Author Topic: The dislikes on YouTube are gone?  (Read 2571 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The dislikes on YouTube are gone?
« on: November 25, 2021, 06:04:44 am »
Have you guys noticed this or it's just me?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: The dislikes on YouTube are gone?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 06:43:50 am »
Just you mate, you'd better start troubleshooting

Most common cause I think is Disliking too much. Have you been Disliking a load of videos? If that's all you do then they may well remove the function for you.

What YouTube videos have you disliked lately?

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 07:21:24 am »
Not just you mate. Google has decided to remove likes and dislikes. It's been a big story for a while now, I don't know how you have missed it.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 08:14:04 am »

I was angry that the dislike button wasn't available for this post :(

;)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 08:19:30 am »
Just seen this as well. I hope they don't get rid of the like button, I've got a massive list of videos I've yet to watch on my "liked videos" section

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2021, 08:53:23 am »
Think it's designed to prevent Promoted videos from being massively disliked but being sold as looking after the mental health of small creators.

It's a stupid idea that will harm efforts to reduce spread of misinformation (or for things like bat How To videos that give really bad advice).

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2021, 08:57:36 am »
Still there for me
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2021, 12:44:00 pm »
Not just you mate. Google has decided to remove likes and dislikes. It's been a big story for a while now, I don't know how you have missed it.

come on, don't wind him up, we need to know what videos he's disliked to help him

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 03:35:33 pm »
Just you mate, you'd better start troubleshooting

Most common cause I think is Disliking too much. Have you been Disliking a load of videos? If that's all you do then they may well remove the function for you.

What YouTube videos have you disliked lately?

;D

That could possibly be the case

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2021, 03:36:31 pm »
Just seen this as well. I hope they don't get rid of the like button, I've got a massive list of videos I've yet to watch on my "liked videos" section

Quick move them to "watch later"

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2021, 03:38:42 pm »
I was angry that the dislike button wasn't available for this post :(

;)

;D ;D

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2021, 05:27:59 pm »

That's... not how you do it? There's literally a 'watch later' option. Likes are for when you, you know, like what you've seen.

On balance I think I'd take away any of those 'instant reaction' buttons from the internet as a whole, both positive and negative. I've seen some stupid strops online of people threatening to delete accounts because their subscribers weren't liking enough of their content etc. It's made the world mad, seeking this instant gratification after putting trash online.

With regard to things like technical 'how-tos' getting dislikes/downvotes as a way of warning people off them, then you'd have to keep a reporting function for inaccurate or dangerous guidance, although I'm not sure how a random YT moderator is going to be able to police that without themselves referring back to online videos.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2021, 05:50:43 pm »
It's a dumb move that insults everyone's intelligence. Just have software to ensure people have to watch a certain percentage of a video to have the dislike count. Simple.
Linudden.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2021, 09:50:10 pm »
That's... not how you do it? There's literally a 'watch later' option. Likes are for when you, you know, like what you've seen.
For some reason I've always used the liked videos, then after I've watched them I simply click the thumbs up to get rid of it from the list. But as Rick Rude suggested I'll move them into watch later

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2021, 06:03:30 am »
YouTube has gone to the dogs since the last 4-5 years. It started with the advertisements. Its now this removing the dislike button.

I think they were just slightly peeved that the Youtube rewind hasnt gone the way they wanted it to go.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2021, 07:51:32 am »
Pro tip:

Watch youtube on firefox instead of the app on android phones, you'll see much fewer adverts.

On topic: I loved voting down shite videos.  Bad tech guides, DIY and clickbait videos need to be marked as such.  Already annoying enough to trawl through a sea of shite to find something relevant.
Phuk yoo

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2021, 03:58:20 pm »
YouTube has gone to the dogs since the last 4-5 years. It started with the advertisements. Its now this removing the dislike button.

I think they were just slightly peeved that the Youtube rewind hasnt gone the way they wanted it to go.

I couldn't survive on youtube without my adblocker. Some videos I watch are only a minute or so long, but they try to attach a four fucking minute ad to it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2021, 08:05:41 pm »

Online Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2021, 02:43:03 pm »
I couldn't survive on youtube without my adblocker. Some videos I watch are only a minute or so long, but they try to attach a four fucking minute ad to it.

Can't you skip ad after 5 seconds?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2021, 03:43:50 pm »
If you put a hyphen between the t and the u in the url gives you an ad free version anyway
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2021, 05:54:10 pm »
If you put a hyphen between the t and the u in the url gives you an ad free version anyway

It's much easier to just use UBlock. Harder to block on TV apps etc unless you use something like PiHole (I'm not sure how well they work with Youtube though, been meaning to build one with a Raspberry Pi for ages but never got round to it).

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2021, 10:09:54 am »
SmartTubeNext (STN) blocks all adds and even automatically skips in video promotion sections!

https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartTubeNext

and for some reason I still have a dislike button

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2021, 10:12:33 am »
Can't you skip ad after 5 seconds?

It doesn't matter if it's 5 seconds or 5 minutes, youtube is still unviewable without adblock.
#Sausages

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2021, 01:00:08 pm »
Is YouTube Premium expensive there?

It's like 4 pounds for three months here. Totally worth it not to put up with ads.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2021, 08:37:39 am »
Dislike buttons are on my You Tube

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2021, 12:01:55 pm »
Dislike buttons are on my You Tube

But you cannot see the no of dislikes/downvotes for any video anymore. It was a good indicator of the quality of the video in question.

Now you have to sit through shite content and waste your time.
Phuk yoo

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2021, 12:59:06 am »
But you cannot see the no of dislikes/downvotes for any video anymore. It was a good indicator of the quality of the video in question.

Now you have to sit through shite content and waste your time.

*Dislike*

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 2, 2022, 12:01:18 pm »
Such a heavyhanded response on their part to a real issue and clearly they have avoided implementing something better because this "solution" disproportionately benefits corporations (in addition to scammers) than it does regular users.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2022, 07:34:13 pm »
My Youtube homepage now has a bunch of random videos on the homepage instead of the things I would usually watch and be interested in, is there any way to change this?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2022, 07:40:12 pm »
Are you still signed in?