The Liverpool FC Forum > Media and Arts

Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)

<< < (1284/1835) > >>

Stockholm Syndrome:

--- Quote from: gazzalfc on November 25, 2022, 02:17:51 pm ---Someone can correct me if I'm wrong

There was an 'independent' investigation into what happend after the press scrum at All Out

The things that got leaked (to Dave Meltzer) from that is that The Elite charged into Punks locker room with an AEW lawyer, a fight ensued involving a chair, some biting, punks dog got hurt and Punk got injured (unclear if that was from his match or from the fight after). Everyone got suspended. Ace Steel got fired.

Following on from that investigation which no one knows who carried it out and what the results are. All we know is that Omega and The Bucks are back and it's being reported that AEW and currently negotiating CM Punk's release (with what many are guessing will included a big non-compete). Punk is injured anyway so it's not like he's going to be on TV.

No side wants what happened in that room reported. Legally Punk probably could sue but Kahn has deep enough pockets

Punk also has managed to piss off everyone in that locker room after All Out and the Executive Vice Presidents know how to take the piss (last night and a few weeks ago having Colt Cabana go against Jericho on TV).

Basically the EVP's control the strings and there was only ever going to be one loser

--- End quote ---

Most people think Punks dog getting hurt was bollocks put out by Punk after the investigation found him to be in the wrong. The comment mentioned (which given the wording of the quote and the news he was in the room, makes me think it was MJF) was that Punk was like a psycho, and didn't even think about his dog.

NightDancer:

--- Quote from: Stockholm Syndrome on November 25, 2022, 10:14:35 pm ---Most people think Punks dog getting hurt was bollocks put out by Punk after the investigation found him to be in the wrong. The comment mentioned (which given the wording of the quote and the news he was in the room, makes me think it was MJF) was that Punk was like a psycho, and didn't even think about his dog.

--- End quote ---

Was it not Kenny Omega that was meant to have picked up the dog and taken it out of harms way after some failed attempts to get Punk to look out for the dog?

Stockholm Syndrome:

--- Quote from: NightDancer on November 25, 2022, 10:27:57 pm ---
Was it not Kenny Omega that was meant to have picked up the dog and taken it out of harms way after some failed attempts to get Punk to look out for the dog?

--- End quote ---

That's the story that come out but I don't believe it for a second, that was Kenny's version I think, where Punk was wild and the Elite did absolutely nothing

NightDancer:

--- Quote from: Stockholm Syndrome on November 26, 2022, 12:10:33 am ---That's the story that come out but I don't believe it for a second, that was Kenny's version I think, where Punk was wild and the Elite did absolutely nothing

--- End quote ---

Ahh ok. Not really following the whole thing too closely because Punk always comes across as a snide thin skinned piece of shit that eventually gets into a bust up that is always the fault of everyone else, and on the other side there is Omega and the Bucks who come across as snide self servings pieces of shit who are always in the right.

The only saving grace the Elite have is all three can still really go in the ring, whereas Punk is limited by comparison.

But all four bring a serious amount of baggage one way or the other. My own take is AEW would be better off without all four of them.

Just give me more House of Black, More Baker, More Hayter, get Cargill some better storylines, more full on heel Swerve, and  MJF in some good fueds that do not include the BCC and I will be happy.

Sheer Magnetism:
Whatever you think of the Punk/Elite dynamic, he almost certainly won't wrestle there again so 🤷. Agree with the Swerve love though, from what I've seen he has everything he needs to be near the top of the card. I don't think he and Keith Lee work well enough together to be top tag team heels there either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version