Author Topic: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)  (Read 592414 times)

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
Re: Welcome Harvey
« Reply #3200 on: April 2, 2022, 03:20:51 pm »
Did he play today?? I don’t think he was even in the squad?

Maybe against Chelsea U23's this morning.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3201 on: April 2, 2022, 03:37:03 pm »
Maybe against Chelsea U23's this morning.

Oh right. Fair enough.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #3202 on: April 3, 2022, 09:44:05 pm »
Elliott hasn't featured much recently, and a couple of times not even made the match day squad. Does anyone have any insight? Maybe a case of Klopp wanting to be cautious with his comeback or is he just not back to the level he was at before?
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3203 on: April 3, 2022, 09:49:00 pm »
Probably because the ridiculous amount of talent we have now.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3204 on: April 3, 2022, 10:11:14 pm »
Probably because the ridiculous amount of talent we have now.
He was making starts in the beginning of the season with the same talent around (bar Keita). I think it may have to do with a drop of form, which is expected at his age. He played for the U23s, which may have been intended to give him game time.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3205 on: April 3, 2022, 10:13:28 pm »
He was making starts in the beginning of the season with the same talent around (bar Keita). I think it may have to do with a drop of form, which is expected at his age. He played for the U23s, which may have been intended to give him game time.

But the injury clearly is a factor as was noted. Klopp is juggling a lot of pieces. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the bench Tuesday.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3206 on: April 3, 2022, 10:15:38 pm »
But the injury clearly is a factor as was noted. Klopp is juggling a lot of pieces. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the bench Tuesday.
Agree about the injury, and I too hope he gets CL experience from the bench.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #3207 on: April 3, 2022, 10:40:17 pm »
If Naby is still injured and Jones turns out to have a knock, we probably will see him on the bench. There is no way that Thiago, Hendo and Fab can play 90min every game.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3208 on: April 4, 2022, 12:50:13 pm »
19 today.  :D

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3209 on: April 4, 2022, 09:36:24 pm »
Happy Birthday to Harvey Elliott

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3210 on: April 11, 2022, 04:42:17 pm »
Would love to see him involved this Wednesday.

He kind of cemented himself as a starter in those first few games and was one of our best players before the injury. Hopefully he can find some opportunities to get back in before the end of the season as at his best he does offer something we don’t really have in the Foden, Silva buzzy quick footed highly skilled mould.

It’ll be tough to get back in as every game has something riding on it so playing yourself back into form isn’t really an option, but I hope he can find that level again soon. If not he’s still an amazing talent to look forward to in future
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #3211 on: April 24, 2022, 04:10:54 pm »
Only been in 2 out of 7 match day squads this month and not played a second of first team football. Is he struggling with fitness or is there some other reason he isn't getting minutes at the moment?

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3212 on: April 24, 2022, 04:16:25 pm »
Only been in 2 out of 7 match day squads this month and not played a second of first team football. Is he struggling with fitness or is there some other reason he isn't getting minutes at the moment?
I wouldn't read anything in to it. We've got a big squad and everyone's fit, someone has to miss out.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3213 on: April 24, 2022, 04:18:16 pm »

It's a bit ominous for him he's not making the bench at all but when we have near enough everyone fit then competition for places is very high and some will miss out on the squad. It's generally going to be Jones or Elliott, not both.

Because he had a bad injury - and every game in April and May is a final - we can't really afford for him to play his way back at the moment. I'd say that's why he's not featuring. When we did have a few injuries in January and February he was getting games. In the cup final for example he went from not being on the bench to coming on after Thiago went off in the warm up.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3214 on: April 24, 2022, 04:29:20 pm »
We have to have something to worry about so it may as well be Harvey not making the 18 because we have nearly everyone fit and firing 😁

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3215 on: April 24, 2022, 05:15:10 pm »
'Ominous' lol ;D

Peak Fromola, that
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3216 on: April 24, 2022, 05:17:40 pm »
Fucking ominous :lmao

Parody, and not a good one
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3217 on: April 24, 2022, 06:25:13 pm »
'Ominous' lol ;D

Peak Fromola, that

Just in terms of getting minutes for the rest of the season because of how big the games are while he's coming back from long term injury (as I went on to say). No big deal.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3218 on: April 25, 2022, 03:47:22 am »
Just in terms of getting minutes for the rest of the season because of how big the games are while he's coming back from long term injury (as I went on to say). No big deal.

It's a bit ominbus for him, then...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3219 on: April 25, 2022, 06:03:28 am »
Coming back from a major injury and in a super high stakes period along with everybody fit. Yea understandable he super talented but understandable

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3220 on: April 25, 2022, 06:34:07 am »
'Ominous' lol ;D

Peak Fromola, that

It's even more funny because in the very next paragraph he clearly explains why it's entirely understandable that Harvey can't be afforded game time right now and that it has no bearing on his future prospects.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3221 on: April 25, 2022, 07:43:02 pm »
He's playing for the u-23's at the moment, was trying to find a stream then remembered we're not allowed to watch em cos of Palace v Leeds being on.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3222 on: April 25, 2022, 09:11:49 pm »
No doubt hes very talented player, if he trains hard he's going to have a bright future
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3223 on: April 25, 2022, 10:49:57 pm »
I can see Harvey handing in a transfer request given his limited playing time of late.

We should have seen the signs. The portents were ominous.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3224 on: April 27, 2022, 06:46:18 pm »
he's made the bench tonight.

(only because Jones and Tsmikas are ill. all signs still are ominous).

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3225 on: April 27, 2022, 07:24:13 pm »

Downhill for him from here on...

Last time he was not supposed to be in the team and he made it due to injury was a cup final. Now, just a semifinal...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3226 on: April 27, 2022, 07:25:04 pm »

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3227 on: May 18, 2022, 04:24:04 am »
Thought he looked very good today, considering he hasnt played much the last 2 months, very good performance at his age

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3228 on: May 18, 2022, 05:22:05 am »
I expect a lot from him after another preseason. I may be harsh, but he's got the quality to take off like a rocket.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3229 on: May 18, 2022, 05:24:27 am »
I expect a lot from him after another preseason. I may be harsh, but he's got the quality to take off like a rocket.

How's that harsh??
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3230 on: May 18, 2022, 05:28:32 am »
How's that harsh??
He's young, he's bound to show inconsistency, but I expect him to be more like a seasoned player. I know it's not fair on him...

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3231 on: May 18, 2022, 10:07:57 am »
Looked very lively last night.  He wasn't brought back too early a few months ago, the medical team would have been confident of that, but naturally after such an injury it was always going to take time to get back into the groove. 

Looking really good.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3232 on: May 18, 2022, 10:19:01 am »
Prior to him disappearing from first team duties, I noticed that he wasn't sprinting very well in games.

Last night his sprinting was very good and as for the rest of his game- potentially world class.

Once he is fully fit, it will be take over time.

Great prospect

Offline .........

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3233 on: May 18, 2022, 10:49:47 am »
Very good performance considering the lay off and lack of minutes.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3234 on: May 18, 2022, 11:42:03 am »
Needed to trust his right foot 1 step earlier on the 2nd half chance.

Good game overall!

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3235 on: May 18, 2022, 11:54:30 am »
Looked very lively last night.  He wasn't brought back too early a few months ago, the medical team would have been confident of that, but naturally after such an injury it was always going to take time to get back into the groove. 

Looking really good.

It would also have been a massive boost to get 1st team minutes very early after coming back. If he'd not have had those minutes you could see him getting a bit frustrated over the past few months. Out for 3+ months and then not selected for another 3 months. But he played a bit, scored a goal, must have really helped the morale.

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #3236 on: May 18, 2022, 12:05:19 pm »
He is two years younger than foden. There is no reason why in two years he cant be at the same level and offering the same impact on games as Foden does for City. Similar type players - Dynamic, quick, great with he ball at their feet, great passing, more centrally inclined, goal scoring capability. I know our setups are different but he can 100% claim a spot in that midfield with a good pre season and no injuries. He was quality last night.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3237 on: May 18, 2022, 12:16:22 pm »
It would also have been a massive boost to get 1st team minutes very early after coming back. If he'd not have had those minutes you could see him getting a bit frustrated over the past few months. Out for 3+ months and then not selected for another 3 months. But he played a bit, scored a goal, must have really helped the morale.

It’s a miracle for him to play football this season after breaking his ankle. I hope he plays more often but was surprised that he started. Although the didn’t affected the game much as I said it was already a miracle he was on the pitch.

Looking forward to see more good things from him.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3238 on: May 19, 2022, 01:41:49 am »
He is two years younger than foden. There is no reason why in two years he cant be at the same level and offering the same impact on games as Foden does for City. Similar type players - Dynamic, quick, great with he ball at their feet, great passing, more centrally inclined, goal scoring capability. I know our setups are different but he can 100% claim a spot in that midfield with a good pre season and no injuries. He was quality last night.

True but Harvey unfortunately lost a year of development to a nasty injury.

Klopp is managing him very well to make sure that he is back at the same stage he would have been if the injury hadn't happened.

A lot of patience is needed

Online Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #3239 on: May 19, 2022, 02:16:00 am »
True but Harvey unfortunately lost a year of development to a nasty injury.

Klopp is managing him very well to make sure that he is back at the same stage he would have been if the injury hadn't happened.

A lot of patience is needed

I thought this as soon as the game ended Tuesday night, I’m itching to see more of him, but the injury needs to be managed, and Klopp is doing it well. I forget he’s a kid, he will “always” be fit to play, it’s Klopp who has to make that judgement for him.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.