Author Topic: Premier League fixtures 13th-15th August  (Read 45380 times)

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
Re: Premier League fixtures 13th-15th August
« Reply #1760 on: August 15, 2022, 06:36:44 pm »
Klopp wannabe who doesn't have any of Klopp's charm.

Emaciated skeleton's lucky Conte didn't break his wrist in that handshake.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1761 on: August 15, 2022, 06:37:12 pm »
100%

Though players do need protection

Or at least their coiffs...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1762 on: August 15, 2022, 06:38:52 pm »
Or at least their coiffs...

Cuck does have a magnificent hair arrangement, very Brian May before the snowfall.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1763 on: August 15, 2022, 06:39:49 pm »
Cuck does have a magnificent hair arrangement, very Brian May before the snowfall.

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1764 on: August 15, 2022, 06:41:20 pm »
Honestly, this kind of thing is fucking boring to me. People just want to knit pick and try to find outrage in absolutely everything. It's exhausting and it's about time people grew up a bit. That was a football match played by individuals who are male. There's absolutely nothing wrong with calling it a man's game when he's watching men play football and trying to twist those words is frankly, a disgrace on anybody's part.

100%

And so what if he is a bit out of touch - are people not allowed to be a bit old-fashioned? Do we all have to carefully read from the same hymn sheet every time we open our mouths? It's all a load of shite, all of it. Good on him for not apologizing

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #1765 on: August 15, 2022, 06:42:54 pm »
“Referees are letting a lot more go and it makes for a better watch.

“We’ve all played the game, with simulation and people throwing themselves into the ground. I haven’t seen that in the two games today. It’s a man’s game all of a sudden now.”

Absolute diarrhoea. We get little enough protection from refs so it's bizarre to see anyone on here going along with him.

Agree totally. Souness longs for a return to the more physical game. I don't believe he meant any offence with his comments on a return to it being a man's game, but I think he could have chosen his words more appropriately, not only because there was a lady present, but also to dismiss this nonsense that you have to be a hard man to be a real footballer.
I certainly don't want a return to the good old days when Vinnie Jones et al used to make a living by kicking people.
I'm all for protecting skilful players.

I think there's also a slight irony in being delighted that all of a sudden football is a man's game, and in the next discussion talking about whether a goal should stand because someone pulled someone else's hair!!??! 🤣🤣🤣

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1766 on: August 15, 2022, 06:49:41 pm »
“Referees are letting a lot more go and it makes for a better watch.

“We’ve all played the game, with simulation and people throwing themselves into the ground. I haven’t seen that in the two games today. It’s a man’s game all of a sudden now.”

Absolute diarrhoea. We get little enough protection from refs so it's bizarre to see anyone on here going along with him.
I think that like Dave you have misunderstood what people here are talking about.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1767 on: August 15, 2022, 06:51:42 pm »
but I think he could have chosen his words more appropriately, not only because there was a lady present,
*Insert Leslie Philips gif*

I think there's also a slight irony in being delighted that all of a sudden football is a man's game, and in the next discussion talking about whether a goal should stand because someone pulled someone else's hair!!??! 🤣🤣🤣
Who is doing this?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1768 on: August 15, 2022, 06:55:57 pm »
With the Souness thing, as always the common sense answer sits somewhere in the middle.

As a professional media commentator, he really should have had a bit more awareness, and chosen better language, but it's really not the end of the world.

Souness has talked really well in the last year or two on some social issues and how his attitude has changed over the years. I particularly remember being really impressed at what he had to say about gay footballers coming out, and what the attitude was like back in the day in the changing room etc.

That said, even taking the whole thing about womens football out the equation, I've always hated the phrase "football is a man's game". It always seems to promote a bad side of the game that I feel we should have moved on from.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1769 on: August 15, 2022, 06:58:40 pm »
If there’s one good thing to come out of this man’s game debacle it’s that i keep being reminded of that scene from the office where Brent kicks a ball in a woman’s face and says ‘man’s game’z ;D

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1770 on: August 15, 2022, 07:11:03 pm »
With the Souness thing, as always the common sense answer sits somewhere in the middle.

As a professional media commentator, he really should have had a bit more awareness, and chosen better language, but it's really not the end of the world.

Souness has talked really well in the last year or two on some social issues and how his attitude has changed over the years. I particularly remember being really impressed at what he had to say about gay footballers coming out, and what the attitude was like back in the day in the changing room etc.

That said, even taking the whole thing about womens football out the equation, I've always hated the phrase "football is a man's game". It always seems to promote a bad side of the game that I feel we should have moved on from.
It’s just idiots wetting the bed cos he mentioned the word ‘man’.
All he was saying was he is sick of the diving that has crept into our game. He wasn’t advocating a return to the likes of Vinnie Jones or ‘The dogs of war’ , just the refs not falling for diving every single time.
He certainly wasn’t being sexist.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1771 on: August 15, 2022, 08:36:09 pm »
 :butt :butt :butt

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1772 on: August 15, 2022, 09:09:37 pm »
So what happened to this new directive then?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1773 on: August 15, 2022, 09:27:39 pm »
So what happened to this new directive then?

Doesnt apply when it's a Salford ref at Anfield.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1774 on: August 15, 2022, 09:40:25 pm »
This ref is a dickhead. Mo keeps being manhandled.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1775 on: August 15, 2022, 09:45:39 pm »
This ref is a dickhead. Mo keeps being manhandled.

Mo has always been manhandled in the PL.

I turned off after the sending off, is this worse?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1776 on: August 15, 2022, 09:46:27 pm »
Aye, should be a penalty for us.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1777 on: August 15, 2022, 09:48:23 pm »
bent refs from manchester making sure city get well in front in the race. No surprise really. Premier league is corrupt as fuck, worse than Italy.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1778 on: August 15, 2022, 09:53:01 pm »
bent refs from manchester making sure city get well in front in the race. No surprise really. Premier league is corrupt as fuck, worse than Italy.

Agree.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1779 on: August 15, 2022, 09:55:05 pm »
Completely pointless

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1780 on: August 15, 2022, 10:11:07 pm »
Mendy booked for time-wasting. Let's see if that continues thus season. I doubt it will.

To be fair, it lasted literally more than a day.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1781 on: August 16, 2022, 02:03:30 pm »
if I was a manager I'd make players cut their hair.  after a certain length it has to impede their vision, somehow.

I'd even have told Berger to get it dealt with.

and with that I think I need to run away and hide for a while.  :)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1782 on: August 16, 2022, 02:10:10 pm »
if I was a manager I'd make players cut their hair.  after a certain length it has to impede their vision, somehow.

I'd even have told Berger to get it dealt with.

and with that I think I need to run away and hide for a while.  :)

Welcome to RAWK, Daniel Passarella.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #1783 on: August 16, 2022, 02:16:47 pm »
Welcome to RAWK, Daniel Passarella.
The only man that Hazell truly hates.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1784 on: August 16, 2022, 05:56:48 pm »
The only man that Hazell truly hates.

That is true :D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1785 on: August 16, 2022, 06:14:38 pm »
Yeah, you're all right. Men don't need to play by the rules as long as they are taking back their game. No space for technical skills and fast games, all here for just kicking the shit out of each other and baying for blood. Give me 90's PL football please, when real men played a real game.

Over the top Dave?

Souness was ferocious but he was a super elegant football player, do you not think he likes to see players who play technically? Also whats wrong observing a change in how refs are doing things and stating its more to your liking?. You have literally just stated how you see it. fast, technical skills. Right?

As for men taking back their game??. Fuck off. he didn't mean that. He is a hard man who like to see the game played hard. So I am glad he didn't get drawn on the sexist thing and apologise to people who want to stir the pot like you.

Sorry for the rant Dave, but your falling over your self to point a finger when you don't need too.