Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1304442 times)

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #5160 on: January 16, 2020, 06:54:54 pm »
Just want to say that I think Spurs without Kane, at least against us, are better than with Kane. Our defenders are well capable of putting Harry in their pocket. But the pace and trickery of Son, plus a fired up Moura, are difficult to deal with.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #5161 on: January 16, 2020, 07:06:40 pm »
Would you mind if I 'borrowed' it and shared it through some social media?
Hi mate,

I am more a lurker than a poster these days. This was an earlier draft of something we were working on for an article that is now live on Liverpool.com. It might include a few other graphics that might interest you also.

https://twitter.com/Kristian_Walsh/status/1217885592962334720

Hope you are well.

Stephen

Edit: twitter being annoying.

Here is the correct link.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 07:09:43 pm by BabuYagu »
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #5162 on: January 16, 2020, 07:07:07 pm »
I remember during the Brendan 'We are Liverpool tra la la la la' league run, our lead at the top was minuscule and we were all WE'RE GOING TO FUCKING DO THIS and STOP BEING A BEDWETTER and WHERE'S YOUR BELIEF YOU SACK OF UNWASHED WOOL.

I was all in for it.

But now we have a lead of like 73 points or something (haven't checked) and the consensus is "Careful everyone, it's not over until it's mathematically impossible."

Which is true, and I wonder what's changed psychologically.
The nature of the title race in 2014. Gerrard's speech after City, the Chelsea game, the Palace game. I mean, it genuinely couldn't have been scripted any crueler. It's the sort of string of events that rival fans dream up on their own forums, but it actually happened. Gerrard's departure the season after was a really downbeat affair too. Got beaten at his last game at Anfield, got annhilated in his last ever game at Stoke. Those sorts of things can change the mindset of a fanbase.

Things were different from day one under Klopp of course. He was always the perfect fit for Liverpool. Yet even under him there were heartbreaks in three cup finals and another title lost despite an unbelievably strong domestic campaign. Again, these things add up. I genuinely believe losing another Champions League final would have been very hard to recover from, even for this side.

After Madrid though, we now play with the confidence of winners. Unlike 2005, we look like Europe's best. I think our collective fanbase are being very astute about our chances. On the whole there's no panic that we'll throw it away in some heartbreaking manner, nor is there any overconfidence about the gap to City. If we manage to get to a stage where a couple of wins will guarantee the title, things will kick up several gears. For now I think our fans actually mirror the businesslike psyche of the team, and that's a good thing.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 07:09:01 pm by S »

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5163 on: January 16, 2020, 07:14:37 pm »
Hi mate,

I am more a lurker than a poster these days. This was an earlier draft of something we were working on for an article that is now live on Liverpool.com. It might include a few other graphics that might interest you also.

Hope you are well.

Stephen

Hello mate! (Am sure all’s going well for you.)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #5164 on: January 16, 2020, 07:22:16 pm »
Hello mate! (Am sure all’s going well for you.)

Hey Royhendo. Very busy - but busy is good. Kids summer holidays here which means I have approximately zero time or focus on to get stuff like this done :D

Hope you and the family are well and had a good festive period. I imagine you are enjoying the football this season. What an unbelievable 18-20 months these have been. Hopefully we look back on this as the beginning of an era rather than a beautiful ending to an era.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #5165 on: January 16, 2020, 10:25:24 pm »
This would be a lovely dilemma to have but I can see Arsenal away being tricky if we are still unbeaten at that point as they’ll be he’ll bent on stopping us going unbeaten all season. That said, if we’re still unbeaten at that point we’ll almost certainly be champions already so I’d like to deal with that ‘problem’ when we get to it. :D
For the fans the unbeaten thing will be massive ( not for ours if you believe a lot of posts here). But I kind of feel it won't matter much to their players.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5166 on: January 16, 2020, 10:47:15 pm »
The nature of the title race in 2014. Gerrard's speech after City, the Chelsea game, the Palace game. I mean, it genuinely couldn't have been scripted any crueler. It's the sort of string of events that rival fans dream up on their own forums, but it actually happened. Gerrard's departure the season after was a really downbeat affair too. Got beaten at his last game at Anfield, got annhilated in his last ever game at Stoke. Those sorts of things can change the mindset of a fanbase.

Things were different from day one under Klopp of course. He was always the perfect fit for Liverpool. Yet even under him there were heartbreaks in three cup finals and another title lost despite an unbelievably strong domestic campaign. Again, these things add up. I genuinely believe losing another Champions League final would have been very hard to recover from, even for this side.

After Madrid though, we now play with the confidence of winners. Unlike 2005, we look like Europe's best. I think our collective fanbase are being very astute about our chances. On the whole there's no panic that we'll throw it away in some heartbreaking manner, nor is there any overconfidence about the gap to City. If we manage to get to a stage where a couple of wins will guarantee the title, things will kick up several gears. For now I think our fans actually mirror the businesslike psyche of the team, and that's a good thing.

It would have been a sickening blow all around to lose big ears to Spurs after all the progress under Klopp. We'd had so many near misses - it was so important we got that one over the line and the players, club and fans have all grown in stature from there.

I'm cool with the current one game at a time mindset. I'm well aware of how far ahead we are yet similarly am not allowing myself to think it's won. I'm also convinced we'll beat every team we meet at the moment, we're that good and playing that well. I don't think it's fear from the past, I think it's the mentality Klopp has struck into the whole club. We all back our mentality monsters to finish this off, but equally we're keeping a lid on it until it's done.

It's nice to enjoy the ride though unlike the weekly stress of the cat and mouse chase last season!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 10:49:04 pm by Raid »

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #5167 on: January 16, 2020, 10:59:01 pm »
6 pointer coming up this Sunday
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Online semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5168 on: January 16, 2020, 11:42:16 pm »
I’m glad about the no warm weather break this year, it seems like the players don’t get a lot of alone time, and any travel is tiring so a good few days at home resting is probably the best thing for them

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #5169 on: January 16, 2020, 11:45:10 pm »
I’m glad about the no warm weather break this year, it seems like the players don’t get a lot of alone time, and any travel is tiring so a good few days at home resting is probably the best thing for them

They’ll probably hop on a plane anyway and go somewhere warm on holiday.

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
  • FOOTBALL WITHOUT ORIGI IS NOTHING
« Reply #5170 on: January 17, 2020, 12:44:48 am »
Hi mate,

Hope you are well.

Stephen

That's a brilliant read.
Good thing about pizza is that even when it's bad, it's still reasonably good.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5171 on: January 17, 2020, 12:51:08 am »
I just want to watch skysports Premier League years with a happy ending.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #5172 on: January 17, 2020, 01:02:07 am »

Absolutely hate that show

‘95 I’ll watch for a bit

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5173 on: January 17, 2020, 08:27:42 am »
Just want to say that I think Spurs without Kane, at least against us, are better than with Kane. Our defenders are well capable of putting Harry in their pocket. But the pace and trickery of Son, plus a fired up Moura, are difficult to deal with.

We’ve played both league games against Spurs...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5174 on: January 17, 2020, 08:57:45 am »
Hi mate,

Hope you are well.

Stephen

Great to see you. I'm not on twitter but do try to drop in and see your work on there. Thanks for the link.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #5175 on: January 17, 2020, 08:58:31 am »

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #5176 on: January 17, 2020, 09:15:01 am »
Cant see any brothels doing that sort of package
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #5177 on: January 17, 2020, 10:43:28 am »
There was. We got a trophy out of it...

Quite right, and probably the main reason why we opted against one this time. Give the players a mental break then get ready for the next set of matches.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5178 on: January 17, 2020, 11:21:20 am »
Cant see any brothels doing that sort of package

😂😂
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5179 on: January 17, 2020, 01:24:34 pm »
State of this. Don't think I have anything similar done for any other club going for the title EVER!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/american-football/51149891
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5180 on: January 17, 2020, 01:41:48 pm »
State of this. Don't think I have anything similar done for any other club going for the title EVER!

It's been 30 years and they hate us. Still getting more attention than City though.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #5181 on: January 17, 2020, 01:42:26 pm »

That's disgraceful - even if meant as 'humour' it ain't funny and the fuckin B fuckin B fuckin C are making us a 'hated' team.

Not good.

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5182 on: January 17, 2020, 01:43:58 pm »

But no other club in the country attracts as much unbridled jealousy from sour-faced no-marks with nothing positive to contribute to life.

I can't be arsed listening to the whingeing gobshites drone on. I think I'll just enjoy Liverpool being the best team on the planet at the moment.  :wave
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5183 on: January 17, 2020, 01:45:06 pm »
It's funny, you never see these articles when it was Leicester or Man United or City.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5184 on: January 17, 2020, 01:47:33 pm »
That's disgraceful - even if meant as 'humour' it ain't funny and the fuckin B fuckin B fuckin C are making us a 'hated' team.

Not good.

I wouldn't worry, mate.

We are absolutely destroying every joyless, miserable, negative-head in the country just now. Let them wallow in their misery while we get on with enjoying life and our football.  8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5185 on: January 17, 2020, 01:48:11 pm »
Just think of all the tears it's going to cause if we win the league. ;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #5186 on: January 17, 2020, 01:48:35 pm »
I am more a lurker than a poster these days.
Shame - I always enjoyed your posts.

Hope you're enjoying the run as much as the rest of us  8)
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
  • FOOTBALL WITHOUT ORIGI IS NOTHING
« Reply #5187 on: January 17, 2020, 01:49:38 pm »

I always laugh it off when I see how much they hate us and our football... So recently I've had some really good time over last few months.
Good thing about pizza is that even when it's bad, it's still reasonably good.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5188 on: January 17, 2020, 01:50:44 pm »

I'll love it.

We won't need global warming for sea levels to rise if we clinch it.

I'll be drinking their tears of misery by the bottle and I'll savour every drop.  :hally

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5189 on: January 17, 2020, 01:52:13 pm »

Not good.
It's a football club, not a political party. Let them hate us, it just translates to pure jealousy. They wish they had our world class players, our incredible team ethic, our beautiful historic stadium, our passionate support, our magical European nights. They wish we have what we had, wish is why they can't stand us.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5190 on: January 17, 2020, 01:52:14 pm »
Shame - I always enjoyed your posts.

Hope you're enjoying the run as much as the rest of us  8)

I'm glad he's gone.

He made my forensic, post-match analysis look shite.  ;)

Hope you're good, Babu.  8)

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5191 on: January 17, 2020, 01:55:30 pm »

hope they have their funeral homes booked ;D..cause we are going to be unbearable

maybe bbc will air that as well

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5192 on: January 17, 2020, 01:57:02 pm »
Hey Royhendo. Very busy - but busy is good. Kids summer holidays here which means I have approximately zero time or focus on to get stuff like this done :D

Hope you and the family are well and had a good festive period. I imagine you are enjoying the football this season. What an unbelievable 18-20 months these have been. Hopefully we look back on this as the beginning of an era rather than a beautiful ending to an era.

Good to see you around Babu, wishing you and your family all the best   :wave

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #5193 on: January 17, 2020, 02:10:53 pm »

The hatred is born out of our domination during the 70's & 80's. Passed down to younger generations by parents that watched us win everything for 20 years. They're just scared that it's about to happen again. Fuck them, it'll just make those salty tears taste even sweeter in May.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #5194 on: January 17, 2020, 02:21:35 pm »
let them hate us - as long as we're at the top, they don't matter one bit 8)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5195 on: January 17, 2020, 02:26:59 pm »
You can sort of understand it. I've been fucking unbearable since June and plan to double or triple that come this summer. The country ain't gonna take that lying down. Fuck 'em!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5196 on: January 17, 2020, 02:28:13 pm »
let them hate us - as long as we're at the top, they don't matter one bit 8)
oderint dum metuant, lid
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5197 on: January 17, 2020, 02:36:06 pm »

Big fan of this. What about Man City win the title? Shrug of the shoulders. Nobody cares.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #5198 on: January 17, 2020, 02:36:20 pm »
oderint dum metuant, lid

pretty much.

they had their time in the sun, revelling in our misfortune as we finished midtable and won nothing. They laughed as they belittled us, said we'd never win anything again.

I don't think they're laughing now.

So their mockery turned to panic and derision. They'd rather lose themselves to see us not win anything and remain (in their eyes) a laughing stock. They hate and fear us more than they love their own teams.

Living in their heads rent-free.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5199 on: January 17, 2020, 02:47:59 pm »
I wouldn't worry, mate.

We are absolutely destroying every joyless, miserable, negative-head in the country world just now. Let them wallow in their misery while we get on with enjoying life and our football.  8)

Fixed it for you. We're a global club, remember?  :D