The Liverpool FC Forum > Media and Arts

The RAWK Film Thread

<< < (11081/11633) > >>

El Lobo:
You're watching it for the special effects/technology really, aren't you? I genuinely dont know anyone who even particularly likes the first one, they've done tremendously well getting people in because its a movie 'you need to see at the cinema'.

Chakan:

--- Quote from: The Lobo Paramilitary Christmas Special #1 on December  8, 2022, 12:57:58 pm ---You're watching it for the special effects/technology really, aren't you? I genuinely dont know anyone who even particularly likes the first one, they've done tremendously well getting people in because its a movie 'you need to see at the cinema'.

--- End quote ---

I watched the first one in the cinema for the 3D effects and was blown away, but then again it was really my first 3D cinema experience, so there could be that. I've watched it a few times after that, just when it was on tv or something. I enjoyed though, it's a mindless popcorn movie, but the visuals were stunning.

Andy @ Allerton!:
Death Race 2000

- As funny as when I saw it in school when one of our teachers were off sick. This was fine to watch when you were at school when I were a lad.

The Noel Diary

- Probably the worst Christmas film I've ever seen. The most entertaining thing was the dog. Not there? There! Not there! Didn't follow them then! In the car somehow! And then gets a slap in the mush when it's trying to be friendly with the main actor. Good idea for a film. Terribly filmed and no resolution at all.

pazcom:
Avatar (1) and Titanic - are they not just basically love stories set on a planet / boat?

Agree the CGI / Special effects are outstanding for both films though.

Andy @ Allerton!:

--- Quote from: pazcom on December  9, 2022, 12:17:46 pm ---Avatar (1) and Titanic - are they not just basically love stories set on a planet / boat?

Agree the CGI / Special effects are outstanding for both films though.

--- End quote ---

Titanic was about Mans arrogance over nature with a love story shoehorned in

Avatar was about the story of Pocahontas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version