Author Topic: Arthur Melo  (Read 119340 times)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Arthur Melo
« Reply #1240 on: January 27, 2023, 03:36:18 pm »
Really embarrassing if this fella gets any serious game-time in March 2023, when Klopp always insists on players getting a proper pre-season. Might shed a light on why TWO directors of football have quit on the club in the last 12 months...

What if he is looking better in training than others in his position, then in matches performs well and helps us win a few games?

We've been pretty shit all season and our midfield is a large part in that.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1241 on: January 27, 2023, 03:37:50 pm »
What if he is looking better in training than others in his position, then in matches performs well and helps us win a few games?

Nope, would be embarrassing mate to play a player who loaned to potentially contribute to the side. He could look like the second coming of Souness in training but he better just sit in the stands.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1242 on: January 27, 2023, 03:38:25 pm »
Hasn't completely worked out, but I still like the idea of buying players on their song potential.

They call me Arthur Melo (Quite rightly)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1243 on: January 27, 2023, 03:39:25 pm »

Look fair enough, we have the medical equipment and staff knocking about so we may as well use them. In for a penny and all that.

I'm just making the point that Klopp is usually so so careful about who he allows in the team and who we target in the market.

If Melo is fit and can show his form from pre-Barcelona days and some international days then sure; could be better than Henderson has shown us this season.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1244 on: January 27, 2023, 04:37:03 pm »

God forbid that we use him, and he does well for us. Some people would need to delete hundreds of posts, and no one wants that ...

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1245 on: January 27, 2023, 04:37:12 pm »
Ruthless how? :D He's not our player, if we terminate the loan I'd imagine we still have to pay the fees up to the end of the season anyway. Might as well see if we can get him fit to play alongside Spearing for the U23s

Yes and pay it up.

Put it down to one of those things and move onto another player is what i’d be looking to do.

It might sound harsh but he isn’t going to be fit to play until pretty much mid March/April time.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1246 on: January 27, 2023, 06:16:50 pm »
2-3 weeks before team training pretty much out then until March.

Its unlikely but we need to be ruthless here.

Ruthless?  I get ya.
I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' n***ers, who'll go to work on Arthur here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: January 27, 2023, 07:45:32 pm »
So Jurgen has confirmed he's running. That's some good news.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1248 on: January 27, 2023, 07:47:57 pm »
Meh. Realistically he might make a couple of appearances off the bench for us? If we get past Brighton on Sunday he might even get a start in the FA Cup?

He’s the Ben Davies of this year.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: January 27, 2023, 07:58:20 pm »

That is because there’s some players who are fit but not running.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: January 27, 2023, 08:11:58 pm »

You can't rush a water Melo
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1251 on: January 27, 2023, 08:22:20 pm »

The issue with our midfield is that we lack athleticism and physicality. Even a peak fitness, fully adapted Arthur Melo wouldn't possess those qualities. For me barring a horrendous run of injuries then he shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #1252 on: January 27, 2023, 10:43:38 pm »
He can run can he?…
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: January 28, 2023, 01:04:01 am »
The issue with our midfield is that we lack athleticism and physicality. Even a peak fitness, fully adapted Arthur Melo wouldn't possess those qualities. For me barring a horrendous run of injuries then he shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11.

But at this stage we have neither athletes or technicians, so if he could provide the latter it'd be something.
I know I'm scraping here, which is exactly what this signing was doing to begin with ::)

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #1254 on: January 28, 2023, 01:59:06 am »
Really embarrassing if this fella gets any serious game-time in March 2023, when Klopp always insists on players getting a proper pre-season. Might shed a light on why TWO directors of football have quit on the club in the last 12 months...

Gakpo and Diaz (when we signed him) say Hello

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #1255 on: January 28, 2023, 06:55:34 am »

He is 3 weeks away from joining team training. You would assume he'll need to train and learn the system and understanding with the other lads on the pitch so to be really match fit puts him somewhere early March. Regardless of how he does in training, I don't see him getting many starts, if any at all. It's been a disaster of a deal, perhaps through little fault of his, but just feel like we should have had a break clause to return him, especially given how crap we are at loan deals in general.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1256 on: January 28, 2023, 08:47:08 am »
Gakpo and Diaz (when we signed him) say Hello

They were both signed mid season and had been playing regular football for their team/country

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1257 on: January 28, 2023, 08:48:24 am »
He is 3 weeks away from joining team training. You would assume he'll need to train and learn the system and understanding with the other lads on the pitch so to be really match fit puts him somewhere early March. Regardless of how he does in training, I don't see him getting many starts, if any at all. It's been a disaster of a deal, perhaps through little fault of his, but just feel like we should have had a break clause to return him, especially given how crap we are at loan deals in general.

I don't believe he'll make any significant impact on our season, I was just pointing out that it's daft to say it's embarrassing if he gets any playing time when he could surprise us all and be the difference in a couple of games.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1258 on: January 28, 2023, 09:45:19 am »
But at this stage we have neither athletes or technicians, so if he could provide the latter it'd be something.
I know I'm scraping here, which is exactly what this signing was doing to begin with ::)

Melo's style of play is also a poor fit for us and this League though. He is a defensive midfield player but at 5 foot 7 is far too short to play the Fabinho role. His passing isn't agreessive enough to play as an 8.

So if you are going to play him we would have to switch to a double pivot. Then you get on to his style of play. His passing whilst accurate is very passive. If he is going to move the ball forward then he will do it with the ball at his feet.

He likes to drop deep pick the ball up and looks to drive forward. He has a tendency to dwell on the ball and doesn't really break the lines with any real speed. Initially I would expect him to be a sitting duck in possession in this league until he adapts.

Even Thiago who is levels above Melo took awhile to adapt. Melo thrives in a team that dominates possession where his job is to keep things ticking over. A fully fit adapted Melo could have done a job for us in the controller role a couple of seasons ago as a less athletic version of Gini.

At the moment him getting minutes ahead of our current midfield players makes no sense at all.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1259 on: January 28, 2023, 04:43:46 pm »
Melo's style of play is also a poor fit for us and this League though. He is a defensive midfield player but at 5 foot 7 is far too short to play the Fabinho role. His passing isn't agreessive enough to play as an 8.

So if you are going to play him we would have to switch to a double pivot. Then you get on to his style of play. His passing whilst accurate is very passive. If he is going to move the ball forward then he will do it with the ball at his feet.

He likes to drop deep pick the ball up and looks to drive forward. He has a tendency to dwell on the ball and doesn't really break the lines with any real speed.
Initially I would expect him to be a sitting duck in possession in this league until he adapts

Even Thiago who is levels above Melo took awhile to adapt. Melo thrives in a team that dominates possession where his job is to keep things ticking over. A fully fit adapted Melo could have done a job for us in the controller role a couple of seasons ago as a less athletic version of Gini.

At the moment him getting minutes ahead of our current midfield players makes no sense at all.
You've basically described Lucas Leiva there.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: January 28, 2023, 05:15:32 pm »
You've basically described Lucas Leiva there.

Lucas was good in the air though to be fair.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: January 28, 2023, 07:13:49 pm »
Lucas was good in the air though to be fair.
Yeah. Good enough in the air to play at centre back.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: January 28, 2023, 08:59:52 pm »
I'm gonna make the bold and daring prediction that, at some point, Arthur will start a Premier League game for us.

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #1263 on: January 29, 2023, 12:25:32 am »
I bet he’ll never start a game for us! By the time he is fit, we’ll be out of the Champions League and all other cup competitions. A few of our core players will come back by then and we are not going to offer valuable game time to a loaned player. I guess he will even be struggling to find a substitute spot. Actually I think the deal is looking more and more like a scam. I can’t imagine “super poor” fsg is that stupid to agree to such a dump deal. After the Juventus scandal is revealed, I smell something in this deal.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #1264 on: January 29, 2023, 01:59:14 am »
Was it really a £3.5m loan fee

Fucking hell  :o

I thought we got him on a free

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1265 on: January 29, 2023, 09:28:27 am »
Yes and pay it up.

Put it down to one of those things and move onto another player is what i’d be looking to do.

It might sound harsh but he isn’t going to be fit to play until pretty much mid March/April time.

It’d be ruthless if he was our player but he’s not, so what would be the point? It’d literally cost us the same, so instead of having a player who might at a stretch at least play a few games for us we’d be guaranteeing he wouldn’t.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: January 29, 2023, 09:30:37 am »
Was it really a £3.5m loan fee

Fucking hell  :o

I thought we got him on a free

Even if it was £50 we've been ripped off

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1267 on: January 29, 2023, 11:24:22 am »
I'm gonna make the bold and daring prediction that, at some point, Arthur will start a Premier League game for us.

Hopefully not because he'll only play if there's a few injuries.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1268 on: January 29, 2023, 11:27:38 am »
This lad was decent for barca

Not sure he’s worth the derision he’s getting

Injury wise ok but his actual ability no
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: January 29, 2023, 12:18:02 pm »

Usually players get better in peoples minds the longer their injured, but Arthur just keeps getting worse.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1270 on: January 29, 2023, 12:23:13 pm »
Usually players get better in peoples minds the longer their injured, but Arthur just keeps getting worse.
their injured what?  bones?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1271 on: January 29, 2023, 12:26:31 pm »

I don't think he'd have made much, if any, difference had he stayed fit though. He's a decent player but he doesn't provide what we've been lacking this season. He was basically signed to cover Thiago and Keita who were both out injured and then got injured himself after 1 game.

The fact he's had a terrible fitness record prior meant it was doomed to fail. And it's Henderson and Fabinho's performances/physical drop off that's killed us most and he's not someone who could cover either.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 12:30:27 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1272 on: January 29, 2023, 12:30:27 pm »

He's a good midfielder, was a very good player for Barca

I think he's just a symbol of peoples frustration with our more recent transfer activity. Signing an injury prone midfielder to bolster your injury prone midfield is something we would all be in fits of laughter if an opposition side did it

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1273 on: January 29, 2023, 12:44:30 pm »

Egos, perhaps...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: January 29, 2023, 02:00:38 pm »

First time I've fucked that up in nearly 14k posts and you're straight on it, prick!

:D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1275 on: January 30, 2023, 04:58:21 pm »

I am not sure about his fitness levels these days, but he did look great on that Brazilian 2019 Copa America winning team. He has made some poor career choices, joining Barcelona and Juventus at the worst possible time, but his talent and ability were never questionable ...

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1276 on: January 30, 2023, 05:24:14 pm »
I am not sure about his fitness levels these days, but he did look great on that Brazilian 2019 Copa America winning team. He has made some poor career choices, joining Barcelona and Juventus at the worst possible time, but his talent and ability were never questionable ...

It's not just the career choices. It's the partying with Neymar and getting done for drink driving that haven't helped.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #1277 on: February 1, 2023, 08:27:29 am »

Back to Juventus I hope.
I hope he can swim the channel.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1278 on: February 1, 2023, 08:30:26 am »
People being melodramatic in here I see.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1279 on: February 1, 2023, 09:18:14 am »
The mancs wrapping Sabitzer up in a day and we stick with this goon. Should have got rid and tried for Sabitzer. Same ball park wages surely. Recruitment team on it's arse, numerous staff serving notices. Calamitous.