Author Topic: Gini Wijnaldum  (Read 59080 times)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Gini Wijnaldum
« on: June 10, 2021, 10:01:38 pm »
Disappointed that he has gone to a sports washing club. Are PSG any better than Man City? Nope.

Hope he rinses them for as much money as he can, then moves on to a club not run by c*nts asap.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Gini Wijnaldum
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 10:03:31 pm »
I loved Gini as a player, but he has always been a pain to try and negotiate with. Personally, I think he always intended to run his deal down and leave on a free. To be honest if I was a player nowadays I would probably do the same.

Before he joined Liverpool he was going to join Spurs, eulogised about Pochetino but then couldn't agree personal terms. He has failed to negotiate a deal with Liverpool and then done the same with Barca.

He is a top professional and a quality player, but I think he may find the grass isn't always greener. I think he may struggle to nail down a starting place. PSG have some real quality midfield options.

He's their second best midfielder bar Veratti.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 10:40:20 pm »
He's their second best midfielder bar Veratti.

Gueye and Paredes are also quality players.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 11:00:46 pm »
Hard to see him go join another top, top squad. What a player for us.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 11:04:40 pm »

Doesn't change what I said Al.  ;D

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 11:09:38 pm »
Can't believe he went to them... thought it was Barca he wanted .. disappointed 😞

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 11:16:30 pm »
Doesn't change what I said Al.  ;D

I agree with you.

The thing is though that Jurgen had a specific role for Gini as the controller. The player that took the sting out of the game. Gini played passively for us because that is what Jurgen wanted. We play as a team and Gini was brilliant at that. He didn't have an ego and was prepared to sacrifice his attacking instincts for the team.

PSG will be a whole new ball game. They have outstanding individuals, but they rarely play as a team. Gini's biggest attribute for me is his willingness and ability to receive the ball in tight spaces. That isn't really an attribute though when Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria are screaming for the ball.

I really struggle to see what role Gini will perform for PSG.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 11:20:24 pm »
Can't believe he went to them... thought it was Barca he wanted .. disappointed 😞

From a footballing perspective, he should have stayed with us. However, I can't really blame him for signing a life changing deal with PSG.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 11:22:10 pm »
I agree with you.

The thing is though that Jurgen had a specific role for Gini as the controller. The player that took the sting out of the game. Gini played passively for us because that is what Jurgen wanted. We play as a team and Gini was brilliant at that. He didn't have an ego and was prepared to sacrifice his attacking instincts for the team.

PSG will be a whole new ball game. They have outstanding individuals, but they rarely play as a team. Gini's biggest attribute for me is his willingness and ability to receive the ball in tight spaces. That isn't really an attribute though when Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria are screaming for the ball.

I really struggle to see what role Gini will perform for PSG.

He's playing in midfield isn't he? An area of the pitch they have problems with, when Verratti isn't playing, as the others available aren't fit to tie his shoelaces, and Gini is better than the rest of them. Not sure what players you are on about being better than him, he walks into that side.

Paredes,Herrera and the former Everton lad who'se name escapes me, are no where near his level.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 11:33:13 pm »
He's playing in midfield isn't he? An area of the pitch they have problems with, when Verratti isn't playing, as the others available aren't fit to tie his shoelaces, and Gini is better than the rest of them. Not sure what players you are on about being better than him, he walks into that side.

Paredes,Herrera and the former Everton lad who'se name escapes me, are no where near his level.

Is midfield the problem area though or is it just down to the fact that Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria just don't work hard enough. I think Gini is a top player, but most of his best work goes unnoticed. That isn't going to endear him to the fans when they have a team full of egos. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2021, 11:38:12 pm »
Massively under appreciated

this. We should have paid him and sign him until he retires with us, same as Milner...

Gini will rock PSG midfield and perform well until his mid-30s

massive mistake and I hope we have a good first-team replacement.

Will miss him a lot!

Good luck Gini and thanks for the amazing performances!

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2021, 11:41:45 pm »
Is midfield the problem area though or is it just down to the fact that Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria just don't work hard enough. I think Gini is a top player, but most of his best work goes unnoticed. That isn't going to endear him to the fans when they have a team full of egos.

That may be but they are still lining up with 3 midfielders regardless of how poor the front three are in terms of work rate. You said there are other players better than him. In his position, only Verratti is. He's going to be a starter.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2021, 11:48:02 pm »

He wanted to get paid, and rightly so.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2021, 11:49:45 pm »
Being as Veratti only plays about three* games per season, I'm sure Gini will get a lot of game time

(*I may be exaggerating slightly)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2021, 11:55:09 pm »
That may be but they are still lining up with 3 midfielders regardless of how poor the front three are in terms of work rate. You said there are other players better than him. In his position, only Verratti is. He's going to be a starter.

Pochetino's favoured formation though is a 4-2-3-1, so you end up with two midfielders. That for me means Gini isn't a shoe in.

A bit like Herrera signing Gini makes sense from a FFP perspective.

As for saying there were better players than Gini, I didn't say that. I said PSG have quality options.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2021, 11:59:46 pm »
Pochetino's favoured formation though is a 4-2-3-1, so you end up with two midfielders. That for me means Gini isn't a shoe in.

A bit like Herrera signing Gini makes sense from a FFP perspective.

As for saying there were better players than Gini, I didn't say that. I said PSG have quality options.

You said he would have a problem playing regularly. Quality options in midfield they don't have. They have options but they aren't quality.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2021, 12:12:33 am »
You said he would have a problem playing regularly. Quality options in midfield they don't have. They have options but they aren't quality.

No I said he might struggle to nail down a starting position.

I loved Gini as a player, but he has always been a pain to try and negotiate with. Personally, I think he always intended to run his deal down and leave on a free. To be honest if I was a player nowadays I would probably do the same.

Before he joined Liverpool he was going to join Spurs, eulogised about Pochetino but then couldn't agree personal terms. He has failed to negotiate a deal with Liverpool and then done the same with Barca.

He is a top professional and a quality player, but I think he may find the grass isn't always greener. I think he may struggle to nail down a starting place. PSG have some real quality midfield options.

I think that is fair.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2021, 01:39:52 am »
No I said he might struggle to nail down a starting position.

If he's going to struggle to nail down a starting position, then he isn't playing regularly. Same shit.

PSG have some real quality midfield options.

Options that lack quality.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2021, 08:27:03 am »
Disappointed that he's gone to a sportswashing vehicle.  As someone said earlier, footballers couldn't really care less where their money comes from.

Was a great player for us though, loved watching him play!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 08:47:23 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2021, 08:50:02 am »
Disappointed that he's gone to a sportswashing vehicle.  As someone said earlier, footballers couldn't really care less where their money comes from.

there are not that many footballers that are known for having high iqs or are that bothered really about where the money comes from - even though that could be from nefarious ways

i'm not saying either that they endorse that but they don't care as long as they bucks keep coming - best for them not to ask

now whether we chastise those players is another thing - but he has talent so we (the fans) tend to look the other way

gini isn't a bad person - i don't know him personally - but dangle the money and it seems he'll follow you snatching at it just like 99% of footballers

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2021, 08:50:07 am »
I will miss him, always felt he was an underrated player, I have to be honest I'm disappointed he has ended up at PSG, I get that it's his last big pay packet but a sports washing club, was that really the only choice?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2021, 10:00:50 am »
this. We should have paid him and sign him until he retires with us, same as Milner...

Gini will rock PSG midfield and perform well until his mid-30s

massive mistake and I hope we have a good first-team replacement.

Will miss him a lot!

Good luck Gini and thanks for the amazing performances!
Gini would have cost like 3-4 times as much as Milner and be the best paid player in the team. Good player, but he's not Gerrard.
We're trying to get new contracts with Salah, VVD and Fabinho, and how would we have convinced them to earn less than Gini?
The club did the right thing.
I don't blame Gini though, it's his last big contract and PSG seemingly offered twice as much as anybody else.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2021, 11:19:47 am »

I was surprised he went to PSG but not by the last minute change due to money. Barca fecked up badly, but they are skint and are really putting all their big money into Messi contracts and other free signings.  Apologies for getting this wrong - I really believed he wanted to go to Barca (or Real) like most Dutch players . apparently is was 3M at Barca vs 8M at PSG. Agents and players have so much power in their last year of contract - you need to sign , extend or sell your most valuable assets before they rundown their contracts. We had this with Macca and Owen with Real and now Gini.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2021, 12:54:37 pm »
Can’t see how he doesn’t play every game for PSG as long as he’s fit. Great signing for them.

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2021, 05:34:55 pm »

They always go missing during crunch CL games. PSG rarely dominate the midfield. Gini will be a key player for them.
True North Strong

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2021, 06:02:29 pm »
you need to sign , extend or sell your most valuable assets before they rundown their contracts. We had this with Macca and Owen with Real and now Gini.

I don't think that's necessarily the case, it depends on how much you can get for him, how long (and how much) it takes to replace him.

In this instance, did we really want to force Gini out in 2019 and get a replacement? We didn't but we did sign Thiago last summer. Had we got a decent offer Gini may have gone then but we didn't and I think we'd all agree that it was better to keep him for a season than get £10m or so.

Also have to take into account players in the last 2 years of a 5 year contract are being paid less than the current going rate for their status so if they turn down a new contract they are in effect 'cheaper' which makes not getting a fee less problematic.

Situation could be a bit different with someone like Salah as his value is a lot higher so the calculations will take that into account.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2021, 06:17:18 pm »
They always go missing during crunch CL games. PSG rarely dominate the midfield. Gini will be a key player for them.
For £311,000 a week, you'd be expecting him to get a game most weeks
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2021, 06:55:35 pm »

When you have a front four of Mbappe, Neymar, Di Maria and Draxler then you are unlikely to dominate midfield. They simply don't play as a team and have ego's all over the pitch.

Gini is a top player but playing in PSG's midfield is a poisoned chalice.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2021, 08:36:39 pm »
When you have a front four of Mbappe, Neymar, Di Maria and Draxler then you are unlikely to dominate midfield. They simply don't play as a team and have ego's all over the pitch.

Gini is a top player but playing in PSG's midfield is a poisoned chalice.

Which is entirely different to saying that PSG have quality midfield options and whatever else you said.

In reality they have one quality option, one world class player in midfield who hasn't played more than 25 league games in years, so clearly they need a better midfielder  aside from what him and the rest of the bang average players they have currently in said position

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2021, 08:37:08 pm »
For £311,000 a week, you'd be expecting him to get a game most weeks

Considering that Pochettino wanted him at Spurs, it's clearly that he rates him highly.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2021, 08:51:32 pm »
Which is entirely different to saying that PSG have quality midfield options and whatever else you said.

In reality they have one quality option, one world class player in midfield who hasn't played more than 25 league games in years, so clearly they need a better midfielder  aside from what him and the rest of the bang average players they have currently in said position

PSG have the likes of Ander Herrera, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Leandro Paredes, Julian Draxler, Pablo Sarabia, Rafinha and Danilo Pereira. For me, it isn't guaranteed that Gini will settle immediately and become an automatic pick the way he has been under Klopp. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2021, 08:54:27 pm »
PSG have the likes of Ander Herrera, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Leandro Paredes, Julian Draxler, Pablo Sarabia, Rafinha and Danilo Pereira. For me, it isn't guaranteed that Gini will settle immediately and become an automatic pick the way he has been under Klopp.

All average players at this point of time. Some of which prefer playing out wide than they do in midfield. None of them are at Gini's level currently by any means.

I know what they have, that's precisely why I've said this multiple times.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2021, 11:03:05 pm »

Yes there are no guarantees in football but Gini and Veratti are levels above anyone on that list and will give PSG a formidable midfield to build from. How the fuck is anyone getting the ball of them two both superb in tight spaces. I think Veratti if he can stay fit will be the biggest winner with the Gini signing. Gini is superb tactically and will protect PSG from counters by staying connected to Veratti. Unfortunately i think this is a very smart signing for PSG because Gini is a glue guy who makes a teams midfield function and if Mbappe stays which it looks like he will i wouldnt be surprised if they got over the hump in the CL.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2021, 09:25:51 am »
All average players at this point of time. Some of which prefer playing out wide than they do in midfield. None of them are at Gini's level currently by any means.

I know what they have, that's precisely why I've said this multiple times.

You are basing that entirely on Gini continuing with his Liverpool form which isn't a given. He is settled at Liverpool is respected by his peers, and he knows the strengths of the players around him. He also has Virgil who is a close friend at the club. He will be moving to a new country and a different culture during COVID. Who knows how Gini his wife or his kids will settle. Then there is a very different dressing room dynamic at PSG.

If you want a very similar situation, look at how long it took Thiago to settle at Liverpool.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2021, 01:54:13 pm »
You are basing that entirely on Gini continuing with his Liverpool form which isn't a given. He is settled at Liverpool is respected by his peers, and he knows the strengths of the players around him. He also has Virgil who is a close friend at the club. He will be moving to a new country and a different culture during COVID. Who knows how Gini his wife or his kids will settle. Then there is a very different dressing room dynamic at PSG.

If you want a very similar situation, look at how long it took Thiago to settle at Liverpool.

Thiago was out injured for the entire first half of the season, whilst having COVID and then coming into a side who lost all of it's confidence. So unless all of those things happen, it's a pointless comparison, but even if it does, Thiago's class eventually showed.

And again none of that has anything to do with their options being average whether or not Gini settles, that will remain the case.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2021, 09:28:06 pm »
Thiago was out injured for the entire first half of the season, whilst having COVID and then coming into a side who lost all of it's confidence. So unless all of those things happen, it's a pointless comparison, but even if it does, Thiago's class eventually showed.

That isn't really true though, is it. Thiago played in our 2nd, 5th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th League games and ended up playing 24 of our 38 League games.

And again none of that has anything to do with their options being average whether or not Gini settles, that will remain the case.

Come on their options in midfield and in the 10 role are far from average. We are talking about 7 or 8 full Internationals. Is Gini going there to be a nailed on starter, or is Veratti the nailed on starter and Gini fighting for the 1 or 2 places alongside him.

You talk as if Gini will just turn up and not have to adjust and start week in week out. It might happen or he might struggle like he did at Newcastle initially.

Last season's Dutch Footballer of the Year, Georginio Wijnaldum , has admitted he's struggling at Newcastle with the club yet to record a win this season.

The 24-year-old moved to St James' Park from PSV Eindhoven for £14.5million in the summer, but has struggled for form and Steve McClaren's side sit 19th in the Premier League table.

He was criticised by Magpies legend Alan Shearer for his recent performance against West Ham and the Dutch playmaker admits he can do better.

"It has been really hard for me (coming from being champions)," Wijnaldum said. "But it is a situation I have to deal with. I can only work hard and stay positive and look forward.

"That is what I am doing and that is what we must do as a team."

"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2021, 10:09:01 pm »
That isn't really true though, is it. Thiago played in our 2nd, 5th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th League games and ended up playing 24 of our 38 League games.

It's not about how many games he played, it's how much time he missed due to injury that would have helped him settle quicker and better, that made the settling part far more difficult than what it would have been otherwise. He also didn't have a pre-season with us. All the things that Gini won't need to deal with.

Come on their options in midfield and in the 10 role are far from average. We are talking about 7 or 8 full Internationals. Is Gini going there to be a nailed on starter, or is Veratti the nailed on starter and Gini fighting for the 1 or 2 places alongside him.

Being a full international doesn't mean you're a top class player. There's a shit loads of players who are full internationals but average players, either because they're inconsistent or because they're past it.

He's better than Herrera who is past it, [not called up for Spain] better than Sarabia, who prefers playing out wide than he does playing in the middle of the park, better than Idrisa Gueye, better than Paredes who isn't even a regular starter, better than Di Maria [a player who excels in wide areas and not in a 2 man midfield], better than Drexler who has been underwhelming since he left Schalke [and is more of a winger than he is a central midfielder].

There's a clear level between him and those listed.

You talk as if Gini will just turn up and not have to adjust and start week in week out. It might happen or he might struggle like he did at Newcastle initially.

Again none of that makes any difference to a point you made about them having quality options in midfield, which they don't.  Options yes, quality, not really.

The quote you bring up is also less relevant, given that Gini is coming to a side who have high expectations, he isn't going to a club like Newcastle where the standards are different. It was also 6 years ago, I'm sure he's matured tremendously as a footballer and as a person in that time. There are no guarantees that he settles in right away, but we are talking about his ability presently compared to the other midfielders not named Verratti, he's clearly the 2nd best midfielder based on ability right now at this moment. 

Clearly you have some issue with the bloke, seeing as you've already tried to paint a picture of him being a difficult person to deal with in terms of us negotiating a contract, despite knowing sweet fuck all what transpired between us and him and what he was asking for.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 10:16:06 pm by deFacto please, you bastards »

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2021, 10:20:34 pm »
It's not about how many games he played, it's how much time he missed due to injury that would have helped him settle quicker and better, that made the settling part far more difficult than what it would have been otherwise. He also didn't have a pre-season with us. All the things that Gini won't need to deal with.

Being a full international doesn't mean you're a top class player. There's a shit loads of players who are full internationals but average players, either because they're inconsistent or because they're past it.

He's better than Herrera who is past it, [not called up for Spain] better than Sarabia, who prefers playing out wide than he does playing in the middle of the park, better than Idrisa Gueye, better than Paredes who isn't even a regular starter, better than Di Maria [a player who excels in wide areas and not in a 2 man midfield], better than Drexler who has been underwhelming since he left Schalke [and is more of a winger than he is a central midfielder].

There's a clear level between him and those listed.

Again none of that makes any difference to a point you made about them having quality options in midfield, which they don't.  Options yes, quality, not really.

The quote you bring up is also less relevant, given that Gini is coming to a side who have high expectations, he isn't going to a club like Newcastle where the standards are different. It was also 6 years ago, I'm sure he's matured tremendously as a footballer and as a person in that time. There are no guarantees that he settles in right away, but we are talking about his ability presently compared to the other midfielders not named Verratti, he's clearly the 2nd best midfielder based on ability right now at this moment. 

Clearly you have some issue with the bloke, seeing as you've already tried to paint a picture of him being a difficult person to deal with in terms of us negotiating a contract, despite knowing sweet fuck all what transpired between us and him and what he was asking for.

I have based Gini being difficult to negotiate with because he has continually failed to agree personal terms with clubs. He wanted to join Spurs but couldn't agree personal terms. He wanted to stay at Liverpool but couldn't agree personal terms. He wanted to join Barca but couldn't agree personal terms.

I would say there was a pattern, wouldn't you.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2021, 10:33:06 pm »
I have based Gini being difficult to negotiate with because he has continually failed to agree personal terms with clubs. He wanted to join Spurs but couldn't agree personal terms. He wanted to stay at Liverpool but couldn't agree personal terms. He wanted to join Barca but couldn't agree personal terms.

I would say there was a pattern, wouldn't you.

No, because unlike you I don't like to jump to conclusions without knowing the full details. I don't know what the personal terms entails, and what he wanted, what Spurs offered, what we offered and what Barca offered. There are loads of players who have failed to agree to personal terms with clubs.

Labeling somebody difficult, and stating that he always intended on running down his contract, without knowing anything, is bizarre.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2021, 10:41:26 pm »
In addition, not only did Gini not reach terms with Spurs, the two clubs didn't reach terms either. When Klopp reached out to Gini, we and Newcastle reached to an agreement 3 days later, and he didn't think about twice joining us. This is from his own words, sounds like such a difficult lad to deal with right? :D