Author Topic: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April  (Read 170867 times)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April
« Reply #920 on: April 27, 2016, 04:08:07 pm »
Ed Thomas ‏@EdThomas76  · 4m4 minutes ago 

BREAKING The BBC understands that the chief Constable of South Yorkshire police David Crompton has been suspended

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #922 on: April 27, 2016, 04:15:08 pm »
 Andy Burnham will never make a better speech than that. Ever. Absolutely fantastic piece of oratory.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #923 on: April 27, 2016, 04:16:15 pm »

BREAKING The BBC understands that the chief Constable of South Yorkshire police David Crompton has been suspended

Good.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #924 on: April 27, 2016, 04:19:20 pm »

Wow.

And here we go.
:D

Offline MrEazi1

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #925 on: April 27, 2016, 04:22:09 pm »
Let's hope SYP will be swept from top to bottom. We keep hearing how they've changed but as Barry Devonside said - their conduct at the inquest, returning to previous false narratives - shows in many ways they haven't.

This is incredible. After 27 years of precious little breakthroughs, its like the wheels of justice have been set in motion and cannot be stopped.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: April 27, 2016, 04:22:19 pm »

Brilliant news! :)

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #927 on: April 27, 2016, 04:24:09 pm »
Andy Burnham take a bow son!

Fantastic!!

Superb news developing about the syp

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #928 on: April 27, 2016, 04:27:22 pm »
David Conn ‏@david_conn 2m2 minutes ago

Hillsborough: South Yorkshire police chief constable David Crompton, heavily criticised for conduct of inquests, has been suspended.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #929 on: April 27, 2016, 04:29:37 pm »
Justice at last! The news went around the world, even here in tiny Switzerland it was reported widely and had a spot on the main TV news programme that half of the population watch everyday.

What a victory this is, unbelievable.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: April 27, 2016, 04:32:53 pm »

Hillsborough: South Yorkshire police chief constable David Crompton, heavily criticised for conduct of inquests, has been suspended.
Which is nice.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: April 27, 2016, 04:35:21 pm »
Whenever I listen to or read something from Julie Fallon I think ... "Iron Lady?"...maybe but she is more of a Buddha as far as I am concerned. If any young women (or men) are looking for a role model then this woman is an inspiration to all.
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: April 27, 2016, 04:38:56 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/218601-andy-burnham-s-powerful-commons-statement-on-hillsborough
Incredible speech by Mr Burnham, very well delivered.

One must have a heart of stone if they don't get emotional watching/listening to this speech.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #933 on: April 27, 2016, 04:40:59 pm »
Great speech from him.

A superb speech with a very serious demand at the heart of it. The emotion came entirely from its clarity. Liverpool and Merseyside have some very good MPs.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #934 on: April 27, 2016, 04:43:00 pm »
Don't know if this has been posted but Newsnight's James O'Brien expertly gives it to Mackenzie with both barrels....

http://www.lbc.co.uk/james-obrien-takes-aim-at-kelvin-mackenzie-over-hillsborough-129469
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #935 on: April 27, 2016, 04:43:47 pm »
Justice at last. I cannot begin to imagine what the families have gone through for nearly three decades. None of this could have happened without the efforts of some of the bravest people out there. My favourite banner will always be our "Iron Lady" banner.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: April 27, 2016, 04:58:26 pm »
The hammer is falling. Justice is being served.
bollocks

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: April 27, 2016, 04:59:30 pm »
The Guardian have just sent this out to (I presume) all their members

Hello firstname

Hillsborough, with its lies, its cover-ups, its grotesque asymmetries of the state's institutions pitted against the grieving families of working people, has from the beginning been a story at the core of the the Guardian’s journalistic mission. For longer-serving staff, particularly in the sports department, its grimly unfolding narrative, the 27-year-long journey towards a truthful account, has formed a backbeat to our working lives. Yesterday it reached a crescendo.

But for one writer in particular, it has been more akin to a crusade. It was David Conn's reporting, back in 1999, that prompted the then Labour ministers Andy Burnham and Maria Eagle to set up the Hillsborough Independent Panel, a process of discovery that led directly to yesterday's crushing verdicts at the coroner's inquest and a final vindication for the 96 victims' families.

Two years ago, when the inquest was about to begin its deliberations and the scale of its remit became evident, we made the decision - alone among national newspapers - to be present for every significant moment. The results can be read today, most evidently in David's coruscating, heartbreaking account which, as I write this, has been viewed over half-a-million times online.

In reporting on Hillsborough, we deployed the full arsenal of the Guardian's capabilities in service of the best of causes. I'm immensely proud of our coverage, and hope you, our Members, feel the same way.

Thank you for reading and supporting the Guardian.

Ian Prior
Head of sport
The Guardian

Thought it was worth posting. David Conn has been outstanding throughout
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #938 on: April 27, 2016, 05:20:33 pm »
Steve Rotheram doing a speech now.

Wasn't on, that. Hillsborough is a national disgrace and deserved to be treated as such by every single MP. A few Tories behaved and spoke impeccably though, to be fair. Alec Shelbrooke made a genuinely emotive speech and called for the closure of SYP so fair fucks to him for that.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: April 27, 2016, 05:22:26 pm »
The Guardian have just sent this out to (I presume) all their members

Thought it was worth posting. David Conn has been outstanding throughout

Thanks Ian. But it was 2009, not 1999.

But yeah, thanks for joining in 20 years later. You could have helped from that start, but like every other media outlet, you didn't want to know.

Better late than never I suppose.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: April 27, 2016, 05:27:04 pm »
South Yorkshire Police Chief Constable suspended.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36154201

Offline NigelManx

• Anny Roader
« Reply #941 on: April 27, 2016, 05:46:58 pm »
South Yorkshire Police continue to be a joke! They have caused untold hurt and grief on the survivors and family's by continuing there lies..And then had the audacity to request more money to pay the legal fees in defending there actions...! There legal team should be made to pay back all the money and made to walk through the streets of Liverpool in disgrace...lying B*****s...defending the indefensible not once but four times ! The wheels are coming of there wagon and not before time !!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: April 27, 2016, 05:50:38 pm »

Here's an article on him from three years ago - http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/02/25/tell-me-why-the-south-yorkshire-police-cannot-stop-trying-to-distort-the-truth-about-hillsborough-250201/.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #943 on: April 27, 2016, 06:20:28 pm »
Here's an article on him from three years ago - http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/02/25/tell-me-why-the-south-yorkshire-police-cannot-stop-trying-to-distort-the-truth-about-hillsborough-250201/.

I know its not really connected but I re-watched the Red Riding series a few nights ago.

If you haven't seen it, the story focusses on a number of stories including the Yorkshire ripper and child exploitation.  The overriding theme is Police corruption.  There is a eerily prophetic part where one of the senior officers raises a toast with his cronies and says 'To the North, where we do what we want'

The 3 part series by David Peace, is based in Yorkshire (Mainly East Riding).  Among his other work is GB84 about the Miners strike (as well Red or Dead about Shanks which I haven't read)

The comparisons between GB84 and Red Riding and what's hopefully about to come out are clear.  Life imitating art.  That quote from the programme just feels even more eerie now

Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #944 on: April 27, 2016, 06:33:44 pm »
Watching the Hillsborough Vigil live on BBC - this hymn has created a huge lump in my throat.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #945 on: April 27, 2016, 06:49:00 pm »
Go on Margaret, tell the fuckers, sleepless nights for all of them.

Offline NigelManx

• Anny Roader
« Reply #946 on: April 27, 2016, 06:57:53 pm »
Respect to Margaret...Just a ordinary woman but spoke from the heart and made sure the powers that be WILL be held accountable....God help them if they don't ensure people are brought to justice...They should have learned there lesson...don't mess with scousers and the people of Liverpool !!

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: April 27, 2016, 07:00:07 pm »
A Facebook friend who's a teacher just posted this:

Morning play at school in Liverpool today and a spontaneous renditiion of 'Justice for the 96' from a large group of 10 and 11 year olds.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #948 on: April 27, 2016, 07:23:49 pm »
Respect to Margaret...Just a ordinary woman but spoke from the heart and made sure the powers that be WILL be held accountable....God help them if they don't ensure people are brought to justice...They should have learned there lesson...don't mess with scousers and the people of Liverpool !!

Incredible woman.

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #949 on: April 27, 2016, 07:31:46 pm »
I know not a single person that was taken away 27 yrs ago. I was 13 but a devout red, travelling to games when we could afford from Peterborugh with my family.
My first trip to the Kop was for the first memorial service.
I cannot say I have been directly involved in the fight for justice, but by God I have fought against anyone that refused to accept what was the truth. And I have been subjected to the vile abuse from morons outside grounds across the country. We are not muderers, we are fans of the best club in the world, rooted in the best city in the world, where looking after each other is bred into the people there.
I must feel a fraction of the pain that those brave people who have fought so hard for their families, us as fans, and the underdogs throughout the country. But I do feel some pain.

As I watched abide with me I was close to tears at the dinner table.
My 5 yr old son asked 'dad why are those people singing'
I replied, because they are remembering lots of people involved in an accident.
To that he asked ' was it a hurting accident or a toilet accident!' What we call not getting the to the loo in time!
I burst into laughter, tears actually rolled down my face.

The love I felt for him and his younger brother should still be the love that those families should be having, but their loved ones went to a footy match and never came home.

My boys are yet to watch the Reds, but undoubtably the tragic events of hillsborough have made the experience of taking my beloved to a match a very different experience to those that went in 1989 were subjected too. They will buy their tat, their flags, I'll even have my phone out to take pictures. But the most important thing is we will all come home, and I thank those lost to the families for that.

YNWA

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #951 on: April 27, 2016, 07:52:05 pm »
Incredible service, that. Had tears in my eyes on more than one occasion. It's all been a bit overwhelming this last couple days.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #952 on: April 27, 2016, 08:01:19 pm »
Amazing.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6-jU7EydZk8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6-jU7EydZk8</a>
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #953 on: April 27, 2016, 08:03:38 pm »
South Yorkshire Police Chief Constable suspended.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36154201

Good , that whole fucking Force needs disbanding and starting again from scratch .
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: April 27, 2016, 08:09:07 pm »
If anyone has a moment, James O'Brien's soliloquy about the putrid state of Mackenzie and the Sun is an absolute humdinger. Truly compelling.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153940001171558&id=117611746557&_rdr

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: April 27, 2016, 08:27:05 pm »
A brilliant service. The strength that Margaret Aspinall and Sheila Coleman spoke with was incredible

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #956 on: April 27, 2016, 08:33:24 pm »
If anyone has a moment, James O'Brien's soliloquy about the putrid state of Mackenzie and the Sun is an absolute humdinger. Truly compelling.

Nail. Head.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153940001171558&id=117611746557&_rdr
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Lustig

• Kopite
« Reply #957 on: April 27, 2016, 08:50:39 pm »
I would like to share this post from GOT which really made me feel what this city is all about... it's from a poster called tommye.

One last rant on this
For now.

People wonder why we've fought for so long. People asked how can we fight for so long. People in this thread have asked. Why have Evertonians been so strong in our backing over this. Well a simple answer would be because they ARE us. They're our brothers, sisters, mates, wives, neigbours. Some of our kids too ffs....

...and when the world doubted us, called us liars, dismissed us as fantasists and whatever else they called us, we knew it was the truth....we always knew it was the truth...

...because we lived with it. Every day.
We held them when they woke up screaming, sometimes years later, still haunted by what they saw and survived. We sat next to them in work and school. We held them when they faltered and struggled to carry on, and them us. We went to the same funerals. Family, friends, neighbours. US.

We fought on because we always knew what the truth was.

And now the whole world knows.

Now for accountability.
JFT96

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #958 on: April 27, 2016, 08:53:32 pm »
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #959 on: April 27, 2016, 08:54:19 pm »
5live is unbelievable.