Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2010919 times)

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #840 on: March 11, 2016, 01:18:18 pm »
Needs to work on his celebrations, always looking to take his top off and stop at the very last second  ;D

Haha you can tell that Klopp instructed him to not take his shirt off because it's a stupid yellow card. It'll take time for him to get rid of that habit :P.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #841 on: March 11, 2016, 01:21:11 pm »

Came here to post the same thing. I'm wondering if it's actually become part of his celebration to look like he's about to take his top off ;D
Of course it's on purpose. He's so cool and deliberate when scoring, so why would his celebrations be any different?

Notice how he almost never hits the ball above the crossbar, always just enough force on the ball to score (Coutinho, Henderson take note). The sign of a class striker in form. He won't score as many youtube goals as Suarez, but he gets the job done. And he has the same vision and better passes than Suarez.   

Online gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #842 on: March 11, 2016, 01:29:14 pm »
Was more excited about Bobby than any of our other summer signings but felt a bit underwhelmed initially.  Christ, he's turning into the player we all hoped we'd signed though.  Loved that turn between two defenders last night.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #843 on: March 11, 2016, 01:35:44 pm »

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: March 11, 2016, 02:00:38 pm »

via @natefc
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: March 11, 2016, 02:04:31 pm »
Good stats comparison - but this one of those times that we need to use our eyes as well - Suarez had that extra little bit of magic that we could see from the offset - and what would eventually vault him into a top 5 player in the world.

Firmino has really found his feet and should continue to improve - but I don't think he will reach Suarez heights. How many will?

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #846 on: March 11, 2016, 02:10:17 pm »
I'm actually baffled at how many times people misspell his name. I remember when he first joined some said no one would ever get his name right, but I thought it was a joke. So far I have seen the BBC, The Guardian and even BT spelling his name as either Firminio or Firminho  ;D
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: March 11, 2016, 02:49:23 pm »
Of course it's on purpose. He's so cool and deliberate when scoring, so why would his celebrations be any different?

Notice how he almost never hits the ball above the crossbar, always just enough force on the ball to score (Coutinho, Henderson take note). The sign of a class striker in form. He won't score as many youtube goals as Suarez, but he gets the job done. And he has the same vision and better passes than Suarez.
lol

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #848 on: March 11, 2016, 03:12:39 pm »
This lad is class. Phenomenal team player. Seems to embody all the qualities Klopp looks for in a player.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #849 on: March 11, 2016, 03:12:46 pm »
lol

Yeah there's no way that's true, anyone remember the ball Suarez played to Downing? With the outside of his right from the halfway line right near the sideline straight in to Downing's path without him having to break stride. Downing then smashed the volley off the crossbar, think it was against Fulham maybe.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: March 11, 2016, 03:33:05 pm »
Made up for the lad! Gonna be one of the best in the league next season!

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #851 on: March 11, 2016, 03:40:25 pm »
Yeah there's no way that's true, anyone remember the ball Suarez played to Downing? With the outside of his right from the halfway line right near the sideline straight in to Downing's path without him having to break stride. Downing then smashed the volley off the crossbar, think it was against Fulham maybe.
How many of those did we see from Suarez though? Firmino serves up his team mates game after game, for instance Clyne for the penalty yesterday. He could definitely have done that pass to Downing. Firmino also has better assist stats than Suarez had, even at his pomp in 13/14.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: March 11, 2016, 03:45:22 pm »
Up the Bob!

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #853 on: March 11, 2016, 03:57:06 pm »
Starting to dislike this thread from seeing the constant comparison with Suarez.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: March 11, 2016, 03:58:07 pm »
Starting to dislike this thread from seeing the constant comparison with Suarez.

Yeah. So unnecessary IMO.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: March 11, 2016, 04:05:42 pm »
Why? I think it's quite interesting as long as everyone understands the caveats such as the progression of footballers not necessarily being linear.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #856 on: March 11, 2016, 04:06:00 pm »
Agreed. Saying anyone has better anything than Suarez is just silly. Suarez is like a human cheat mode.
And his assists were often world class, it was just often unnecessary to play an assist when he could just as easily embarrass an entire defence and score.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: March 11, 2016, 04:20:52 pm »
I just think it's unnecessary.

Suarez playing at 24 under Klopp in this team would have had completely different stats. For a sizeable chunk of the first year and a half of his time here, we were trying to force him into a dysfunctional attack with Andy Carroll.

For me, Firmino's stats are boss enough as they are, and if people are going to compare him to Suarez when he's doing well, they'll be inclined to compare him when he isn't doing so well, which would be rather unfair.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #858 on: March 11, 2016, 04:23:13 pm »
Any debate on Suarez will be substantially revisionist. The freshest memory we have of Suarez is his superman form from 13/14, and his performances at Barca did nothing to undermine that status.

But in reality we had two and a half seasons with Suarez in a side that was nowhere near top 4. He was excellent in 12/13, true, but still not quite at the 'saying anyone has better anything than Suarez is just silly' level. He made A LOT of mistakes, especially if we go further back. Zenit away, anyone?

13/14 Suarez is another level to anything we see week in week out in the league. True. But if take his whole career with us than we can, indeed, allow for some comparison with Firmino without the jingoism that comes with admitting Suarez is not the best ever.

But, anyway...back to Firmino. He's cool as fuck.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #859 on: March 11, 2016, 04:58:27 pm »
Love him, I'm definitely starting to believe the hype around him too!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #860 on: March 11, 2016, 05:03:01 pm »
Upped his game enormously this last month. Now showing his talent far more often in games and is not fading out like he was earlier. The combination of him with Lallana and Coutino is starting to look very exciting and with Sturridge getting more game time the future is looking rosy.
Same again next Thursday please Bob.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: March 11, 2016, 06:25:57 pm »

via @natefc

Awful comparison.  They are totally different players with completely different attributes playing different positions. 

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #862 on: March 11, 2016, 06:33:55 pm »
I always said Firmino would be good for us once he got used to the PL. He's developing nicely.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Homo rubrum

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Knock it and run, son.
« Reply #863 on: March 11, 2016, 06:37:19 pm »
Awful comparison.  They are totally different players with completely different attributes playing different positions.

You just don't want to have to change your name.  Firminumber11 has a nice ring to it though.   ;)
And if you can do it all with a proud boner, then why the hell not?

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: March 11, 2016, 06:43:06 pm »

Yeah. Firmino is better ;).
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: March 11, 2016, 07:17:15 pm »
You just don't want to have to change your name.  Firminumber11 has a nice ring to it though.   ;)

:lmao :lmao

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #866 on: March 11, 2016, 07:36:17 pm »
Suarez is a bit of tough comparison who could be this demonic and completely unpredictable (compared to Owen, Torres and even Gerrard when he played further up front who were more linear) number 9 that I don't think Firmino is capable of. To me he is the new Keegan if he wants to be, high energy second striker that can create and poach in equal measure.

Hope he keeps it up for a few years at least. 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 07:39:16 pm by trimore »
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #867 on: March 12, 2016, 03:34:27 am »
I never watched a lot of Keegan @ Liverpool but that is the sorta player Firmino will develop into IMO.

"high energy second striker that can create and poach in equal measure"

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #868 on: March 12, 2016, 05:15:49 am »
Hes going to be world class for sure. I dont think he can be as good as suarez..but he does remind me of neymar.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: March 12, 2016, 06:16:35 am »
Let's not compare him with Suarez. IMHO Suarez is the most skillful striker to have played for Liverpool in the entire time I have been a supporter. Just recalling that amazing goal against United fairly early on when he turned 180 degrees and bamboozled multiple players to provide a goal on a plate that Kuyt just had to tap in - you could already tell he was the best in the league.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:18:09 am by ThePoolMan »

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: March 12, 2016, 06:17:36 am »
Firmino is a very intelligent, tenacious and diligent player and that is the foundation of his ability to adapt this quickly.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: March 12, 2016, 07:01:15 am »
comparing Suarez to Firmino is useless, they both came from different leagues...

Suarez turned world class and one of best players ever imo... Firmino could become a fantastic player for us, but him having better first season stats doesn´t prove he will be better than Suarez eventually...

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: March 12, 2016, 07:28:09 am »
Firmino is a very intelligent, tenacious and diligent player and that is the foundation of his ability to adapt this quickly.

that is what i initially noticed before he joined us watching all the youtube highlight videos of his.(which already makes me an high priestess of scouts)

Plays at his pace and always seem to have some extra time to make an extra touch and extra space generated for him to score or create a pass.  The last player i could think off that have that skill is our Xabi. Different positions I know but same characteristics. Time stops when they have the ball.

As seen as his goal vs palace and the scums he is pretty ice cold in front of goal too. His first touch for both goals is fantastic and just gets the ball under control no matter how hard the ball is hit at him.

Watching back the man u game, we also seem to have brilliant technicians in the squad as we all know. Lallana, Coutinho and Firmino have that knack of wriggling out of tight spaces under pressure. He was basically everwhere in that game. Some instances he was at right back helping Clyne to overload Depay. Not that it was needed as Depay has been really poor so far but it was good to see him put a defensive shift and not shy out of the dirty side of the game.

Cant wait for the 2nd leg and I don't think we have seen the best of him yet. His intelligence is going to create partnerships all over the pitch. We have already seen him and coutinho destroy man city and Chelsea. The pass for Clyne and his partnership with Lallana help dispatched Man U off in the first leg. Maybe he will click with Sturridge or Origi in the 2nd leg to put us through to the next round.

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #873 on: March 12, 2016, 08:17:22 am »
To think we nearly had Depay over him...

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #874 on: March 12, 2016, 08:41:07 am »
Now showing some of the skill he had in the Bundesliga, and there is more to come he isn't the complete prem player yet
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #875 on: March 12, 2016, 10:32:38 am »
Does he have/get a song yet?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #876 on: March 12, 2016, 10:38:16 am »
Let's not compare him with Suarez. IMHO Suarez is the most skillful striker to have played for Liverpool in the entire time I have been a supporter.
Firmino showcased at Hoffenheim some of the most outrageous pieces of skill you can see on the football pitch. In that sense he`s not far away from Luis at all.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #877 on: March 12, 2016, 10:47:04 am »
I never watched a lot of Keegan @ Liverpool but that is the sorta player Firmino will develop into IMO.

absolutely nothing like him.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #878 on: March 12, 2016, 10:47:05 am »
Roberto is...Roberto...

Looking forward to his development with great anticipation

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: March 12, 2016, 11:15:09 am »

What's "we would luvvvvv it" in portugese?