar hospital appointment. It was clear as day this was coming, the only question was how fast.
March 17th was the last time i went out to shop. went to Asda at 7pm to avoid walking through a  crowded shop,am not sure if i had heard the expression "social distancing" back then, all i knew was keep away from people if you can.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
they've said they listened to the science because its an easy fallback when it all goes tits up, as it pretty much has been so far, politicians can distance themselves from the scientists come election time

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
I've seen a couple of articles now on the bbc where it's clear the impact this is having on medical staff. They are utterly exhausted by this. Some with permanent medical conditions and and it seems many will have some sort of post traumatic disorder. We need to find some way to help them. Not least because we will need them for wave 2.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Crumble

• It's rhyming slang
  • Kopite

From chatting to people I play golf with, plenty of people still think the lockdown was a bad idea, an overreaction that should never have happened in the first place. After all, most people who catch it have it mild, most people who die of it didn't have long to go anyway. People die of stuff every day, we should just get on with our lives. The scientists got it wrong, we build loads of temporary hospitals that never got used while stopping ordinary people from earning a living.

So a decent proportion of the public, including most Tory voters, will be quietly cheering the end of the lockdown: shame about the dead people, time to move on. Cummings has judged this one right.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
Also pushing to get the social distancing limit down to 1m from 2m, but UK scientists not apparently playing ball so far.

Want to get seasonal businesses open for summer or they fear they will go under.

Trying to negotiate travel corridors with popular holiday destinations so that the whole self imposed quarantine issue is sidestepped.

Current timeline on some loosening is reported as Beer gardens -Late June, Holidays - June 28, Theme parks - July 4, Weddings - before Mid-Jul

The father in law is on the committee of a traditional working mans club. They've been told to 'prepare' to open up from the 4th July by the brewery. No mention of how or social distancing although with the government advice seems to arrive the night before.

Seems very odd when Whitty was banging on about restrictions all year. The science appears to be irrelevant now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
The father in law is on the committee of a traditional working mans club. They've been told to 'prepare' to open up from the 4th July by the brewery. No mention of how or social distancing although with the government advice seems to arrive the night before.

Seems very odd when Whitty was banging on about restrictions all year. The science appears to be irrelevant now.

I think your last lines pretty much sums it up. I wonder if a time will come when the scientists decide to no longer take part in the updates, what with the total lack of respect there being shown by the present Government. It is pretty obvious those in power are only interested about the economy now. But it is noticeable about how many more scientists are becoming more public in their opinions over how its being handled.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
If we wanted to follow the science to increase life expectancy, we would ban the sale of tobacco products. We would probably ban the sale of alcohol. And maybe we should have some kind of salt , sugar and fat ration. And gyms would be state subsidised. I know all of those things are things we can control ourselves. But you get my drift.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan

Can you pinpoint the moment, since 2010, when the austerity-driven Tories started caring about public lives? You're right, they're looking at the economy, but it absolutely isn't because of the 'deaths as a result of a destroyed economy.'

A disease that disproportionately wipes out BAME, the poor and the elderly* seems like it could've been dreamt up in a Tory think-tank.

*The elderly most affected have been in care homes or poorer backgrounds - so not really the Tory base.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do

This virus isn`t about black and white, it`s about people regardless of ethnicity.

I think it`s safe to say people will die from someone infected at these protests. It may be people who attended the protests and it may be people who contract the virus from people who attended a protest.

Does that make it ok for someone to die because people are protesting against centuries of racism? Would you still have the same stance if it was one of your nearest and dearest who died as a result of getting this virus through these protests?

Whilst I agree with the reasons behind the protests, I don`t agree it`s acceptable to potentially kill someone by attending.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
Latest ICNARC report shows an improving mortality rate overall for those in critical care. 57.6% discharged alive in the latest figures - was pretty much around 50% at the start of the crisis if i remember correctly.