Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5733655 times)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Wenger Gone - Unai Emery appointed
« Reply #53720 on: October 28, 2019, 10:35:34 pm »
booing your own captain, sounds great.

I am conflicted.

If it was Xhaka playing for us I would have felt the frustration too and probably gouge my own eye balls out. That nonchalant attitude plus a lack of football ability would drive me nuts.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53721 on: October 28, 2019, 10:48:37 pm »
I am conflicted.

If it was Xhaka playing for us I would have felt the frustration too and probably gouge my own eye balls out. That nonchalant attitude plus a lack of football ability would drive me nuts.

Desn't warrant abuse. He's not picking himself to play nor did he bring himself to the club.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #53722 on: October 28, 2019, 11:19:35 pm »
Their fanbase is so toxic. AFTV is embarassing, reckon 85% of viewers are rival fans wanting to watch them have a meltdown.

You obviously haven't been on social media when we've dropped a point or even when we haven't. Its full of people slagging off players, the manager etc. It's the social media bandwagon where everything gets discussed endlessly and turned into a crazy version of amateur dramatics. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53723 on: October 28, 2019, 11:51:50 pm »
Their fanbase is so toxic. AFTV is embarassing, reckon 85% of viewers are rival fans wanting to watch them have a meltdown.
baz and ped are really missing a trick

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53724 on: October 29, 2019, 12:01:09 am »
According to Amy Lawrence the incident left Torreira in tears and three Arsenal players ended up visiting Xhaka at home

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53725 on: October 29, 2019, 12:09:50 am »
According to Amy Lawrence the incident left Torreira in tears and three Arsenal players ended up visiting Xhaka at home

For real?

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53726 on: October 29, 2019, 12:14:36 am »
No player deserves that. Grown adults booing somebody over how well they kick a ball around. Imagine how crushing it would be to booed like that by 60k people. Lots of sympathy for him.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53727 on: October 29, 2019, 02:31:11 am »
Booing a grown adult making millions of pound a year is bad?  LOL?  What is this North Korea.  Booing is your right as a citizen in a free democratic country.  I think in this instance though it's the team as a whole that needed Booing, not just Xhaka.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #53728 on: October 29, 2019, 03:41:26 am »
I am conflicted.

It's coming full circle for the fickle Arsenal fans.

They drove out their club legend and greatest ever manager. Hounded him out with banners and booing. Disgusting way to treat a legend.

Then the legend gets replaced by a manager who they all love and herald. He ends up making Xhaka the captain, after he is chosen by his teammates.

The results turn to shit, the fans turn on Xhaka and the manager. Not surprised that they are so rabid in their dislike because they treated Wenger way worse towards the end of his tenure.

What makes all this worse is that it's all played out on Youtube, Instagram etc. You've got the likes of Lacazette and Aubameyang liking posts slating the manager, their captain. A massive shit-show all around.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53729 on: October 29, 2019, 06:13:52 am »
Booing a grown adult making millions of pound a year is bad?  LOL?  What is this North Korea.  Booing is your right as a citizen in a free democratic country.  I think in this instance though it's the team as a whole that needed Booing, not just Xhaka.
The amount of money he makes has nothing to do with it. It’s not North Korea, so people can boo if they want, but it doesn’t make you any less of a bad, bad bellend if you do.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53730 on: October 29, 2019, 07:27:27 am »
If you start booing someone it’s a bit rich moaning when they tell you to fuck off

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #53731 on: October 29, 2019, 07:35:05 am »
I'm guessing xhaka isn't moving to Everton?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53732 on: October 29, 2019, 07:54:12 am »
Don't know why we're being so sanctimonious. The abuse Lucas used to receive at Anfield was loud, vituperative and clocked by its subject. I remember trying to provide counter-support to him when he came near me and this loud abusive bloke next to me for a throw in. We must have sounded like a bloody double-act.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53733 on: October 29, 2019, 08:27:55 am »
Hodgson had us in the drop zone and had bought players like PFK and Poulsen. The owners were raping the club at the time.

Emery has you guys in the mix for top 4, and just splashed 80 million on Pepe, as well as other quality players like Tierney.

Not really comparable.

As Jillic said a couple of posts after yours, all it takes is 1 bad result and all the arseholes are out on social media, in fact I've seen loads moaning after a good result.

Nearly all big clubs have fan channels as well, its just been great timing (for Robbie anyway) that ours has taken off the last couple of years when we've been average. It's no coincidence that full time devil's and AFTV are 2 of the more popular 1's just now.

You guys under Klopp are where we where the first few years under Wenger. Everything just clicking, everyone at the club pulling in 1 direction, everything just going right. You know more than most from previous experience that's a great place to be.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #53734 on: October 29, 2019, 09:10:24 am »
The amount of money he makes has nothing to do with it. It’s not North Korea, so people can boo if they want, but it doesn’t make you any less of a bad, bad bellend if you do.

This.

If you start booing someone it’s a bit rich moaning when they tell you to fuck off

and This

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #53735 on: October 29, 2019, 09:22:38 am »
Ha ha. Down with the oppression inherent in the system!

Power to the people! Vive la booooorgeoisie!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53736 on: October 29, 2019, 09:37:24 am »
No player deserves that. Grown adults booing somebody over how well they kick a ball around. Imagine how crushing it would be to booed like that by 60k people. Lots of sympathy for him.
yep i'd find it very crushing being booed by 60k people until i checked my banking app and saw i was being paid 70k a week at least for them booing me

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53737 on: October 29, 2019, 10:16:38 am »

Ahahaaha what is this weird take?

I think most of us are comfortable that there won't be any mass arrests for the booers, it doesn't make them any less a gang of dickheads. Especially the ones cheering his demise.

There's a difference between being a fan and a supporter. A supporter knows that their job in the stadium is the easiest out of the 60,000 odd people there. Support your team to try and help them get the result you want.

People booing but then getting wound up by him taking his shirt off sound like they still should still be given lollipops when they go to the dentist.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53738 on: October 29, 2019, 10:17:57 am »
yep i'd find it very crushing being booed by 60k people until i checked my banking app and saw i was being paid 70k a week at least for them booing me

Yes, that's how emotional wellbeing works..

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #53739 on: October 29, 2019, 10:27:23 am »

I mean I’d probably take someone spitting in my face once a day every day for the rest of my life for £70k a week but it still wouldn’t make it right, and it’d piss me off when it happened. Alas, I’ll just have to keep taking it for free.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #53740 on: October 29, 2019, 10:27:38 am »

Exactly.

Booing is very acceptable in American sports for some reason mind, and it's pathetic, and it's becoming more and more acceptable in UK sports too it seems. Whatever you think of a player or team, how adults actually have it in their heads that booing them during the game somehow helps is one of the bafflements of sports. Just makes you a bit of a knob.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53741 on: October 29, 2019, 10:35:06 am »
Yes, that's how emotional wellbeing works..
ah i didnt know he was suffering from illness because of this booing maybe you know better having spoken to him to understand this

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53742 on: October 29, 2019, 10:45:13 am »
They have good strikers but as I said 18 months ago. By time they fix rest of their team they will need new attackers again.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53743 on: October 29, 2019, 10:57:29 am »
Exactly.

Booing is very acceptable in American sports for some reason mind, and it's pathetic, and it's becoming more and more acceptable in UK sports too it seems. Whatever you think of a player or team, how adults actually have it in their heads that booing them during the game somehow helps is one of the bafflements of sports. Just makes you a bit of a knob.

It's a stupid way of thinking. Money is irrelevant.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53744 on: October 29, 2019, 10:58:29 am »
They have good strikers but as I said 18 months ago. By time they fix rest of their team they will need new attackers again.

that was always the issue I saw with them signing Aubameyang for the big money (both wages and fee). It was a massive investment. Still, he's a bit of a freak of nature I think - just like Lewandowski, he never seem to get injured, and just carries on going!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53745 on: October 29, 2019, 11:04:07 am »
that was always the issue I saw with them signing Aubameyang for the big money (both wages and fee). It was a massive investment. Still, he's a bit of a freak of nature I think - just like Lewandowski, he never seem to get injured, and just carries on going!

He'll be 32 when his contract runs out. I can see him leaving to get a big pay day somewhere. Either way can only see him staying for another 18 months, especially if they don't get top 4.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53746 on: October 29, 2019, 11:08:41 am »
He'll be 32 when his contract runs out. I can see him leaving to get a big pay day somewhere. Either way can only see him staying for another 18 months, especially if they don't get top 4.

i'm not sure if the top 4 thing bothers Auba to be honest. His main motivation is money rather than actually winning stuff. It's the only reason he went there, they offered him an outrageous contract.  So yeah - if someone else offers him more he'd go for that reason!

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #53747 on: October 29, 2019, 11:11:34 am »
I hope our own fan groups like TAW and Redmen never come close to AFTV when results and times don't go our way, and I don't believe they will. AFTV has helped fan the worst elements of its fanbase. The Troopz Instagram post slamming Emery and Xhaka being liked by Lacazette is another awful representation of that.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53748 on: October 29, 2019, 11:14:15 am »
If a player has any pride in playing for the shirt, booing him off the field is going to stir a reaction, whether shown or not. You can't ask that the players 'feel' something for the club and then that they turn those feelings off. You can't want them to play for more than money, then excuse your behaviour because they are well-paid.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53749 on: October 29, 2019, 11:26:18 am »
There are times when it is acceptable to boo your team. If you're on a terrible run of form, massively under achieving and think the players aren't trying then go for it. If you're losing 9-0 at home, boo all you like. If you think the manager is completely out of his depth, or if you think the owners are running the Club into the ground? Boo away.

If you're fifth in the League and undergoing a transformation process with a relatively new manager and new squad, and are only drawing a game with 30 minutes left.. is it not better to get behind the team?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53750 on: October 29, 2019, 12:12:35 pm »
Leave Claude alone! He's the only good one!
Him and the other bald guy always talk sense.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline rubber soul

• Kopite
« Reply #53751 on: October 29, 2019, 12:19:11 pm »

So do you have a cut in point at when it's acceptable to boo? 20K a week? 10K a week?
It's bizarre how people think just because someone gets massively paid for doing what they do they are somehow immune from human emotion.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #53752 on: October 29, 2019, 12:31:04 pm »
Him and the other bald guy always talk sense.
I think you'll find that Ty is the bestest Arsenal fan in the world
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #53753 on: October 29, 2019, 12:39:52 pm »
Also, 50,000 people booing a captain of their team then acting all hurt when he responds. Football fans can be very thin-skinned.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #53754 on: October 29, 2019, 12:45:11 pm »
As Jillic said a couple of posts after yours, all it takes is 1 bad result and all the arseholes are out on social media, in fact I've seen loads moaning after a good result.

Nearly all big clubs have fan channels as well, its just been great timing (for Robbie anyway) that ours has taken off the last couple of years when we've been average. It's no coincidence that full time devil's and AFTV are 2 of the more popular 1's just now.

You guys under Klopp are where we where the first few years under Wenger. Everything just clicking, everyone at the club pulling in 1 direction, everything just going right. You know more than most from previous experience that's a great place to be.
I completely agree on this. Remember when United fans said they didn't care what happened after Ferguson left. Bet they care now. I would say Arsenal have been a bit more drama queen than most. The fan TV stuff and booing Wenger was maniacal. But the potential is there for all teams to go that way.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53755 on: October 29, 2019, 12:50:40 pm »

So your saying you wouldn't care about the club you played for and would only be in it for the money? Not sure there are many footballers like that now- to rise to the top it takes a lot more than just ability

I honestly couldn't imagine the pressure of having to perform every week in front of 60k people, knowing that any small mistake will result in large amounts of criticism and personal attacks directly on me. The variety between highs and lows experienced can't be conducive to good mental health either. It doesn't matter how much they are on- they are still people and you would frankly need to be one of the most resilient people imaginable to not let it affect your health

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53756 on: October 29, 2019, 12:55:27 pm »
Would have loved Aubame-bloodclaat-yang at the Reds, just an outstanding goalscorer, absolute machine, even in a fairly average Arsenal side, he would tear it up playing for a really really top team.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53757 on: October 29, 2019, 01:08:17 pm »
Would have loved Aubame-bloodclaat-yang at the Reds, just an outstanding goalscorer, absolute machine, even in a fairly average Arsenal side, he would tear it up playing for a really really top team.

yeah the guy is just a premier goalscorer, one of the very best.

From the 2nd half of season 2014-15 where he got moved permanently to that central role by Jürgen Klopp, he's just not stopped scoring. He scored 14 goals in 19 games in the 2nd half of that season and that was the beginning of a constant roll he's been on since.

It's a shame in a way that he's just a bit of a dick  ;D Not that he's the only one, but Auba takes it to the next level at times.   

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53758 on: October 29, 2019, 01:14:40 pm »

Yep, in a nutshell.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53759 on: October 29, 2019, 01:28:00 pm »
I hope our own fan groups like TAW and Redmen never come close to AFTV when results and times don't go our way, and I don't believe they will. AFTV has helped fan the worst elements of its fanbase. The Troopz Instagram post slamming Emery and Xhaka being liked by Lacazette is another awful representation of that.

Troopz is a fucking loser. Fat fuck, high as shit, barely-literate, fucking clown who yells a lot.