Author Topic: The Shakers - Bury FC  (Read 17464 times)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Re: The Shakers - Bury FC
« Reply #200 on: August 28, 2019, 06:17:55 pm »
Afc Wimbledon started in the 9th division of English football in 2002, now they are in league 1, with Bolton bury and MK Dons. It can be done, but it's a long road back.

Just reading the above posts, and without knowing all the facts, is it correct to say that the owner of bury basically paid £1 and now owns gig lane.... Maybe that was the plan all along.

Owner number 1 took a mortgage on the ground and 40% of the money he got for it 'vanished'. Owner number 2 comes in on the £1-buy-a-club.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: August 28, 2019, 08:24:50 pm »
Yeah, pleased for them. Pleased for someone I know who loves that club.

Bolton offal

Even after he's gone, Eddie Davies looking after them.

Very good news.  Although I imagine many Bolton supporters, after the relief has worn off, will remain apprehensive over their immediate future.  As with FSG at Liverpool, it will take time for the new owners to prove their credentials to the fans.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: August 29, 2019, 05:08:55 am »
Bury's former owner Stewart Day has started another group of companies called Vivo. Who the hell would trust this guy with their investments?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 10:23:07 am by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 29, 2019, 07:06:05 am »
My sisters in-laws are from Bury and I have shared a few drinks with their fans, nice bunch.

Clubs like Bury are as important to football in the UK as Liverpool, let’s not forget Ian Rush came from another small lower league team. Bury’s demise will hopefully force the Football League to make its Fit and Proper Persons test more rigorous, while serving as a wakeup call to other smaller teams living beyond their means.

I hope a new Bury can rise through the leagues and sooner or later be back in the Football League.

The new owners failed the fit and proper test, hence why they got booted out of the league?
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2019, 01:38:32 pm »
Bury's former owner Sewart Day has started another group of companies called Vivo. Who the hell would trust this guy with their investments?

More to the point, why the hell hasn't he been given a life ban from holding directorships etc?  He's leaving a trail of wreckage wherever he goes!  :no

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2019, 03:13:50 pm »
More to the point, why the hell hasn't he been given a life ban from holding directorships etc?  He's leaving a trail of wreckage wherever he goes!  :no
he can just get his missus to be the director, same thing happens in other industries (pretty sure in the nightclub industry its quite common)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2019, 04:34:26 pm »
Some more Bolton related stuff from Nieve.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5_SLHMtv2e0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5_SLHMtv2e0</a>

Any follow up now that the sale has gone through from this lass?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: August 29, 2019, 05:47:58 pm »
Any follow up now that the sale has gone through from this lass?

Literally just started watching it. ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dLcf6cv3Gz4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dLcf6cv3Gz4</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2019, 07:20:07 pm »
Literally just started watching it. ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dLcf6cv3Gz4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dLcf6cv3Gz4</a>

Ta mate.  :thumbup

Good luck to them.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2019, 07:23:10 pm »
Bury's former owner Sewart Day has started another group of companies called Vivo. Who the hell would trust this guy with their investments?

The old and the infirm.

And Bury Football Club. 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2019, 07:25:04 pm »
Ta mate.  :thumbup

Good luck to them.

Yeah.  The lass is half Italian and a Napoli fan so she'll hopefully be back at Anfield in the CL.  She loves the place - maybe somebody here could get her into the Kop end if she agrees to keep quiet if Napoli score? ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2020, 01:29:28 pm »
Lot going on elsewhere but there'll be a time when this'll need picking up again.

The EFL’s review into the expulsion of Bury last August has recommended that the league strengthen its financial fair play rules, blaming the club’s collapse on the current system that allows owners to fund players’ wages.

The review, conducted from the EFL’s own Bury files by Jonathan Taylor QC, details the dramatic increase in spending on wages after the Lancashire property developer Stewart Day took over the club in 2013. Just four years later, wages had increased threefold to £4.5m, while the club’s revenues grew by less than 50% to £3.2m, so Bury were spending 140% of their entire turnover on wages alone.

Under Day, the club were persistently late paying other clubs and loan players’ wages, but he did put £11.5m into Bury. However, when his property companies began to collapse into administration – owing millions to investors and creditors – the club was “effectively insolvent”, the review states.

Reviewing Bury’s calamitous demise under the ownership of Steve Dale, who bought the club from Day for £1 in December 2018, Taylor questions whether the EFL’s owners’ and directors’ “fit and proper persons” test is itself “fit for purpose,” and recommends changes to the takeover rules. However these are “moot”, he says, because the core cause of the collapse was the reliance on funding from Day, which was then lost.

“The real problem is that the EFL’s Salary Cost Management Protocols [its financial fair play rules] do not require League One and Two clubs to pay player wages out of normal operating income, but instead permit them to fund much higher spending through cash injections from the club owner,” the review concludes. “That means the club becomes entirely dependent on the owner remaining ready, willing and able to sustain that level of funding, and if the flow of funds is cut off, the club is immediately plunged into financial crisis.

“I do not see how this furthers the stated objectives of the EFL’s financial fair play rules (to introduce more discipline and rationality in club football finances; to encourage clubs to operate on the basis of their own revenues; to encourage responsible spending for the long-term benefit of football; and to protect the long-term viability and sustainability of EFL football).”

More from Conn on the link.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #212 on: April 19, 2021, 06:33:39 pm »
Thinking of this a fair bit today.

The review will be chaired by the Honourable Member for Chatham and Aylesford [former Sports and Culture minister Tracey Crouch] and will be a root-and-branch examination of football in this country.

It will cover the financial sustainability of the men’s and women’s game, financial flows through the pyramid, governance regulation and the merits of an independent regulator.

Crucially, in light of this weekend’s proposal, it will also consider how fans can have an even greater say in the oversight of the game, and the models which might best achieve that.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/statement-by-oliver-dowden-on-the-european-super-league

Last time round the government let it slide by saying a couple of meetings a year with fan groups was perfectly adequate although they did also make it a bit easier for supporters' trusts to bid for clubs in administration and get those bids accepted. See where it heads I suppose but the scope of this is pretty huge if it is carried through to the fullest extent.