Author Topic: The New Lights  (Read 18340 times)

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
The New Lights
« on: September 24, 2014, 01:46:14 pm »
Why on earth have they installed 50,00kwatt fucking sun replicants?

Far, far too bright.

Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
Re: The New Lights
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 02:17:36 pm »
New premier league rules regarding broadcasting, every club has to do it

Offline call me red

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 08:26:26 pm »

Far, far too bright.

Its like driving towards someone with their main beam on AGGRAVATING.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 08:32:07 pm »
Horrible, on the Kop all you can see is the lights in the Upper Annie, it's so off-putting. And watching on TV all you can see is the crowd.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #4 on: October 7, 2014, 02:28:14 am »
Horrible, on the Kop all you can see is the lights in the Upper Annie, it's so off-putting. And watching on TV all you can see is the crowd.

Next evening game can someone in the Kop take a pic and post it here so we know what you mean. Thanks.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: October 7, 2014, 10:34:45 am »
Next evening game can someone in the Kop take a pic and post it here so we know what you mean. Thanks.

No one in the Kop takes any sort of camera equipment, silly.

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 9, 2014, 04:54:41 am »
No one in the Kop takes any sort of camera equipment, silly.

What was I thinking......... :-\ 

Offline samfandesreds

• Main Stander
« Reply #7 on: October 9, 2014, 06:16:05 pm »
What was I thinking......... :-\

Is it forbidden?

Offline Lolo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 05:51:14 am »
Is it forbidden?

In most threads...definitely YES.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than Ł35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 03:46:30 pm »
ha ha - yeah they're annoying, cant really see the point
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline annieroader

• Kopite
  • with a liver bird upon my chest
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 07:32:57 pm »
Been altered now so less of a impact on your eyes ;)
Scouse an proud.
Liverpool fc is my life.
My second home is where i sleep.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 07:46:52 pm »
Yep, still noticeable from the Kop but not as off-putting.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 08:42:07 pm »
Any chance they could put heaters up ala the Bernabeu ;)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 08:43:35 pm »

WIFI went down like a lead balloon, I can only imagine the outrage if heaters were installed  ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 08:44:23 pm »

They were fantastic!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 08:47:32 pm »
They were fantastic!

I was thinking I should have gone in shorts and t-shirt during the match...then thankful I had the layers I had on when they turned them off during the lock in!

WIFI went down like a lead balloon, I can only imagine the outrage if heaters were installed  ;D

Mighty Red would be burnt under them, it'd be ok!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 09:05:18 pm »
I was thinking I should have gone in shorts and t-shirt during the match...then thankful I had the layers I had on when they turned them off during the lock in!

Yeah, I'd gone in so many layers as I thought it'd be freezing and had to strip off - and then was moaning when they switched them off after. Never happy, me! ;D

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Anfield lighting
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 09:00:59 pm »
Bit of an odd one this, but is it just me who is totally fucked off with the lights in the Anny road corners? They've been there for abar 2-3 seasons now, but this season, both sets to me, look even brighter and their angle has changed so they seem to shine straight st the Kop. I'm guessing they are some sort of lighting level ruling from the PL, or more than likely a Sky demand, but surely with the new stand they can make the lighting level from there. Looks like we have some in the roof of the Kop, as well as the normal roof flood lights. Those poor gets in the Anny road must get the same thing as I do.

Anyway, I'm pissed off of with them. Are they doing anyone else's heads in?

Sorry, missed this http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=316708.0  Merge if you must
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield lighting
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 10:14:55 pm »
They annoyed me no end at first but got to be honest and say I've stopped noticing them

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 12:06:14 pm »
I had this same conversation with a relative on Saturday.

They deffo seemed brighter than in previous seasons.   On Saturday, watching from 208 of the kop, they were glaring.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2016, 12:08:32 pm »
Yeah I struggle with brightness with my eyes and lights like that and they annoy the shite out of me
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline macksmate

• Main Stander
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2016, 12:29:10 pm »
apparently put in for Tv , i think either 3D or HD they need better lighting. 

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 08:45:33 pm »
Bit of an odd one this, but is it just me who is totally fucked off with the lights in the Anny road corners? They've been there for abar 2-3 seasons now, but this season, both sets to me, look even brighter and their angle has changed so they seem to shine straight st the Kop. I'm guessing they are some sort of lighting level ruling from the PL, or more than likely a Sky demand, but surely with the new stand they can make the lighting level from there. Looks like we have some in the roof of the Kop, as well as the normal roof flood lights. Those poor gets in the Anny road must get the same thing as I do.

Sorry, missed this http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=316708.0  Merge if you must

Yeah, I probably moaned about this somewhere a year or two ago, the ones above 128/9 kind of area especially distract me during games, they seem to be at a really funny angle and extra bright.

Offline Alanslad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 10:22:18 pm »

I didn't like them, but could have done with them in Sofia for the Ludogorets match...

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 10:51:13 pm »
I didn't like them, but could have done with them in Sofia for the Ludogorets match...

That still wasn't as bad as St.Petersburg, why would you build a stadium in the middle of a fucking river?! It was freezing

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2016, 10:54:59 pm »

Was thinking the same on Saturday, irritating as fuck.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #26 on: October 3, 2016, 03:54:51 pm »

You're spot on there (and that's not an intentional pun) - the 'old' lights were bad enough but the new ones are blinding and pointing directly at the Kop......God knows why ? Hope they do something about this as it was fucking annoying against Leicester. I thought the idea of floodlights was to help spectators see games at night, not blind them..........silly me.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #27 on: October 3, 2016, 04:41:43 pm »
You're spot on there (and that's not an intentional pun) - the 'old' lights were bad enough but the new ones are blinding and pointing directly at the Kop......God knows why ? Hope they do something about this as it was fucking annoying against Leicester. I thought the idea of floodlights was to help spectators see games at night, not blind them..........silly me.

The floodlights are for the TV companies. Any benefit for the crowd is a side effect. Would not surprise me if Sky requested that the front of the Kop be lit for their audience colour cut aways.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #28 on: October 3, 2016, 04:51:53 pm »
I'm pretty sure the floodlights are so the players can see each other when it's dark ;D

Offline row19seat111

• Kemlynite
« Reply #29 on: October 4, 2016, 12:22:03 pm »
totally agree... in Kop block 304 and they seem worse this season than last...

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 8, 2016, 09:27:52 am »
Blinding. It's gone from dark and moody and brooding to an Ikea type showroom.

What with that and that sodding dog running on them electronic hoardings.

And my dodgy eyes.

I never have a clue what's going on down the Anfield Road end from the back of the kop.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 8, 2016, 10:17:53 am »
I'm sure there'll be some on here that remember the day when the only warmth you had was from the piece of coal you had in your pocket, the only connection you had to someone outside the ground was a folded black & white photo of they their mum and the only light came from someone lighting up a B&H.

First world problems.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2016, 07:50:31 pm »
Any main stand picture updates?