Author Topic: Liverpool and Manchester UTD in bombshell talks to join European Premier League  (Read 13866 times)

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I shall enter my reply in gif form.

My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
You do realise this is being proposed to replace the CL and not the PL, right?

:lmao

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
:lmao

Unable to use a sentence to formulate a reply?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Unable to use a sentence to formulate a reply?

"The Super League will never happen" brigade are not happy  :lmao

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
"The Super League will never happen" brigade are not happy  :lmao

You were quite clearly on about a European Superleague replacing the Premier League previously.

This isn't that. It's another competition to replace the CL and we'd remain part of the PL.

Plus this story comes out every year like clockwork.

Online RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
You were quite clearly on about a European Superleague replacing the Premier League previously.

This isn't that. It's another competition to replace the CL and we'd remain part of the PL.

It may be far fetched but still realistically possible that a super league replaces domestic league.

I draw parallels with Super Rugby in the Southern Hemisphere. Once they came about it became the de facto league for Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. Domestic competitions are still there but it is over-shadowed by these powerful franchises.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Nah.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan

When the Super League is established, the member clubs might play their B teams in the domestic leagues. There is no chance that their A teams will be playing 30-34 regular season games in the Super League, plus the play-off games in the Super League, and 34-38 domestic league games on top of it ...

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
When the Super League is established, the member clubs might play their B teams in the domestic leagues. There is no chance that their A teams will be playing 30-34 regular season games in the Super League, plus the play-off games in the Super League, and 34-38 domestic league games on top of it ...

I mean you’ve simply just made that up without anything backing it up.

We played 57 games last season, 53 season before, 56 season before.... 63 in 15/16.

Don’t see any reason, with added income, that we couldn’t have a bigger squad and play 34 league games and 30 European games then play younger players in any domestic cups.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
I mean you’ve simply just made that up without anything backing it up.

We played 57 games last season, 53 season before, 56 season before.... 63 in 15/16.

Don’t see any reason, with added income, that we couldn’t have a bigger squad and play 34 league games and 30 European games then play younger players in any domestic cups.

You haven't even read the opening post. The proposed Super League would have 30 or 34 regular season games, plus play-offs. Hardly a surprise, since the play-offs is where the real TV money is ...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In thread full of cry baby bullshit your post might be the worst.

Congratulations...

Why? Do you think the owners, spending millions on players, are happy having some unhinged yard dog putting their assets out of commission for 8 months? Do you think they don't look at the likes of Burnley serving up shit on a stick football every week earning fortunes because the happen to share a league with us? Take us and the Mancs out of the PL and it loses most of its audience straight away.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 08:12:01 pm by rob19:6 "And yeah doth the Lord liketh trucking." »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why? Do you think the owners, spending millions on players, are happy having some unhinged yard dog putting their assets out of commission for 8 months? Do you think they don't look at the likes of Burnley serving up shit on a stick football every week earning fortunes because the happen to share a league with us? Take us and the Mancs out of the PL and it loses most of its audience straight away.

Is right.

After the game on Saturday, I hope we do fuck them all off!

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Some people seem to be thinking that yard dogs and shit referees only exist in England.  Wait till we have to play Atletico twice a year.  Or Sergio Ramos.

This is a load of old bollocks and has been doing the rounds for years, but if it ever does come true then that will be the point I bin it off.  Just glad I got to see us win all the trophies I cared about before football dissapears up its own arse.

Agree with every word of this. I know everyone is still wounded after the weekend but wanting to swerve the prem off because of 'yard dogs' is a bit funny when you look at some of the c*nts on the continent, specifically the likes of Ramos. Not sure how some would have survived watching football in the decades past.

As for the idea itself, I feel one day a version of it will come to fruition, if not for a few years. I think I'll have packed it all in before so, and if not it'll certainly be the final nail.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
I’m against it but like a lot of fans of smaller clubs you start to think well fuck off then
These bigger clubs haven’t become big by beating each other every week you’ve got to beat the smaller clubs as well to win trophies
It becomes boring it’s like threats we will do this or that

You had two blatant terrible decisions against you vs Everton so people are a bit emotional

Emotion is the key . Do people really get emotional playing PSG, Juventus or Bayern Munich ( I wouldn’t know lol )  . I doubt it

Ultimately with no vested emotion in it fans will be bored and loose interest
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Agree with every word of this. I know everyone is still wounded after the weekend but wanting to swerve the prem off because of 'yard dogs' is a bit funny when you look at some of the c*nts on the continent, specifically the likes of Ramos. Not sure how some would have survived watching football in the decades past.

As for the idea itself, I feel one day a version of it will come to fruition, if not for a few years. I think I'll have packed it all in before so, and if not it'll certainly be the final nail.

Yeah, I don't think I'd bin it off in some kind of dramatic statement, I just think I'd find it hard to care anymore.  I'm not one of the #PleaseBanMeForALongTime brigade by a long shot, but if the purpose of LFC is just to make as much money as possible for a bunch of American hedge fund owners, then what's the point in us getting invested in it? 

As for the reaction to this weekend, I honestly don't think a lot of our fans have ever seen a derby before.  Show them a video of Gerrard on Naysmith or Kuyt on Neville and I assume we'd be hearing similar outrage?  Also, all this snobbery against the mid table sides now we've finally won it for the first time in 30 years.  If there was a European Super League 10 years ago, we wouldn't have been in it.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
I’m against it but like a lot of fans of smaller clubs you start to think well fuck off then
These bigger clubs haven’t become big by beating each other every week you’ve got to beat the smaller clubs as well to win trophies

You had two blatant terrible decisions against you vs Everton so people are a bit emotional

Emotion is the key . Do people really get emotional playing PSG, Juventus or Bayern Munich ( I wouldn’t know lol )  . I doubt it

I kind of agree with this.

Football would quickly lose its magic with a Super League imo.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Can't believe anyone would support this nonsense

I don’t think anyone actually does

It’s just forum/internet talk after a week when we’ve been particularly screwed over by the authorities in charge of the game.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
Yeah, I don't think I'd bin it off in some kind of dramatic statement, I just think I'd find it hard to care anymore.  I'm not one of the #PleaseBanMeForALongTime brigade by a long shot, but if the purpose of LFC is just to make as much money as possible for a bunch of American hedge fund owners, then what's the point in us getting invested in it? 

As for the reaction to this weekend, I honestly don't think a lot of our fans have ever seen a derby before.  Show them a video of Gerrard on Naysmith or Kuyt on Neville and I assume we'd be hearing similar outrage?  Also, all this snobbery against the mid table sides now we've finally won it for the first time in 30 years.  If there was a European Super League 10 years ago, we wouldn't have been in it.

Well said, my feelings too

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

As for the reaction to this weekend, I honestly don't think a lot of our fans have ever seen a derby before.  Show them a video of Gerrard on Naysmith or Kuyt on Neville and I assume we'd be hearing similar outrage?  Also, all this snobbery against the mid table sides now we've finally won it for the first time in 30 years. If there was a European Super League 10 years ago, we wouldn't have been in it.

When we were ranked as the best side in Europe...? I think there’s half a chance we might have
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
When we were ranked as the best side in Europe...? I think there’s half a chance we might have

We wouldn't have been able to pay the subs FFS.  Hodgies Heros taking on the European elite, the mind boggles.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

You're right, emotion is very important. To be honest I like it like it is. There is a good mix, plenty of local rivalries on going histories with the domestic league and well spiced with European footie when we're in it.

I would cut out the 3rd place ECL teams dropping into the Europa League. I'd also throw in a re run of the Cup Winners Cup for FA and League Cup winners across Europe. I'd make that straight knock out as well.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
We wouldn't have been able to pay the subs FFS.  Hodgies Heros taking on the European elite, the mind boggles.

Our left side of Paul Konchesky and Milan Jovanovic taking on Philipp Lahm and Arjen Robben.  Utopia indeed.
King Kenny.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan

I don't think that any true football fan supports the idea of a Super League. Personally, I am very nostalgic about the good old days of the European Cup. After all, those were the first games when I watched the club that I love since.

Unfortunately, football has changed a lot over the last 30-40 years. It is a massive business now, with the TV companies and the sponsors calling the shots. For the same reason the Premier League was created in 1992, the big clubs around Europe are pushing for the idea of the European Super League, and they will create it, with the help of the TV companies.

In many ways, this European Super League will be similar to the NFL, the richest sports league in the World. Anyone who follows american football knows that college football is even more popular with the ordinary fans in the USA than professional football, but the professionall football located in metropolitan areas (big markets) gets most of the money due to the developed corporate structure and the lucrative TV deals.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Our left side of Paul Konchesky and Milan Jovanovic taking on Philipp Lahm and Arjen Robben.  Utopia indeed.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yes good post Paul.

Offline BriarcliffInmate

• Kemlynite
  • I like football the way I like my politics: Red.
    • Radical Red Review
Yeah, fuck it, I would normally be against something like this but I'd relish the chance of playing the best teams of Europe - teams who actually want to play football, not just cause injuries. It should be invite-only as well.

Keep the PL, restrict the CL to anyone not a founder member of this Euro League (and teams invited to it). Seems fair to me.

I don't care if it ruins football in this country. For too long, teams have been used purely as political pawns by the government and the FA and UEFA. The PL started because the EFL weren't letting top teams get a fair proportion of what they earned, and the same is happening again in the PL. The Top 6 clubs massively subsidise the other teams, provide solidarity payments and huge parachute payments for lower leagues, and it still isn't good enough.

I don't want to be like America, where it's every man for himself, but the fact is I can completely see why top clubs are angry. Look at the FA and EFL - sat on millions in the bank, paying huge wages to their execs - yet still wanting us to bail out lower leagues. We should help the lower leagues, but you won't find many places in the world that fund their lower leagues to the extent the PL does. Plus, then you've got clubs like Stoke, where the owners are worth as much as FSG - why should we be bailing them out? There's no excuse for it. Financially, Burnley's owners are pretty poor, but they'd get nothing from a bailout, whereas the owners of Barnsley with a $9Bn net worth would. Why? Not every Championship and League 1 club is poor, but the EFL is expecting us to bail them all out.

Personally, I like it the way it is, but I do think the League cup needs to go, or at least be restricted to clubs not playing in Europe. That seems a sensible solution to managers' complaints about fixtures.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 11:04:13 pm by BriarcliffInmate »
"This club has been my life. I’d go out and sweep the street and be proud to do it for Liverpool FC if they asked me to." - Bob Paisley

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
King Kenny.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I kind of agree with this.

Football would quickly lose its magic with a Super League imo.

What magic?

To be honest, I'm not normally interested in the politics around the game, and I don't like change for the sake of change either, but I don't see too much magic actually left in the game anymore. There is also a lot to be said for the ''if it ain't broke, don't fix it'' approach to things, but the reality is that football is actually broken.

The only thing that keeps me remotely interested in the game these days is LFC and Klopp. Other than that, the magic was lost years ago. Football and football following in this country is rancid. Officials and constant rule changes are killing the game. It's being run into the ground and milked to death, as are the supporters. I also tire of endlessly having shithouse teams come to Anfield and shithouse fanbases coming here with their dreary Tory songbook.

After the weekend I reached a tipping point. Now, I honestly couldn't care less about this league. I couldn't care less about the shithouses who prayed for null and void last season just to deny us a title we'd won before lockdown. Where are those odious fuckers now? I can no longer care about the putrid haters out there who don't realise that their own clubs are only rich nowadays because of the likes of Liverpool, United and Arsenal. It's these clubs that bring the interest and the money. Clubs like us, European giants, are needed, yet all we get is abuse and gobshites looking to put a spanner in our works at every opportunity.

I'm not saying a supposed super league solves all or any of that. I'm just saying that the magic went long ago. Without LFC and Klopp, I'd have given up on it a long, long time ago. The game in this country (I live here, so can only know here) is broken. Those who run it and officiate it are not fit for purpose. I'd love us to fuck them all off, and fuck the likes of Everton off once and for all. I doubt I'd have said this a week ago but, as I said, I've reached my tipping point now.

Oh, and any 'super' league needs to start as it means to go on. That means fucking the likes of Abu Dhabi and PSG off from day one. No sportswashers please. Since when have Abu Dhabi FC been anywhere near an elite club? They can do one.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 01:30:58 am by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
The magic died in 1992 when Football was reinvented. Been brainwashed about how good the League is since.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Redbonnie

• Kopite
non plussed why people say we wouldn’t have got into the Super League in the past. Our Fan base is worldwide and a lot of our past problems have been caused by a failure to leverage that.  A super-league would give us that opportunity.  The current format is unsustainable. It’s holding us back... we can’t compete with the oligarchs and entire countries. If we don’t move forward we will slip back down the table as soon as Klopp goes. No one else could have done what he did on the money he has had. Also think of the money it would bring to our City and the Northwest ( where 3 of the clubs are) This City would be buzzing ... we need this and I hope our fan base don’t mobilise to stop it. We would be shooting ourselves in the foot. International football is leaching off the clubs and needs to be reined in as well.

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
non plussed why people say we wouldn’t have got into the Super League in the past. Our Fan base is worldwide and a lot of our past problems have been caused by a failure to leverage that.  A super-league would give us that opportunity.  The current format is unsustainable. It’s holding us back... we can’t compete with the oligarchs and entire countries. If we don’t move forward we will slip back down the table as soon as Klopp goes. No one else could have done what he did on the money he has had. Also think of the money it would bring to our City and the Northwest ( where 3 of the clubs are) This City would be buzzing ... we need this and I hope our fan base don’t mobilise to stop it. We would be shooting ourselves in the foot. International football is leaching off the clubs and needs to be reined in as well.

Would the city be buzzing though. I think it would alienate alot of the local fans i know it would defo put me off going anymore. Who wants to be in a league with no promotion and relegation playing teams that arent even our local rivals. Its a awful idea devised to maximise revenues for super clubs greedy owners. This is more aimed at international fans who watch on the tele.

Playing the likes of ajax is good and exciting because we havent played them since 1966 who wants to play them every year it would quickly get boring. People who think leaving the prem and joining a european super league will mean we will get fairer decisions of refs are mad aswell did none of the people saying that watch us play atheltico last year or napoli the refereeing in europe is iust as shite as here.

People saying fuck the premier league torys are mad aswell what is more tory than a european elite closed shop league which would also ruin the traditional leagues in every country just so a select few clubs can horde the tv money. The ticket prices for this would no doubt become even more expensive  they are bad enough already but at least the prem has schemes like mad £30 away tickets there would be nothing like that offered when it is the clubs who essentially run the league.

How would people feel if we joined this league and ended up being the whipping boys finishing 16th every year the majority of people wanting us to join this league would be on here crying about how we should have stayed in the prem.

Offline Klopites

• Main Stander

LOL you are questioning if our fans will get emotional playing against the likes of Juve & Bayern? They are the games that have brought the most amount of emotion out in me.

And whilst you might argue but yeah if you play them twice a season that emotion will soon die out and be removed, well guess what we have been playing West Ham twice a season for decades the only emotion left for me in watching games vs the likes of West Ham anymore is passion for my own team. So I'd much rather watch some decent footy between excellent European football teams that will be emotional and will take years if not decades for the emotion of that to die down to the levels of non existant emotion when playing West Ham. Even when that happens atleast the quality of football played to watch will still be excellent.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
non plussed why people say we wouldn’t have got into the Super League in the past.

It’s bizarre

I understand why people don’t why a super league. If I’m being honest I don’t particularly either, I just want the current formats to work better. But to say we wouldn’t have got into one ten years ago is just plain wrong. We’ve always been a monstrous club, even during the lean times. That’s the whole point, we’ve been one of the main attractions for the PL since it started. I’ve also seen certain supporters putting their own club down saying we don’t warrant any sort of ‘arrogance’ because we’ve only won the title once in that time, exactly the sort of shite opposition fans come out with.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
I saw some of the clubs being mentioned on Sky Sports news last night and they have no right even entering the conversation. Fucking Spurs and Man City, behave yourselves.
Only English sides that are big enough is us and United.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I normally wouldn't, but like SOS says, the magic has gone, footy is fucked and the hatred towards us as supporters and to our club, the glee over Null and Void, from small time c*nts, has made me think fuck the lot of you, I hope your fucking clubs go to the wall.

They can have their PL with City winning everything, I hope they enjoy it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
I normally wouldn't, but like SOS says, the magic has gone, footy is fucked and the hatred towards us as supporters and to our club, the glee over Null and Void, from small time c*nts, has made me think fuck the lot of you, I hope your fucking clubs go to the wall. .

Who gives a fuck about all that though? Stay off twitter and you avoid the majority of that.

The magic has gone because there are no fans and we have not been able to properly celebrate our title triumph in the face of all that internet-cess pool shite. That will not last forever.

It is zero reason to be supporting this. We'll be putting on home game exhibition matches in Qatar before you know it.

I am not claiming the league is great as it is now. It clearly needs massive structural change. But I don't see how going down the rabbit hole of further stratification of football into the haves and have nots is going to do anything to bring back the magic of the game. Quite the opposite in my eyes.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 10:18:34 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
LOL you are questioning if our fans will get emotional playing against the likes of Juve & Bayern? They are the games that have brought the most amount of emotion out in me.

And whilst you might argue but yeah if you play them twice a season that emotion will soon die out and be removed, well guess what we have been playing West Ham twice a season for decades the only emotion left for me in watching games vs the likes of West Ham anymore is passion for my own team. So I'd much rather watch some decent footy between excellent European football teams that will be emotional and will take years if not decades for the emotion of that to die down to the levels of non existant emotion when playing West Ham. Even when that happens atleast the quality of football played to watch will still be excellent.

Not sure you got what I meant

I don’t expect you to get super emotional against West Ham . We’re not local or trophy challenging rivals but

Liverpool have a big global support and I grew up in Essex around shit loads of Liverpool fans who had family or friends who were West Ham, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Ipswich, Crystal Palace, Charlton , Norwich or QPR fans etc etc etc

Those games by default have an emotion attachment ( Your not all Scousers 😁) . It’s not just the big 4/5 teams that everyone only cares about

Of course your champions league games will bring emotions as they can be great games leading to a potential trophy win . It’s the tournament and Liverpool legacy within the European Cup/Champions League that’s driving your emotions. Not the team Bayern Munich or PSG etc .

You play Everton your could be 5th they could be 16th in a league game there might not be as much officially riding on the game but 99% of Liverpool fans would be bang up for that game with a roller coaster of emotions
Purely down to the team your playing and history

My point being let’s say you left the premier league playing approx 14-18 same clubs each year with no emotional connection ( plus no guarantee you’d be top 4 club ) I think most would want to go back to the premier league

The premier league is shit in many aspects, I don’t need convincing I support a team that only by a miracle could finish in the top 6 let alone higher. How’s that for a good product in reality that’s ridiculous  . That’s no fun believe me but that emotional attachment since 1981 stupidly keeps me interested some how despite my interest in the peripheral bullshit within the game is dead

Be careful what you wish for though

Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Anything else aside, do people really want to go halfway across Europe for every single away game?

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who gives a fuck about all that though? Stay off twitter and you avoid the majority of that.

The magic has gone because there are no fans and we have not been able to properly celebrate our title triumph in the face of all that internet-cess pool shite. That will not last forever.

It is zero reason to be supporting this. We'll be putting on home game exhibition matches in Qatar before you know it.

I am not claiming the league is great as it is now. It clearly needs massive structural change. But I don't see how going down the rabbit hole of further stratification of football into the haves and have nots is going to do anything to bring back the magic of the game. Quite the opposite in my eyes.

I don't do social media, so missed all the twattishness.

I feel out of love with footy in this country a long time ago, the hype of a league with poor teams, teams qualifying for Europe and then not trying, the destruction of the FA Cup, away fans from shitholes standing in the Anny giving it the sign on, feed the scousers, all the same small time songs.  I still didn't want a Euro League, then all the null and void shit started from clubs and I just thought fuck off.

Love LFC, hate the game

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
When the PBP was announced it didn’t seem to have a chance of winning as it needed 14 clubs to pass it.
Now I can see why. Suddenly it seems the lesser of two evils and the 14 clubs who stood to lose have asked for more talks on it!

I’m hoping the the big 6 led by Us and Manu prefer a reformed PL to the uncertainties of a Euro Super League.
They would increase their turnover and introduce a form of FFP for the clubs participating and hopefully reform so many of football’s broken parts.

Just how they bring the FA into the 21st century I don’t know but it has to happen if the game is to prosper and improve. It’s not been doing that and future proposals for more international fixtures and summer tournaments means something has to give with the fixture calendar.

I think the power grab proposal where just a few clubs have total control may be something they can give up if it means the Big Picture change happens. In other words it’s a bargaining tool?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 11:02:55 am by redtel »
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!