Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2748290 times)

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #49160 on: October 16, 2018, 07:22:51 am »
crosby went 7 from 7 then? bit of a contrast to last week

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #49161 on: October 16, 2018, 07:27:02 am »
Big worries about how easily SF got through at times but Rodgers looks like he’s nearing something like full fitness.

Makes a hell of a difference him being able to whip himself around and accelerate on those play action calls.

Important to just come away with the win. Big number 12!
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #49162 on: October 16, 2018, 08:11:41 am »
You can't talk about a team being good against the Raiders. Games against them shouldn't even count this season. ;D

Speaking of the Raiders, did anyone see the chart showing Carr's passes? It's hilarious.

His offensive line gets shredded by injuries and he`s turned into his gun-shy brother.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #49163 on: October 16, 2018, 09:24:26 am »
That GB defense is seriously stinking it up.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #49164 on: October 16, 2018, 10:08:29 am »
That GB defense is seriously stinking it up.

It's OK, they only have the Rams and Patriots up next.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #49165 on: October 16, 2018, 11:11:54 am »

Lines are gonna be 65+ for both of those!
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #49166 on: October 16, 2018, 01:21:30 pm »
You were torched repeatedly by CJ Beathard.

Marquise Goodwin is going to do that to a lot of teams this year. When it counted though they had two 3 and outs in a row and a pick straight after.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49167 on: October 16, 2018, 01:27:42 pm »
Benching Barkley as predicted ends up costing me the win, by a whole 5 points :(

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #49168 on: October 16, 2018, 01:43:31 pm »

It's a week to week league though. All that matters is getting the win in the end.

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #49169 on: October 16, 2018, 02:02:37 pm »
It's a week to week league though. All that matters is getting the win in the end.

This year is insane though. Bar the Rams (best team), Pats (just because) & maybe Saints, who's actually good enough from week to week to make a claim for their division? Half the divs are a shit show one game and highlight reel stuff the next.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #49170 on: October 16, 2018, 02:44:19 pm »
This year is insane though. Bar the Rams (best team), Pats (just because) & maybe Saints, who's actually good enough from week to week to make a claim for their division? Half the divs are a shit show one game and highlight reel stuff the next.

Too early to say. Some teams will find their identity later on in December/January, and it's survive and advance until then. Those are the months it always comes down to in the end.

Besides the ones you mentioned I think Chiefs and Eagles are looking like contenders. Teams like Steelers, Ravens, Vikings, Chargers etc. could still get there.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 02:46:22 pm by Midget »

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49171 on: October 16, 2018, 02:45:29 pm »
Marquise Goodwin is going to do that to a lot of teams this year. When it counted though they had two 3 and outs in a row and a pick straight after.

There was also a soft penalty on Sherman that overruled the sack and egregrious holding on the Rodgers run afterwards.

I mean if getting shredded by a nobody and squeaking by with liberal referee assistance is a good sign for the future, everyone except Oakland should be excited for the future. It was a poor showing by a team that is looking like it's running out of steam.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #49172 on: October 16, 2018, 03:08:52 pm »
Josh Allen is out for Sunday and might miss several games.

We could be in line for more of the Nathan Peterman Experience, the reality show which asks the question 'What if a guy who's never thrown a football before became an NFL QB?'

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49173 on: October 16, 2018, 03:10:39 pm »
There was also a soft penalty on Sherman that overruled the sack and egregrious holding on the Rodgers run afterwards.

I mean if getting shredded by a nobody and squeaking by with liberal referee assistance is a good sign for the future, everyone except Oakland should be excited for the future. It was a poor showing by a team that is looking like it's running out of steam.

That penalty wasn't soft, there's no point having a conversation with you.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49174 on: October 16, 2018, 03:13:46 pm »
That penalty wasn't soft, there's no point having a conversation with you.

Of course it was. No mention of all the holding in his run?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49175 on: October 16, 2018, 03:15:27 pm »
Of course it was. No mention of all the holding in his run?

there's no point having a conversation with you.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49176 on: October 16, 2018, 03:28:20 pm »

Enjoy the season pal, I'm sure Green Bay have turned a corner, got their swagger back and will challenge for the top 4 now.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49177 on: October 16, 2018, 03:36:01 pm »
Enjoy the season pal, I'm sure Green Bay have turned a corner, got their swagger back and will challenge for the top 4 now.

Seriously mate did Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers shit in your cornflakes once? Or was it multiple times.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49178 on: October 16, 2018, 03:57:46 pm »
Seriously mate did Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers shit in your cornflakes once? Or was it multiple times.

I'm as big a Rodgers fan as you'll find but I just hate the shit narratives that come out of games like this. Hyucking old dumbasses saying "that Aaron Rodgers does it again", ignoring all context and glossing over the BS refereeing calls. It's not just Rodgers, it's Brady, Brees, Manning when he was around too. When it's a close game between two excellent teams (SNF for example) I'm fine with it because it usually comes down to excellence. When it's a good team and a plucky gang of bums the narrative should be "why has Fat Mike completely shit the bed and needed Rodgers to bail him out yet again?"

It's exactly the same as when the Mancs win with a late Fellaini header after shitting it for an hour. All the swagger is back and corner turned nonsense comes out and it's intellectually dishonest.

That's what I was pointing out to you before. There really aren't any good things to take from a narrow win over a nothing team. A truly good team with good players (or any coach that isn't Fat Mike) wins that one 28-6.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49179 on: October 16, 2018, 04:31:31 pm »
I'm as big a Rodgers fan as you'll find but I just hate the shit narratives that come out of games like this. Hyucking old dumbasses saying "that Aaron Rodgers does it again", ignoring all context and glossing over the BS refereeing calls. It's not just Rodgers, it's Brady, Brees, Manning when he was around too. When it's a close game between two excellent teams (SNF for example) I'm fine with it because it usually comes down to excellence. When it's a good team and a plucky gang of bums the narrative should be "why has Fat Mike completely shit the bed and needed Rodgers to bail him out yet again?"

It's exactly the same as when the Mancs win with a late Fellaini header after shitting it for an hour. All the swagger is back and corner turned nonsense comes out and it's intellectually dishonest.

That's what I was pointing out to you before. There really aren't any good things to take from a narrow win over a nothing team. A truly good team with good players (or any coach that isn't Fat Mike) wins that one 28-6.

Agree with you on McCarthy and I have agreed with you in the past about our draft/trade policy. There are some very good players on this team though, we'll see where we are at the end of the year. Bad calls go both ways, we've been fucked over by a few already this year. I didn't see a replay of his run but if there was holding on it then fair dues. It should've been called back. We could've had a PI call in the endzone on one of our 3rd and longs as well but we didn't get it.

I may be biased but the Packers are the furthest thing from the Mancs and I'd like if you could refrain from comparing the two again  ;D

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #49180 on: October 16, 2018, 04:42:58 pm »
There really aren't any good things to take from a narrow win over a nothing team.

Except for ... the win, which is all that matters in the end. You have to respect any team in this league. They get paid as well. Call me crazy but I think the ability to win with a bad performance is quite valuable in this league. Packers are yet to play a compelete game but are 3-2-1. They could easily be 1-5 as well. They are staying afloat despite not hitting their potential. That's actually a part of being succesful in the NFL. If you have a bad patch you survive and advance.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49181 on: October 16, 2018, 04:45:46 pm »
Packers need to give Jones 20 carries a game and no mistake. Best running back on the squad by a mile.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49182 on: October 16, 2018, 04:59:10 pm »
Agree with you on McCarthy and I have agreed with you in the past about our draft/trade policy. There are some very good players on this team though, we'll see where we are at the end of the year. Bad calls go both ways, we've been fucked over by a few already this year. I didn't see a replay of his run but if there was holding on it then fair dues. It should've been called back. We could've had a PI call in the endzone on one of our 3rd and longs as well but we didn't get it.

I may be biased but the Packers are the furthest thing from the Mancs and I'd like if you could refrain from comparing the two again  ;D

A generational talent (Rodgers/Pogba) held back by a finished coach (Fat Mike/Jose) playing in front of a bunch of hysterical psychotic fans? Seems dead on to me!  ;D

Except for ... the win, which is all that matters in the end. You have to respect any team in this league. They get paid as well. Call me crazy but I think the ability to win with a bad performance is quite valuable in this league. Packers are yet to play a compelete game but are 3-2-1. They could easily be 1-5 as well. They are staying afloat despite not hitting their potential. That's actually a part of being succesful in the NFL. If you have a bad patch you survive and advance.

Winning because of Rodgers rather than actually being a legitimately good team is why Rodgers has one ring instead of five. And I see a fading force rather than a team on the up. Rodgers has 3-5 years left IMO and the Packers are going to waste the next 2/3 of those

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49183 on: October 16, 2018, 05:03:06 pm »
Rodgers is not Pogba, don't make me laugh.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49184 on: October 16, 2018, 05:15:46 pm »
Rodgers is not Pogba, don't make me laugh.

Not yet but in time he can reach the dizzying heights of that Pogba performance against Stoke last year!

it was sarcasm!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49185 on: October 16, 2018, 05:32:59 pm »
Not yet but in time he can reach the dizzying heights of that Pogba performance against Stoke last year!

it was sarcasm!

I also think he would've put in a better performance against Brighton this year.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #49186 on: October 16, 2018, 08:00:02 pm »
decent catch at the end of that game from Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #49187 on: October 17, 2018, 03:26:43 pm »
John Mara calling out Beckham Jr for his comments to the media. 🙈 Yeah, he’s the problem. The guy who’s best moment come when HE threw a touchdown pass.
I wish no ills to Eli, he provided me with some fantastic memories, and I know our  o-line is pitiful but the levels the organisation is going to suggest he’s not the problem is incredible. Personally I think the terrible o-line we’ve had the past few years has broken him mentally, but that still means he is part of the problem.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #49188 on: October 17, 2018, 04:22:44 pm »
John Mara calling out Beckham Jr for his comments to the media. 🙈 Yeah, he’s the problem. The guy who’s best moment come when HE threw a touchdown pass.
I wish no ills to Eli, he provided me with some fantastic memories, and I know our  o-line is pitiful but the levels the organisation is going to suggest he’s not the problem is incredible. Personally I think the terrible o-line we’ve had the past few years has broken him mentally, but that still means he is part of the problem.

Beckham Jr might not be the problem, his comments certainly don't help though. Mara and OBJ are both at fault here, as is Gettleman and whoever else is responsible for failing to either draft or pick up a better quarterback than Eli in the offseason.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #49189 on: October 18, 2018, 11:30:13 am »
Lawd give me strength to go through this season

https://twitter.com/WerColtsPodcast/status/1052233087004884993

Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #49190 on: October 18, 2018, 11:36:16 am »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline cross eyed redneck

• pound shop Owen Jones
  • Main Stander
« Reply #49191 on: October 18, 2018, 11:38:52 am »

Leave the packers alone you. Why do you dislike them so much?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #49192 on: October 18, 2018, 11:40:41 am »
Oh my.

http://isgrudengoneyet.com/

Haha. There's no way he's going any time soon.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #49193 on: October 18, 2018, 01:37:19 pm »
Haha. There's no way he's going any time soon.

Yep Gruden is guaranteed every cent of his contract, even if the Raiders fire him now.
#Sausages

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49194 on: October 18, 2018, 01:56:39 pm »
Leave the packers alone you. Why do you dislike them so much?

1) I don't

2) read the post

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #49195 on: October 18, 2018, 02:33:35 pm »
decent catch at the end of that game from Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown

He's my favourite Key & Peele character. Him and this fella tied

Offline cross eyed redneck

• pound shop Owen Jones
  • Main Stander
« Reply #49196 on: October 18, 2018, 02:41:34 pm »
1) I don't

2) read the post

I have read it. I thought I’d seen posts of yours before slagging Green Bay off. If it’s mistaken identity, my apologies.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #49197 on: October 18, 2018, 02:55:15 pm »
He's my favourite Key & Peele character. Him and this fella tied

Hingle McCringleberry was a personal favorite.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49198 on: October 18, 2018, 03:56:22 pm »
I have read it. I thought I’d seen posts of yours before slagging Green Bay off. If it’s mistaken identity, my apologies.

Regardless of whether it was him or not, wtf shouldn't he slag them off if he wants to, not like this is a packers board now is it?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49199 on: October 18, 2018, 04:06:10 pm »

I will slag off Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy until my dying breath. Aaron Rodgers should have 5 rings.

I also think that whole cheesehead/WE OWN OUR TEAM thing is embarrassing. But otherwise I have no issue with them at all.

Regardless of whether it was him or not, wtf shouldn't he slag them off if he wants to, not like this is a packers board now is it?

We do need more angry fans defending their team on here, unfortunately there's only three good teams in the league at the minute so everyone is kinda just miserable haha.

Going back to my original point about Green Bay's comeback not being impressive, I can think of an example of a very good comeback - week one, Green Bay vs Chicago. They were beaten down and then adjusted and retooled and out played Chicago in a win. That was a great fucking comeback.

Hey Claus, fuck off.