The Liverpool FC Forum > The Boozer

Bird watch

(1/772) > >>

harmar:
Anyone on RAWK a twitcher ? I've always liked birds ( yeah, both definition's ) as a kid I was an avid member of the YOC.
Anyhow, I always walk the dog in a country park and over the last 5/6 months I've noticed a family ( I presume ) of hawks of some kind. I've always thought that they were Kestrel's but I saw one about 15/20m away, sitting on a tree and it was about the size of a chicken. I'm guessing it may have been a Buzzard but I'm not so sure. Any of you guys into that sort of thing ? Ie Nature, etc. If it's in the wrong thread move/delete as appropiate mods ( fuck UB40 by the way ;) )

jaygraham:
Brian Hall likes it apparently. Personally i couldn't be arsed, not got the patience (or desire!) to wait around for hours to see.......... a bird.......just doing stuff.

kavah:
Bald Eagle, 15 mins from where I live (Portland) shame I've only got a shit camera.

Umbarto:
I prefer watching Turkeys... right before I shoot them...  ;D

On a serious note though, I do enjoy watching birds, mainly when I'm hunting deer though.  Get ridiculously close to birds when I'm in my full camo gear, they have a tendency to land next to my head.  I definitely have an affinity for predator birds, mainly owls and hawks, and I love seeing them in the wild. 

Brian Blessed:
Mike Tyson is an avid bird keeper and is getting a reality TV show regarding the subject on Animal Planet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version