Author Topic: CL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Porto Thiago ‘52 Salah ‘70  (Read 12438 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
CL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Porto Thiago ‘52 Salah ‘70
« on: November 24, 2021, 07:07:54 pm »

Referee
Felix Zwayer (GER)

Assistant referees
Marco Achmüller (GER)
Mike Pickel (GER)

Fourth official
Sven Jablonski (GER)

Video Assistant Referee
Bastian Dankert (GER)

Assistant Video Assistant Referee
Harm Osmers (GER)

Random things that I don’t care about:

The colour yellow.
Fiction books.
Famous actors.
Who the president of USA is.
Baseball.
Celery.
France.
TV Soaps.
Timmy Mallett.
This match.

Well here's the downside of winning each game up to now in the CL.........we now have a meaningless match and our only objective should be to avoid injuries to key players. We cannot be caught and have guaranteed top spot.

Obviously we will play a weakened team but even then we have to be careful not to pickup injuries to our backup players as they may be needed at some time soon.

I believe that our injury list includes Firmino, Elliott, Gomez, Jones, Jota, Origi, Williams, Robertson, Milner and Keita. That list is starting to grow and may affect our season. If anyone has a recent update then please correct me; several of these players may be available for the Porto game.

With our list of injuries I think the following will not play.
TAA, VVD, Matip, Robertson, Tsimikas, Fabinho, Thiago, Firmino, Salah and Mane. Alisson will also be rested.

So who do I believe we will play as it’s going to be a wild guess. Klopp might play the likes of a Henderson to give him some match fitness and one or two in the injured list might be fit enough.

I think Kelleher will play but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Adrian.
Ok that’s the easy choice as we have enough fit keepers.

Defence is hard to predict if Williams and Gomez aren’t available.

I think Phillips and Bradley will play. I think Williams may be ok but he is our backup for TAA and so I wouldn’t risk him. I’m also going to assume that Milner will be fit. Koumetio is an option to play alongside Phillips. Maybe Konate will play to give him more game time or even Gomez if he’s fit.

So maybe:

Bradley Konate Phillips Milner

Again I’m struggling to guess who will play in midfield.

Henderson and Ox could play but would you risk them getting injured?
Jones and Keita may be available but even so I wouldn’t risk either of them.
Morton will probably start.

My guess is:

Morton Ox Dixon-Bonner

Up front i’m going to exclude Mane, Salah and Jota.

I think we have to risk Origi and Minamino just to give them a game…….that’s if Divok is fit.

Attackers could therefore be Divok, Minamino and Blair.

I really have no idea who will play but I don’t want to see any of our key players or backup players being risked. Yes there is a case for playing some who need more match fitness but that could go horribly wrong if any of them get injured.

As for the subs then it could be anyone as long as they were either listed in the CL squad or else meet the criteria for the B List.

I could have more chance of winning the lottery than guessing who could be on the bench.

I think Klopp will give minutes to several players who he'd like to see at a higher level.

The result........could be anything although I predict a 2-2 draw.

Porto will be delighted that they aren’t going to face our strongest team and that gives them a good chance of taking all 3 points………but if they do then all I really care about is zero injuries and the chance for some of our youngsters to play a competitive game. We have a crop of good players coming through and this type of opportunity will be great for their development. Imagine standing on the pitch for your first senior start listening to a packed Anfield singing YNWA.

I'm just going to sit back, open a can and enjoy the match without any thought of what the score will be. I might even be tempted to read a fiction novel or listen to Timmy Mallett during the game.

Let's hope it's an enjoyable match and that we don't pick up any injuries.

Over to you guys to debate the lineup or anything else whilst I have a beer.

Oh and please don’t tell me you like Timmy Mallett.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 09:28:47 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CL: Liverpool vs Porto
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 07:09:23 pm »

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 07:57:26 pm »
For what is the deadest of dead rubbers, there is a packed house.

W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 08:00:04 pm »
Great away crowd always adds to the atmosphere.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 08:00:29 pm »
0 we’re underway as Liverpool attack the anfield road end in the first half.
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 08:02:17 pm »
2 early corner for Porto

Headed clear by Matip
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 08:03:33 pm »
3 plenty of early possession for Porto, but we’ve defended well.
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2021, 08:05:33 pm »
5 marvellous pass off the outside of Chamberlins foot, so close to putting. Mo clear, but an equally good interception by the Porto player
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2021, 08:06:15 pm »
6 nice through ball by Williams, but the defender gets to it just ahead of Mo
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2021, 08:08:52 pm »
7 mistake by Tsimikas who is dispossessed, the cross into the box is deflected just wide of goal.

The corner results in nothing
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2021, 08:10:01 pm »
It could have been awkward for Matip that.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2021, 08:10:13 pm »
10 A Porto player gets past Konate far too easily, but he gets back to block the cross and gets a goal kick.
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2021, 08:12:39 pm »
12 how?  A sustained spell of pressure the reds, Salah tied them in knots

Then Porto break, go clear it’s squared and put wide.

But there’s a VAR check…

Check over. 

How did he miss?
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2021, 08:12:48 pm »
Konate is struggling so far, taking too much time.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2021, 08:14:36 pm »
14 lovely nice, Thiago hits a long ball to Tsimikas and his lovely cross is put behind for a corner.

The corner doesn’t quite work out.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2021, 08:17:39 pm »
Van Dijk sitting on the subs bench looking as if he is dying to take control of that defence.  ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2021, 08:20:08 pm »
19:
 All a bit stale at the moment

Oh hang on!  Minamino is set free by Tsimikas, the defender blocks his cross for a corner.

Konate has a free header… but it’s right at the keeper… the ref blows for a foul… would have been harsh that
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2021, 08:23:01 pm »
Over to Jill … not much is going on…

Although Pepe may have picked up an injury… oh dear. Shame
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2021, 08:23:24 pm »
Looks like Porto are going to make a change.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2021, 08:24:49 pm »
23 What is the Porto keeper doing. Takes a kick goes off Mane's head and almost ends up at Salah's feet. It's like he is trying to dink the ball over our front three, a dangerous ploy.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2021, 08:25:07 pm »
23 What is the Porto keeper doing. Takes a kick goes off Mane's head and almost ends up at Salah's feet. It's like he is trying to dink the ball over our front three, a dangerous ploy.
That was all sorts of nuts
W

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2021, 08:25:53 pm »
Over to Jill … not much is going on…

Although Pepe may have picked up an injury… oh dear. Shame
and of course that tantalising shot from Salah

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2021, 08:26:02 pm »
24 Cardoso comes on for Pepe.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2021, 08:27:25 pm »
26 After a bit of Porto pressure we break a great ball over to the right Salah runs with it tries a shot and it really confuses the Porto defence/keeper but they just about manage to deal with it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2021, 08:28:57 pm »
27 Yet again the Porto keeper kicks the ball right out to Salah who is offside as it happens. But talk about making your own problems!

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2021, 08:29:56 pm »
That was a bizarre decision by the ref…
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2021, 08:30:27 pm »
29 Konate gets a yellow after a coming together, though it looks harsh. The free kick comes to nothing.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2021, 08:32:30 pm »
31 The crowd pointing out that Porto are trying to take a throw in way out of position. They are ordered back, it goes to Alisson.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2021, 08:34:33 pm »
33 Some really good tracking back by Chamberlain which earns him some applause. We break but Mane had drifted offside.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2021, 08:37:06 pm »
35 A good little break by Williams, but the final ball is sort of between where are attacking players are on the edge of the box, Porto come away with the ball.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2021, 08:38:29 pm »
37 Then a great ball ends up with Mane, who puts it in the net but its ruled offside.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2021, 08:39:51 pm »
37 Then a great ball ends up with Mane, who puts it in the net but its ruled offside.
5years ago, no one argues with that being anything but level
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2021, 08:40:47 pm »
39 Uribe gets a yellow card for pulling back Thiago as he ghosts away from our area.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2021, 08:41:32 pm »

It was so close it was stupid just give the goal.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2021, 08:42:37 pm »
41 What a lovely determined run that was from Chamberlain, he's having another good game tonight.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2021, 08:43:33 pm »
Yep - this obsession with mm offside is anything but enjoyable

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2021, 08:43:51 pm »
42 The Porto manager is frustrated as his players continue to make mess of their chances. But we need to be careful here with our defending.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2021, 08:44:57 pm »
Porto player just got Anfielded...should have take the shot and probably would have scored

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2021, 08:45:10 pm »
44 A nice bit of combination play between Salah and Mane ends with a corner. The keeper catches the ball.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2021, 08:45:59 pm »
45+1

Into added on time.