Author Topic: Europa League 2023/2024  (Read 51714 times)

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
Re: Europa League 2023/2024
« Reply #1080 on: Yesterday at 05:30:21 pm »
Surely people hoovering up hotel rooms and flights long before their team has made it only adds to the difficulties of supporters attending a European final?

It was £34 return when I booked, now £564. There is your answer

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #1081 on: Yesterday at 05:35:55 pm »
I'm going too. Flying out early morning and back on the Thursday, I did go in the ballot through uefa but unsure on the odds on that.

Be hilarious that they'll be a good few of us over there.😂

Yeah definitely drop me a message if you go.

People above on about the ‘neutral’ section saying taking off other people, wonder what they would do if they were successful and have travel, hotel and days off work booked and loves their footy? Obviously gutted we are not there but in 4 occasions of pre booking travel, this is the only time it has not paid off. Went to Paris for £60 all in because of pre booking and was lucky to successful in all ballots. Each to their own but it works for me

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #1082 on: Today at 08:24:24 am »
Surely people hoovering up hotel rooms and flights long before their team has made it only adds to the difficulties of supporters attending a European final?

Womp Womp

Snooze you lose

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1083 on: Today at 09:01:38 am »

Blame the airlines and hotels for profiteering, not the fans for trying to get as cheap as possible.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1084 on: Today at 09:09:24 am »

You’ll find from previous European finals, as it gets close to the actual date and the teams are confirmed, prices drop a little.

Would’ve been a bit of a logistical nightmare for many getting to this final. You can’t drive or get a train as it’s not mainland Europe. Limited travel options for many.

We would have to dramatically improve but the champions league final next season is in the Allianz Arena. It’s far easier to get too last minute at a reasonable price than Dublin would’ve been, if you’re not willing to travel unless you’re successful in the ballot, for example.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #1085 on: Today at 09:46:33 am »
Blame the airlines and hotels for profiteering, not the fans for trying to get as cheap as possible.

I took punts on booking Dublin last June for £90 (best flights for 1 night trip and back for parade if out of FA cup) and Marseille when the draw was done for £55 (didn't book Lisbon)

If we didn't drop a bollock the other week I'd have been quid's in, only like a footie bet isn't it

For Paris the other year I paid £40, Villarreal £26 soon as their goal hit the back of the net in the last min - saved a fortune pre-booking flights, this is the only time it hasn't worked out for me, £145 out of pocket but saved a lot more than that over the years, splash in the pond compared to the costs of a season overall, currently at 7.6k with 5 games to go, might just tip 8k with a London trip on sat and a day out in town on the beers for Wolves

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: Today at 10:29:14 am »
It's a UEFA ballot, so if you were successful and didn't take the ticket where do you think it would end up?  It wouldn't go direct to either of the clubs in the final, it would go to someone else who was successful in the ballot, a sponsor, or a tout.

it’d hopefully go to fans who selected their team on the uefa ballot and want to support their own team. i’m aware the tickets won’t go to the respective club - it still means one less fan of the two teams going to their final

maybe if it was two smaller teams and it didn’t sell out it’d incentivise this nonsense ballot to stop, as unlikely as this is as there’ll be plenty wanting to go even if not supporting either team for the experience.

feel like people are viewing this as an isolated uefa issue but if you zoom out it’s all part of the same gripe. tickets should go to the fans of the respective clubs. 
YNWA.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: Today at 10:32:43 am »
Yeah definitely drop me a message if you go.

People above on about the ‘neutral’ section saying taking off other people, wonder what they would do if they were successful and have travel, hotel and days off work booked and loves their footy? Obviously gutted we are not there but in 4 occasions of pre booking travel, this is the only time it has not paid off. Went to Paris for £60 all in because of pre booking and was lucky to successful in all ballots. Each to their own but it works for me

“people” being just me  ;D

do you. i wouldn’t. i want to see my team. not an experience. but i get your sentiment of not wanting to waste money. i’m not pointing fingers but ultimately the uefa ballot shouldn’t exist at all.
YNWA.