Author Topic: Istanbul: Super Cup - 14 August  (Read 61554 times)

Offline MakeUsDreamLFC

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Istanbul: Super Cup - 14 August
« Reply #360 on: August 7, 2019, 06:13:29 pm »
Unbelievable mate. Was it still purchased in your name or you got a random membership there as well?

How is this even possible... fucks sake, haha...
Random membership number. Only the name of the person attending and address is correct.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Online stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: August 7, 2019, 06:13:33 pm »
Haha, same here. I've got purchased under Berik-something. Not the same seats, or block, but right name on the collection form. I guess it's best to call them tomorrow. It's always something, isn't it? ...

With this ticket office yes! Not really encouraging for my first proper Euro away trip outside the finals!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: August 7, 2019, 06:14:13 pm »
Sounds like they’ve done a mail merge email and got the data scrambled

Not ideal!

Offline MakeUsDreamLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #363 on: August 7, 2019, 06:28:14 pm »
Has anyone who bought more than one ticket had the same?

Offline Minore

• Late Night Cruiser of Swedish *ahem* "TV" Channels.
  • Kopite
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #364 on: August 7, 2019, 08:12:52 pm »
Just got this from the Club:

We have sent you an email today regarding your UEFA Super Cup ticket collection details.

Please disregard this email. Your confirmation will follow tomorrow.

Liverpool Football Club

Online stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan

Offline MakeUsDreamLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #366 on: August 7, 2019, 08:25:50 pm »
I still havent received this but hopefully it's coming

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #367 on: August 7, 2019, 08:35:37 pm »
I still havent received this but hopefully it's coming

Check your promotion folder if on gmail mate
Kenny Godglish

Offline MakeUsDreamLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #368 on: August 7, 2019, 09:33:22 pm »
Check your promotion folder if on gmail mate
Received it now! Anticipating the reshuffle tomorrow, maybe they will get it right this time :)

Offline Jimbo

• Main Stander
  • Youll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #369 on: August 8, 2019, 09:43:27 am »
Still trying to find out if anyone can vouch for Football Travel limited for their day trip. (Twitter @travel_limited). Thanks.

Did this day trip get cancelled?

Offline red number 9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Moses said "come forth" but we came first
« Reply #370 on: August 8, 2019, 09:55:05 am »
For info, Turkey is not covered on most roaming plans for UK phones. 

Some option on SIMS and portable hotspots at the new IST airport in below link.

https://www.traveltomtom.net/destinations/europe/tukey/turkey-sim-card-istanbul-airport

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: August 8, 2019, 12:57:50 pm »
Did this day trip get cancelled?

Yes it did.

Online stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: August 8, 2019, 08:10:50 pm »
Had the email with correct seat and membership number now.

Offline Minore

• Late Night Cruiser of Swedish *ahem* "TV" Channels.
  • Kopite
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #373 on: August 9, 2019, 10:26:02 am »
Had the email with correct seat and membership number now.

Same here. All sorted now.

What's up with the e-mail if someone else is going on your card? My mate isn't going so another mate of ours will go on his card, but neither have recieved the latest e-mail. All details are right for the lad who's attending etc. Should e-mail come to the leading booker or the one who's attending? I know some people have had problems with this before. However, he did recieve the ''mistake'' e-mail from the Club the other night. Guess it's best to call them.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: August 9, 2019, 12:41:01 pm »
anyone checking in for internal flights with Pegasus i'd recommend the app. their website makes our ticketing page look cutting edge

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: August 9, 2019, 01:01:41 pm »
Few questions and advice needed:
Advice needed regarding my flights booked via Kiwi (have spoken to them, but it's like speaking to a brick wall)
My return flight has a stopover in Frankfurt and I have 1 hour 5 minutes to catch my connecting flight, according to Kiwi I will be able to make my connecting flight. My problem is my connecting flight is with Lufthansa who are not allowing online check in with Kiwi. I am therefore guessing their check in desk will be closed at this point therefore me missing my connecting flight. I have put this point to Kiwi however they are adament I will be able to check in and make my flight?

Also, long shot but is anyone travelling to Manchester Airport early hours from Liverpool Monday Morning? Car is currently getting fixed so that is that one out of the equation. There is a train that gets me in to Manchester Airport train station 1 hour before my flight? Is that leaving it too late (I can check in online), so it would be a case of running to security flying through then running to board my flight but is it doable? As travelling solo the companies I have enquired to price up my journey is a bit pricey for 1 person.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: August 9, 2019, 01:28:30 pm »
Advice needed regarding my flights booked via Kiwi (have spoken to them, but it's like speaking to a brick wall)
My return flight has a stopover in Frankfurt and I have 1 hour 5 minutes to catch my connecting flight, according to Kiwi I will be able to make my connecting flight. My problem is my connecting flight is with Lufthansa who are not allowing online check in with Kiwi. I am therefore guessing their check in desk will be closed at this point therefore me missing my connecting flight. I have put this point to Kiwi however they are adament I will be able to check in and make my flight?

Also, long shot but is anyone travelling to Manchester Airport early hours from Liverpool Monday Morning? Car is currently getting fixed so that is that one out of the equation. There is a train that gets me in to Manchester Airport train station 1 hour before my flight? Is that leaving it too late (I can check in online), so it would be a case of running to security flying through then running to board my flight but is it doable? As travelling solo the companies I have enquired to price up my journey is a bit pricey for 1 person.

Only one point I’d say about that is that one hour to get from the train through security in the height of the summer hols will be really really pushing it . The station can be a real distance depending what terminal your flying out from

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #377 on: August 9, 2019, 01:38:28 pm »
anyone checking in for internal flights with Pegasus i'd recommend the app. their website makes our ticketing page look cutting edge
Yes thought the app looked alright though

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #378 on: August 9, 2019, 01:39:55 pm »

I believe Kiwi send your boarding passes to you, that’s what they seem to suggest in emails. I’ve never booked with them before so I’m not really sure but I could check in on the Pegasus app for my kiwi booked flight 

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: August 9, 2019, 03:42:05 pm »

I get an error saying online check in not allowed due to document check. This is Hamburg > istanbul

edit: I think i need the visa document number from everyone to do it
« Last Edit: August 9, 2019, 04:00:29 pm by Craig S »

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #380 on: August 10, 2019, 01:53:20 am »

I got to Manc Airport direct on my way to Madrid by the choo choo.

https://www.thetrainline.com/m/results/outbound?from=urn%3Atrainline%3Ageneric%3Aloc%3Aliv2246gb&isSGP=false&journeyType=single&outbound=after&outboundTime=2019-08-12T02%3A15%3A00&passengers=%5B%7B"age"%3A27%7D%5D&to=urn%3Atrainline%3Ageneric%3Aloc%3Amia2961gb

Edit .

Just re read . Get the train before then if you think its gonna be tight. Iam sure National Express goes direct too.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 01:54:54 am by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: August 10, 2019, 10:43:26 am »

Don't know anything about Kiwi but if it's a proper connecting flight by the same carrier then they only make available connections that work. (And if it does not work, they are responsible for putting you on the next one).

The best thing I do is to look at the code of the first flight and look what terminal it gets in at. Then look at your connecting one for the departing terminal. If they are the same then you arrive in the place you're flying from and it's easy. If it's different terminals then just google how long it takes to get between. Quite often it's the same terminal.

I've got a connecting flight on the way back via Berlin I think (but separate tickets and only 1 hour) - I looked at past history this week and the first flight has been late by an hour most days - wish me luck!

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: August 10, 2019, 12:08:11 pm »
Looks like free transport on the day.

Public Buses
On match day only, Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality arranged free dedicated transportation buses from both Istanbul Airport and Sabiha Gokcen Airport to fan meeting points. The buses will depart from Istanbul Airport every 30 min from 09:00 to 21:00 and from Sabiha Gokcen Airport every 60 min from 09:00 to 21:00.
Please follow the “Public Transportation” signs to reach those buses. After the match, free transportation buses will be available from fan meeting points back to both airports from 00:30 to 03:30.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #384 on: August 10, 2019, 01:52:42 pm »
any info on fan zones and all that ?

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan

Online stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: August 10, 2019, 11:22:03 pm »
Don't know anything about Kiwi but if it's a proper connecting flight by the same carrier then they only make available connections that work. (And if it does not work, they are responsible for putting you on the next one).

The best thing I do is to look at the code of the first flight and look what terminal it gets in at. Then look at your connecting one for the departing terminal. If they are the same then you arrive in the place you're flying from and it's easy. If it's different terminals then just google how long it takes to get between. Quite often it's the same terminal.

I've got a connecting flight on the way back via Berlin I think (but separate tickets and only 1 hour) - I looked at past history this week and the first flight has been late by an hour most days - wish me luck!

Your flight back isn’t the 10.40am Thursday morning, arrive in Berlin at 12.30pm and then onto a Ryanair an hour later at 13.35pm is it?? Cos I’m on that!

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: August 11, 2019, 09:54:44 am »
Ha no mine is in the early evening. Just checked FlightRadar again for mine and it's not been too bad last few days - fairly on time apart from one day was 30mins late arriving - worst last week.

Yours looks like this:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/pc979
Fairly on time, apart from one day!

Both IST and SAW airports are miles away from the city - going to take at least 1 hour to Taksim or 1 hour 30 from airport to hotel and vice versa.

For anyone on that late Pegasus flight on the Wednesday you might consider heading straight to the bag drop rather than hotel if pushed for time.

I'm looking forward to this one now, but turned into a massive expensive ballache. 4 hour flight out, giving no actual time in the city, then through half of Europe on the return with a risky connection - at least I'll see a bit of the city on the Thursday.

Another example for those that go on about collections - sometimes it just isn't realistic.

Edit: Oh, and it looks to be another hot one - 30degrees!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 02:07:56 pm by davidsteventon »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: August 11, 2019, 04:23:16 pm »

Edit: Oh, and it looks to be another hot one - 30degrees!

Been 40 today in Antalya  - cooling a bit each day apparently to Wednesday when at kick off it will be 24 in Istanbul  which is better!

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #390 on: August 11, 2019, 05:39:27 pm »
Looks like metro in Istanbul will stay open until 04.00.......and free up to 06.00am on 15th ! -

http://www.metro.istanbul/duyuru/detay/train-services-change-due-to-football-match

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: August 11, 2019, 07:21:45 pm »
Looks like metro in Istanbul will stay open until 04.00.......and free up to 06.00am on 15th ! -

http://www.metro.istanbul/duyuru/detay/train-services-change-due-to-football-match

Thanks for this mate I was looking how to get back to Sultanhamet after the game and all transport seemed to stop after 12 - was thinking I'd be walking for 75 minutes or getting ripped off with a taxi but that's made it much easier.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #392 on: August 11, 2019, 07:47:00 pm »
Thanks for this mate I was looking how to get back to Sultanhamet after the game and all transport seemed to stop after 12 - was thinking I'd be walking for 75 minutes or getting ripped off with a taxi but that's made it much easier.
No worries.......think it also has something to do with the end of Muslim religious holyday.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: August 11, 2019, 09:02:57 pm »
Fuck I cannot wait for this. Love the Super Cup.

Watching the highlights from previous finals now, and I swear every game is a classic.

Online stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: August 11, 2019, 11:01:32 pm »
Anyone else travelling on their own? My first Euro trip outside the last two finals but had my sister with me on those, I just had to go though don’t get any other chance. Only for the day, arrive early Weds morning, hotel booked right next to that Galata Tower and near the Bosporus bridge so I can at least get some sightseeing pics this time. Booked onto that boat trip but in two minds whether to bother with it or not, Webster just seems be turning up to the event the night before so doesn’t sound like he’ll be on that long, prob only a couple of songs and I’d imagine the same on the boat trip, so may end up on there with just a few hundred for 4 hours and it be a bit boring? Thinking best just go to the square?

Offline AnimalMasch

• Main Stander
  • Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA
« Reply #395 on: August 12, 2019, 12:54:15 am »
I'm there for a few days on holiday and going to the game. Probably gonna head down to Taksim Square in the day time to have a few beers.  :wave
Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: August 12, 2019, 02:40:09 pm »
Anyone else travelling on their own? My first Euro trip outside the last two finals but had my sister with me on those, I just had to go though don’t get any other chance. Only for the day, arrive early Weds morning, hotel booked right next to that Galata Tower and near the Bosporus bridge so I can at least get some sightseeing pics this time. Booked onto that boat trip but in two minds whether to bother with it or not, Webster just seems be turning up to the event the night before so doesn’t sound like he’ll be on that long, prob only a couple of songs and I’d imagine the same on the boat trip, so may end up on there with just a few hundred for 4 hours and it be a bit boring? Thinking best just go to the square?
Boat trip tickets are harder to get than match tickets,loads of top top reds on it,should be great afternoon,if you wan't to get rid let me know got loads waiting...

Online stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: August 12, 2019, 05:55:30 pm »
Boat trip tickets are harder to get than match tickets,loads of top top reds on it,should be great afternoon,if you wan't to get rid let me know got loads waiting...

Yea I imagine so, undecided yet will probably depend on what time I get there really and if I can have a hour or two wander round before it.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: August 12, 2019, 07:07:10 pm »
Enjoy, all. A bit gutted I decided not to go now!
YNWA.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #399 on: August 12, 2019, 07:25:39 pm »
Enjoy, all. A bit gutted I decided not to go now!
Yep, me too! Safe trips everyone, have a great time.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."