Author Topic: UEFA Champions League. Klopp's got a semi  (Read 320892 times)

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Re: CL Quarter Final Draw, Friday
« Reply #3240 on: March 15, 2019, 12:43:47 pm »
There were quite a few patches of empty seats when we played them away last year, might be worth a trip out there.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #3241 on: March 15, 2019, 12:44:33 pm »
I guess that means spurs will have played City 5 times this season!
I can see that going the way of Arsenal Chelsea in 2004.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3242 on: March 15, 2019, 12:45:22 pm »
Dream draw for our European hopes and our domestic ones too. Happy fucking days.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3243 on: March 15, 2019, 12:45:39 pm »
Welcome o the business end, people.
 8)

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3244 on: March 15, 2019, 12:46:35 pm »
I guess that means spurs will have played City 5 times this season!

When’s the 5th?!

Twice in the league twice in Europe no?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3245 on: March 15, 2019, 12:46:54 pm »
To be fair in the cups this season they’ve had just about as difficult draws as they could get - Chelsea, Arsenal, Wolves, PSG, now Barcelona, not to mention that home draw against Derby County that started it all off.

We got Chelsea in the league cup, Wolves in the FA cup and Bayern in the previous round, hardly lucky. If anyone they should be moaning about it's their mutant neighbors

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #3246 on: March 15, 2019, 12:48:27 pm »
No, the semi-final is on 6 Apr, i.e. before the 1st leg of the CL QF.
Wow that seems early.. usually the 2nd weekend in April around the Hillsborough anniversary
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #3247 on: March 15, 2019, 12:52:15 pm »
Absolutely brilliant draw for us. Barca talk is probably a bit premature as we still have a do a job to do vs Porto

Regarding Man City vs Spurs, have I read it right someone that this could be their first game at their new stadium? Bit of extra spice added if so

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3248 on: March 15, 2019, 12:54:11 pm »
I always say it, but a European game after the clocks have changed is always something to savour.
Going to an evening game when it's still light means that it must be an important game, the latter rounds. A reward for the slog of the autumn and winter.

Online GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #3249 on: March 15, 2019, 12:54:54 pm »
I always say it, but a European game after the clocks have changed is always something to savour.
Going to an evening game when it's still light means that it must be an important game, the latter rounds. A reward for the slog of the autumn and winter.

Playing under a golden sky.
JFT97

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #3250 on: March 15, 2019, 12:57:05 pm »
Well he wanted to leave for a bigger/better club or whatever didn't he?

He wanted to go and play for one of the two biggest Spanish clubs, which is many a South Americans dream. Of course it hasn't worked out for him, and it's a pretty powerful message to anyone else thinking of upping sticks and leaving LFC that the grass isn't always greener in Spain. It would be a fantastic irony if we beat them to the Champions League.

But I wouldn't call him a rat. That's the social-media era talking. He gave us years of quality service, and the money we have invested from his sale has got us to where we are now. It's not like he left to one of our league rivals.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 01:00:54 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3251 on: March 15, 2019, 12:57:19 pm »

Walking up to the ground for a european game in april/may is an absolutely unbeatable feeling.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:59:09 pm by Sharado »
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #3252 on: March 15, 2019, 01:01:10 pm »
Lovely stuff.

Away first leg of the semi's as well if we get past Porto ? Think it is, but I am tired.

Perfect draw all round. Whilst I expect city to get past Spurs, it will be a proper battle. United will get a new one ripped by Barca
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3253 on: March 15, 2019, 01:06:09 pm »
We'll get a good close look at Militao anyway. He's off to Madrid isn't he?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3254 on: March 15, 2019, 01:06:18 pm »
We've to extremely happy with that QF draw. All the so called big teams would of wanted Ajax or Porto.

The SF draw is always going to be a tough one in the CL and if we through the QF then to play away first is super.

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #3255 on: March 15, 2019, 01:07:06 pm »
It's a special time of year. I'm pretty sure I said this after most knockout games last season, but it's great to be back here again. For almost an entire decade we were watching from the sides. I say that as I don't count that brief cameo under Rodgers where scraping past Ludogorets was the only highlight. For two seasons now we've been involved in the late stages of this competition, and we have a good chance of reaching the semis again. There's a feeling that we belong here, in much the same way we did under Benitez.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3256 on: March 15, 2019, 01:08:41 pm »
I read this in the voice of James Brown

:lmao

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #3257 on: March 15, 2019, 01:10:07 pm »
When’s the 5th?!

Twice in the league twice in Europe no?

Sorr, ignore me had it im my head they played them in the Caribou cup.... but that was some other London shite!
Should look things up before posting.

Online S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #3258 on: March 15, 2019, 01:11:36 pm »
David Moyes in the Manchester studio, treated as if he is the semi official mouthpiece of the red mancs. How pantomime is that?
Have some respect. Take it you don't remember Everton's Champion's League campaign of 2005/06.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3259 on: March 15, 2019, 01:11:42 pm »
Robbos booking doesn't look to bad now
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #3260 on: March 15, 2019, 01:23:19 pm »
nonsense - sorry but that's just wrong
City are the best team in the competition like it or not

City have the strongest and most expensive squad - no doubt.

But the Champions league is more about experience and European pedigree, of which they have very little.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3261 on: March 15, 2019, 01:23:40 pm »
Bad feeling United will end up causing an upset. Speed in attack and a physical midfield is what Barca do struggle against match-up wise.

Really need Barca to go through for numerous reasons. Avoid all the drama of a semi-final with United and the sheer pain of going out to them in a semi. Also however crazy it sounds, Barca are the easier game. They are far more suited to us when it comes to match-up suitability. We have the strengths in our game that Utd themselves have to beat Barca, but our backline is of course a level above.

Just hope Utd's backline ends up being their downfall in the tie. We're elite as it gets at the back, and really should cause Barca all sorts of problems if they went through.

Man United aren’t beating Barcelona over 2 legs.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #3262 on: March 15, 2019, 01:25:26 pm »

Away first leg of the semi's as well if we get past Porto ? Think it is, but I am tired.

Except if we play United and City are through as well.  We'd play United at Anfield in the first leg.  Imagine the buzz of putting them out in the semis in their own back yard as we head to Madrid. Fuck me, that would be hard to beat.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #3263 on: March 15, 2019, 01:25:34 pm »
We'll get a good close look at Militao anyway. He's off to Madrid isn't he?

Yup. Buy out clause agreed deal I think.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3264 on: March 15, 2019, 01:25:36 pm »

This Barca side really aren't what many think they are.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3265 on: March 15, 2019, 01:26:29 pm »
He wanted to go and play for one of the two biggest Spanish clubs, which is many a South Americans dream. Of course it hasn't worked out for him, and it's a pretty powerful message to anyone else thinking of upping sticks and leaving LFC that the grass isn't always greener in Spain. It would be a fantastic irony if we beat them to the Champions League.

But I wouldn't call him a rat. That's the social-media era talking. He gave us years of quality service, and the money we have invested from his sale has got us to where we are now. It's not like he left to one of our league rivals.

He faked a back injury and sulked massively.

Fuck him.

Luis sorted him a house prior to it all going through also.

Fuck him.

We have moved on and we are a much better club now.

No hatred towards them and at end of the day selling him got us the best CB in world football and best GK.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #3266 on: March 15, 2019, 01:26:57 pm »
Except if we play United and City are through as well.  We'd play United at Anfield in the first leg.  Imagine the buzz of putting them out in the semis in their own back yard as we head to Madrid. Fuck me, that would be hard to beat.

That would be epic, but I am not sure my epilepsy could take a SF against united !

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3267 on: March 15, 2019, 01:28:52 pm »
The red Mangs might have been lucky to get through to this stage, but Porto were even jammier. They used up a load of luck in their game against Roma. Roma should have gone through if it hadn't been for some of the dodgiest refereeing this year. Var and all. 

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3268 on: March 15, 2019, 01:29:00 pm »
Not an easy draw, but surely easiest draw out of the toughest.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #3269 on: March 15, 2019, 01:29:03 pm »
Loving this draw. Couldn't have worked out much better in my view.

Absolutely at a loss re. the United comments.

Really? Jesus our fan base are in a worse state than I thought we were. I'm not lying when I say I wouldn't give them a second thought never mind voicing any concern over them. Do we really think we could have a better/easier possible semi tie than against United? Really?  :odd

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3270 on: March 15, 2019, 01:30:30 pm »

Only chance they have is if Messi is out injured, which I wouldn't bet against after PSG missing Neymar and Cavani.
Then it's probably 50-50 they go through.

With Barca at full strength over 2 legs, I agree that they'll be too good for United.

Barca are no PSG either and they won't bottle it like they did.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Re: UEFA Champions League. Porto in the Quarto.
« Reply #3271 on: March 15, 2019, 01:31:16 pm »
How good would that be?! :D He deserves that
We are a team of one half.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #3272 on: March 15, 2019, 01:31:54 pm »
Probably should give respect to all the teams at this point.  A lot can change over international break --- we have seen that before.

We need the soccer gods to continue do their work --- the enemy is hubris and conventional thinking.

5 Tasks to Appease the Soccer Gods

Assume nothing
Prepare for everything
Create new songs
Stop running our mouths
Pray for good footy

There I said it.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Re: UEFA Champions League. Porto in the Quarto.
« Reply #3273 on: March 15, 2019, 01:34:30 pm »
Ahh I must be a football romantic but I keep thinking of Ox's injury against Roma and how devastated he was that he couldn't play the final. With Klopp saying Ox will be 100% after the International break, does anyone get the feeling Ox will take us to the the promise land in redemption for last year?
We have to be realistic with him. Even in the best case scenario where he comes back and features, he still hasn't played in a long, long time now. He'd be so out of sorts.

It'll be great if he's fully fit and able to start the first game of next season. That's all I'm hoping for.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3274 on: March 15, 2019, 01:34:41 pm »
Can we just take a minute to be thankful for the position we're in?

I know, we're Liverpool, this is where we're supposed to be. But 2014/15 ended with a 6-1 loss to Stoke. Fucking Stoke. From 2009/10 (when Rafa eventually left at the season's end) to 2014/15 (aside from the League Cup win and that one amazing half season under Brendan) we were dire for large parts of those six years. Then Klopp arrived and since then has taken us to the Europa League final, two 4th place finishes, a Champions League final, now we're 1 point off the top with 8 games to go in the league and are overwhelming favourites to progress to the Champions League semifinals again. All this in less than 4 years.

We've won nothing yet of course but we've definitely come a long way

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3275 on: March 15, 2019, 01:34:59 pm »
Only chance they have is if Messi is out injured, which I wouldn't bet against after PSG missing Neymar and Cavani.
Then it's probably 50-50 they go through.

With Barca at full strength over 2 legs, I agree that they'll be too good for United.

Barca are no PSG either and they won't bottle it like they did.

Not to mention the fact that Suarez is going to be extra motivated for this one.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3276 on: March 15, 2019, 01:35:05 pm »
This Barca side really aren't what many think they are.

Maybe not, but United aren't either.

City or Juve for us in the semis would have been a harder route.

ANyway ...... Porto first.  Won't be as easy as last year.

Remember in 2006 when we thought we'd breeze past Benfica?

Offline nash_av

• Main Stander
« Reply #3277 on: March 15, 2019, 01:36:06 pm »
Man City vs Juventus
Man Utd vs Barca
don't care about who draws who for the remaining ;)

I should buy a lottery ticket today. 8) 8)

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3278 on: March 15, 2019, 01:36:10 pm »
Not to mention the fact that Suarez is going to be extra motivated for this one.

Hope he rips them apart at OT right under Ferguson's nose.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #3279 on: March 15, 2019, 01:39:15 pm »
I should buy a lottery ticket today. 8) 8)

Going by that you will have a 50% chance of winning.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez