Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1040075 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
As others have said, I think the main problems are that it's just been too rushed, and also the fact that the dialogue for some of the characters seems to have taken several steps backwards compared to earlier series.

Previously, events like the battles of King's Landing and Winterfell would have been the stand-out set-piece of a full series, now they only have an episode between them. Episode 4 had to deal with the aftermath of one battle while building up the next one, and didn't have enough time to do either properly.

I don't have a problem with how most of the character's have ended up, but the condensed plot means the last few steps of their journey has been too rushed. Jamie running back to Cersei, Arya giving up on killing Cersei, Varys betraying Dany, Dany going beserk - all of these things would have been better if they'd had a bit more time.

I know every would-be writer (or blogger) on the internet has had their say on how they think things should have been done, so I'll only mention one tweak I thought of - have Daenarys execute Varys' little bird alongside him. It shows an extra step on her taking a darker path, and could also be a call-back (either directly or indirectly) to Jon executing Olly.

The poisoning plot was so rushed that lots of people missed it,we aren't even sure that she knew he was trying to poison her,all we saw was the Imp run to her after seeing Jon fuck Varys off on the beach,he did that to beat Jon to it imo but again we don't know because D&D didn't have the time to flesh it out.

Pair of tossers.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Why would you call him "the Imp" and not Tyrion? It's not as if he doesn't have a name.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why would you call him "the Imp" and not Tyrion? It's not as if he doesn't have a name.

Character arc  ;D

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Was it an earned one?

Debatable,his shitty advice is to blame for a lot of deaths,he should've let Dany destroy the Red Keep when she first wanted to,he then turned nark.

Take it up with GRRM.  ;D

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
for the most part petitions can fuck off in general.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
For what its worth, I'm enjoying the story telling. It is rushed but I have been entertained.

Personally, entertainment that annoys you and makes you angry is still entertainment. It is still worth your time. All the people complaining and re-writing episodes will eventually realize "this show had a huge impact on me".

If a form of entertainment leaves you 100% satisfied it is just weird ha.

Football is entertainment for most people. I have watched LFC lift 11 trophies in almost 30 years of watching them. Every season has annoyed me and I would re-write most. But complaining doesn't make it better.
This GoT loving Liverpool FC fan gets it.

I'm loving the analogies with LFC in particular. We've had brilliant games where the last minutes are basically time-wasting and playing for the result. Doesn't invalidate the rest of the match though does it?
We've had seasons we would all rewrite. Keep a character here; lose a character there (sorry, player); definitely change THAT result... Guess what? Despite the disappointment, we get over it; realise that we, as fans, have little to zero control over the outcomes and eventually, we move on.

Basically, moaning (sorry, intelligently critiquing) about something you have no control over is a waste of time and emotion and, as far as this series is concerned, little more than hysterical fanfic where people say what SHOULD have happened. Well guess what? It didn't. GoT over it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 05:14:38 am by McrRed »

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada

Game of Thrones Facts
‏ @thronesfacts

#GameOfThrones showrunners D&D say they will be ‘very drunk’ and ‘far away from the internet’ for the S8 Finale
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
In fact they might even just kinda forget it’s on
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
What makes Breaking Bad better than Curb your enthusiasm? In fact, what makes any show better than Curb your enthusiasm?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
What makes Breaking Bad better than Curb your enthusiasm? In fact, what makes any show better than Curb your enthusiasm?

Nothing is (except Band of Brothers).
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm

Nothing is (except Band of Brothers).

Generation Kill is better  :-X
:D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
At this point, I sort of want the ending that will piss off the maximum number of people. Something like, as Dany approaches the throne she’s won, Greyworm stabs her in the back, and sits in the throne, saying this was his plan all along.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
I’d go along with that. Maximum bullshit now please. Turn it up to 11.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Remember how Lost ended? :D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan

Actually no! They were in a church except for Locke? That’s about all I recall.

Not nearly as memorable as Dexter ;D

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
At this point, I sort of want the ending that will piss off the maximum number of people. Something like, as Dany approaches the throne she’s won, Greyworm stabs her in the back, and sits in the throne, saying this was his plan all along.

As long as the Curb theme plays somewhere
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
As long as the Curb theme plays somewhere

There will probably be a compilation of moments.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan

Probably the most pathetic thing 'fandom' can do.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Surely, "fandom" is the very definition of pathetic?

How grown ups can waste their time signing up to a petition about a fantasy TV show is beyond belief.

Even worse than all the old dears lamenting the latest character written out of Corrie.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sopranos was phenomenal. Not really fair to compare the two, it’s like comparing Lord of the Rings with Goodfellas.

Sopranos has got an insane amount of great characters though that I don’t think GOT has

That's because all the best characters have been killed off. Whole families of them in fact, and I think that is where the problem is this season. Great, all the younger actors are getting the limelight now, but scenes with Olenna Martell, Tywin Lannister, Obeyrn Martell, Joffrey Lannister, Ramsay Bolton and Petyr Baelish are all sadly missed now.

I still love the show, but deep down I knew this season would lack something as it was all going to be down to two main battles and the aftermath. I haven't cared for the Daenerys story from the first season, it always seemed to take too long and go nowhere in particular, but I guess she is making up for lost time now. The Jon Snow story has been a lot better, but he was always going to end up the hero, especially after his first death, so became a bit predictable. It's all become a bit too epic now. At least old George knows how not to finish his books now I suppose.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
That's because all the best characters have been killed off. Whole families of them in fact, and I think that is where the problem is this season. Great, all the younger actors are getting the limelight now, but scenes with Olenna Martell, Tywin Lannister, Obeyrn Martell, Joffrey Lannister, Ramsay Bolton and Petyr Baelish are all sadly missed now.

I still love the show, but deep down I knew this season would lack something as it was all going to be down to two main battles and the aftermath. I haven't cared for the Daenerys story from the first season, it always seemed to take too long and go nowhere in particular, but I guess she is making up for lost time now. The Jon Snow story has been a lot better, but he was always going to end up the hero, especially after his first death, so became a bit predictable. It's all become a bit too epic now. At least old George knows how not to finish his books now I suppose.

Spoiler alert......not every character survived in the Sopranos :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, but that was a dog, not a dragon.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Yeah, but that was a dog, not a dragon.

You mean Pussy? Or Ralphie Shitzu?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 11:45:31 pm by The 1989 Brit Awards »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

And then Ghost's music starts playing as JR goes "Bah GAWD, it's Ghost's music!" who then goes on to maul Jon. And just when you think Ghost and Grey Worm are going to rule together, Ghost mauls Greyworm to death and removes its mask to reveal itself as Cersei Lannister, who hired a faceless man to train her when the others were battling the NightKing.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Lost ended? I thought it was still going on somewhere with bother shit twist occurring by the week.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spoiler alert......not every character survived in the Sopranos :)

I still don't know what happened in the Sopranos. Unlike most things like Got or the Wire, which had been on for ages before I started watching, I actually watched it from when it started and for whatever reason, I didn't watch the final series.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite

Yeah me too, surely there's some kind of action we can take show them how much it pisses us off

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Yeah me too, surely there's some kind of action we can take show them how much it pisses us off

fly around the world and set fire to everyone who put their name on the petition?

it seems kinda fitting.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
fly around the world and set fire to everyone who put their name on the petition?

it seems kinda fitting.

How many dragons would that take?

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
How many dragons would that take?

none mate we've got planes these days. people do moan about legroom but I reckon it's more comfortable than hanging onto another living creature.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
I'm so fucking excited for (the reaction to) this episode

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite

Bron travels 1000 miles north at 5mp, at least partly through enemy lines, to threaten his only friends, and then instead of staying with said friends and ensuring he gets paid, he returns to kings landing at 5mp to fight for Cerci.  In 3000 words or more explain the logic

Its like an exam question, only tougher

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

Game of Thrones S8E05 Explained - by Alt Shift X:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yMlrVwsWWSk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yMlrVwsWWSk</a>

^ as ever... some pretty good insights, criticisms, and interpretations of GOT (and some of the prophecies and expectations too) - as well as some stuff some of us may have overlooked...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 04:24:14 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bron travels 1000 miles north at 5mp, at least partly through enemy lines, to threaten his only friends, and then instead of staying with said friends and ensuring he gets paid, he returns to kings landing at 5mp to fight for Cerci.  In 3000 words or more explain the logic

Its like an exam question, only tougher

In two words.

He didn't.

Online Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
I'm so fucking excited for (the reaction to) this episode

After the shite of this season I’m almost scared to watch it. After Arya killed the night king I’m guessing it will be Jon who kills Dany and then convinces Greyworm and the armies not to kill him as we all know Jon won’t die.

Hopefully the writers grabbed a few monkeys from a local zoo, gave them a laptop and ran with what they wrote as I’m sure it would be better than the shite we’ve had this season. After watching 100’s of tv shows over the years I don’t think I’ve ever seen one collapse so quickly as this.

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
In two words.

He didn't.
Ah, I thought the lannisters split at Winterfell. But its more about the logic of the deal, is a threat still a threat when no ones around to pay

Oh, my bad. I just realised the threat was killing them then with his intsa load crossbow, I was thinking that was just him stating his terms
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 04:57:48 pm by HelterSkelter »