Poll

How do you think Suarez will do at Barcelona?

Better than Messi
Messi level
Sub Messi, better than Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc. Ronaldinho maybe.
Pedro level
Flop

Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 543972 times)

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Luis Suarez
« Reply #4720 on: October 19, 2021, 11:36:51 pm »
Ah he's gas. An absolute lunatic.
Once a cnut, always a cnut. Was a brilliant player at his peak though.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4721 on: October 19, 2021, 11:46:42 pm »
Couldn't care less about him to be honest.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4722 on: October 20, 2021, 03:05:04 pm »
He could've done Van Dijk's knee with that snide attempt for a header near the end.

I feel like a lot of people missed this. The Harry Kane Special. And then the temerity to claim VVD fouled him!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4723 on: October 20, 2021, 03:13:03 pm »
I feel like a lot of people missed this. The Harry Kane Special. And then the temerity to claim VVD fouled him!

To be fair, he did get an elbow in the head for his trouble.  But that was of his own making, so he can't really whinge about it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4724 on: October 21, 2021, 05:56:50 pm »
Once a cnut, always a cnut. Was a brilliant player at his peak though.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4725 on: October 21, 2021, 06:23:46 pm »
He's like Manc Ronaldo for me. Absolutely no apparent redeeming features apart from being brilliant at football. Like Ronaldo, too, he doesn't care who has to suffer, or how much he has to cheat, as long as he gets what he wants, which is to win. It's all-out war for Suarez, and he is insufferable when he's not on your side. I'm glad we found a way to win without all that shit that he and the likes of Simeone represent.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4726 on: November 4, 2021, 11:09:24 pm »
Luis Suarez was pictured taking home the Liverpool home, away and third kit after the game on Wednesday night.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4727 on: November 4, 2021, 11:18:02 pm »
Was one of his lads born in Liverpool or am I just thinking of Torres? Stocking up on kids' kits maybe.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4728 on: November 4, 2021, 11:22:10 pm »
Was one of his lads born in Liverpool or am I just thinking of Torres? Stocking up on kids' kits maybe.

His daughter, Delfina, which is an anagram of Anfield (not sure if on purpose), was born in Liverpool. His son was def born when he was here too, but not sure if in Liverpool.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4729 on: November 4, 2021, 11:25:45 pm »
Thought he already had his daughter when he came to us?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4730 on: November 4, 2021, 11:26:48 pm »
Thought he already had his daughter when he came to us?

Possibly, actually. Always thought she was born here but maybe not.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4731 on: November 4, 2021, 11:28:50 pm »
Yeah she was born in 2010, Benjamin was born in 2013.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4732 on: November 5, 2021, 06:57:39 am »
He's like Manc Ronaldo for me. Absolutely no apparent redeeming features apart from being brilliant at football. Like Ronaldo, too, he doesn't care who has to suffer, or how much he has to cheat, as long as he gets what he wants, which is to win. It's all-out war for Suarez, and he is insufferable when he's not on your side. I'm glad we found a way to win without all that shit that he and the likes of Simeone represent.

Suarez is only a nutter inside the white lines. He seems a genuinely nice person off the pitch.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #4733 on: November 5, 2021, 08:50:16 am »
Suarez is only a nutter inside the white lines. He seems a genuinely nice person off the pitch.

Yep I don´t buy that Ronaldo shite for a second. Ronaldo seems a legitimate narcissist both on and off the pitch.

Suarez off the pitch seems a genuinely nice, quiet and shy family man. Which only adds to the sense of insanity when he is on it!

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4734 on: November 5, 2021, 10:46:57 am »
As a footballer he’s a gifted little shithouse, and while he was playing for us he was our gifted little shithouse.

In amongst scranning his opponents and trying to force moves to Arsenal and Barcelona he was one of the most naturally talented and downright unbelievable footballers to ever play for us. He was capable of the sublime and extraordinary and was one of those players that left you shaking your head in disbelief at some of the dribbles, goals and assists.

As said above he seems like a quiet family man but on the pitch he’s horrible to play against, as he would’ve been for every team he faced whilst banging them in for us.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4735 on: November 5, 2021, 11:30:06 am »
He was amazing to have playing for us at the time. Then he was a price c@nt away at the Nou Camp. That's him in a nutshell isn't it? Love him as a player, and love the fact Andy Robertson was offering him out in the tunnel after the first leg in that game and calling him a fat c@nt direct to his face.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4736 on: November 5, 2021, 11:33:35 am »
Yep I don´t buy that Ronaldo shite for a second. Ronaldo seems a legitimate narcissist both on and off the pitch.

Suarez off the pitch seems a genuinely nice, quiet and shy family man. Which only adds to the sense of insanity when he is on it!

They’re both c*nts, Ronaldo is far worst off the pitch if certain allegations are true but on the pitch Ronaldo doesn’t racially antagonise opposition players so I’ll probably say Suarez is far worst in that field.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4737 on: November 5, 2021, 11:51:32 am »
They’re both c*nts, Ronaldo is far worst off the pitch if certain allegations are true but on the pitch Ronaldo doesn’t racially antagonise opposition players so I’ll probably say Suarez is far worst in that field.

I think you may be the only poster capable of recognising the nuance of a Uruguayan speaking to a Frenchman in Spanish and then being translated by an Englishman in a witchhunt against a Liverpool player. Clearly a lot easier to than '"She said no and stop several times." Further to that, it states: "But she kept saying 'No.' 'Don't do it.' 'I'm not like the others.' I apologised afterwards.". Oh and of course the 8 match ban meted out and the 4 match ban meted out to the England captain for calling another Englishman a 'fucking black c*nt' in English

Disgraceful.

« Last Edit: November 5, 2021, 11:54:11 am by fucking appalled »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4738 on: November 5, 2021, 11:55:55 am »
He seems a genuinely nice person off the pitch.

He is. There aren't many players that would give an exclusive interview to RAWK just as they were sitting down to eat their breakfast on the other side of the world.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4739 on: November 5, 2021, 12:02:31 pm »
I think you may be the only poster capable of recognising the nuance of a Uruguayan speaking to a Frenchman in Spanish and then being translated by an Englishman in a witchhunt against a Liverpool player. Clearly a lot easier to than '"She said no and stop several times." Further to that, it states: "But she kept saying 'No.' 'Don't do it.' 'I'm not like the others.' I apologised afterwards.". Oh and of course the 8 match ban meted out and the 4 match ban meted out to the England captain for calling another Englishman a 'fucking black c*nt' in English

Disgraceful.

What are you on about? You’ve muddled two things and throw in John Terry in there for good measure and expect me to understand you? At this point I just think you see my username and get all excited to quote me  ;D the same position I had 8 years ago is the same position I have now I feel as if Suarez was racially antagonising Evra even back then when it wasn’t necessarily the default position to have, that’s all.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4740 on: November 5, 2021, 12:10:12 pm »
What are you on about? You’ve muddled two things and throw in John Terry in there for good measure and expect me to understand you? At this point I just think you see my username and get all excited to quote me  ;D the same position I had 8 years ago is the same position I have now I feel as if Suarez was racially antagonising Evra even back then when it wasn’t necessarily the default position to have, that’s all.

Oh aye I know, and its as much horseshit now as it was 8 years ago :D

And to mention him in the same breath as Ronaldo, who that quote is attributed to, is just abhorrent. John Terry is thrown in for good measure to demonstrate further what an utter witchhunt there was against foreign Suarez.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4741 on: November 5, 2021, 02:46:20 pm »
He was amazing to have playing for us at the time. Then he was a price c@nt away at the Nou Camp. That's him in a nutshell isn't it? Love him as a player, and love the fact Andy Robertson was offering him out in the tunnel after the first leg in that game and calling him a fat c@nt direct to his face.
Yeah, the bolded bit is I assumed why he was booed the other night. He was an arsehole in that game, trying to get Robbo sent off, arguing with Alisson, Milner, etc. But that is Suarez, whoever he plays for or against. Just goes into an ultra-competitive zone whenever he's on the pitch and nothing matters except winning. He winds me up when we've played against him but I don't bear any lasting bad feeling for the mad genius bastard. :D

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #4742 on: November 5, 2021, 05:29:27 pm »
Haven`t read the whole thread, but for those using the logic that Suarez acted badly "against us" and therefore booing him and now saying he`s a c*nt, I`m very disappointed in that and can`t indentify with fans like that.

I love Suarez. Probably the best player I`ve seen in a red shirt. That he celebrates against us, and act like he acts? Wouldn`t want it any other way. Would be disappointed if he didn`t. That`s how he`s always been and I love him for it.

That some Liverpool fans suddenly have turned on him? What`s wrong with you? Suarez is and has always been awesome.     

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4743 on: November 5, 2021, 05:38:36 pm »

Agree. I seem to recall this being the case during his time with us. He just can't help himself being a cnut on the pitch, regardless of who he is playing for, but off it he's a pretty decent guy. As you say, Ronaldo is just a colossal prick no matter where he goes.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4744 on: November 5, 2021, 10:57:55 pm »
I'd have taken Suarez back in a heartbeat at any point since he left us, including when people told us he was long past it before he went on to win the league for Atleti, but the recent debate over him probably shows why it's best that we didn't.

An absolutely incredible footballer but however we react to him we are open to criticism. Booing him for having the temerity to celebrate a goal against us, after we all backed him despite admitting he called Evra "negro" in the context of an argument on the pitch, isn't a great look. As a club and fanbase (myself included) we pretty much all got behind him which is pretty shameful looking back. The fact we draw a line at something so trivial makes us look ridiculous IMO.

I can't say enough positive things about him as a footballer, I'll chew anyone's ear off about his 13/14 season and how he's probably the most talented player we've ever had, but because of his own actions he's poison for our club.

He cried on the pitch when it became clear we'd lost the title in 13/14. For all his biting antics and transfer requests I can't agree with people who say he didn't care.  He'd have given anything for us on the pitch. That mentality has made him one of the great centre forwards but it's also got him into an awful lot of trouble.

He left and won the lot. We moved on and won the lot. If we play against a Suarez team again I hope he's met with a gentle clap or, better still, complete indifference. Time to move on.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4745 on: November 6, 2021, 12:05:54 am »
Haven`t read the whole thread, but for those using the logic that Suarez acted badly "against us" and therefore booing him and now saying he`s a c*nt, I`m very disappointed in that and can`t indentify with fans like that.

I love Suarez. Probably the best player I`ve seen in a red shirt. That he celebrates against us, and act like he acts? Wouldn`t want it any other way. Would be disappointed if he didn`t. That`s how he`s always been and I love him for it.

That some Liverpool fans suddenly have turned on him? What`s wrong with you? Suarez is and has always been awesome.   

+1

The booing was embarrassing. The lack of conviction in the booing it was evident to me that the majority of the people who were booing realised it was small time and it seemed to fizzle out very quickly. I loved them shots of Suarez with Kenny after the game.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #4746 on: November 6, 2021, 11:26:58 pm »
Loved Suarez when he was here, not really got an issue with him celebrating at the Nou Camp when he scored against us. Wasn’t thrilled at him rolling around the floor at Anfield the following week. Football fans have double standards, myself included. I ignored him on Wednesday night as I neither wanted to roll out the red carpet for him or fuel his fire.

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4747 on: January 18, 2022, 09:38:37 pm »
Seems he might be going to Villa.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #4748 on: January 18, 2022, 09:43:05 pm »

Please let him score the winner against Everton. :D
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #4749 on: January 19, 2022, 07:50:10 am »
At this rate Stevie is going to strap on his boots again, and called it the 2014 Revival tour.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #4750 on: January 19, 2022, 12:40:05 pm »
Sauce?

I would love it if he tore up the league (bar us) with assists from Coutinho!

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #4751 on: January 19, 2022, 01:58:49 pm »
Sauce?

I would love it if he tore up the league (bar us) with assists from Coutinho!

Daily Star  :-X

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4752 on: January 19, 2022, 03:47:07 pm »
Daily Star  :-X

Nah Gerard Romero, spanish journalist which is a personal friend of Suarez. I would say there is probably something in this.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4753 on: January 19, 2022, 04:21:07 pm »
Imagine telling someone in 2014 that Coutinho and Suarez would play for an Aston Villa side managed by Steven Gerrard.

We're living in a parallel universe folks.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4754 on: January 19, 2022, 04:23:29 pm »
Nicked off Twitter.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4755 on: January 19, 2022, 06:04:09 pm »
Imagine telling someone in 2014 that Coutinho and Suarez would play for an Aston Villa side managed by Steven Gerrard.

Metaverse

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #4756 on: January 20, 2022, 09:59:10 am »

..and that in the intervening period we would have won the CL again and the PL with arguably our greatest ever team.
Oh, and Rafa managed Everton!
 :o

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4757 on: January 26, 2022, 09:35:06 am »
At this rate Stevie is going to strap on his boots again, and called it the 2014 Revival tour.

Stevie is likely still a better player than anyone Everton might currently have. ;D

The thing with a player like Suarez is that he's a snide player with a lot of skill. I suspect as skill ages and fades, these types increase the snide to compensate. I'd hate to think Stevie is looking at the Simeone branch of management.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4758 on: February 7, 2022, 09:19:03 am »
I watched our goals through the years thingymajig on one of the Sky Sports channels this morning and fucking hell he scored some unbelievable goals.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4759 on: February 7, 2022, 11:15:06 am »
I watched our goals through the years thingymajig on one of the Sky Sports channels this morning and fucking hell he scored some unbelievable goals.

Probably best variety and difficulty of goals I've seen from any Liverpool striker. Mo is close for me, but Luis was just mesmerisingly insane.