Author Topic: International Watch  (Read 285683 times)

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Re: International Watch
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2019, 12:24:01 am »
Hopefully that's Klopp telling him to pull a sickie in return for guaranteed minutes.
Will the players have joined up with their squads yet? Surely he won't have got that injury with Switzerland?

I saw a picture of him earlier today (maybe from Instagram?) showing up at the Switzerland training camp, so I can only assume it occurred there.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2019, 06:06:01 am »
He must’ve literally injured himself in the first training session today.
YNWA.

Offline Shaqsmate

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2019, 06:10:59 am »
He must’ve literally injured himself in the first training session today.

He didn’t even get to train with them, he was at a hospital in Zürich whilst the rest of the squad were having their first training session. Make of that what you will.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2019, 07:12:35 am »
Every time this thread is bumped I have minor palpitations

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2019, 07:53:29 am »
He didn’t even get to train with them, he was at a hospital in Zürich whilst the rest of the squad were having their first training session. Make of that what you will.

Hospital? I hope everything is okay.
YWNA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2019, 12:26:30 pm »
Apparently "the player suffers from inflammation in the pubic area", so no groin injury. Perhaps an ingrown hair on the bollocks?  ;D

Source: https://twitter.com/sfv_asf/status/1107748510172999680?s=21

:lmao

Too much waxing like what happened with Asensio and his ingrown leg hair! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2019, 12:27:16 pm »
Every time this thread is bumped I have minor palpitations

Yep, me too (sorry to make yours worse with this post ;D)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Shaqsmate

• Kemlynite
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2019, 01:53:22 pm »
Hospital? I hope everything is okay.

He’s fine, it was just to ascertain what the problem was. He’s having a few days in Switzerland with his parents and then he’ll be back at Melwood.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2019, 07:27:17 pm »
Croatia - Lovren

Azerbaijan H - 21/03
Hungary A - 24/03

Lovren will miss the first game, he was suspended for that Ramos tweet after they beat Spain. ;D

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2019, 08:28:59 pm »
I keep seeing people moaning on here about the international break but what do they suggest should happen? I can understand that it's annoying at this point in the season when we're in a title race but they need to play the qualifiers at some point.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2019, 08:32:05 pm »
I keep seeing people moaning on here about the international break but what do they suggest should happen? I can understand that it's annoying at this point in the season when we're in a title race but they need to play the qualifiers at some point.

Could they not just get them done in a week a few days after season ends?

It just seems ridiculous to me to have them slap bang in the middle of the business end of the season when teams are fighting for titles, cups etc.

Offline Perham

• Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2019, 08:35:10 pm »
Could they not just get them done in a week a few days after season ends?

It just seems ridiculous to me to have them slap bang in the middle of the business end of the season when teams are fighting for titles, cups etc.
Personally, I'd prefer the players to have as long a break as possible in the Summer to rest and prepare for the next season. Think of what happens when players go to major international tournaments and come back having not had a proper rest. I don't want that every season.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2019, 08:37:42 pm »

Scrap international football?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2019, 08:42:54 pm »
Personally, I'd prefer the players to have as long a break as possible in the Summer to rest and prepare for the next season. Think of what happens when players go to major international tournaments and come back having not had a proper rest. I don't want that every season.

It happens every season anyway.

World Cup last summer.

That Nations league shite this summer.

AFCON and Copa America this summer.

Euros next summer.

Copa America next summer.

2 games moved from March to May aren't gonna make all that much difference.

Personally i despise international footy, always have and never understood the appeal of it at all. It irritates me that our players, employees of Liverpool Football Club - who we pay enormous wages to have to risk injury/return to club fucked after long haul flights and not be 100% for our games (like has happened in the earlier in season breaks) because they are out playing for some international association.

But obviously it isn't going to go away.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 08:51:03 pm by an tha »

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2019, 08:46:20 pm »
Actually Shaq needs game time and with Klopps treatment of him, I can't see him faking an injury to sit on the bench while Lallana and Origi play ahead of him
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Perham

• Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2019, 09:22:12 pm »
It happens every season anyway.

World Cup last summer.

That Nations league shite this summer.

AFCON and Copa America this summer.

Euros next summer.

Copa America next summer.

2 games moved from March to May aren't gonna make all that much difference.

Personally i despise international footy, always have and never understood the appeal of it at all. It irritates me that our players, employees of Liverpool Football Club - who we pay enormous wages to have to risk injury/return to club fucked after long haul flights and not be 100% for our games (like has happened in the earlier in season breaks) because they are out playing for some international association.

But obviously it isn't going to go away.
Only some players are affected by the tournaments but what you're suggesting would mean that every international player in our squad would be playing until at least June/July. Most of our players are internationals for their respective countries so that would hit our squad really hard.

It wouldn't be just 2 games at the end of May there would be the games from the other international breaks that would have been there. Unless you're suggesting just getting rid of the one in March, in which case that's fair enough.

Personally, I quite like international football. Its an annoying time to have the break right now of course but overall, it isn't as bad as some seem to make out in my opinion.

Offline an tha

• Kopite
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2019, 09:58:20 pm »
Only some players are affected by the tournaments but what you're suggesting would mean that every international player in our squad would be playing until at least June/July. Most of our players are internationals for their respective countries so that would hit our squad really hard.

It wouldn't be just 2 games at the end of May there would be the games from the other international breaks that would have been there. Unless you're suggesting just getting rid of the one in March, in which case that's fair enough.

Personally, I quite like international football. Its an annoying time to have the break right now of course but overall, it isn't as bad as some seem to make out in my opinion.

Just the one in March, yeah.

I appreciate not everybody feels same.

Different strokes and that!

Offline Perham

• Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2019, 10:13:11 pm »
Just the one in March, yeah.

I appreciate not everybody feels same.

Different strokes and that!
Fair enough and yeah I agree that it isn't the best time to have international. I see a lot of people who talk about just scrapping the international break altogether which obviously wouldn't work.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2019, 10:13:18 pm »
Is Aguero any chance with the Arg. team?
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline an tha

• Kopite
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2019, 10:14:45 pm »
Is Aguero any chance with the Arg. team?

No - weird situation that, and the oil cheats benefit from it big time.

Offline an tha

• Kopite
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2019, 10:20:33 pm »
Fair enough and yeah I agree that it isn't the best time to have international. I see a lot of people who talk about just scrapping the international break altogether which obviously wouldn't work.

I'd scrap international football full stop - but obviously that isn't realistic. The ones early in the season are irritating, and they come thick and fast which makes it worse....but as you say the games have to be played.

This one in March though needs to be fucked off IMO.

I suppose there is no realistic perfect solution to it.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2019, 04:41:12 pm »
I'd scrap international football full stop - but obviously that isn't realistic. The ones early in the season are irritating, and they come thick and fast which makes it worse....but as you say the games have to be played.

This one in March though needs to be fucked off IMO.

I suppose there is no realistic perfect solution to it.

Don't have a 2 week break in the middle of March. Have the season finish a week earlier, play them at the end.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2019, 06:05:11 pm »
Trent Alexander-Arnold has pulled out of England squad and will return to Liverpool. Been playing with a back injury since being substituted against Burnley on March 10.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2019, 06:06:09 pm »
Trent Alexander-Arnold has pulled out of England squad and will return to Liverpool. Been playing with a back injury since being substituted against Burnley on March 10.
Ten days rest and hopefully fit for Spurs.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2019, 06:06:37 pm »

Good lad

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2019, 06:06:43 pm »
Hope he's ready for Sunday.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2019, 06:13:03 pm »
Nice one Trent
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2019, 06:18:31 pm »
My hero. My mate.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2019, 06:19:55 pm »
Why did we even make him available for selection if he was injured?

Offline an tha

• Kopite
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2019, 06:20:53 pm »
Go on, Trent lad!

Offline an tha

• Kopite
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2019, 06:21:43 pm »
Don't have a 2 week break in the middle of March. Have the season finish a week earlier, play them at the end.

A plan that!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2019, 06:23:38 pm »
Why did we even make him available for selection if he was injured?
National teams can call up whoever they want, injured or not.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2019, 06:24:47 pm »
From the Echo:

Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold has been released from the England squad and has reported back to his club for treatment.

The Reds right-back – who sustained a back injury against Burnley at Anfield on March 10 – has not picked up any 'new' problems but has been training and playing through pain since.

England's staff were made aware of the 20-year-old's current physical condition but wanted their own medical team to assess him before making a decision while the ECHO understands that Alexander-Arnold himself did not want to make himself unavailable for Gareth Southgate given the respect he has for the national team boss and reported on Monday to give himself every chance of being involved.

Although the issue has not improved, and has hence prompted his omission from the squad, it is not believed that Alexander-Arnold is at this stage a doubt for Liverpool's forthcoming matches.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2019, 06:38:35 pm »
Good. Should give him the time to rest and be ready for Spurs.

Hopefully a few more pull out with ‘rest injuries’ but I doubt it.
YWNA

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2019, 06:50:53 pm »
Anyone hear the press conference with Kane earlier?

Fucking cheek of an interviewer asking him about this years golden boot "after having it stolen from him last season".

I mean, what the absolute fuck was he implying??  Kane kinda put him straight but still!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2019, 07:38:16 pm »
Any chance you got the name of the journo?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2019, 07:47:40 pm »
Anyone hear the press conference with Kane earlier?

Fucking cheek of an interviewer asking him about this years golden boot "after having it stolen from him last season".

I mean, what the absolute fuck was he implying??  Kane kinda put him straight but still!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

What the actual fuck?!

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2019, 08:02:49 pm »
Ben Woodburn starts for Wales tonight against Trinidad & Tobago.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2019, 08:08:18 pm »
Any chance you got the name of the journo?
Sorry mate I didn't. 

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2019, 08:11:35 pm »
Sorry mate I didn't.

Heard it myself and was taken aback. Would love to know which c*nt it was.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.