Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 314536 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #2680 on: March 21, 2019, 04:48:17 pm »
Enthusiasm is on the boil again.  Love the Brexit draft idea BB.  And Hazell, agree that the end of the season might be another good time.

Am happy to send out PM's Mikey.  Let me know what the next steps are:

1.  Go forward with derby draft
2.  Make a non football draft - many cool ideas
3.  Wait until Summer

Can do all three, please advise.

Trend

Will be gone for the next few hours.  Talk amongst yourselves. 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #2681 on: March 21, 2019, 04:50:39 pm »
That's true, the distraction from real football when that happens is pretty appealing ;D

Personally, I'd be happy to do any kind of football draft, just don't have that much time at the moment until the end of the season, which would be a good time to run some as well, given the lack of Euro's/World Cup this summer.

African Cup of Nations/Copa America are on, so that kind of draft would be an idea.

Like your Messi/Ronaldo idea too :)

African cup of nations/Copa América draft sounds great. Either together or split.

Thanks! I’m not completely convinced the Messi/Ronaldo is there yet as I was just spitballing, although I do like the split draft into conferences for two different themes part.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2682 on: March 21, 2019, 04:56:55 pm »
That's true, the distraction from real football when that happens is pretty appealing ;D

Personally, I'd be happy to do any kind of football draft, just don't have that much time at the moment until the end of the season, which would be a good time to run some as well, given the lack of Euro's/World Cup this summer.

African Cup of Nations/Copa America are on, so that kind of draft would be an idea.

Like your Messi/Ronaldo idea too :)

Most definitely. The dark times under the Owl were probably around the peak of drafting on here.

On a more serious note (I drafted that Brexit idea above ages ago and just tweaked it :D ), I like the idea of a summer ACON and Copa draft. Maybe even combined in some creative way.

The Messi vs Ronaldo idea is cool too! I think in general, we need more creative ideas if we want to get drafts off the ground. I like the basic structure of the current idea, but it just doesn't have the vavavoom IMO. We've done so many drafts on here now that you just can't pull people in otherwise. Everyone is tired of drafting the same names over and over, and seeing those same selection of names in the final. The most successful drafts of recent have been the Cisse draft (humorous premise which needed some solid research), The all-time draft which allowed steals between rounds, and the Hipster draft (totally new set of players). The LFC and Serie A drafts were popular simply because those two are probably the number one topics on here, but neither can be repeated any time soon.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #2683 on: March 21, 2019, 05:36:54 pm »
RAWKites to consider from previous drafts who have not yet told us NO.

9.  King Luis10

Thanks for the invitation Trent & mikey. Gonna skip this one but I'll definitely be watching & judging your picks from afar ;D ;D

;D

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2684 on: March 21, 2019, 05:50:58 pm »
The other alternative is to consider changing the time limits between picks to allow for people with not as much time/in different time zones to get involved again. Back in the very early days of RAWK drafting it was 5 hours between picks! However, I think most of us would turn rabid waiting that long now  :D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2685 on: March 21, 2019, 06:01:19 pm »

;D

My alzheimers' knows no bounds.  Sorry mate.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2686 on: March 21, 2019, 07:50:21 pm »
African cup of nations/Copa América draft sounds great. Either together or split.

Thanks! I’m not completely convinced the Messi/Ronaldo is there yet as I was just spitballing, although I do like the split draft into conferences for two different themes part.

Most definitely. The dark times under the Owl were probably around the peak of drafting on here.

On a more serious note (I drafted that Brexit idea above ages ago and just tweaked it :D ), I like the idea of a summer ACON and Copa draft. Maybe even combined in some creative way.

Nice, would be a good one to do I think, I can run it if we get enough interest :)

Still interested to see if we actually do get a draft going this week :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2687 on: March 22, 2019, 12:31:08 am »
Titi Camara's In!  Get in.

Mikey_LFC
Lastrador
DeFacto
Tubby
Titi Camara
Flash Gordon
Elzar
Trend

Have sent some PM's.  Getting close.   

One suggestion to make the draft flow is that we create a draft order that takes into account time zones --- so people are not waiting when others are sleeping or in the busy part of the day. ---- or create a draft TimeSpy (whose is not in the draft but their job is to create an orderly draft by PM'ing people before their picks to create flow). 

Betty B has served this function before while participating in the draft, but we will not have the level of experience and Yoda-like draft perceptions!

So, we can make a time zones list to be efficient and get a draft order based upon that.  Then randomly assign the picks within the same time zone -- so people can plan their picks to coincide with when they are online most etc....

Here in KC --- Central Time Zone, USA.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 12:37:06 am by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2688 on: March 27, 2019, 09:41:45 pm »
Betty’s had to drop out the current draft, anyone okay to takeover his team?
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2689 on: April 22, 2019, 04:23:24 pm »
What's in the pipeline fools?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2690 on: April 22, 2019, 06:51:05 pm »
What's in the pipeline fools?

Famous one liners?

1. The best way to save face, is to keep the lower part of it shut.
2. Impotence: nature's way of saying "No hard feelings"
3. “The Scots invented hypnosis, chloroform and the hypodermic syringe. Wouldn’t it just be easier to talk to a woman?”
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2691 on: May 1, 2019, 03:32:43 pm »
I wanted an actual answer not your crap.  ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2692 on: May 1, 2019, 03:35:43 pm »
Nothing until the season ends :D

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2693 on: May 1, 2019, 06:58:02 pm »
Just had an interesting idea. What about a GoT draft? Where you have to fill the king and small council (hand of the king, king's guard, master of coin and whispers, etc.) positions with characters from the show?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2694 on: May 3, 2019, 05:22:52 am »
Not that interesting I guess.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2695 on: May 3, 2019, 08:28:28 am »
Haven't seen Game of Thrones since series 4 or something, so am slightly out of the loop on this one :P

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2696 on: May 3, 2019, 08:56:07 am »
Haven't seen Game of Thrones since series 4 or something, so am slightly out of the loop on this one :P

Just pick Robson or Jerome for everything and you’ll be fine.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2697 on: May 3, 2019, 09:30:57 am »
Just had an interesting idea. What about a GoT draft? Where you have to fill the king and small council (hand of the king, king's guard, master of coin and whispers, etc.) positions with characters from the show?

Or draft a cabinet with all the different major secretaries, from anyone throughout history, non-fictional and fictional.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2698 on: May 3, 2019, 01:50:10 pm »
Or draft a cabinet with all the different major secretaries, from anyone throughout history, non-fictional and fictional.

Done that one!

Copa America / ACoN in the summer is next on the agenda. We should probably start spitballing ideas. Not sure that one needs to be overly complicated. Could either be modern players or all-time. 50/50 split of players from each tournament. Maybe even limit it to finalists only.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2699 on: May 3, 2019, 01:53:13 pm »
Done that one!

Copa America / ACoN in the summer is next on the agenda. We should probably start spitballing ideas. Not sure that one needs to be overly complicated. Could either be modern players or all-time. 50/50 split of players from each tournament. Maybe even limit it to finalists only.

Hey Champ!  How about an Evil Draft?  Pure Evil :)

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2700 on: May 3, 2019, 01:55:07 pm »
Done that one!

Has to be a limit to Copa America players if you do all-time or you end up having a mostly Argentina / Brazil draft.

Current players would potentially even this out and make it more interesting. Prefer not to limit it to finalists. Maybe just limit it to players picked for the tournaments as they run almost simultaneously.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2701 on: May 3, 2019, 02:48:25 pm »
Just pick Robson or Jerome for everything and you’ll be fine.

Unchained Melody!

Wait, this isn't the Songs You Really Hate thread is it?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2702 on: May 3, 2019, 03:02:17 pm »
Done that one!

How about a Copa America/ ACoN sheep draft?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2703 on: May 3, 2019, 03:03:59 pm »
Hey Champ!  How about an Evil Draft?  Pure Evil :)

Ooooh I like that. Like build squad of ultimate villains? Suicide Squad style but not shit.

Has to be a limit to Copa America players if you do all-time or you end up having a mostly Argentina / Brazil draft.

Current players would potentially even this out and make it more interesting. Prefer not to limit it to finalists. Maybe just limit it to players picked for the tournaments as they run almost simultaneously.

Good point. 11 from 11 would sort that out pretty sharp.

If we go all-time, it would be nice if the players had a minimum number of games played, so you can't just pick players who happened to be in the squad.

Modern I'm not too sure of the depth of talent on offer. Might be a bit niche. I'm not too up on the current squads though, so I could be wrong. What do people prefer?

How about a Copa America/ ACoN sheep draft?

This could work for all-time, for sure. Modern the pool would be too small.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2704 on: May 3, 2019, 03:08:12 pm »

I'd also be well up for something like this once the show is finished - which is not too far away now! The thread would likely end up being a spoiler haven and way to reminisce about the best parts of the show. Which would be great. I reckon this is something to throw up in the main GOT thread once we near the end. Not sure how my footy drafters are regular watchers.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2705 on: May 8, 2019, 04:14:40 am »
The Origi-Gini Draft (3 ideas)

----  Biggest Hipster goal scorers (no Kompany)
----  Born in Belgium or Holland
----  Bench Players who have GW goals in ECL
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2706 on: May 11, 2019, 10:52:45 am »
How about a draft of this structure where you draw the choices from either real life people or fictional characters?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2707 on: May 11, 2019, 05:57:05 pm »
How about a draft of this structure where you draw the choices from either real life people or fictional characters?

Would like that.  Especially if there was a sabotage pick from the group that every team had to integrate into their squad.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2708 on: June 4, 2019, 07:21:33 pm »
Celebratory Summer Draft? 

Don't care what it is really, just enjoy being here with you all --- as European Champs!  Anything else is just gravy.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2709 on: June 4, 2019, 08:02:31 pm »
Was thinking about an Africa Cup of Nations/Copa America draft given both tournaments are on this summer.

Something like a minimum of four players who have participated in each competition. Thoughts?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2710 on: June 5, 2019, 03:04:49 am »
Was thinking about an Africa Cup of Nations/Copa America draft given both tournaments are on this summer.

Something like a minimum of four players who have participated in each competition. Thoughts?

Great idea... would like to follow both of these more.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2711 on: June 5, 2019, 10:24:05 am »

I'd quite like to do this, would prefer if it was limited to current eligible players.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2712 on: June 5, 2019, 01:58:38 pm »
Hmmm, was thinking an all time one given it might be difficult enough with just modern players.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2713 on: June 5, 2019, 02:00:42 pm »
Yeah I think this sort of thing would be better if it were all time.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2714 on: June 5, 2019, 03:14:45 pm »
All-time, one player per country, minimum five from each continent.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2715 on: June 5, 2019, 03:27:12 pm »
Ooh I like that.

Are people up for this then? I was waiting until the Champions League final to be over - my interest would have been close to nil had we lost :P

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2716 on: June 5, 2019, 04:00:39 pm »
Fine, all-time is cool. Just wanted something more difficult and related to these tournaments so we get to know the players better. Whatever people want though.

I'm in either way.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2717 on: June 5, 2019, 04:47:06 pm »
In either way... The lads who do these drafts --- Hazell, BB, Samie, Mikey are outstanding in making them and running them.

Celebrate!  Let's draft.

6 are in!
6 times European Champs!

Destiny!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2718 on: June 5, 2019, 05:08:31 pm »
Good stuff. How many players per country? Was thinking just to have a minimum number of players who have played in each competition but like one per country too.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2719 on: June 5, 2019, 06:22:46 pm »
I've got a idea for after the Copa/ACoN draft. Needs a bit of collab to refine the rules - not sure about all of these.

The power of 6 (Shopping List) Draft -

Let's talk about 6 ba-by.

[1] A player who played in one of Liverpool's 6 European Cup/Champions League final wins.

[2] A player who wore the number 6 at either a World Cup or the European Championships.

[3] A player who was born in a year ending in a 6 (i.e. 1986, 1976, 1966 etc)

[4] A player who has 6 letters in their surname.

[5] A retired player who has either 6 or less caps or 6 or less goals at international level.

[6] A player who played for 6 different football clubs.

[7] A player who finished sixth in the Ballon d'Or.

[8] A player who was born on the 6th of any month (i.e. Jan 6th, Feb 6th, March 6th etc).

[9] A player who wore the number 6 in any European Cup/Champions League Final

[10] A player who has six fingers (played for a Manchester club for at least 6 years)

[11] A player who has scored a total of 6 goals at the World Cup or European Championships (not just at a single tournament) OR a player who has scored 6 goals in a single European Cup/Champions League season.