Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2606787 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #24520 on: May 17, 2021, 07:21:53 pm »
Should have gone the Pascal Chimbonda route and have a written request tucked into his sock to hand out after their final match

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24521 on: May 17, 2021, 07:23:00 pm »
We could do with a Mo Salah backup.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24522 on: May 17, 2021, 07:23:35 pm »
Blue mancs seems the most propable,they are looking for a new main striker.

Levy will want £100m+ surely,they can pay it easily of course but will they go above their faux modest model of 'only' paying up to £65m or so for players.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24523 on: May 17, 2021, 07:24:14 pm »
“And as Kane nets his forty-seventh goal of the season, you’ve got to ask just how has Pep Guardiola managed to create such a brilliant side?”

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #24524 on: May 17, 2021, 07:24:49 pm »
If he wants to stay in the prem (I am guessing he does!), there’s only 3 clubs who could afford him. 

Not sure Abu Dhabi would actually go for him, they’ll go for Haaland next summer (like about 10 other clubs).

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24525 on: May 17, 2021, 07:25:42 pm »
will still be playing for spurs come the start of the next season is my bet

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #24526 on: May 17, 2021, 07:25:45 pm »
He wants his situation resolved before the Euros :lmao Levy won't let that happen. They'll need to extract maximum cash to pay the debt on the cheese room

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #24527 on: May 17, 2021, 07:31:24 pm »
Blue mancs seems the most propable,they are looking for a new main striker.

Levy will want £100m+ surely,they can pay it easily of course but will they go above their faux modest model of 'only' paying up to £65m or so for players.

Manchester City's gonna get Haaland aren't they. Could he fuck off to PSG - if Mbappe disappears - the Poch link would make sense.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #24528 on: May 17, 2021, 07:32:52 pm »
The Ev, of dat der Lundon.

Totterton
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24529 on: May 17, 2021, 07:33:19 pm »
If City get Kane or Håland I would be amazed if anyone could even hope to compete with them over 38 games.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #24530 on: May 17, 2021, 07:33:22 pm »
He wants his situation resolved before the Euros :lmao Levy won't let that happen. They'll need to extract maximum cash to pay the debt on the cheese room

Gets injured at the Euros...

will still be playing for spurs come the start of the next season is my bet

...Misses the first couple of months of the season and sticks around for another lacklustre season.

...and signs for United next summer for both far too much and far less than the daft money they'd probably pay for him this summer.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24531 on: May 17, 2021, 07:40:16 pm »
If City get Kane or Håland I would be amazed if anyone could even hope to compete with them over 38 games.

Not that the Premier League give a shit if they just win it every year.

Online Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24532 on: May 17, 2021, 07:43:53 pm »
Kane wants to leave and water is wet

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24533 on: May 17, 2021, 07:45:56 pm »
Announces it just in time to make sure he’s booed in his final home game. :D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #24534 on: May 17, 2021, 07:46:19 pm »
Is anyone else of note running with this story?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #24535 on: May 17, 2021, 07:48:31 pm »
Fantastic player and all, but he's got a long contract, is shaking on a bit, and has ankles made of cheese...

I reckon he ends up staying.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #24536 on: May 17, 2021, 07:49:11 pm »
I'd take Son.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #24537 on: May 17, 2021, 07:50:47 pm »
Would command a mad fee when there’s better younger options out there.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #24538 on: May 17, 2021, 07:53:00 pm »
Would command a mad fee when there’s better younger options out there.

Yeah I think only certain clubs will be in for him, he's not someone we'd look at.  But he's proven in the league, has never been reliant on pace, will guarantee 30 goals a season and has developed his game over the past couple of seasons so he can play as a lone target man or drop deeper like Bobby does for us.

He'll be a great buy for whoever gets him.  The only concern is his chocolate ankles.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24539 on: May 17, 2021, 07:55:48 pm »
The more i think about this the more it looks armature hour from Kanes "team". Feels like its football manager and making this public and hoping for a bidding war. His agent should have sounded the very small pool of clubs out to see if he is wanted there and if not keep stum. saying that maybe its happened and there is interest and this is the start of the pantomime. Levy is maybe saying he can leave if its publicly known perhaps.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #24540 on: May 17, 2021, 07:56:44 pm »
Kane fits the profile of Manchester United so much. He's a very "United" player. I'd be amazed if he doesn't go there.

That being said, this could be a blessing in disguise for Spurs. They're going to get £100m+ for him and if they reinvest the money wisely, they can improve.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24541 on: May 17, 2021, 07:56:59 pm »
Maybe he gets the move anyway byt always think it's a bit mad when players at clubs like Spurs (grealish at Villa, Zaha at palace) agree to sign these long contracts and basically price themselves out of a transfer. Surely they have the power to at least get release clauses or something inserted

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24542 on: May 17, 2021, 07:57:31 pm »
No way anybody is going to pay the money it would take to get him. When you consider most are broke after the pandemic, his contract, his age, his ankles and Mbappe and Haaland are out there. Maybe even Salah too.

It's his own fault. Don't sign a deal through your entire peak with a team that don't win trophies if you want to end your career with a few trophies.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #24543 on: May 17, 2021, 07:58:36 pm »
I don't see anyone being bought for over 50-60 mill this summer, outside of the petroclubs and oligarch FCs. Certainly not someone turning 28 with a history of ankle trouble and not much resale value. You'd have to be pretty desperate or need to make a big splash to keep the fans onsid....

Ah. Ed Woodward's buying him, isn't he?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24544 on: May 17, 2021, 07:59:11 pm »
Wherever he goes, I hope they sing "hes one of our own" next time they play spurs.

End of the greatest spurs era I've seen. They even put the pressure on one season.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #24545 on: May 17, 2021, 07:59:35 pm »
Surely United buy him
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #24546 on: May 17, 2021, 08:00:37 pm »
No way anybody is going to pay the money it would take to get him. When you consider most are broke after the pandemic, his contract, his age, his ankles and Mbappe and Haaland are out there. Maybe even Salah too.

It's his own fault. Don't sign a deal through your entire peak with a team that don't win trophies if you want to end your career with a few trophies.

Is that really true though? United can still probably afford him nevermind Chelsea and City.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24547 on: May 17, 2021, 08:04:24 pm »

Ah. Ed Woodward's buying him, isn't he?

Kane is being smart here. Knows Woodward is leaving at the end of the season

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24548 on: May 17, 2021, 08:05:55 pm »
If United go for Kane they're out on the Haaland sweepstakes next summer. I've always thought OGS would want another run at Haaland.

Kane will just accept being a Spurs legend and winning nothing. Probably reiterate his commitment before the Euro's. Might even get Levy to give him a payrise.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24549 on: May 17, 2021, 08:08:54 pm »
Kane fits the profile of Manchester United so much. He's a very "United" player. I'd be amazed if he doesn't go there.

That being said, this could be a blessing in disguise for Spurs. They're going to get £100m+ for him and if they reinvest the money wisely, they can improve.

In some alternate universe where Fergie never retired Kane would have been there years ago, along with Gareth Bale.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24550 on: May 17, 2021, 08:12:07 pm »
will guarantee 30 goals a season

He's only scored 30 goals a season 4 times. This season is his first time with 30+ in 3 seasons.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24551 on: May 17, 2021, 08:18:52 pm »
He's only scored 30 goals a season 4 times. This season is his first time with 30+ in 3 seasons.

If he signs for Man Utd, he probably will guarantee 30 goals a season (obviously with around 20 of them being penalties).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #24552 on: May 17, 2021, 08:23:23 pm »
Wherever he goes, I hope they sing "hes one of our own" next time they play spurs.

End of the greatest spurs era I've seen. They even put the pressure on one season.

The third in a two-horse race season?  ;D

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #24553 on: May 17, 2021, 08:25:05 pm »
If he signs for Man Utd, he probably will guarantee 30 goals a season (obviously with around 20 of them being penalties).

I was going to say that Fernandes & Kane would make a fantastic assists & goals pairing (penalties, of course)...but imagine how may penalties Kane would win doing his 'backing-in' thing in a United shirt... :o

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24554 on: May 17, 2021, 08:30:40 pm »
I was going to say that Fernandes & Kane would make a fantastic assists & goals pairing (penalties, of course)...but imagine how may penalties Kane would win doing his 'backing-in' thing in a United shirt... :o

Oh yeah, and imagine the diving would be off the charts. One of them won't be able to pad out their stats with penalties though, so there is that.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #24555 on: May 17, 2021, 08:36:36 pm »
To be fair it's been coming and if Levy and the board haven't seen it then they're fucking idiots. Kane must get nauseous watching Vardy win a Premier League and FA Cup all the while he's won sod all at Spurs.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #24556 on: May 17, 2021, 08:37:04 pm »

I remember the panic when the League Champions bought the worlds best striker to push for the Champions League. Everyone gave them the League again, the Cups, and were sure they'd be in the Finals of the CL. Going from strength to strength. No one would touch them.

How did it end for Chelsea and Shevchenko then?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24557 on: May 17, 2021, 08:43:22 pm »
He's been planting the seed for a while, but now Spurs definitely won't be in the CL next season this stuff is coming out again. I just don't see him leaving, he wants to stay in the Premier League allegedly and that leaves City, Utd and Chelsea. With younger players with more potential available I just think clubs would be fairly naive.

Fair enough if he had been smart with his contract, but that's going to be a massive stumbling block as he's prized himself out of a move. If Utd were gonna go for him, I'm not sure they would have re-signed Cavani - he's not going to want to sit on the bench. Chelsea is a possibility but not sure how much he actually loves Spurs if that's the case haha. And with City, while I am sure they are tempted, I can't see it.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #24558 on: May 17, 2021, 08:50:43 pm »
They're going to get £100m+ for him

28 this summer and on the downhill side of the bell curve. Factor in his injury history... he is maybe worth half that imo.

so yes - perfect United signing.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #24559 on: May 17, 2021, 08:51:18 pm »
Lol

Some people revel in this kind of dismal self-flagellation
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D