Poll

How do you think Suarez will do at Barcelona?

Better than Messi
Messi level
Sub Messi, better than Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc. Ronaldinho maybe.
Pedro level
Flop

Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 541270 times)

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Suarez to leave - official
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2014, 01:17:38 pm »
And still the BBC's story is filled with his 'controversies' rather than actually going into much detail about the statements from club & player, how he could fit in at Barca or any other topic from a long list. This is certainly something I won't miss about Luis.

Nice statements from both parties. I'm disappointed he's gone, but can't say I ever thought he'd stay with us forever. We seem to have gotten a very large sum of money for him too with which we can strengthen the team. We can't replace him, because you can't. But we can improve the side with depth and quality and aim to replace what he contributed (or at least, as close to it).

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2014, 01:17:40 pm »
Glad it's done, honestly.

Thanks for the memories Luis, you mad bastard. All the best (except when you'll play against us in the CL!)!
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2014, 01:17:44 pm »
*heavy sigh*

Balls...

Was kinda hoping for another Henry moment, but I guess not. The goodbye letter was a load of shit, obviously, copy and paste from every goodbye letter ever, the transfer equivalent of "it's not you, it's me"

Still, what a player, what a player. I, for one, never cared if he bit the arms off every opponent in the league. He was magic to watch, pure magic. Not only will Liverpool miss the mercurial skills, but the stupidly, insanely competitive edge to the man. I reckon that's what he will take with him that will hurt the most.

So long, farewell and thanks for the memories.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2014, 01:17:47 pm »
Fuck I'm gonna miss him.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Online Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: July 11, 2014, 01:17:50 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JY2N4H6NMzg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JY2N4H6NMzg</a>

Great video, this.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Just Dan

• cing on the precipice - it's a long way, Dan!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2014, 01:17:56 pm »
I've breathed a sigh of relief.

Great player but now we will build a great team. I know which one I prefer.

His statement began well, but he soon made it all about him in the end. Didn't mention the team directly or all his teammates standing by him through all the storms, picking him up when he was down, still taking him back.

Brendan's statement highlighted the team, the football club and its future. This is what is important now. Forget about Luis Suarez. Rodgers said what needed to be said. Place the significance on that statement, not on Luis Suarez.

I've been bit on the arse with players before, thats why I don't support them. I support the football club. Players come and go. You learn this as you grow.

One thing I don't like the way football is going is the fact that its difficult to keep top players for more than a few seasons. It seems they already have the intentions to leave for a Barcelona or Real Madrid even at the time that you sign them. Liverpool would do well to try and break away from this fashion/trend/pattern. Let other football clubs have that trouble. We should try to avoid it best we can and get players that want to play for us absolutely no question.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #206 on: July 11, 2014, 01:18:11 pm »
No. It was generic bullshit. He was hardly going to write that he is glad to get away and has wanted away for 18 months was he?

I really need to make it clearer when I'm being sarcastic on here.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2014, 01:18:18 pm »
So what's the bets we'll be facing Barca at some point this season?

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2014, 01:18:50 pm »
Good signing, welcome.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2014, 01:18:56 pm »
So long Luis.

You were incredibly boss at this football thingy. You gave me more pleasure than I've seen from a Liverpool player in a couple of decades. Don't think I've laughed as much at moments of skill as from him.

But your moments of madness won't be missed.

Let's hope we re-invest wisely. We move on.

In Brendan We Trust.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #210 on: July 11, 2014, 01:18:57 pm »
Official fee? Some say £56m? Others say £75m.

I'm betting everyone saying the first is getting it from the Barcelona end.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: July 11, 2014, 01:19:04 pm »
Good luck Luis! Thanks for the memories.

And we will move on. We will be fine without Suarez. Always have. Always will.
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #212 on: July 11, 2014, 01:19:15 pm »
ain't going to lie. Knew it was coming, but it still hurts.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #213 on: July 11, 2014, 01:19:37 pm »
Cant wish him anything but success, despite all the bullshit it has been a pleasure watching him play.

Adios!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline hzsa

• Kemlynite
  • SARAJEVO!
« Reply #214 on: July 11, 2014, 01:19:57 pm »
Well all Spanish speaking players want to play in Spain, so I understand this (same as for Mascherano). Thank you Luis, but money is money :D

Only thing that I don't understand is leaving big club for smaller one...
Sarajevo, Horde, Bog i Čaršija !

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #215 on: July 11, 2014, 01:20:11 pm »
For a while there we genuinely had one of the top 3 players in the world.  Now we don't.  But it's okay, there are dozens of other top clubs who don't either.  Glad he didnt't go to another Prem team.

All the best Luis, you were truly amazing at times.

I've watched us since 1976 and seen some brilliant players come and go.  You were in the top 5 all-time LFC great I saw, but we'll survive like we've done before.

We could have achieved anything if you'd stayed.  The league or CL isn't beyond us, but now I feel we will be "one off the shelf" like other teams and will rely more on others.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #216 on: July 11, 2014, 01:20:20 pm »
The entire premier league except Liverpool breathe a sign of relief. Best player goes to Spain :(

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: July 11, 2014, 01:20:27 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShLl3Nbjpmo

what a fucking player we had though

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: July 11, 2014, 01:21:07 pm »
The entire premier league except Liverpool breathe a sign of relief. Best player goes to Spain :(

Best player by some distance as well.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #219 on: July 11, 2014, 01:21:24 pm »
The main difference for me with him, as opposed to when our last star striker left, is that when he wanted out last summer, he didn't then sulk and moan when he didn't get his wish.
At least he went out with a Player of the Year season. And he's one of the most gifted players to ever wear the shirt.

All the best to him. We move on. Moping about him going won't do the team OR Brendan any good. Move on.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #220 on: July 11, 2014, 01:21:35 pm »

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z0GFRcFm-aY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: July 11, 2014, 01:21:36 pm »
Goodbye and good luck, Luis. Good closing statement and thanks for the memories. You'll be missed but the time was probably right. Try to control your appetite at Barca...

Offline Andichrist

• Anny Roader
« Reply #222 on: July 11, 2014, 01:21:52 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hm7R06HaC28" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hm7R06HaC28</a>

Everybody's talking about how we're gonna replace the goals. Who cares. How are we gonna replace the megs?

Online Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #223 on: July 11, 2014, 01:22:07 pm »
Even though we've just lost the best player I've even seen play for LFC I'm not as gutted as I was when Torres left, that transfer thought me a valuable lesson, to enjoy the player while he’s there. Luis was flawed but he was a genius with a football. We'll miss him but its done now and its time to move forward.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #224 on: July 11, 2014, 01:23:01 pm »
Luis who? 75M? Good business thank you, let's move on. 
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #225 on: July 11, 2014, 01:23:17 pm »
*heavy sigh*

Balls...

Was kinda hoping for another Henry moment, but I guess not. The goodbye letter was a load of shit, obviously, copy and paste from every goodbye letter ever, the transfer equivalent of "it's not you, it's me"

Still, what a player, what a player. I, for one, never cared if he bit the arms off every opponent in the league. He was magic to watch, pure magic. Not only will Liverpool miss the mercurial skills, but the stupidly, insanely competitive edge to the man. I reckon that's what he will take with him that will hurt the most.

So long, farewell and thanks for the memories.

Remember the Zenit game at home? He wanted to win that game so bad when many fans and players alike weren't arsed. Just summed up his winning mentality.
JFT97

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #226 on: July 11, 2014, 01:23:21 pm »
Thanks for the goals Luis and for giving us a few seasons at your peak. It's funny, loads of folk work hard in the UK, just so that they can retire to Spain. Best of luck in the twilight years of your career. :wave

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: July 11, 2014, 01:23:51 pm »
It's been a privilege watching him play and he's definitely one of the best players I've ever seen.

Understand his reasons for leaving and wish him all the best at Barca.

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #228 on: July 11, 2014, 01:24:13 pm »
The quotes are saying we did all we could to keep him, which suggests that a clause was met, meaning we could only do so much.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #229 on: July 11, 2014, 01:24:17 pm »
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z0GFRcFm-aY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

couldn't agree more

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2014, 01:24:18 pm »
We should use the 75M to buy that Suarez bloke from Barcalona!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: July 11, 2014, 01:24:43 pm »
You have to wonder what the English press is going to complain about now? Literally pages and pages of nothing to write about ... ;)

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: July 11, 2014, 01:24:49 pm »
I bet we draw Barca at some point in the Champions League

But of course-in the final.

Knew it was coming and moved on. Still hurts. A joy and pleasure to watch. He was always a good player but we made him at the very least the 3rd best player in the world and debatable the best in-form player for the year 2014.  We will miss that extra quality  but we move on and create our next superstar.
Thanks and good-bye.

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: July 11, 2014, 01:24:57 pm »
Thanks for some fantastic memories, next, we go again!  ;D

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #234 on: July 11, 2014, 01:25:26 pm »
You have to wonder what the English press is going to complain about now? Literally pages and pages of nothing to write about ... ;)

Costa, hopefully.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: July 11, 2014, 01:25:29 pm »

I don't get it? Who said it was the end of the world?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2014, 01:25:31 pm »
This has obviously been on the cards for a while, but now it`s official I`m feeling pretty gutted.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #237 on: July 11, 2014, 01:25:44 pm »
I only saw a bit of Dalglish so Luis is as good as I've seen.

Loved every minute of watching him play.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #238 on: July 11, 2014, 01:25:53 pm »
I blame the Mate!

That's the reason he runs around like a fucking loon biting people, if only he would have switched to Mellow Birds decaf

Hopefully he can get weaned off the stuff in Spain

Good bye and good luck
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: July 11, 2014, 01:25:59 pm »
Just feels like it ticks all the boxes for a sale, unlike last year.

It's a good price
It's not to a direct rival
It's not at the end of the transfer window
It's after helping us to success
He's at the right age so that his value will never get any higher
We have owners that are happy to reinvest
It's understandable that it's a move he'd want to make
He can't play for 3 months anyway

I wish him well and thank him. He deserves an excellent reception if and when he turns out at Anfield again.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me