The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

And in 1 quick move, Reeves opens up that huge...

(1/2) > >>

Reeves:
......can of worms which is "the OOT" debate.

But seriously......
I work with about 10 people in our office.
"Mad LFC fans" I was reliably told when I first started to work there.

I remember thinking "ahh, well this is a good start to my new job" "surrounded by fellow reds, what could be better?"

All of them are from Liverpool or nearby. In fact, they were all born and bred in the city. One's from Walton, a couple from Litherland, one from Bootle, one from Huyton, someone from Formby, one lives near Hunts Cross, one from Toxteth and one who still lives on Scotland road with his folks or his Ma and Da to use the Liverpudlian vernacular.

Anyway, as the season got started, I proceeded to queue up at the ticket office for games like grimsby. I sent off the usual postal applications for the early rounds of the FA and European cups. Beg stole or borrowed to get the funds to go to all the league games. Why? Because LFC is important to me and that is an understatement.
Sometimes I find it hard to quantify or attempt to put in to words just how much this club means to me and I'm sure most of you feel the same.

While the games against Europe’s elite, home ties vs the Mancs or numerous cup finals attract all the glamour, it is the rain soaked, muddy pitched, energy frenzied games against battling sides around December and January which are the games where the Redmen really need our support. These games don’t have the glamour. They probably aren’t televised, but what they are, is the building blocks and foundations for which we build apon each and every season so that hopefully we have some silverware in the cabinet come May.

As I said on another post, “Liverpool football club is for life and not just for 5 trophies”
We must be there through the wind and the rain.

Now my colleagues remember, are “mad LFC fans” They love the club apparently.
And after all, according to some, they are true and better Liverpool fans as they can claim to have actually been born and bred in the City. They’re not southern softies, there are not Cockneys, they’re not Wollybacks, and God for sake they don’t come from Asia, Madagasca, South America or gloryhunt from afar places like USA, Australia, Europe or Africa. They don’t come from Bristol, Bournmouth, Plymouth, Derby, Hull, Reading, Hampshire, Suffolk, Dorset etc. They are hard core Liverpudlians who LOVE their club.

Well that’s a popular view anyway.

The truth however is slightly different. I always buy a few tickets when I go to the ticket office and sell them on to mates at face value. I do this because I know it’s hard to get tickets and I am privillaged to be able to pop up there on a lunch break and get them. I have friends who commute from distances to watch us play and getting them tickets is not a problen. I know they are true reds complete with Liverbirds apon their chests, and that they live and breath LFC. They are the sorts of fans who we want inside Anfield. I’ve stood next to them at many games and we’ve gone through the good and bad times together. They are vocal and vitally, they truly love LFC.
When that is the case, nothing else matters.

Boys, you know who you are and I thank you for your friendship.

For loving LFC is THE test.

I offered my fellow employees tickets for Grimsby, Southampton, Newcastle, Kiev, Boavista, Bolton and many other games. Did they take them? NO.
They were “too tired” or “doing this” or “doing that”. They said they might go if I gave then the tickets for free!

But these were TRUE reds I thought? After all, they had lived in Liverpool all their lives?!
Now we are in the glamorous latter stages of the Champions League, they want to go all of a sudden. I’ve had my area manager call me and say something along the lines of “Reevesy, how are you MATE, I’ve heard you may be able to lay your hands on some tickets for the Leverkusen game”  :upyours:I’ve even heard other employees complaining that they can’t get tickets for matches because all these out of towners nick them all. :no: :but:

All of a sudden they say once more “we love Liverpool” “I can’t wait for the next game” “we might win the league”.

They have siverware and glamour tinted spectacles. For it is they who are the real Glory hunters and not necessarily out of towners.

As it happens, between us we do have some spares for the Leverkusen game.
But we will be giving them to TRUE reds. The ones who love the club, irrespective of where they live.

Was Shanks from Liverpool?

For…………………………………………

IT IS NOT WHETHER YOU LIVE INSIDE LIVERPOOL, BUT WHETHER LIVERPOOL LIVES INSIDE YOU.

YOU’LL NEVER WALK ALONE

hoonin:
Sorry, i'm not from 'Pool. Whats an OOT  ???  ;)

Anthony:
How to make friends & influence people...

--- Quote ---

As it happens, between us we do have some spares for the Leverkusen game.

--- End quote ---

Reeves, me old mate, me old mucker...  ;D ;D ;D

mark s:
Gareth, i'm not from 'pool either what is an OOTer?  ;)

Andy:
Out Of Town-er?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version